Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 08:53 AM   #31  

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning all. Just stopping in quick to check in. The scale was up a bit this morning -- I didn't post it but over the weekend it was down to 178. WW at work starts tomorrow, I need to drink lots and lots of water today. DD has gymnastics at 11:15-12. I have a work conf call that starts at 12 about a mgmt reorganization. I need to get home and call in, hopefully by 12:15. Should be interesting, and hopefully will mean good things to come. Of course these things keep happening on Tuesdays, my day off. I don't dare call in from my cell phone as the service in this area is questionable.

Frouf - welcome back. Your trip sounds amazing. Even better that the scale was down! I found on our vacation I walked so much more than I do during a week at work - I'm sure that helped you.

Well, I have some time before we have to go to the gym, think I'll take dd and our lab for a long walk. I'll check in later.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:17 AM   #32  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Jim and I are off for bloodwork. He's fasting for a cholesterol check (I don't know why I didn't get one ordered!) and I have CBC to check my iron to see why I'm so fatigued. Jim also has a PSA and another that checks his sugar levels over the last 6 months. I can never remember the name of it. Anywhoooo.....I'll take us out for breakfast and then on to run some errands afterwards.

Again....sorry I don't have time to read posts. I must shower and get ready to leave by 8:55. I'm a high maintenance girl. It takes me a bare minimum of 60 minutes to get ready. I'll be cutting corners this morning.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:58 AM   #33  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, all. I'm late checking in ... another busy day at work so I won't be on much. It was a bad night (evening) with neighborhood happenings. There was a big brouhaha at the corner bar where we go (and where I used to be a weekend waitress) -- ending up with people going to jail. Not good, especially since we know the parties involved. I didn't sleep well.

I hope everybody has a good day. BBL!
Old 09-19-2006, 03:20 PM   #34  
focused and aiming

hi there. i just have a second here, too. seems we're all busy today, doesn't it? i'm back on track. i counted last night as all my weekly allowance points. so i am going to be good the rest of the week. life goes is good.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:41 PM   #35  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Me again- I am still at home - woke up w/some residual tummy cramps - so stayed home again. Slept this morning - then had late lunch/brunch - after which I had some tummy troubles yet again....and did I mention how my back hurts too now and I am slightly hunched over? Sounds like I came back in great shape!

Was gonig to go get groceries w/dh but sent him on his own as I am in pain. May need to drive dd to tap later. Feeling tired and lethargic - and sent dh to freezer to find me a popsicle!

I can't even imagine cooking (or eating) dinner or leaving the house! I need a vacation after my vacation!

Frouf
Old 09-19-2006, 09:28 PM   #36  

I love Core. Got in exercise 4X last week and 2X this week so far. Since I talked to you last I have been diagnosed with spinal stenosis which causes back pain, pain through the butt and down into the legs and has the capacity for pinching nerves. So back to see the doc on Monday to see if I can get help for the leg pain at rest. Hope everyone has a good week.
Vivian
Old 09-19-2006, 11:35 PM   #37  

Hey, girlie pearlies!

We went to the bar tonight to see if we could figure out what happened -- and we didn't. Nobody's talking, the owners weren't there ... so dang it, we wasted a trip up there.

Tomorrow is the monthly birthday lunch, and the theme is "picnic". Here's what I made (and I'm posting a picture from another mod who made them because I can't find my camera cable to link my own pics) ...

They turned out exactly like that, except I tinted the icing yellow to look like mustard. I am pretty impressed with myself!

And then I made another thing ... I wanted to make pigs in a blanket, but since we don't eat meat or processed meat, I had to make a change. I got fresh jalapenos, cut them in half, cleaned out the seeds, put in some mozzarella cheese, and wrapped them in crescent rolls. They just came out of the oven, and they leaked a bit so the cheese ran out, but I think once they cool down, I can put them on a plate and they'll be good. If nothing else, they smell great!

And the last thing I made was a pie. An experiment, to be sure, but here's what I did: FF cream cheese, SF lime jello, and Yoplait Light (FF) Key Lime yogurt. All mixed up (although I used 1/2 the amount of water in the jello so that I would be assured of a "set") ... then it was all put into a graham cracker crust. Since it's untested, and extra, I won't be upset if it doesn't set up.

And that's my night! It's 10:30 and we just sat down in the family room to watch TiVo'd shows from tonight. I have to be up early tomorrow so it looks like I won't be sleeping much!

Check you later!
Old 09-20-2006, 09:05 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Oh my, Kathy...makes me tired to look at all that work! I made apple bran muffins last night and that was a ridiculously large production in my tiny kitchen. Good for you for doing all that work and getting such great results..let us know about the pie

I've been having some success after the few days of indulgence. I got back on the wagon and am getting very creative with my salads. I love Ontario at this time of year. The skies are clear, the days are a little crisp but not cold, and the produce from the markets is everywhere. There are wonderful markets here and one is just a 20 minute walk from my house. I went yesterday and have a kitchen full of fresh-from-the-farm carrots, potatoes, beans, onions, tomatoes...hmmm, good!

