Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 08:43 AM   #31  

Good Morning,

Welcome Faylene, I'm new to this group and they have welcomed me with open arms as I'm sure they'll do for you. I've gotten lots of support and hints.

Stay strong Kathy, Shaun will be fine.

You know I'm doing Core at home. Yesterday I had pizza and was up this morning. I'm alittle depressed but know that now I'm back at work and much more structured. I brought lunch and the rest of my frittata from Sat. for breakfast. I'll make sure to drink lots today to flush out the salt. I'm due for my cycle but I haven't been regular for about a year so I'm not sure if I'm going to get it. (thanks mom for the early menopause) I sure wish she was still with us.

The morning wasn't a total washout though. I woke up to find out the Yankees beat the Red Sox in the 10th for the fourth game in a row. They play again today at 1. My radio is all set up.

I'll catch you all later.
Stacey
Old 08-21-2006, 09:01 AM   #32  

Good Morning ladies, not much planned for today, will do some housework & laundry. I am going to prepare some Core foods today, have to get right back on program, I feel so much better mentally and physically when I am. Got TOM yesterday so I am feeling a little blah!
I forgot to take my camera to the wedding, but my sil's had theirs and took quite a few Pictures, when they email them to me I will check them out, if I like one of dh & me I will post it

Kathy I hope you don't get too sad when Shaun leaves, isn't it bittersweet, they drive you crazy, then when it is time for them to go you just want to hold on to them.

Vickie good luck at weight watchers, I have got to get my tooshie back their, I missed 3 weeks, I guess I will just rejoin also.

Stacey my dh is estatic with the Yankees they are doing great!! I am right there with you today, back on program

Froufy I hope you are feeling better, did you find a BLACK BRA?
Old 08-21-2006, 09:10 AM   #33  
Southside White Sox Fan

I had a few minutes after all!

Niki, I'm glad you had a great time. We all splurge now and then. It might even boost your metabolism. It really seems like it was a spectacular wedding. People still talk about how much fun that had at my wedding.

Sandra, I'm hoping some of your positive determination will rub off on me!

Frouf, I hope your back is better this morning. That and the eating actually sound like impending TOM to me. I hope that's all it is and that you didn't injure yourself some how. We need to keep you healthy for your cruise. I'd love to find stretchy microfiber panties in my size. Does Lane Bryant ship to Canada? Because their Cacique bras fit great. I know we've talked about this before so it must be that they don't ship there.

Rose, I'm sorry about your GS's accident but I'm glad to hear that he's ok. Happy Belated Anniversary! How many years for you? Jim and I will be married 15 years this year. Wow!

Stacey, thanks for the recipe.

Melissa, how was your party? Did the chocolate tart come out good?

Welcome, Faylene! You are going to LOVE it here. I did SB for a couple of months but couldn't stick to it. I've been on Core for 2 years and I believe I can live this way for the rest of my life.

Gotta go shower!

Saundra, are you home? Did you have a great time?

Angela, how are you feeling?

Kathy, good luck to Shaun! Be strong for him.

Last edited by Vickie; 08-21-2006 at 09:17 AM.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:14 AM   #34  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf, I just checked. Lane Bryant now ships to Canada! They make a big deal of this fact on the website. www.lanebryant.com.

It's new and all Cacique bras are buy one get one 1/2 off! I only wear their brand of bra. Don't go to lane bryant catalog website because they are totally different than the website I gave you above. The website I gave you above is like what is in the stores.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:18 AM   #35  

I missed a few posts,

Welcome faylene!! This is a great group!
Rose sorry to hear about the accident, glad he is fine! Happy Anniversary!
Old 08-21-2006, 10:49 AM   #36  

Height: 5'7"

Geez, I was doing fine until I went into the kitchen just now and read a note that Judd left for Shaun. Now I'm crying again. This is NOT going to be a fun day, I can already tell!
Old 08-21-2006, 10:51 AM   #37  

