Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 08:53 AM   #121  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Saundra! We were tapping on our keyboards at the same time. I did get into the pool yesterday for about an hour before I had to get ready to go to the Niece's house. It was nice. I got a bit of exercise and cleaned up in there and put in the weekly chemicals. How happy you sound to have all of your family nestled around you. I could never move away from my family. I'm actually kind of glad the border crossing was tougher. I'm really freaked out again by this latest wave of planned terrorism. I'm trying to put it out of my mind. Finding the bug was especially bad because I don't wash all of the blueberries and once. I only wash what I'm using. So I'd eaten 2/3 of the container before I found the bug. Ugh....I could be sick just thinking about it! You and Bernie have some nice things planned. It's fun to have things to look forward to!
Old 08-14-2006, 08:54 AM   #122  
Southside White Sox Fan

Jim IS nervous about tomorrow. He doesn't even want to talk about it.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:37 AM   #123  

Height: 5'7"

Yeah, see that house is in a very old part of town and most of the values haven't kept up with the rest. In other parts of Fort Worth, over by TCU which is also older but really nice, it would be a half million or more! MIL sold this house to these same people 9 years ago and is selling it for them again; and a house across the street she sold 27 years ago and just last week sold it again for THOSE people! She has a lot of repeat business because she's just so darn good and dependable. We saw this one empty and it was hard for Judd to picture our furniture, but I had no problem at all. Upstairs there is a really big game room that overlooks the backyard, and two bedrooms. One of them has a HUGE cedar-lined closet off of the regular HUGE closet. It would all be for storage and guests since there's no bathroom up there.

Okay, I need to do a teeny bit of work then will be back to catch up with everyone.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:40 AM   #124  

Oh and it's just a few hundred square feet smaller than we have now, but with the configuration it seems much, much smaller. It is a regular two story with a normal staircase that goes the whole height of the first floor. (Does that make sense? In other words, it's not a step or split-level.) We have four bedrooms; this one has four plus a study that could be another bedroom. We have 2-1/2 baths and that one has two. We have four living areas and that one has two down plus the gameroom. Our kitchen is very big with an island (where would I hang my potrack in this house?) and this one seems small. There's a door off of the master bedroom onto the enclosed patio, as well as one from the family room. The trees are GREAT and the grass is perfect St. Augustine. I just really, really like it.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:45 AM   #125  

Oh, notice I had to change my ticker. I'm going to keep it honest and on Monday morning, whatever the scale says -- that's what I'm going with.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:59 AM   #126  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kath, I thought the kitchen looked small in the picture. I couldn't live without my big open kitchen. It's a deal breaker. You do sound excited about it though. Maybe she can find something better suited with no work to be done. Then you can both be happy!
Old 08-14-2006, 12:25 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Yesterday, I bought some Nweman's mild salsa and today I took a hint from BCB and added some salsa and lime juice to avacadoes for instant guacamole.
It's really good. The medium or hot might have been more zippy!
Old 08-14-2006, 12:37 PM   #128  

Hi all: Well back again for a few days and then pack up and leave for the cottage again. You know the only thing about being away so long you lose track of your friends. I notice I do not get the calls any more to go out for coffee etc. We had some wonderful friends living not far from us at the cottage but they had to sell as they were getting too old to look after the cottage. I really felt bad when I heard as we used to play cards and go out trying new restaurants etc. Time does not stand still does it?

There was 14 of us at the cottage this past week. We all had a wonderful time. Sure glad we have two bathrooms now though.
I have just read over the last few days and what a nice group of people you are. I just love reading about your comings and goings.

First of all I want to say, Sandra you have done so well. I wish my Dr. would help. You looked so pretty in your picture.

Saundra, you are a pretty woman also, and have been so successful. Wow, what a nice picture of you and the Bernie. (at least I think it was Bernie) I feel like such a dud, can not seem to follow Core but have decided to try both Core and points, if you know what I mean. It has been especially hard this summer, you should see the food that comes along with the people.

