Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 07:31 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Core Chat for Nov. 22 - 26

Starting a new thread. The other one was a little outdated! Your mod, Mauvaisroux, is on a little trip for a while. I hope you don't mind.

Sandra, what's the plan for the weekend? Here's mine and I hope there's some way, somehow, that we can get together.

Tomorrow, nothing until 7:00 p.m. because that's when Erin gets off of work. She is working from 12 til 7 to let the people who have husbands and children be with their families (what a sweet girl) ... so I asked her if she wanted to eat before noon or after 7, and she opted for later. Good choice!

Friday I'm working from 6 a.m. til around noon. Nothing afterward unless I venture up near the mall so get my new charm added to my bracelet.

Saturday we're going to Tyler for the day (sorry, Rhonda, it makes me sick to be gone that day) and will be back around 7-8 p.m.

Sunday morning is free and then I'm going to work from maybe 1 til 5. Maybe not. If you are available that day and want to meet for a "girl" lunch, then let's do it.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:28 PM   #2  
focused and aiming

kathy, we are tied up all weekend. it's looking like we'll be super busy. i'm sorry we can't get together. if something changes, i'll give you a call. i wish you could have met us monday at olive garden, but i understand being tired from working.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:11 PM   #3  

No problem at all ... I totally understand. My schedule shouldn't change so if you get free time and it coincides, just let me know. You've got the phone numbers.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:37 AM   #4  

Thanks to "blessedwithsarah" for the polenta chip idea, I'm going to try it!
My first week on CORE, I lost 2.8 pounds, I'm really pleased. Now, if I have a gain over Thanksgiving, I'll not have lost ground from where I was the week before starting core. Hope that makes sense!
I liked being on CORE this past week and think I am going to hang around with you all a little bit, if you all don't mind.
I'm taking today "off" from WW, though. It's Thanksgiving and I feel I deserve one day where I can forget it all. I know WW wouldn't approve of that, basically, but I feel I want to do this and if I have a set-back, so be it.
Tomorrow, that is a different story!
I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving.
Linda
Old 11-23-2006, 09:26 AM   #5  
Melissa

Let's dig in to that turkey and those veggies!
Old 11-23-2006, 10:39 AM   #6  
focused and aiming

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

i hope each of you is celebrating the way you want. enjoy every minute. and, our canada friends, i hope you're enjoying this week, too.

linda, i understand taking today off ww. you may have a good surprise and even have a loss. who knows? sometimes that happens. (another thing to be thankful for.)

melissa, podna, i love your cuties. what a great big smile you gave me when i saw them.

kathy, i will call you if i get a chance.

we're making rounds to several different thanksgiving celebrations today. it's supposed to be 77* today so we're both in shorts. (another thing to be thankful for.)

i'll be back to the board later. (another thing to be thankful for.)
Old 11-23-2006, 12:13 PM   #7  

I have taken the day (week?) off too from worrying about every little thing that goes in my mouth. I should be thankful that I'm no longer overweight and don't have to watch it so closely. Although I'd like to be lower, according to my family, friends, doctor and especially Judd, I'm fine the way I am.

I got up early this morning and made the cornbread for the dressing, then made the broccoli/rice casserole. Pumpkin pie just came out of the oven, everything is out to make a chocolate icebox pie, and the turkey is ready to go in. We aren't eating until 7 because that's when Erin gets off work. It sure makes for a nice relaxed day when I can pace myself with the cooking. After the turkey is in, the only other things to do will be mashed potatoes, green beans, sweet potatoes and rolls (all easy things) and I won't start that until around 5. So I have the afternoon off!!

I hope everybody's having a great Thanksgiving, and to our Canadian friends ... happy Thursday!

I refuse to shop in crowds, and my Christmas shopping is done anyway, so tomorrow after I get home from work I will put the stamps on my Christmas cards and get them in the mail. Then we'll start decorating the house, starting with the small lit trees on the front porch, and on to the inside decorating. The tree will probably wait until Sunday since we'll be gone to my parents' on Saturday.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:28 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

kathy, your dinner sounds delicious. i'm finished with christmas shopping, too. it's a great feeling, isn't it? i think i've taken the week off, too. (eatingwise) oh, well, life goes on.

we met rhonda and doyle at cracker barrel but opted to go elsewhere cuz of an hour+ wait. we ended up eating at golden corral. we had a good visit during the meal. that's the main thing. i can't tell ya'll how much i'm enjoying being reunited after years apart from my cousin--and getting rhonda as a new cousin? what a blessing! (this is more to be thankful for)

we visited 3 different groups of friends the rest of the day. each family had children that i had taught years ago. one friend's daughter called from arizona. i got to talk to her, too. i hadn't seen or heard from her in over 12 years. in fact, most of these kids had had about 10+ years of growing up since i'd seen them. i got to meet their children, too. it's been a great day.

tomorrow we'll be in weatherford all day. i probably won't be online much.

have a terrific friday, everyone.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:32 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

i forgot to tell you that we didn't take any photos today. we'll get some at the wedding saturday.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:53 PM   #10  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all my Amercan chickie friends - I assume you are now enjoying turkey leftovers? YUMYUM

Congrats Linda on a great first week loss - good for you!

Kathy - your 'menu' sounds delish (as I munch away on my smoked salmon for lunch!).

Sandra - sounds like you are still partying it up and having a blast! Have fun at the wedding tomorrow - please send my best to Rhonda and Doyle - perhaps you can post a pic if possible?

The sun is shining here but is is a bit nippy but warming up this weekend (yesterday I had to scrape some frost of my car in the morning!)

Nothing major planned - just got thru dd's bday on Wednesday and gearing pu for dh's next wednesday! Can we say cake?

Frouf
Old 11-24-2006, 02:20 PM   #11  

Cake! YUMMM!!

We are a little chilly here too; it has barely broken 75 degrees. I'm really ready for some winter. Where is it???

I'm home from work and about to start in on some dishes that I didn't do last night. I also brought home some icky things from work to clean and take back on Monday. Tomorrow we go to Tyler to have Thanksgiving with my parents. Erin has to work but Kate is going with us.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:05 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

can we say cake? you betcha!! we'll be saying wedding cake tomorrow. rhonda and i have been talking about it for months now. after cake tomorrow i'm back op for sure. i may even go to w a sunday. even if i don't, illl be op. i'm getting tired of eating. now isn't that a hoot?

frouf, i'll take some pics if i can and get at least one posted. i thought i'd bet some taken yesterday but i didn't.

kathy, have a fun, safe trip to tyler.

i'm off for a bit now. have a good evening, everyone.
Closed Thread