Wasabi

• Does anyone know if Wasabi peas are allowed during Phase one? From what I can find, there is no sugar, but I'm not sure.
  • Wasabi peas are fried green peas so definitely not P1 friendly. Most of them also have sugar and/or starchy binders so risky on P2. Sorry
  • Bummer...they seemed to be a great flavorful and crunchy snack...back to the drawing board. Thanks for letting me know!
  • Fried.... darn - I had no idea that they were fried. Here I thought that they were a healthy veggie! Guess I need to cut those out!
  • I was actually really surprised about the fried thing too. I just knew the coating was dicey. Reminds me of the time my DW had these peanuts she loved and I grabbed a handful, read the bag and realized they were fried. Like there isn't enough fat in peanuts already.
  • Atasty alternative to these would be roasted chickpeas. There's a great recipe in the Phase 1 snacks on the recipe section of this forum. And you can play around with the seasonings to suit your own taste, too.
  • Good to know for the future!

Also, I found on the market some Wasabi Almonds (Blue Diamond makes them). Not sure if they are OP (I think I remember the sugar content being 2g for 28 almonds) but they might be worth looking into for the same flavor add?
  • Jenn I had a bad Emerald Nuts experience over the weekend their dry roasted almonds have MSG and sugar!
  • I may need to experiment this weekend. I have some powdered wasabi at home. Wonder if I can create wasabi chick pea crunchies?
  • Here's a recipe. I'm sure it work just as well with chick peas.
  • Quote: Jenn I had a bad Emerald Nuts experience over the weekend their dry roasted almonds have MSG and sugar!
    Whaaaa????

*goes to look up the Soy and Wasabi nuts*

WOWZA! I forget to look at labels closely -- 2g of sugar BUT:

Ingredients: almonds, vegetable oil (canola, safflower and/or sunflower), sugar, modified corn starch, salt, soy sauce (soybeans, wheat, salt), horseradish, onion, spice, fractionated coconut oil, garlic, maltodextrin, yeast extract, natural flavor, citric acid, disodium guanylate, disodium inosinate.