Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 12:57 AM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Weekly Core Chat Thread for Week of October 22-28, 2006

Here is our new weekly Core Chat Thread!

Come on ladies.....let's have a chattier week.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:01 AM   #2  
focused and aiming

vickie, thank you for the new pages. i'm extremely chatty today, aren't i? i've been typing more today than i think i did the rest of the week.

i understand exactly what you're saying about tomorrow's being difficult. i tend to reward myself after an event when i've stayed op. this is something we have to learn to handle, isn't it? i overdid it today. i'm considering this my wpa's for the week. that's what i've been doing most of the time when i've had a day of indulging. we have the grands tonight so i won't be doing w a in the morning. i might possibly go tomorrow afternoon but i'm not sure.

this morning when i was typing about my wanting to lose 10 lbs by the new year, it was like a lightbulb turned on. our leader asked all of us yesterday where we wanted to be in the losing process by the end of the holidays. most year's i've been happy if i'd maintained. i was one of the ones who would say, "that's as good as a loss because that means i didn't gain the 7 lb average."

this time i'm planning to break the holiday spell (sounds like voodoo, doesn't it?) and drop those pounds. today was my indulging day. tomorrow--i'm on target.

there will be several days at a time that i won't be able to get here, but i'll be here as much as possible. i need you. we're probably going to be on the road either beginning thursday or friday. i won't have net access for about 5 days. if any of you trust me enough, please pm me your phone number. i'd love to call and chat for a few minutes. we have a cellphone with us, so i won't be too chatty. but i'd like to touch base.

have a good evening. i'll be back tomorrow. now i need to finish posting today's menu.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:30 AM   #3  

I'm determined to lose weight for the rest of 2006. The Core program is the best there is and I am tired of being fat. 2007 is the year I'm going to be thin again!
Old 10-22-2006, 01:23 PM   #4  
focused and aiming

melissa, i'm proud of you. 07 is going to be my year, too. guess we can call it our "lucky 7."
Old 10-22-2006, 03:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

OK, a challenge!! No more fat in 2007! I was aiming for this year, but I haven't made it yet. But, I have lost and kept off 20 pounds. SO, maybe this year will be the year.

Today is a low calorie day and I'm doing OK. I have little self help messages here and there and especially on the 'fridge.

I was at the house of my good friend who lost 100 on Atkins. She's lost another 30 and says that's it for her. She had two friends there who have also lost a lot of weight (and I'm the only one who brought healthy snacks!)....one had gone from a size 20 to a size 4 in about 18 months. It was wonderful to see! If they can, we can

Rhonda
Old 10-22-2006, 04:41 PM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

Yes we can! I slept in today and missed breakfast. We just finished watching the movie we rented. It was the Breakup. I'm so glad we didn't pay theater prices for it. I don't like movies that have no endings and they dragged it out too long. I liked the premise but it wasn't written very well.

Jim is out shopping and is getting us Chipotle for dinner. I was supposed to make roast chicken tonight but I don't feel like it.

I'm just checking my email and then I've got to do some laundry. I'll check back in a little later.

I hope you are all having great Core days.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:27 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Hey, gal pals! I'm finally home and totally exhausted. TOTALLY. I had a really good time though and have great stories. When I rest up in a bit, I might be back. I also have pictures but they're too dark so I'll have to lighten them up and re-upload to picturetrail. Meanwhile, laundry beckons and as much as I don't want to do it, I also don't want to show up to work tomorrow naked.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back Kathy! We missed you.

We just got back from dancing lessons. My sweetie is just a little tired! Not me, ready to boogie

I've done very well on my reduced calorie day. I'll try to do the same tomorrow.

Good night everyone.

Rhonda
Old 10-22-2006, 10:14 PM   #9  
Melissa

Me too, me too! I want to be thin again! I found this picture tonight and it's now my inspiration. I don't know if you'll be able to see it, but it's from my birthday in 2002...4 years and 40 (?) pounds ago. Yikes! I want to get back there.
I have to run, it's almost time for bed. We're putting ourselves on a strict going to bed/getting up schedule in an effort to have more time for exercise and just feel better in general.

Kathy, so glad you're back and that you had a good time!!

