Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 02:46 PM   #136  
focused and aiming

thanks, melissa. i am going to make it. i went to w a this am. i was a little worried since they are closed monday, so i added sat. i have to tell you--i feel great!

i'm lost. i don't have a clue what kathy can see that the rest of us can't.

sounds like everyone has a busy weekend ahead.

vickie, you're doing very very well. i like your idea of adding your exercise making it a little slower. i think the main thing is to move our bodies, don't you?

we're going to friends' tonight for tacos. afterwards we're going to do quite a bit of walking outdoors. they live on a mountainside and have some 3d tagets set up. we're taking bows and will be flinging arrows. should be fun.

have a great weekend, everyone.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:13 PM   #137  

Height: 5'7"

Good catch, Sandra! Yes, south of I-30 on University. There's a very good shopping center there with Pottery Barn, Williams-Sonoma, Gap, Limited, B&BW ... and Blue Mesa. There's another in Dallas and now one in Grapevine, but the one in Fort Worth is where our rehearsal dinner was. They did an awesome job.

We went to Costco and bought things for the party tomorrow. We looked at a steam cleaner but decided to come home and check Consumer Reports; and have now decided just to spot clean for now. There are conflicting reviews but we can't wait to sort them out. We need to get it done tonight or in the morning. I have done all the sweeping and now just have to dust, vacuum, clean the downstairs bathroom and figure out the food. We bought chips, hamburger meat and buns, 2 cases of beer, already have a case of water and diet A&W, and then we also bought some tortilla-crusted tilapia, an herb topped cod, and some cheese ravioli. That's not for tomorrow, just for us. Then soap, vitamins, a few pair of reading glasses ... and it added up to a little over $200. Holy cow!

I'm making hamburgers and hot dogs, guacamole, and potato salad. The other people will bring a dessert and beans, and whatever they want their kids to have (if the kids don't like what we're having). If we don't have it, we'll either do without or go get it at the last minute.

Oh and I think my brother, SIL and the baby might be coming over tonight. They called a little while ago saying they were going out to Walmart (from Alvarado, they have to come to Mansfield to go to the store) and so while they're here, they will probably drop by. Judd hasn't seen the baby, and never got to see the older one either but I guess now he won't.

Gotta go.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:47 PM   #138  
focused and aiming

kathy, sounds like a lot of fun at your house. enjoy every minute of your company. i love those tortilla crusted tilapias. i have some in the freezer now.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:40 PM   #139  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

So what time's the party Kathy?

Vickie - I would so love to see Wicked - I think it's playing in Toronto now - but don't want to spend the $$$ to go see it there!

Angela - hope the very-grown-up 3 yr old has gotten beyond the regression and back on track! Good luck - I too know how frustrating this can be!

Sandra - good for you for going to w a today - very dedicated.

I was hoping to get to the gym myself - but ended up back in bed for a long snooze - which resulted in a very mixed up late day - had breafast/brunch (?) out around noon at the bagel place (before starting all our errands) and eating has gone down hill since then (yes guacomole and chips for dinner is not a good thing!).

After a major hunt and trying on a gazillion black bras I found one that is 'suitable' - note the word 'suitable - i don't love it - but at least it fits, no wires digging into my sides, no major droopiness, it's a bit too lacy for my liking as I prefer a smoother look under my tees - sure hope it's not too ugly! Also got another cotton/ stretchy white bra - because it seems that some women have mentioned the UNDERWIRES in their bras set off the metal detectors at the airport - so step aside and let us feel you up a bit! No kidding! Now while this has never happened to me (and I always wear underwire bras) I sure didn't want to hold up traffic in the security line - so decided to buy a non-underwire bra.

I am wearing it now - testing it out and frankly it is quite comfortable - altho of course not anywhere near as supportive as my usual bras - and I'm thinking this is not such a bad idea for sitting on a plane for several hours! Might just have to dub it my 'official travelling bra" - and I think I shall be wearing it on the cruise as well!

Also got the current Lancome gift bonus at Sears (got more exfoliant) and a lovely fold up standing makeup bag - very practical (I might even take it along) - with small mascara, lipstick, moisturizer w/spf 30!, eye makeup remover, eyeshadow duo and a set of 3 makeup brushes! (all for $33).

And got a new watch! - yes a pink Baby-G waterproof watch that I can wear touring/swimming and snorkelling - don't have to worry about taking it off and leaving it in my beach bag! Now if I can only figure out how to work all those buttons/alarms etc (it even gives weather updates!)....very cute!

My exciting saturday night activities involve major laundry (stripped the bed, duvet cover, etc) while dh continues building dd's dresser (she's gone for the weekend).

Most exciting is next week at this time I hope to be enjoying the Miami nightlife and having dinner at Bubba Gump's, enjoying some hot breezes, latin music and getting ready to set sail. Still going over packing lists in my head - which means I shall now go and figure it out on paper!

