Zucchini Puffs

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Zucchini Puffs (Phase I)

2 medium zucchini
    1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1/3 cup mayonnaise - not Miracle Whip
    1/2 teaspoon basil (you could also use garlic powder, lemon pepper, or other herbs/spices)

Slice zucchini into 1/4" rounds. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Spread each slice with a thin layer of mayonnaise mixture.
    Broil for about 60 seconds or until tops are golden brown.
    Makes 36.
    Approximately 1/2 gram of carbohydrate each.
  • I had these today as part of lunch and absolutely LOVED them! I almost felt guilty eating them because they taste like something that isn't OP. I halved the recipe and found it to be more than enough. I'm a huge fried zucchini fan so this is a bit of a lifesaver for me!
  • I made these with garlic instead of basil. They were so good. It reminded me of the fried zucchini my grandmother makes! A++++
  • I used garlic powder AND basil. Soooooooooo yummy!!!
  • Made this tonight for my co-workers...had to pass out the recipe to everybody. I used FOUR large zucchinis and doubled the recipe for the spread...there were about 5 pieces left, THAT'S IT!!! Since I posted the last time I've made these about 3 more times. It's one of my favorite recipes so far!!!
  • I spread the mixture on some tilapia fillets I had, omg, delicious!
  • Just a reminder that if you use regular mayonnaise this makes 6 servings, 3 if using reduced fat, sugar free mayo
  • Quote: Just a reminder that if you use regular mayonnaise this makes 6 servings, 3 if using reduced fat, sugar free mayo
    I don't know why I never thought to look for sugar-free mayo (well, except that I only use it to make up dressings or THIS recipe, I guess). Got any brand names on RF SF mayo???
  • Do these keep well? I want to make these tonight and take some with lunch.
  • i love eggplants, do you think i can do the same with eggplants?!
  • Quote: Do these keep well? I want to make these tonight and take some with lunch.
    They're not AS good once they've cooled and they tend to get just a little soggy, but they still taste yummy.

Quote: i love eggplants, do you think i can do the same with eggplants?!
    I haven't tried it, but I think it would work w/ any vegetable. Matter of fact, I think I'm going to bake some chicken breasts and then coat it w/ the mixture and use it as chicken parmesan.
  • These are fantastic! I had extra mayo mixture so I put some on turkey pepperoni slices and broiled right next to the zucchini and they turned out great too! Like little pizza bites.
  • Thanks for sharing this recipe ellis - these are FAB-U-LOUS!!!
  • Holy cow these are good! My husband (who hates zucchini) stole several of my plate.
  • By the way, I've used the mixture on chicken breasts and made chicken parmesan that way. Everybody loved it!!!