Sandra, I can't believe you're going to be gone for so long!! I'm very upset! But congrats on your resolve. I love hearing you get all riled up.

Rhonda, you seem like you're doing great. 20 pounds in a year is awesome.

Welcome Dabbadooey!

Vickie, I promise to be chattier this week. I wanted Chipotle today but we went to the pumpkin patch instead and just had a sandwich there.

Off to relax with DH before bed! to you all. We can do it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oct09_19.jpg (28.9 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by septembersgoal; 10-22-2006 at 10:21 PM.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:58 PM   #10  

Height: 5'7"

Sandra, are you coming this way? If so, will you PULLL-EEEEASE let me know??
Old 10-22-2006, 11:20 PM   #11  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Hi there,

So where did the weekend go? I can't believe it's already sunday night - and IT ACTUALLY SNOWED HERE TODAY - okay wet snow that melted when it hit the ground but still - how icky is that (little ds was of course thrilled - says people would now be smiling with joy - I don't think so!). Now it's miserable rainy cold windy and damp out there!

Vickie - glad to see you are feeling better - and great job on bringing 'supplies' to the party - did you have fun?

Sandra - You had better check in VERY OFTEN or else the wrath of Froufie will be upon you - when exactly are you leaving? So what did you and grands get at the mall? Inquiring minds want to know! Congrats on the great ebay deals - and I am so inspired with your 'holiday plans' to lose weight - might just have to join you?

Kathy - can't wait to hear all the details and see pics - hope you had a great time visiting w/Shaun.

Melissa - okay I need to take my lead from you and get to bed at a regular, and earlier time every night - I try but don't seem to have the discpline.

Loved your 2002 birthday pic - you are the CUTEST thing with a fabulous smile!

Feel like I was running around all weekend and no time to rest? Sat am picked up ds from airport (he was in Toronto) at 10:15 - dropped him off at club for concert that day - off to nail appt at 11 am (lovely wine colored nails are typing this message!). Back home to take dd to her dad's (not doing well - incision on hip may be infected and numbness in 2 fingers - not good!) so she could take care of him this weekend (yes I also went shopping for him as he desperately needed sweatpants (everything else too painful on waist) and zippered sweatshirt (can't pull things over his head).

Off to 2 pm hair appt - got to relive my cruise experience as my hairdresser also cruises! Hair not cut too short - but not the same as my regular color girl (Kyla) is no longer there - she and I got along well - very chatty. I now have Jenny - nice but very quiet and not much history between us? Oh well.

Went shopping after that - found a nice fancy sparkly top I intend to wear to the GALA DINNER EVENT tomorrow night! Was going to wear my sequin blazer but found this at sears - a 'fooler' top - looks like a camisole and matching top but it's one piece - black background with lots of silvery criss cross zigzags all over with a clasp on the top shirt holding it together - looks very fancy and shiny - except it 'sheds' - so after trying it on I had sparkles all over my face (and my bedroom floor when I brought it home!). It also would make a great addition to my cruisewear wardrobe (and did I mention it was regular $55 but 40% off on saturday?). Also got little ds a new snowsuit, hat, gloves etc!

Stayed in sat night watched tv. Today woke up w/sore back! Got groceries, drove dd to dance and back to dad's, got little ds boots (to go with his new snowsuit), to the mall to visit the new pet store - and the resident bunnies. Home to eat - then dh and I decided to go to a movie (The Prestige - very excellent!) and now I'm home.

Decided tomorrow I would leave work early - to go home and change for the awards ceremony - no Vickie - no idea if we won - but I don't think so - I read up on the competition and frankly I think their stuff is much better than ours! Will get myself changed and dolled up and to the venue by 5 pm - finalists briefing - then a cocktail reception (yes I know no drinking or I shall stumble and fall off the stage!) followed by a 5 course dinner, awards, entertainment and a dessert reception after that! Very exciting don't you think?

Then at midnight - my chariot turns into a pumpkin, my sparkles all disappear and I have to go home!

