Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 09:26 PM   #46  

Height: 5'7"

Night, Vickie. I hope you get sleep and feel better tomorrow.

I lived thru my 11 hours at work today and tomorrow is another 12 -- and then Friday, the normal off day, will be 8. That'll finish out this week with 48 hours in spite of being off Monday for the holiday. I'll also work Saturday to get ahead for next week. We have a ton of work piled up because one update just got sold off and so we're free to do the next block of work. I've been working 50-52 per week but got a little messed up with Labor Day ... hopefully I'll get back on track soon. I have a lot of work that will be tested in early January and unless I want to work thru our Christmas shutdown, I'll have to get cracking on it now.

We had the BEST dinner tonight. Judd came home early and made dinner -- that tortilla crusted tilapia just absolutely ROCKS! I was sitting there the whole time marveling at how good "home cooked" food could be. He also made brown rice and broccoli, and green tea. It was just an amazing dinner! Then he sent me off to bed because he knows I have to be at work by 6 in the morning. I'm watching a few reruns of "Raymond" before turning out the lights. Hopefully I'll be able to turn off the lights by 9 or 9:30.

I had to buy a new coffeepot this afternoon because the other one broke right before Shaun left. I thought I could do without it, but nah. I'll make my morning coffee and take it in my mug with skim milk and SF vanilla syrup. That way I'll have something to drink on the way to work in addition to my Diet A&W. So far I haven't stopped for a morning Coke since last Thursday.

Okay, off to get my clothes ready for tomorrow, make my lunch list (how hard is it to write "yogurt" and "tuna" on a scrap of paper?? ) and then get ready for bed. Happy evening to all!
Old 09-07-2006, 01:16 AM   #47  
focused and aiming

just got home from watching "phantom of the opera" with a gf. we kept the kleenex between us and had fun crying. it was a good evening.

rhonda, i'm glad doyle went with you. it's good he got to see you in your element. i know he enjoyed it and is very very proud of you. the smoke is not only coming from fires in the mountains here but also from oregon/washington and probably california and other states. according to the local paper, it's to be with us till at least friday. we have a slight chance of rain saturday that could clean the air. my gf's house is not air conditioned so we both breathed a lot of smoke tonight. while coming home i saw the full moon but it was shielded by smoke.

i got to w a 30 min early and jogged till class started, so i got 90 min exercise today. that should help take care of that delicious cake i celebrated wednesday with.

vickie, i'm sorry you're sick. i'm glad you go to the doctor tomorrow. i had a piece of chocolate cake/icing today, so i had to put the skids on afterward. guess life is still getting in our way some.

kathy, that tilapia is awesome, isn't it? if i can remember it's in the freezer tomorrow, we'll eat ours. tell judd he gets an attaboy for making such a fabulous meal.

night night, chickies. i'll see you tomorrow.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:16 AM   #48  

Good morning! Just a quick fly-by ... it's going to be a killer day and I kept waking up last night for some reason.

Oh well ... life goes on, doesn't it? No need to make a big drama out of everything!
Old 09-07-2006, 08:59 AM   #49  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm still sick and don't feel like good company. Life does go on, but I'm so happy that I'm retired and don't have to do anything that I don't want to do. I took Nyquil for the first time last night and managed to sleep. The cold is definitely going into my chest, though. Jim is the good patient in our house...not me. I'm into drama!

I'm off to eat some breakfast and get ready. I hope you all have a great day.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:01 AM   #50  

Height: 5' 10"

Morning all -- dd did wonderful in preschool yesterday. When DH picked her up the teacher said Sarah was VERY excited to be there. I'm sure she was just full of energy as usual. I swear, unless she is sleeping, she is in some sort of motion. After dinner last night we made DHs chocolate cake. I ended up doing two rounds, frosted one and froze the other. I'm not eating it and the less in the house the better. DD did the sprinkles - there is one mound and not much elsewhere. She was happy to do it.

