Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 11:22 PM   #16  
focused and aiming

hi, chickies. and a big to our new chicks. it's great to have you here.

we were gone all day to a town about 100 miles south of here. guess what? i'm human afterall. now i'm sitting here with an overfull tummy. tomorrow's a new day. i am definitely going to w a. i don't like this feeling i'm having tonight.

kathy, i loved the drunk chicken, too. i may have to get curtis to take me back to chilis. i looked up pts--14 for the entire meal. not bad.

frouf, i'm glad the thing is gone. life is good. i hope you're feeling better. i don't like for you to feel bad.

vickie, how are things with you? did you see where i lost last week after eating out 7+ times? you're right. it can be done. now today i ate out twice and made poor choices. tomorrow's a new day.

rhonda, we're ready for you two to get here. maybe drunk chicken is in order.

gotta go. curtis just nodded off. it's time for night night. see ya tomorrow.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:05 AM   #17  

Default Hate this early darkness!

So, how is everyone feeling as Thanksgiving approaches? I am still struggling with the time change--it is dark at 4ish, completely black by 5 p.m. I use a lightbox every morning--otherwise you wouldn't see me out of bed until, oh, say, 11 a.m.

I have committed to being strict with Core starting yesterday thru the end of the month. I did OK yesterday (I posted a menu--I notice no one else did!), tho. I also ate 2 granola bars (only 2 points, but certainly a processed food). This morning I had fresh strawberris and 3 vegetarian sausage links. I'm quite full and it was nice to eat fresh fruit that wasn't apples!

I can't believe Thanksgiving is coming up next week! It probably won't be a very relaxing holiday break for me--the combination of our vegetarianism plus the severe food allergies my nieces/nephew have means no soy, nuts, peanuts, etc. In other words, none of our usual food! We are trying to find common ground with grains and dried beans. I am going to volunteer to make all the veggie food; hope my SIL is OK with that.

Hope everyone has a good week. Please post menus--the ideas help me stay motivated.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:25 AM   #18  
focused and aiming

elana, i'm aiming for a loss next week, too. this week is probably a wash for me so i need to work extra hard.

gotta run. i'll be back later.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:24 PM   #19  

Weigh in went well. Down 1.4 lbs. I was pleased seeing as I have had a rough month. My daughter lost 2.6. She received her 10 lb. ribbon last night. YEAH!!!
Old 11-14-2006, 02:51 PM   #20  

Hey all , thanks again Melissa, Kathy and Sandra for the welcome!

Sandra and Kathy that drunk chicken sounds very good!

I am also finding the time change hard Elana..it is so dark here early.

Beckley congrats on the loss and congrats to your daughter too!

I finally had a good day of eating yesterday and so far today is going smooth too. I sure hope I can fit in my clothes at Christmas.
I did some Christmas shopping on an online bookstore today so a few more people crossed off the list. My mil is into dvd concerts so I am going to get her a couple for Christmas..the only part is that she will want us to watch them when we are over at their house. I don't mind watching dvd concerts once but she tends to watch them over and over

BBL
Areil
Old 11-14-2006, 04:34 PM   #21  
focused and aiming

congratulations to bb, ariel, and bb's daughter for doing well with program. one day at a time is all any of us can do.

this time of year creates new challenges for all of us. let's hang in there, chickies.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:49 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

speaking of challenges....I'll never get the house clean before the dog/house sitters come!!

Well, I did OK today with food...all core, except for two little, bitty cake-like goodies at a meeting.

I'm just running like crazy right now....talk to you tomorrow.

Rhonda
Old 11-14-2006, 08:48 PM   #23  
focused and aiming

hi there. we're settled in for the night. i'm going through some brochures i got at the ranch office about things to do in the fort worth area. (like i didn't live here over 50 years.) we're going to start doing some touristy

melissa, i apologize for not responding to your last night's post. i am proud of you for getting back into exercise. that's super important. i did 30 min w a today. should have done more but didn't do less.

rhonda, i'll bet you are running in circles getting ready. i'm sooo excited you're almost here.

elana, i'm all right about thanksgiving coming. it's all these other days that give me the scare. we've been gone from home now since late october and won't get back till mid-december. talk about a challenge!! i'm in the "chicken-fried kingdom!!!"

ariel, i'm almost finished with christmas shopping. i do need one more trip to the malls, though.

well, i'm off now to read about stockyard station. (train ride)
Old 11-14-2006, 09:29 PM   #24  

Height: 5'7"

Sandra, what do the brochures say? I guess they mention the Bass Hall and Sundance, but what else?

