Old 08-20-2007, 10:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/168/150

Default This place is like a ghost town!

Where is everyone? This is the ONLY forum online I can find for Sonoma, and it's dead. I only see random posts. It seem nobody posts here daily.

I really need a buddy to do this diet with and check in daily. I want to suceed, but I know me, and I NEED a buddy.

I also don't understand why this diet isn't more popular. Its the ONLY one I've been on where I actually feel satisfied.

Hello, hello, hello... (Is that my echo?)
luvthelighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:41 PM   #2  
it's always something

The sonoma diet never really took off here, and probably elsewhere as well
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:44 PM   #3  

Yes it's too bad it never took off. The food is good, so are the recipes but some parts of the plan really seemed to confuse people.

You are more than welcome to pop on over to the whole foods forum. Same types of food going on over there. Only difference really is that Sonoma has the two week wave one and uses plate/dish sizes for portion control.
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:08 PM   #4  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Any online links to the waves?
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/168/150

Jasmine, not really any online links. Did you read the sticky at the top of this page? I think that gives a good summary of what the diet is. It's very good, but it is a lot of preparation and cooking... maybe that's why it's hard for people to stick to it.
luvthelighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

I find you have a lot of leftovers which works out well.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 01:04 PM   #7  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
Jasmine, not really any online links. Did you read the sticky at the top of this page? I think that gives a good summary of what the diet is. It's very good, but it is a lot of preparation and cooking... maybe that's why it's hard for people to stick to it.
I'll take a look.
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 04:14 PM   #8  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

LUV ~ You can start a daily thread for Sonoma if you want to; just like you did this question. How about " SONOMA DAILY THREAD #1 " ... There seems to be a few people here that are interested and some more may join you very quickly. I think it would be worth a try ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/215/175

Height: 5'6"

I'm glad some more people are starting to post here! I"m a big fan of this diet!
twnkltoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:27 PM   #10  
aka Linda

S/C/G: 218/200/150

Height: 5'9'

I love this diet too! I have had a lot of fun trying the new recipes, enjoy the wine (living in Napa Co. it would be impossible to go without!), and have found it a very easy way to lose weight. I also appreciate that it is a lifestyle change, I can keep this up for the rest of my life.

I will try to post more regularly...kids back in school, holidays over and the move to my new house complete, so I should have more time.
aerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:10 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC View Post
The sonoma diet never really took off here, and probably elsewhere as well
I think the Sonoma diet hasn't taken off for the same reason the Mediterranean diet or the Asian diet hasn't taken off -- the majority of people will go for a fad diet that promises rapid weight loss over a sensible long-term lifestyle change. It's unfortunate that this is the case, and hopefully this will change in the future, but currently that's the reality.
trudyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:07 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 225/215/175

Height: 5'6"

Well, one thing we can do is have a lot of fun here on the Sonoma forum! Let's get this party started!!
twnkltoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:41 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

I don't know if anyone has checked out that Mediterrasian book they are featuring on the home page. It is pretty good. There is a lot of nutritional and scientific information which is pretty much the same as what is in the Sonoma Diet book but there are also a lot of very good recipes. A fair number contain small amounts of brown sugar but honey could be easily substituted or sugar substitute if you were inclined. They do also use the traditional rices for many of the asian dishes (jasmine, basmati) and I'm not sure how well brown rice would work as a substitute but for some you could easily use brown rice instead. I think it is worth checking out. I'm planning to try some of them out. They don't give nutritional information but if you use a calorie tracker it will figure it out for you or there are other computerized programs that can do that as well. It will certainly expand your repetoire considerably.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote