I have been having these for a snack lately. I like having something to replace chips, popcorn, candy... the hand to mouth kind of snack.
- Take canned (or jarred) slice mushrooms and drain.
- Lay them in a single layer on a cookie sheet, sprayed with Pam. I like to line mine with foil for easy clean up.
- Season as desired. (I am using Spikes right now but have done Mrs. Dash and my mom likes garlic powder. Or you can make plain.)
- Broil for about 12 minutes.
- Turn the mushrooms over.
- Broil for about 7 more minutes.
You will need to play with the cooking times. This is working for me now; I like my mushrooms a bit crispy but still chewy. You may prefer crisper or less so. I fill my whole cookie sheet because they shrink up quite a bit while cooking and I figure it is vegetables so more is better