Kathy, as the girls say it must be much cheaper to live in Texas. Our house is only 1400 square ft. and it would probably get us close to $290,000. Our cottage is 1400 square ft. (it is really a summer home) and they are going for $300,000 for the same on our lake.
Kathy what does your mil think, real estate usually have a good idea whether it is a good buy. My Dad was in Insurance and Real Estate for years until he retired.

I was thinking if anyone wants a picture of myself or the cottage etc. I could send it to you. I do not want to put it here. I explained why before. I have sent pictures to Sandra and Saundra. Right Sandra and Saundra? I am much older then most of you gals.

Vicki, what nice person you are, it comes through your posts.

To the rest of you nice girls hello, I am sorry I have not got you all sorted out as yet, but when I come on in the Fall after we stop going away I will get to know you all.

Blue skies,
Rose
Old 08-14-2006, 01:10 PM   #129  

Well, like I said -- it totally depends on the area. That same house could be $160K in one area and $500-600K in another. It's so subjective that it's hard to make a blanket statement like "it's cheaper to live in Texas." Tell that to the folks in Southlake or Colleyville who pay upwards of a million for a normal 3,000 to 3,500 sq. ft. house. MIL would go along with whatever her baby boy says, so no matter what she really thinks, I'm outvoted if he doesn't want it.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:28 PM   #130  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Hi Rose - sounds like a rocking good time at the cottage with 14 people! And as for calling friends - hoping you can do some of the calling maybe and start inviting people out for coffee or whatever? I'm sure once they realize you still want to stay in touch they will reciprocate?

Vickie - I commend your guilt free eating - I don't think I could have resisted that pie! Good luck to Jim tomorrow - I know he will do well!

I too would have gone gaga if I saw that big bug! How gross - I know it would also take me awhile before I ate blueberries again!

Kathy - love the 'little' house - not that small tho? But guess if Judd is not interested? So what have you cooked in the new skillets ?

Niki - glad some of you are on the mend? Guess dh caught whatever is going around - you definitely want to get BETTER before that wedding - cuz you don't want to miss that! I am sure it will be an amazing wedding and you will have a fabulous time! Enjoy!

Melissa - I think it's fabulous that you and dh have goals to put your dreams into place! Good for you - I hope you are successful in whatever you wish to achieve!

Well I am back at work and hating every minute of it! Can't wait to get out of here - just finished getting thru the tons of emails and messages - and found out when I came in that: a) no my new employee is NOT here (seems her management only wanted to let her go for 4 months) and b) I had a telephone interview with another candidate (from Manitoba no less) at 11 and also about 4 phone reference checks to do this afternoon - yippee!

I am trying very hard to get back on track tho - yesterday's eating at the christening party was NOT PRETTY! They were no diet sodas so I decided to have some 'regular' ones and so am now loaded down with sugar! Ugh! Also had some cake and let's not even discuss the chocolate fountain that was set up - funniest was that dh was not there cuz he was playing a gig - and everyone in his family knows of his chocoholic tendencies so they were all feeling bad that he was not there to enjoy it. Big joke was we never would have seen him anyways as he would have planted himself right next to it for the whole day!

Little ds did end up swimming in the pool - 2 other little boys there (his cousin age 11, and cousin's step-cousin? age 10) so lots of splashing (and testosterone male competitiveness) going on! It was a beautiful day - altho not super hot - I had my bathing suit with me - but since no other 'adults' were swimming I didn't dare go in.

The christening was only 15 minutes long - 3 babies - lots of crying and picture taking!

Did not get home til 7 pm as we stayed pretty late at the party - was exhausted of course - esp after being up at 4:30 am to drive brother/sil to airport (and it was super busy there at 5 am!). Threw some laundry in - stripped the beds and all towels - but still went to bed to late and I am feeling it now.