The stew for lunch yesterday was good - the quinioa (I know I'm spelling this differently everytime!) is a different texture, but good. I think next time I make it I'll do more lentils and less of the quinioa. I posted that recipe along with a curry butternut squash soup.

My weight was up a bit this morining - not good, its going the wrong way. But, tom is next week and that may be the culprit. I WILL NOT get discouraged and cheat!

Kathy - do you work 4 12 hour days? or 5? I'm exhausted working 8 1/2 4 days a week and taking care of my house, dd and dh. You seem to be "super Kathy"!

Vickie - I hope you are feeling better. My allergies have been bad so far and I ususally don't get that bothered in the fall. Hope the dr can give you some relief.

Frouf - where are you cruising to? Can I come to? Sun, ocean, cocktails -- nice!

Have a good day today!

Paula
Old 09-07-2006, 09:17 AM   #51  

I usually work 10 a day but this week have been working 11 and 12. We're supposed to have every other Friday off but I usually work that plus most Saturdays. We have a lot of work to do and a short delivery schedule due to some overlapping contracts. We had to hold up on one while the other was being finished, and then hurry up and do the next one. That's the life of military contracts though.

As for the kids though, I only have one at home now. My DH doesn't do anything around the house except put out the trash and keep the yardwork done, but last night he cooked dinner because he knew I was tired. My major housework is sweeping up after three inside dogs who shed so much I can't believe they aren't bald!

I guess you get used to it, because I've done this most of my adult life. Imagine how tough it was with 3 small kids, a DH (err ... now EX-DH!) who worked nights and slept all day, animals, a big house to clean, a big yard and large inground diving pool (hard to keep sparkling here in hot Texas), and working two jobs. That's what I *used* to have ... so this seems so much easier now. Frouf's the same way though; she was having her youngest DS, working, finishing up her master's, and all sorts of other crazy stuff going on ... so no matter what comes along now, it's not as bad as it was in the past.

And since I've never been high-maintenance or spoiled, thank goodness, doing all the work sorta comes natural to me. I'm not super, just used to it.

I'm so glad your DD did well in preschool yesterday! I can just imagine your relief to hear a good report. And happy birthday to your DH! It's my little brother's birthday today too! He's 44 ... hardly seems possible!
Old 09-07-2006, 09:20 AM   #52  

Vickie, you poor dear! I just can't imagine how miserable you must be! I do know that Jim is taking extra special care of you though, so just try to get a lot of rest. Do you go to the doctor today?

I hope this passes quickly and you get better soon. And you're ALWAYS good company, don't think you aren't! I just know you probably don't feel like sitting at the computer.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:28 AM   #53  

Good morning ladies, sorry I haven't been on in a while, just been very busy. Ds started 1st grade yesterday and he loves it. My cousin, her fiance and two boys are coming tonight for the weekend so I have alot to do again. Wanted to pop in and say hello, I will try to catch up in a bit.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:12 PM   #54  

Height: 5' 10"

I guess we are all crazy, busy in our own ways. Maybe we can all be "super women"!!

I'm lucky too I guess, DH does help out at home. Of course I need to ask him first or be ready to crack for him to do it. But he does help -- our deal is I take care of the inside of the house and he does the outside. Good deal especially with the New England winters. Best gift I got him was his snow blower - its his toy.

Well, I'm off for a walk at lunch. Then meetings all afternoon.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:17 PM   #55  
focused and aiming

hi there, chickies. i've been surfing looking for cheap seats out of here for the weekend. they don't exist. we'd have to drive to spokane to get good airline tickets. guess we'll stay put. i am planning to do an extra 60 min today at w a. that water feels wonderful.

kathy, we had the tortilla-crusted tilapia for lunch along with wild rice and mixed veggies. i thought of you and judd. that is a good meal, isn't it?

vickie, i'm glad you slept last night. are you feeling better now?

paula, you get an atta girl for making less cake. sounds like dd is a little doll.

well, i'm going to do more surfing. (actually, this is fun. we're not going anywhere, but i love to look.)
Old 09-07-2006, 06:38 PM   #56  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! I'm actually feeling worse but I'm so glad I was going to the Internist anyway on some other issues. He gave me 10 days of antibiotics and prescription cough medicine. Evidently I have a sinus/ear infection and significant upper chest congestion. I've already taken the antibiotic and am going to take the cough medicine now.

