Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 08:24 PM   #31  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Oh here I am - feeling pretty yucky - yes I have eaten (2 slices of pizza, 1 bagel, 1 slice marble cake, water), but my head still aches so!..and I just feel tired and icky. I may have to take even more tylenol and hopefully I will be okay by morning! Having a heck of a time getting little ds to bed tho which isn't helping and almost time to go pick dd up from dance class!

Yup no food or water (which is probably what is causing the headaches) for about 26 hours - I can sure tell you that you do appreciate what you have once you experience true hunger and thirst!, and of course you have a greater compassion for those that do without every day!

This headache reminds of the type one gets when detoxing from sugar - wicked bad and very painful - I think I shall drug myself once again!

Frouf
Old 10-03-2006, 12:51 AM   #32  
focused and aiming

howdy, chickies. we're home from the woods and have already hot tubbed. life is good.

rhonda, congratulations on losing that half pound. i like your plan for half every 2 days. that sounds like a good plan. i'm bidding on a dress now to wear to your wedding. (i may have already told you.) the bidding ends tomorrow.

that is sad about the shooting in pennsylvania. lots of crazies in this world, aren't there?

have a good trip, patti.

vickie, i'm glad your ankle's not broken.

frouf, i just reclined one night. man was that a long night! i missed pt today. i got there at 10:45 and found out it was at 10:00. i think it's very very impressive that you did the fasting.

melissa, sounds like you got a lot done today. did you make the tater soup? you can also put some of the potato soup mixture in the blender.

kathy, you sound tired. i hope you get some rest soon. worrying about your mom, driving to and from tyler, and working is a lot for anyone to do. try to get some rest if you can.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:21 AM   #33  
focused and aiming

well, here i am on last yesterday and first today.

good morning, everyone. i just reread what i typed last night. i apologize for the way it reads. i knew i was rushing around but didn't realize my post was showing it so strongly.

not much going on around here. i'm just wide awake too early and am trying to be quiet so i won't wake curtis. i have pt at high noon today. i think they scheduled me at that time so there'd be no way for me to get confused. they tried to call me yesterday to tell me i was missing my appointment, but i was online here keeping the phone line busy.

i'm still op. i haven't weighed yet but will after curtis gets up. i am back into the habit of daily weighings. i know that's not good, but i can't help it.

guess i'll go check what's happening on ebay. i am about through getting clothes but will look into "hello kitty" and "dora" goodies for the grands.

have a great day, everyone. i'll be back later.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:35 AM   #34  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, early bird! You win the prize for back-to-back posts!

I've bought my clothes from ebay for several years and have gotten some of my very favorites from there. This week it's a denim skirt ... very cute!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300031587570

This one ends in about 30 minutes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=290033889477

This one is cute but if I don't get it, I won't cry. It might be a little too wacky, even for me. But I do like toile!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160035438962

I came in to work and immediately was hit with problems. Hopefully after this week it'll lighten up a bit.

Vickie, what a relief that there's no break. Hopefully it'll start to feel better soon.

Back to the grind. Mama Sandra, stop worrying about me so much!
Old 10-03-2006, 10:34 AM   #35  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! We had awful, awful storms here last night. Some people still have power outages. We stayed high and dry and are very lucky. Of course, we stayed up until 12:30 because the dog was freaked and had to pee once the storms ended. Needless to say, we slept late this morning.

I'm still grumpy and stressed and my scale remains high. I'm in perpetual PMS and I HATE it. I'm very relieved about my ankle but two more weeks of RICE and no aerobics is not going to help my weight loss. I need to cut my intake back in a BIG way.

I have a lunch appointment and a hair appointment today. I hope you all are doing well.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:54 AM   #36  

Vickie, speaking as a person who hasn't been able to exercise for 5 months, I know what you're talking about. It IS possible to still lose without it, but I have had to restrict my intake to create the calorie deficit that's necessary to have a loss (or even maintain). If I hadn't, I'm sure I would have had a gain.

I saw your storms on the news last night and they looked quite bad. We're still in the high 90s and would welcome some rain, ANY rain ... I'd even take a power outage and flood. The power outage would be especially welcome right now because it would shut down this frappin' computer at work and maybe I'd be able to take a breather. The problems are coming at us faster than we can handle them. I hope things settle down with your weather soon.

Happy lunch and hair!
Old 10-03-2006, 12:52 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Speaking of calorie deficits...what is the lowest calorie daily intake that some of you have tried. I can remember being told that an average size woman could do all right for a limited time on 900 calories a day...essentially starvation level I believe. WW says don't go below 20 points, which would be 100-1200, if I understand it correctly.

I understand that at some point your body holds onto the fat and you won't lose. But, I'm never sure what that point is. AND, NO I'm not going down to 900; I'm just curious what others have experienced.