Frouf
Old 10-23-2006, 12:13 AM   #12  
focused and aiming

rhonda, that's amazing about your friends' losing so much weight. you're right. we can do this in 07. it'rs our year!!

i was wrong about using the cellphone while in transit. we don't have a generator in the trailer like we did in the motorhome so we won't be able to charge our cellphone at night. we're going to just use it for emergencies till we get to texas. bummer.

vickie, i had a great core day today. i even had polenta for lunch. did i tell you our nephew ate it and loved it? he ate his with pizza.

kathy, i'm glad you're going to wear clothes to work tomorrow. they probably wouldn't get much work done cuz of staring if you didn't. welcome home. it's good to have you back. i will call you when we get to the ranch.

rhonda, you sound like your excitement level is rising. that makes me smile. congratulations on doing well on your reduced calorie day. you'll do well tomorrow, too. and the next and the next and the next and the .........

melissa!!! howdy podna!! it's good to hear spunk in your posts, too. with me riled and you spunked? how can we miss??? 07! that's the year!!

come on, frouf. the wagon is loading. those horses are going to be sooooooo happy when we've all taken some of the weight off their loads. we are planning to leave thursday or friday. our martin archery shirts are at stitches getting our other sponsors' logos and our names embroidered. also, we're waiting on an order from an archery company to arrive. it should be here mid-week. the shirts are to be picked up thurs am. other than that we still need to pack the trailer and get the house winterized. we're both getting antsy. hope the week flies fast.

sounds like you had a big day yesterday. how about a photo of you at the awards ceremony? we'd love to see you. the girls and i wound up at walmart and taco bell. they had already gone to the mall earlier yesterday. plan b worked well. they bought junk. mickol bought snacks and a bottle of water. shayla bought some halloween teeth and something that makes "tooting" sounds. i just shake my head and look at the ceiling. today we took them swimming at the new indoor splash park here in town. we won't see them again till the end of the year. sure will miss them but am looking forward to seeing our texas grands.

it's late. i need to go sit in front of the tv with curtis for a bit. night night, chickies.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:48 AM   #13  
Melissa

Morning! I know, I'm up early!! And to top it off I'm getting ready to get on the gazelle, when DH gets finished up. It's a good way to start the day/week.

Frouf, your gala sounds so exciting. Good luck to you, and stay away from those cocktails!

Sandra, that stinks that you won't have a phone. At least check in with us occasionally.

Gotta go, he's done! Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-23-2006, 09:06 AM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm off to WW to get some bad news. Didn't much care about monitoring plan this week. I have my meeting, lunch and a bunch of errands and then I have to come home and start cleaning my pig pen.

I'm back on program and hope all of you are as well. I'll be on to try to catch up whenever I decide I can have a break. Probably between errands and before I get started on the house.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:56 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 10"

Happy Monday everyone. I'm with all of you - its a new week and time to get serious. I need to get back to goal and lower in 2006! Why is it so much harder for me to commit now when I have less than 10 pds to go than when I had 40? I know a big part of it is that I do like the way I look - well, at least in clothes!

We can all do it! We need to do it! Ra, Ra! Ok I'm done....

Kathy, glad your trip went well, I hope you are in better spirits. How did Shaun look in his uniform? I bet handsome! What man isn't handsome in unform

This week is going to be as busy as last week. I pulled a muscle in my lower back about a week or so ago. It was getting better until yesterday. We went to a flea market yesterday morning ( it was freezing! really, right around 32 degrees!). I was pulling Sarah in her wagon for a while, I think I pulled a muscle again. I'm ok sitting or walking, just standing is my problem. It takes me a minute to be able to actually move. I'm loaded up on motrin which is starting to help.

Didn't find much at the flea market, we were heading home at 9am (yes, DH needed for us to leave at 6, we left at 6:30). DD was complaining her feet were freezing.

Its warmer today, but dreary and rainy. Tomorrow is my day off, I need to run errands in the morning. I decided I need some casual long sleeved tops. The ones I have are fine for working around the house, but I need some nicer ones for actually going in public. For some reason the ones I bought last year are short waisted. I'm not that comfortable in them this year. What was I thinking last year

Well, off to a 10:00 meeting and then I have meetings much of the day. I'll try to stop back later today. I hope eveyone posts this week. It was awful lonely here last week.

Take care.
Closed Thread