I cooked a Core meal but I'm not sure that I even want it even though I am hungry. I rarely lose my appetite even when I'm sick.

I'll be back tomorrow. You are all in my thoughts!
Old 09-07-2006, 07:44 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Dagnabit! I was up .6 tonight at WW wi. Well, I'm just going to decide that's OK for a week in which I had to eat out from home more often than I normally do and could not go to any exercise classes.

But, I've got to try to meet those one week and two week challenges.

Think I'll have a glass of red wine !

My goodness, but everyone is very busy...such good stories about life, food, children, work....
Old 09-07-2006, 08:27 PM   #58  
focused and aiming

i'm home fro 80 min of w a. i was going to try for 120 but did 80 instead.

vickie, i'm glad you went to the doctor. i hope you're feeling better tomorrow.

rhonda, .6 is not bad considering all the out of routine eating you had to do this week. i used to gain much much more first week back to school. red wine sounds good to me.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:34 PM   #59  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Hi Everyone!

Niki - nice to see you drop by - have a fabulous time w/your cousin! and family.

Rhonda - not to fret about a measly few ounces - it will all come off next week!

Vickie - you poor darling! I am so glad you had that appt and now have meds to make you feel all better! Please rest and take care of yourself!

Kathy - glad that Judd cooked dinner for you - and it does sound delish! Good for you for avoiding that morning Coke! You are doing great!

Yes we are all super women in our own special way! Never a dull moment at our place as most of the ladies can attest to!

Paula - I am cruising the eastern caribbean (Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maarten) and luckily for us Tropical Storm Florence (did I mention I am now an amateur meteriologist? ) seems to be turning north back to the atlantic rather than west into the eastern caribbean. Seems that we might have some rainy weather tho - but who really cares?

I am too tired to be excited for my trip - late night and not great sleep yet again - this is beginning to wear me down - and today I had a bit of a tickle in my throat - which is the first sign of a rundown Froufie - took some anti bacterial lozenges which seemed to help and about to go to bed and hopefully SLEEP the whole night thru.

And there was a bit of a packing 'meltdown' here tonight - but it has been resolved and I am feeling calmer now. Initial plan was to bring medium piece and smallest piece (of 3 piece set - I know if I pack biggest piece it will DEFINITELY be over the 50 lb limit). So medium piece has been packed for a few days (ya I know my clothes will look like **** - I'll be the wrinkled one ) and most clothes seem to fit (just a few more needed to go in).

Then started filling the smallest with the heavier stuff, eg. sandals, shoes, snorkel, mask, beach bag, lotions, potions, toiletries etc - and lo and behold before I was done it WOULD NOT CLOSE (and if it did let's just say it would get pretty messy in there).

So I lay on my bed - had a bit of a meltdown and time out - also realizing that even if everything did fit - there was not a space/spot to actually bring anything back!

Down to the basement I went to haul out the medium bag from another set - and repacked into that one (even offloaded some clothes from original bag). Now it looks great! Still have to pack last minute stuff: hairbrushes, makeup, etc - but all should fit w/enuf room for some souvenirs. Also packed the compression bags for way home (ever notice how everything seems to expand away from home?) so that should also help.

Still need to organize travel purse and carryon - and gather papers/maps together, and I"m ready to go - an awful lot of work don't you think?? Boy I could sure use a vacation right about now???

Working to get everything organized and accounted for at work tomorow - then I need to seriously get into vacation mode! Wish me luck!

Froufie
Old 09-07-2006, 11:11 PM   #60  
Melissa

Hi friends!
Closed Thread