Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 10:52 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Talk about the program changes

I thought it would be better to have a separate thread instead of taking over the "talk about your successes" thread.

So to reiterate, we were discussing the snacking changes. We've always eaten pretty much whatever we wanted for a snack, as long as it was Core ... it seemed to work out fine. Now snacks are limited to fruits and vegetables, smoothies, fruities, popcorn, and FF milk.

Where's the FF/SF pudding? Or the FF cottage cheese? Would that be considered a milk or do we use points for them? If we have to use points, why not just call them "dessert that we eat two hours after our meal ends?"

My only confusion at this point is that the online guide doesn't list smoothies for a snack. Makes me wonder what else was left off? Or were they just giving a FEW examples of the many choices?

Old 12-13-2006, 10:53 AM   #2  

If anyone else has questions and their leader doesn't know the answer, maybe they can post them here so that others can ask THEIR leaders. We'll get this figured out soon, I'm sure.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:59 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

My Leader claims the snack list in the getting started booklet is just recommendations. She didn't look really secure in her answer though. I have her email address. I may send her a link from the WW board when I run across it. She won't even discuss 3FC with me!
Old 12-13-2006, 11:10 AM   #4  

Well!

There was someone here at work who has Tuesday night meetings, and she was telling me this morning that someone at her meeting said all FF yogurt was now considered Core. We looked it up on the food list though, and that doesn't seem to be the case. Now I wonder how many people from her meeting are sucking down Yoplait Light yogurt today thinking they're eating Core? SEE WHAT I MEAN?
Old 12-13-2006, 11:19 AM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Not good. I'm not saying I won't convert to the new program. I'm just going to wait until it's CLEAR what the new program really is.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:33 AM   #6  

Well, me too. I am very sure they had reasons for the tweaks, and they do seem to be minor. Once we get it all figured out, it probably won't be hard to ease into the new rules. Snacking is usually the least of my concerns anyway, and when I do have something I try to make it a fruit or popcorn (or pudding, but I guess that'll stop now).
Old 12-13-2006, 01:17 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

i still haven't been to my meeting this week. fri will be the day. i'm not making any changes for awhile either.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:35 PM   #8  

Kathy, thanks for starting this thread. I wonder if someone purchased the new big books with ALL the core and other ingredients listed? There are usually so many more items that are listed there than the in the "getting started" booklets and those yogurts could be there, but I doubt it. I might break down and buy them, as for the last program changes that came out. I didn't bother. So, I'm behind by two programs, which is certainly off.
I didn't have an afternoon snack at all today and there are some days when I just don't either want to eat or don't have time. I've been drinking water like crazy, though, which is a good thing.
I'm (regardless of the new changes) really motivated to lose a few extra pounds between now and Christmas weekend as I know I will be off program during that time.
But, I am disappointed that certain snacks are not on the new core plan as a few of them have truly helped me get through one of those days when I am really starving.
I wonder what percent of people are going to completely try the new core recommendations for snacks?
By the way, my leader WILL discuss 3FC with me and think it's a good thing. She always tries to turn the conversation to WW e-tools (a sales technique they have taught her I am sure) after our discussion, but she says nice things about this site and I wouldn't be surprised if she is here under some "assumed name".
Linda
Old 12-13-2006, 07:43 PM   #9  
banned

hi guys-

vickie maybe shes not allowed to dicuss it, who knows!

kat: even if light yogurt i=snt core i say better suck that than to suck candy and cakes and icecream. jmho.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:57 PM   #10  
Southside White Sox Fan

You might be right, Andrea. I was also told that she couldn't hand out recipes to the group since WW sells cookbooks. It's a Center so maybe that makes a difference.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:41 AM   #11  
banned

hey vic now theres something i didnt know. my lady gives stuff all the time.

what big books does someone mean? the food comp's? cuz i boughtr them in my kit comin xmas eve
Old 12-14-2006, 11:51 AM   #12  

When I was going to in-town meetings, it was at a big center and they always gave recipes. They printed them on chalkboards that covered the walls, or wrote them on the big flip paper on the easel, and so we could sit there during the meeting and copy them down.

I think if the official WW site can post recipes and send out emails with recipes in them, then any center can do it too. I'm a little puzzled as to why yours won't.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:25 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 10"

I didn't attend the meeting yesterday but got the new books. For Core, I don't really see much of differnece. I need to pull out my old book to compare the snack guidelines to see what the issue is all about. My snacks are always fruit, yougurt or veggies. I was told that our leader did say that the flex changes were bigger - different way of counting points, and that core was basically the same.

I did like some of the receipe ideas in the new materials..
Old 12-14-2006, 12:31 PM   #14  
banned

i basically have heard re: snacking that pudding and jello and other things not there need points now.

im unaffected basically bc i dont snack in bt meals-granted a may a you know what load of fruit at meals like literally to fill me up but i do not snack unless im treating myself
Old 12-14-2006, 12:55 PM   #15  

Paula, if you were to follow the new CORE snack guidelines that yogurt you want to snack on would have to count as your flex points, even if it is a core food.
I just finished my lunch and felt that I had to really have a bigger lunch than normal as I am worried that I won't make it through the afternoon without some kind of snack.
My leader always shares great recipes with me and gives the points value of them and tells us if they are core or not. In fact, most leaders at this center give out recipes and they also show samples of great low point or core food packaging that people have brought in, kind of a show and tell type of thing.
We have found rolls sold at the Market Basket grocery chain called Mele Hada rolls that are only two points each, they are just like eating a huge piece of crusty Italian type of bread. They are not CORE, but I am willing to spend 2 flex points on them any day. I tear them and dip them into olive oil that I have seasoned. At any rate, I would not have found out about them without my leader telling us about them.
I wonder if the centers are franchises and the owners forbid certain leaders to recommend products that are not WW or to give recipes out unless they are straight from a current cookbook that is for sale.
One of my leaders was very smart about one of the cookbooks she invited people to pass it around and look through it. By the end of the meeting, three or four people had gone up to buy it, I think. I know leaders get commissions based on sales during each meeting. So, if you like your leader, buy your stuff at that particular meeting.
Linda
Closed Thread