Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 12:57 PM   #1  
banned

Default new core summary

http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/a..._id=15531&sc=2
Old 12-09-2006, 01:12 PM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks, Andrea! I looked at the Core Food List and didn't see any changes. Is this the new list? I don't have acess to any of the other options since I'm not a paying online or etools member. I'm really looking forward to my meeting on Monday.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:32 PM   #3  
Melissa

There's lots of chatter on the WW message boards about the "changes." I didn't spend a lot of time reading, but it looks like the changes are not much to get too excited about to me. Apparently they're restricting snacks now??
http://www.weightwatchers.com/commun...iewHidden=TRUE
Old 12-09-2006, 02:41 PM   #4  
Melissa

From what I can understand, and I may be wrong, WW is now saying that we can only have the following as "core" snacks:
At Snack Time Choose:
Fat-free milk
Fruits and veggies
Popcorn (94% fat-free)
Vegetable soup
Weight Watchers Fruities
1 Weight Watchers Smoothie

You can also use your weekly POINTS Allowance for between-meal snacks.

Apparently anything core is no longer good enough. Forget that! I think I'll stick with the old program for sure. Such confusion!
Old 12-09-2006, 03:53 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

I saw that too. If they're going to restrict snacking, they're going to lose a lot of us! I don't think I've ever thought of vegetable soup as a snack!

Still, though, there doesn't seem to be any change to the other Core list.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:01 PM   #6  
banned

hey guys

should be interesting. like vickie, i do not have access to physical materials at the moment bc i no longer attend so my hope is that seeing as though ww says that as of tomm kits will go on sale and techn. 1201 is 'tomm' im hoping the home section will be accepting orders at that time bc i have to wait to receive the kit bc my residence doesnt qualify to have a kit but i have family who does so thats where i send it but wonty see them til xmas so im looking to process asap so its there early enough so i have it by xmas

this may be a rumor but some are saying we can have carbs at 3 meals now
Old 12-09-2006, 06:41 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

i'll bring back info from my meeting next week.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:47 PM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm looking forward to my meeting. Hmmmm....haven't said that in a while!
Old 12-09-2006, 10:00 PM   #9  
banned

good luck!
Old 12-11-2006, 04:06 PM   #10  

You always could have carbs at three meals, for example oatmeal for breakfast, polenta for lunch and a baked sweet potato with dinner.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:39 PM   #11  

Just want to add that I got my new materials today and was very annoyed with the new restrictions on snacking. I switched from Flex to CORE a few weeks ago and I'd been on a plateau for ages and have finally seen some success with this. I don't do all that much snacking as I have been recognizing that some people have failed with CORE due to all day eating, which can get one into trouble.
I will probably continue as I have been as I have seen losses, finally, and don't see that what I have been doing is wrong.
I like to snack on a bit of protein in between meals and have almost like a mini meal with a piece of fruit and glass of water, it's better than all the carbs I might have had in the past.
I was truly annoyed that their Smoothies and Fruities were on the list of very few foods that we could have in between meals, such a transparent thing to do for them as those Smoothies are so very expensive.
I pay $12.00 a week for my meetings and I pay for my daughter to go with me as well, that's $24.00 a week, to restrict the list to very few foods and to put on that minimal list two items that they made a ton of money on is really pushy, if you ask me.
I think I'm going to boycott the Fruities now, even though I like them and have been buying them just to make my point about this.
I've not bought the Smoothies anyway as I always thought they were very expensive and I just can't afford them.
I'd love to hear some other views on this.
Linda
Old 12-12-2006, 10:01 PM   #12  

Height: 5'7"

I thought I was going to buy Fruities on ebay for less ... and actually the cheapest was four multipacks, which was 12 packages, for about $20 shipped. The price on WW site, with shipping, was the same but for five multipacks.

The online tools still list popcorn, SF/FF pudding, SF jello, etc. as snacks. It doesn't say anything about restricting it, so I'm not sure how I would do things differently at this point.

Don't you think that if we still wanted to eat 5-6 small meals, and include protein at each, and everything's STILL Core, that it would be okay? I don't think I'm going to change anything for now, but would still like to hear what everybody else thinks.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:48 PM   #13  
Melissa

I'm going with the old plan, and not worrying about changes. I do well enough to stay op any way!!
Old 12-12-2006, 11:24 PM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

My Leader advised that the snack list is recommendations. I know the rumors are that the Leader's guide says the list is all inclusive. I'ved decided that as long as I stay all Core and eat small amounts whenever I'm truly hungry, then I'm on program and am not going to count points. If I were to restrict myself, then I'd be back to overeating at meal time to make sure I can make it to the next meal. To me, that defeats the purpose. There is always confusion at new program time. I'm going to wait until this all shakes out before I make any drastic decisions.

Linda, if it ain't broke...don't fix it!
Old 12-12-2006, 11:27 PM   #15  
focused and aiming

ditto
Closed Thread