Froufie
Old 09-02-2006, 09:45 PM   #140  
Melissa

Frouf I'm excited about your trip! I can just imagine you, relaxing in the sun! I'm excited for you, I just know that you're going to have a great time.

Kathy, hope you're having fun with your family.

Sandra, how was dinner with your friends?

I hope that you all have a wonderful Sunday!!
Old 09-02-2006, 09:48 PM   #141  

Frouf, I can't believe it's so close! Seems just like yesterday that you were planning the trip. I hope it is a very fast work week for you!

And thanks for the heads up about the Lancome! My MIL buys it all year and saves the bonuses for Christmas to give to me and my SILs in our stockings! Now I know what to look forward to!

Judd decided to get the carpet cleaner anyway, so he and Zuki went to Lowe's and bought one (there goes another $300 -- this has been an expensive Saturday!) and then cleaned the family room carpet. After that, the only things left to do is dust, clean the table and chairs outside, and play with the food.

But now I'm tired and am going off into the bedroom if Judd doesn't turn the TV off of football and onto something I want to watch. I doubt he'll want to watch episodes of Flip That House and Trading Spaces!
Old 09-02-2006, 10:58 PM   #142  
focused and aiming

frouf, i like the idea of a comfortable/non metal detector setting off traveling bra. oh man! i want to go to bubba gump's. i haven't eaten at one of them in over 3 years now. i'm wayyyyyy overdue.
are you taking a puter with you? you know i'll be living through your posts about the cruise.

melissa, thank you for asking. dinner was great. i had one taco and half an enchilada, a tablespoon guacamole and lots of lettuce with salsa on it. i think i stayed well within my range today. life is good. we had a blast flinging arrows afterwards. we felt like kids. you have a wonderful sunday, too.

kathy, i could sit and watch tv with either you or judd. i like football and home makeovers. is your carpet going to be dry by tomorrow? or was this a sort of dry cleaner? it sounds like something i really really need.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:11 PM   #143  

The carpet is dry. By the time you make 3-4 passes, all of the water is pretty much out. I think this one is a Hoover and our other was a Bissell. Consumer Reports preferred the Hoover and then we found it at Lowes. Let me see if I can find it.

Okay, this is it. http://www.comforthouse.com/steamcleaner.html

I think Judd is going to like this one more than he liked the Bissell.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:21 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Well, we're home from the wedding reception and I did all right, considering. I had 2 (yes, TWO) glasses of red wine, the chicken and crisp veggies, and only 1/2 of a small piece of wedding cake. I could have done better but considering I was hungry and it was a celebration, I didn't do too badly.

Ernesto has hit us with lots of rain, high winds and fallen trees on the street. Nothing appears to have been damaged although there are power lines down and police blocking the street.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:22 PM   #145  
focused and aiming

thanks, kathy. i'll go take a peek.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:25 PM   #146  
focused and aiming

rhonda, way to go, girl! you definitely get an A+. did doyle get the other half piece of cake? you know i'd zero in on 1/2 being left.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:37 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Good one, Sandra...no, he didn't eat the other half. He ate one piece and left the remainder alone. Not only that, he lost a pound and a half the day AFTER we went to the gourmet Mexican restaurant...men !
Old 09-03-2006, 10:32 AM   #148  
Melissa

Sandra your dinner sounds so good. I love mexican food. And guacamole is a newfound love for me. Chipotle has the best. Sounds like you did really well, it would be easy for me to overeat in that situation.

Kathy, I think I'm going to rent a steam cleaner this week to do my carpets. I don't know if it will do much, but it will at least help until we can get new flooring.

Rhonda, sounds like you did really well at the wedding. Hope it was fun!

We have a family reunion today, so I'm trying to think about what I will and won't eat. Last night we went out with my parents and step-sister to Texas Roadhouse...I was so proud of myself because I had steak, salad and green beans. Their fries are my FAV so it's a big deal for me to pass them up. Of course I snuck one or two of DH's plate, but it's still a victory for me.
Better get ready for the reunion. I'll talk to you all later!
Old 09-03-2006, 11:26 AM   #149  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I just got up at 9:30 and I could sleep some more. Fatigue is another one of those lovely perimenopause/menopause symptoms. I'm going to the Doctor next week and will have a list of things to talk to him about.

I'm here to tell you that my second viewing of Wicked was even better than the first! Even Jim agreed. I'd go again in a heartbeat if money were no object. Frouf, you would NOT be disappointed.

I just got a phone call. I'll be right back.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:58 PM   #150  
focused and aiming

rhonda, tell doyle he gets an "atta-boy"! you're right. men can lose so much faster than we, can't they? i can smell mexican food and gain weight.

melissa, sounds like you have a big day ahead. enjoy yourself. you're smart not to think about food. you should think about having fun and enjoying your relatives. congratulations for doing so well at tx roadhouse. that's a victory for sure.

good morning, vickie. i'd love to see wicked. i hope it comes to spokane or missoula so i can get a chance. i hope you get some energy. are you taking vitamins? i take a multi daily.
Closed Thread