I am sending Hugs to you Kathy
Old 08-21-2006, 11:29 AM   #38  

Bummer , I was so in the mood for Diet coke Chicken, I took out the thighs to defrost, was ready to make it, and guess what NO DIET COKE anywhere in my house. I do have regular caffiene free coke, am I reading correctly that it is only 3 points for 12 ounces, if so I am willing to use 3pts out of my 35 wpa for it. DD also loves the cola chicken!
Old 08-21-2006, 11:37 AM   #39  

Height: 5'7"

Well, unless you're going to eat the whole recipe and all 12 oz., I'll bet you'll be using less than a point's worth, so I'd say go for it.

And thanks very much for the hugs. I am trying to hang on because I don't want to make it harder for him.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:42 PM   #40  
Melissa

Quickly sending to Kathy!
Old 08-21-2006, 01:23 PM   #41  

Vickie, thanks for asking. I'm slowly feeling better, but still not 100% at all. My eating was horrible, but since I felt so cruddy, I'm not surprised.

I'm on for the 2 week challenge though...but like others, I will have to weigh tomorrow.

Kathy, hugs to you. I am already steeling myself for tomorrow's kindergarten drop off. My sweet little girl, at school for the first time. :/ It's happy, and sad at the same time.

I'm off to fill in my menu for the menu thread...

Angela
Old 08-21-2006, 01:52 PM   #42  

Default Getting ready to leave but will write a few lines

First of all I want to say I know how you feel Kathy. Our son left and travelled ALL by himself all over the world. When I hear of his experiences now I would have been sick, if I had of known. I made him phone collect every month, which he did. If he had not phoned I would have gone crazy wondering what happened to him. He was gone for 2 Years, we flew to Australia to visit him when he was there, also to Greece to visit him there.
Sure glad our daughter did not want to do that.

Except for Vicki and Sandra can you guess how many years we have been married.?? See who comes close.

Not sure when we are leaving, thought we would have left today but hubby is busy doing jobs around the house.

Rose
Old 08-21-2006, 01:54 PM   #43  

Rose I am going to guess you are married 45 years
Old 08-21-2006, 02:14 PM   #44  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! I'm home for a couple of minutes. I did it....I went to my meeting. My friends were still there and they squealed with delight! It was fun to see them. They missed me and were worried about me. My favorite person and I exchanged last names and phone numbers so we wouldn't be out of touch again. My Leader was delighted that I was there and is really being supportive to make sure that I come back next week. It was hard but now I have a fresh new start. I didn't have to rejoin so I won't lose credit for all the weight that I already lost.

Today's meeting was about being kind to ourselves. I'm WAY kinder to others. I'm going to include me in my kindness from now on.

I'm just waiting for my Niece to call. We're going to meet and go to Target together and a new Yankee Candle store. I have a BOGO free coupon, so I'll splurge on a candle.

How's everyone? I think I'll go see.

Last edited by Vickie; 08-21-2006 at 02:40 PM.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:44 PM   #45  

Afternoon chicks,
Its a beautiful day here today..almost fallish, my favourte time of the year. I bought some plain gelatin free yogurt today..so Im trying yocheese! Crossing my fingers...
Rose, Im glad your GS is ok,,Happy belated Anniversary!
Vickie,,kudos to you!! I bet they were happy to see you back..your a great friend!
Angela, give that little girl an extra hug tomorrow..they grow up wayyyyy to fast
Nikki Diet cola chicken is soooo good..have you tried it on porkchops? yummy I also add crushed garlic to my recipe.
Kathy,,,you will be fine. In fact in a couple of months you may even start to enjoy the house (almost) to yourselves. Dh and I think of it as starting over again. Almost honeymoonish..haha. Hard to think of that now but give it time. This is what we teach our children to do ,, be independent. (huggss)
Welcome Faylene!
Not sure whats for supper tonight ..hmmm cola chicken?? haha
Closed Thread