Have you gone to the new Cabela's up north near Denton and Alliance Airport? It is supposed to be really great, and you and Curtis would probably enjoy walking around. Oh same with Bass Pro Shop if you haven't gone there (near Grapevine Mills Mall).

My baby Kate is breaking up with her boyfriend tonight, moving out and is so worried and upset that she can barely see straight. I just wish I could take some of her anguish away, but I know I can't. Bless her little heart.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:16 PM   #25  
focused and aiming

kathy, i wish kate the best.

here are a few of what i found:
omni
zoo
stockyards/train
christmas in the park at 6 flags
wax museum
baseball museum
Old 11-15-2006, 08:19 AM   #26  

I am viewing this day as a chance to stay on track with Core. I did OK yesterday; ended up eating a piece of dark chocolate at night (while watching a Chris Rock DVD w/DH--it was a fun evening)--I counted the points and things seem fine.

I will be at kickboxing tonight and that should be a good energy boost.

I posted my Wed. menu---hope others will do the same. I can easily get in food ruts and they make life very boring.

Have a peaceful day--
Old 11-15-2006, 08:22 AM   #27  

Awwww, poor Kate..."breaking up is so hard to do"...we wish her luck and all the best. Wouldn't it be great to take the hurt away? Of course then they couldn't grow up and that would be worse.

So, I'm wondering, how many calories get used up running around in circles and pulling out your hair?? I am so mad at myself. I gained two pounds with those cookie meetings the last two weeks. OK, TOUGH LOVE now...no more of those things. Save it all for the reception chow down!

Actually, I'm about to reach that zone where you say to yourself "if it's not done, it's not done." That's much more relaxed.

Hope everyone has a good CORE day.

Rhonda
Old 11-15-2006, 08:24 AM   #28  

Oh, Sandra...go to the Cowgirl Museum in Ft. Worth!

whee haw, it's great!
Old 11-15-2006, 09:16 AM   #29  

Height: 5'7"

And you'll also like the baseball museum. It's very cool! Hopefully you'll get to see this mini stadium that they have for meetings, etc. I even went to a wedding there last year! We signed baseballs and bats for the "guest book", and now they have those on display (the married couple, not the museum, LOL!).
Old 11-15-2006, 10:37 AM   #30  
Tracy(Canada)

S/C/G: 186/185/140

Height: 5'6"

Thank you everyone for the wonderful welcome.

Beckley, I live in Ontario, Canada and keep a case of water in my SUV until the temperature drops so low that it would freeze. I can grab a water on the go anytime (as long as I have access to the SUV) and my children drink more water because of it too. When I pick them up from school, they always say, 'Mom, can I have a water?' (Two boys age 7 and 9.) My nine year old is starting to get chunky. He eats a lot of fruit (which can be too much natural sugar), very little veggies (I have to hide them in the food or force feed) and way too much pasta. (My in-laws are Italien and he loves Grandma's lasagna and homemade pasta soup). He also loves the Italien 'NONO (Grandpa in Italien)' buns as we call them. I have to get my eating changed for me and for my family. My husband can eat anything and still be skinny. GGRRRR! Must be nice.

Well, I spent $54 on WW frozen entrees and desserts. I am a supply teacher on call and need to make all of our lunches in the a.m. with little notice, so I need some quick options. I can gage my menu better if I know the points (even though I am doing core). I am used to points from the past. One of the only stores around here that offers them (with limited variety-one dessert and 4 entree types) is RCS-Real Canadian Superstore. Otherwise, I need to plan a half day trip into Michigan to shop for more options. (Exchange on the money is good now).

Today was a good start to my plan. I have downed one 500mL water as I typed this and had 2 eggs boiled with 1 slice of whole grain toast. My downfall is carbs (like my son). I always said I would marry an Italien some day because I love pasta and I did. Big downfall in the weight department-LOL. I also love chocolate.

I agree ,Beckley, about the not telling family members about your plans. My husband will sabatoge me without even realizing it. He'll come home with takeout, chips, cookies, etc... He'll hand me a cookie one minute and ask me if I lost any weight the next. If the answer is no, he will say, maybe you shouldn't have had that cookie. AAAgggghhhh! He's a good guy. I love him.

Anyway, I'm going to read through for some good recipes. Take care and I'll BBL. I'm trying out the acronyms I learned from the other thread.
Closed Thread