Rhonda
Old 10-03-2006, 12:53 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

of course, I meant 1000-1200....
Old 10-03-2006, 01:08 PM   #39  

My regular WW points level would be 20, so if I wanted to reduce it further, it would be under 1000 calories. On weeks where I do a high-low thing, there are days where it's 800 and days where it's 1200 or more. I don't totally buy into the whole starvation theory anyway; you'd have to do it for a very long period of time before your body started really hanging on for dear life.

Check out this post:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...tion+theory%22

Of particular interest: restriction with junk foods cannot compare to calorie restriction with nutritious foods.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:16 PM   #40  
focused and aiming

kathy, those skirts are cute. did you win today? i just got outbid on a cute top. i don't know if i'll bid again or not.

vickie, maybe your appointments will help you feel better. i hope so. sounds like "the change" is here, doesn't it?

rhonda, i know i told you that i thought that 20 pts should be the minimum, but i have to confess that some days now i'm eating 18. i ate 18 yesterday and woke up starved this am and had a 10 pt breakfast, so i'm thinking 20 is probably a good minimum. (am i talking in circles here?) i meant to congratulate you for getting back into the 180's. you're on your way!
Old 10-03-2006, 01:17 PM   #41  
focused and aiming

that's interesting info, kathy. thanks for posting. i can't help but worry about all of you. that's my job.

Last edited by ontarget; 10-03-2006 at 01:23 PM.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:25 PM   #42  
focused and aiming

here's the top. i just bid on it again. i like it but won't shed any tears if i don't get it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...fromZR2QQfviZ1
Old 10-03-2006, 01:39 PM   #43  

Thanks for the reminder, Sandra. I DID get that skirt this morning -- but forgot to go back and check, so I did it just now.

WARNING: OPINION AHEAD -- and don't forget ... it's only my opinion! There's no need for lurkers to come out of the woodwork and argue with me, because I'm entitled to an opinion. Harrrump!

I think everyone sometimes forgets that it is actually possible to gain (or definitely to not lose) on healthy food. Without keeping up with how much is going in vs. how much is being burned, there's no point in doing it. Diets (such as Core, and this will probably be the unpopular part of my opinion, but here goes ...) that say "eat til satisfied" are really leaving the door open for abuse. Moderation is too subjective to just throw out there with no particular guidelines. Plus, overweight people usually don't know what moderation is, or we wouldn't have become overweight in the first place, right? WW saw that they were losing a big part of their market to South Beach and diets like that, and they had to jump on the "no counting" bandwagon as well. I know there are those who dearly love SB or SugarBusters or Atkins or whatever, and that's fine! I've had success on all three before. As we all know, there are always exceptions, but I think the percentage of people who regain their weight after a few years is pretty high. There is a valid reason why WW Flex (or calorie counting) has had the highest success rate. It makes you accountable for the amount of food you eat. The points formula, which takes into account the fact that if you eat higher fiber, you get to have more of it (because it lowers the points value) is a smart one.

Stepping down off of the now.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:48 PM   #44  

Just so you know, this isn't directed to anyone in particular. I work with a bunch of dieters too and this is what I tell them (when asked, of course). Every day, someone asks me how I lost my weight and I ALWAYS tell them to journal. Journal, journal, JOURNAL. You can't possibly remember every little thing that goes in your mouth, and it adds up more than we realize! I'm guilty of it too, but one thing I do, even if it's bad food and I shouldn't have had it, is that I write it down.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:08 PM   #45  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Congrats on winning the skirt Kathy - I think they both are super cute! And I agree w/your opinion - but the bottom line is always more calories out than in - and you will lost weight - no matter what program you follow - of course the healthier the better - and you obviously need to 'change' your habits or you'll be right back where you started from! (don't we all know it!).

Sandra - I LOVE THAT TOP - it is so funky and cool looking - you must definitely get it - I think it would look fabulous on you! Good luck.

Vickie - sorry about all that bad weather keeping you up! How's Cassie doing by the way? And how does the ankle feel?

Rhonda - that 900 calorie reminds me of the Dr. Bernstein diet - yes you obviously lose weight - how could you not? But many people on that diet just don't look good and end up having further medical problems later on!

I am still suffering a bit today - not sure why I am just not bouncing back? Seem to have a background headache - but so far I have not taken anything but I might cave in soon - I just took so many painkillers yesterday I don't feel good about taking more!

Good news is I am the proud owner of 2 FLOOR ELTON JOHN TICKETS!!! Yes I got the presale code (tickets officially go on sale oct 5) and was able to get 2 tickets for dh and I (don't even ask how much they cost!!!). The tickets we have are in row 17, middle section, which are good seats, however I am still going to try for the section to the left - cuz I know Elton John ALWAYS has his piano stage left and I always like to be closer to that side so I can see him better and maybe his fingers on the keys? (Altho nowadays the whole show is always on big video screens so you can pretty much see everything!).

And I don't think I am going to Toronto this weekend - I am now feeling super guilty about the cost - esp since buying the above tickets!!! So time to get the turkey ready for a thanksgiving dinner? Maybe will invite dh's mom and his nieces over saturday night?

Okay time for some advil I think!

Frouf
Closed Thread