Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 12:33 PM   #1  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Exclamation Stop The Insanity - Let The Core Board Live!

I'm not sure about anyone else but I was quite surprised and upset when I read Suzanne's recent post about MOVING/CLOSING the WW core Board.

Not sure why as I think it is a very helpful place for those of us following the program to chat, ask questions, peruse recipes and most importantly gain support from fellow followers.

I know that in the past there has been some questionable interactions between individuals on this board but we are all allowed to express our opinions. HOWEVER - no one should be made to feel abused, insulted or questioned to the extent they no longer feel comfortable posting on this board. I have noticed that recently many daily posters have stopped posting (altho I believe they are still lurking/reading) because of this!

I myself have written to Suzanne (via PM) giving her my opinions and asking her to reconsider. I hope that those who feel the same way will also share their feelings with her. I would like to once again feel the friendship and support I used to experience with all my core buddies!

Thanks for listening!

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 12-06-2006 at 04:08 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:36 PM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm lurking, Frouf! I, too, once loved this board. I don't know whether I'll ever post again but I come here daily to read, be inspired, and check recipes, menus, etc.

I'd like to think the board would still be here should I ever decide to post again.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:38 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

I think the suggestion was initially brought up because nobody was posting here. The general thought was that it's all WW, so keep WW together and let Flex have a thread, and Core have a thread. It would be much like the Atkins people who don't have their own board, but have a thread in the general Low Carb area.

Vickie, I really just want you to know that I would never intentionally say anything that I thought might be hurtful or taken as a direct attack. I would like to apologize for everything that has transpired and am begging you to please not go. PUL-EASE!

Look how much we've all missed from each other's daily lives over the last month. I had a birthday -- the big 5-0. Imagine how it felt to go thru it by myself ... there was nobody here to call me an old lady!! Nobody knows that Shaun finished up his first part of A-school in Great Lakes and is going to Fort Lauderdale next week. That's big news! Or that Kate and her boyfriend broke up and she had to move out! How about all our Thanksgiving comings and goings? While the Whole Foods and Featherweights (the two places I mod/watch) are nice folks, they're just not you guys.

I wish everybody would reconsider and come back. I really, really do. And that's all I know to say.

Last edited by Katpo; 12-06-2006 at 05:28 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:02 PM   #4  

Welcome home, Sandra!
Old 12-07-2006, 11:17 AM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thank you, Kathy. Your post means a lot to me. I've been sick over everything that transpired as well. I never really left....I've just been lurking. Not that there was much to see lately!

Happy Belated Birthday (welcome to 50!) and huge congratulations to Shaun for getting his life in order. Poor Kate. I'm sure you're taking good care of her.

My time since I last posted has pretty much been consumed with getting ready for the holidays and worrying about my friend Cindy. She had her bone marrow transplant on November 21st. She's on life support right now. We are still praying that all will be well.

I'm not sure how much I could post in the next couple of weeks but I'd love to know that you were all here when I can post.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:31 AM   #6  

Oh! Bless her heart! I have thought a whole lot about her and wondered how she was doing.

I think for Christmas this year, I'm going to take each of the kids for a ride in my car! The water pump and some other stuff went out last week, and of course it was like 15 minutes out of warranty, so $1000 later I have a car again. "Merry Christmas, kids! Your gift this year is that mom's car got fixed! Enjoy!!!"

50 has been nice so far. I haven't creaked any more than usual, haven't gotten sick, haven't even gotten in trouble all that much! I can work with this. Of course, I probably just jinxed myself and will fall down and break my arm as soon as I hit SUBMIT.

Okay, I'd better get busy. I just can't stop feeling happy that things might be healing here. Thank you so much, Frouf, for the ice-breaker.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:20 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

i am so glad to see our board healing. we've all been through a lot together and will continue to do so. that's life, i guess. families as well as friends have these hills to climb every now and then.

i was so worried about losing our group. for awhile i tried to post like nothing was wrong but that was a mistake. frouf, thank you for breaking the ice. that's what was needed.

vickie, my heart goes out to you. i know exactly how you're feeling with cindy's decline. that's so sad. i will keep her and you in my prayers. i pray she gets better. if that's not meant to be, i pray she remains comfortable and out of pain. sometimes that's all we can ask for. if you need to talk, i'm here for you. i love you.

kathy, thank you for the welcome home. i'm sorry you had to spend big bucks on your car. we're about to have to do the same. 50 isn't bad. i began a whole new life's adventure when i hopped into that decade. i'm turning 60 in a few weeks and am excited about it. never thought i would be, but i am.

okay, where's the rest of our bunch? our board is healing but to get well, it needs all of you back. also, i'm nosey and am wanting to know what's going on on your ends of cyberspace.

i love you all bunches!!
Old 12-07-2006, 03:18 PM   #8  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

hugs and kisses to all my 3fc buddies - I have missed you SO MUCH - esp you Vickie - and I am excited to feel that this will all be behind us soon.

I too miss posting and hearing about everyone's exciting lives! But it became a very quiet and lonely place for a while and I just couldn't let it die!

I hereby declare the Core Board Chicks reunited in spirit and encourage all lurkers, ex-posters, newbies and the curious to post and 'visit' with us when they can!

Frouf
Old 12-07-2006, 05:03 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

Old 12-07-2006, 07:40 PM   #10  
Melissa

Old 12-07-2006, 10:18 PM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

I really would like to invite all the newbies and lurkers to come forward and post. I LOVE getting to know new people and I'm personally motivated by the excitement of others.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:22 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

i'd like to 2nd that, vickie.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:59 PM   #13  

Okay, okay, I'm back. I've also been lurking, but have been really, really busy with the holidays and church stuff (remember I'm in charge of all the ladies' group activities!). But our big Christmas dinner is over so maybe I'll have a little more time.

I'm holding steady weight-wise. Although it isn't going down as I'd like, at least I'm not gaining.

Welcome back everybody.

Angela
Closed Thread