Dh supposed to make a froufie roast this afternoon - as he is going out to a dinner farewell party for a friend later on - and I am planning to go to the gym on the way home. I did not DARE get on the scale this morning as I was already depressed at having to go back to work!

27 days til my 'real' vacation!

Frouf
Old 08-14-2006, 01:32 PM   #131  

Kathy you are right it does depend on the area. If you can not convince hubby maybe something will come up that will even be better. Most of our friends have gone to smaller homes now they are retired. We never did as we just kept the one we had from 1961. We almost moved up but then we decided to build the cottage and we wanted to pay cash for the cottage. I am glad we did now.

Hi Froufy, sounds like you are looking forward to your "Real Vacation" it should be fun. You are right I should phone my friends but I must say I kind of feel left out. My own fault though.
Blue Skies,
Rose

Last edited by RoseB; 08-14-2006 at 01:37 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:21 PM   #132  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! Who says there aren't guardian angels?! Jim was at PT and I was out running errands. I'd gone to Walmart and bought almost a hundred dollars worth of stuff, including heavy stuff that I shouldn't have been lifting. I went to Subway and inhaled a turkey on wheat with tomatoes since I was starving. I'm feeling kind of bad about that but it's over. I pick Jim up at the PT and we go to the bank and then the library. I could have just dropped the DVD off in the bin but I decided to walk into the counter and see if the next one is in for me yet. I'm asking my question and someone grabs my arm.......guess who.....yep....my WW Leader! We have a 20 minute conversation (yes while Jim waits in the car) about everything since I saw her on May 17th. I tell her I'm coming back next Monday and she welcomes me with open arms and tells me that she could use my participation. She gave me a big hug and said she hopes that I really come back.

I told her that I've been afraid to come back....afraid of failing. She said too bad I didn't come back today because the meeting was about facing our fears. We both laughed!

There are no accidents!
Old 08-14-2006, 03:45 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Vickie, what a great story. I am a big believer in FATE!
Old 08-14-2006, 03:50 PM   #134  
focused and aiming

melissa, some people just have a hard time thinking outside the box. i shocked everyone when i retired and moved to montana. now i know of several who have decided to look for adventure. one friend even met a man in a personals ad and got married. she said i inspired her to try it. gave her some courage i guess.

vickie, have fun on your date tonight. my weight was back to where it was before last week so i'm happy. i'm looking for a loss (any loss) this friday. i'm glad you're going back monday. you'll be glad, too.

congratulations on planning and making healthy choices. i'm happy for you.

hi there, rose. it's good to see you back here. yes, you have sent me photos of the cottage. i have to tall all of you, it's gorgeous!! thank you for your compliment. i appreciate it. i'm working pretty hard on this. i am very very lucky to have my doctor's help. i took him some 1 pt brownies the other day. he's a ww'er.

frouf, i would have been standing beside dh at the choc fountain. i've spent many a party standing at the table grazing. i'm glad you're going to the gym today. that will help you feel better. 27 more days? wow!

vickie, i'm so glad you got to visit with your ww leader. i'm sure that made both your days. i knew she was missing you and wanted you back.

we have an archery club meeting tonight. did i tell ya'll we always meet at a restaurant? most folks get pie. i usually swig on a diet coke. i don't always attend but there's to be some important decisions voted on tonight. i may still be wet from w a when i get there. oh,well. life goes on.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:32 PM   #135  

Hi,
My name is Stacey. I'm not new to WW, Core or surfing these boards. I never posted before. I was a lifetime member at goal for almost a year when I moved away from my meeting that I went to religiously for 4 years. I love where I live but haven't been able to find a meeting or leader that matches what I had before. I know that's a lame excuse but in the year that I've been here I've put back all my weight. I'm back on Core but I'm doing myself. I've signed a contract with my friends (Pencil thin ones) so they watch over me. I've lost 3 1/2 pounds in 2 weeks and feel great. I hope to get more support from all of you. I know by reading other posts I'm not alone. Anyway, just wanted to say hi!
Closed Thread