I've got a busy day at the orthodontist and the office today. Back tonight....hope everyone meets her goal..for me, one more day of NOT ONE empty calorie.

Rhonda
Old 09-20-2006, 10:39 AM   #39  

Well, its WW day. The at work session is at noon. I'm starving! I don't eat bf on wi day and limited water. Just my weird ritual. I may update my tracker after WI -- the one I have now is naked in the morning. I know the official WI will be higer since I do have clothes on

Knowing I was starting over with meetings today, I ate more than I should have last night -- cheezits and some cookies. The scale was back at 180 I'm not going to worry to much, it will go down. I'll pay my $156 and get back to program seriously now.

Kathy - what exactly are those little burgers? Cakes? They do look yummy!

Frouf - sorry to hear your tummy is off. Hope you are feeling better. I guess it says alot for your cruise that you need to recouperate from it!

Vickie - how are you feeling? Hopefully better as well.

Well, I'll post again later today after our meeting, if I have time.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:23 AM   #40  

I guess I should have explained it better! Jacobsmommy is a mod in another section and she made these for a BBQ. That's her picture (thanks, Sandi!) that I have "borrowed". Anyway, the buns are vanilla wafers, the meat is a grasshopper cookie. The lettuce is dyed coconut, and the mustard or mayo or ketchup or whatever you want to use is vanilla frosting, either plain for mayo or tinted for ketchup and mustard. I heated a bit of honey and brushed it on the tops, then sprinkled sesame seeds on. The honey "glued" the seeds to the top bun. It took quite a while but they're very cute. Oh and the french fries are shoestring potato sticks.

This is another crazy day at work; as soon as I walked in people started dumping more work on me. Looks like I'll be working all weekend again, but that's okay. I might as well!

BBL...
Old 09-20-2006, 12:07 PM   #41  
Southside White Sox Fan

Oh My Goodness! I am SO crazy busy and no time to sit at the computer to chat. I finally got to read through the messages. The board is SO slow. I'm guessing we are ALL busy. I can't stay. I've been on the phone with my Sisters/Niece to insure middle Sister is ok and has what she needs. I've been talking with my friend Cindy. She has been in the hospital for 4 1/2 weeks and just restarted food. Plus, our garage door died and we had to shop for a new one which will be installed tomorrow. I'm eating ok but still no exercise because of the ankle. I'm supposed to start heavy cleaning today but I think it will just be clean up to prepare for cleaning. I've got things to return to various stores via mail. I have to get to Trader Joe's to send a care package to Cindy's son who is in his first year at college. Sigh. Kathy, I do NOT have your energy.

Angela, I think it would be amazing if you could get to Chicago when Kathy comes. I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner but I just today read posts from the last couple of days. I'm sure there are places you could stay very cheaply around here. Since I'm right off of I 80 there are several nice looking chains nearby. If you're serious, I'll double check which ones they are. You know when you go by them a million times a day you don't really pay attention.

I'll have to come back some time later to catch up but honestly, right now I'm not sure when that will be.

I hope you're all having a great day.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:08 PM   #42  
Southside White Sox Fan

I forgot to tell you that my Sister ended up with a plate and 7 screws in her ankle. She has no cast right now and goes back to the Doctor in 12 days. Until then she's off her feet. She has diabetes, doesn't eat right, and smokes probably 2 packs of cigarettes a day. The Ortho said she has soft bones. What a surprise. She can't be helped though so I try not to let it stress me out.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:56 PM   #43  

Just a quick update after WW -- I love my leader. I weighed in at 180.6, per my scale this morning dressed it was 181.5. I'm up only 3 pds from the last wi I did. I offered to pay the 12 weeks, and she said no. There were enough people paying to have the session. I've updated my tracker to be my wi weight, not am weight. I thought that made sense since the goal is on the WW scale, not from mine.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:24 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

I'm making zero point soup tonight. Tomorrow is wi, which I missed last week as we were rushing to get out of town. I'm optimistic. It's been easier than I thought to stay OP this week. But, the exercise is always an issue. Thank goodness I have two big dogs whom I walk separately so I do get out. I'm also getting off the subway a few stops before my normal stop and walking more. I seem to be able to work that in.

Have a good night everyone Hope your tummy is better, Frouf.

Rhonda
Old 09-20-2006, 08:40 PM   #45  
focused and aiming

hi there. we've been in and out today but mostly out. i went to the doctor this am. i lost 5 lbs since my last visit. he's happy. my cholesterol is back to normal. he kept praising me for losing slowly--and for doing the exercise. life is good.

(i'm typing fast cuz it's almost time for "biggest loser." i hope to be online more tomorrow.

vivian, i am so sorry you're having pains. i hope your doctor is able to give you some relief.

kathy, sounds like you made some goodies. (they look good, too.)

rhonda, i stay hungry for fresh produce now. i remember when i was young i used to fuss at my mother for making so many vegetables. now i crave them. here are some for wi tomorrow.

paula, i'm glad you have a ww at work. that's going to help a lot of you.

vickie, i'm sorry about your sister. girl, i've been in a tailspin lately. what's up with us, anyway?
Closed Thread