Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 05:44 PM   #61  

Height: 5'7"

Hehehe!! We could start a new story with her as the main character!
Old 08-11-2006, 06:22 PM   #62  
focused and aiming

hi, chickies. we've had a fabulous day. i went to ww this am. i was up 1 lb. that's not bad. what i'm mainly proud of is that i got back op right after our trip. this is an nsv for me. we took the grands to a local state park and let them kayak and swim. they had a blast. we also had a picnic.

melissa, i'm enjoying reading about your fun vacation. you're right, though. we could all get off our duffs and do more fun things.

kathy, we have burn bans here, too.

vickie, i am so proud of you for working on portion size. that's something i'm having to do, too.

thank you, saundra. i have to admit i'm already wanting to buy some new clothes. i guess i need to hunt in the closets to see what i have that's "almost" new. that roast sounds awesome!!

angela, that is smart of you to let dh have the password. i think all of us here have compulsive behaviors. that's why we gained weight. i have always been grateful that i don't smoke. i've never had a problem with drinking either. i probably have less than 10 drinks a year. (prob much much less) enjoy your free time.

nikki, i hope you and your family get well quickly. you have to be exhausted.

oops!! just realized i typed a reply instead of a story continuation for the circus lady. i'll go delete.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:43 PM   #63  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Well the circus wouldn't have me so I'm back here I guess? - it seems you can't teach an old frouf new tricks - ha ha ha ha

Trying to catch up with all of you!

Vickie - glad you can see again (how many fingers am I holding up?) and that Jim is on the mend! As for phone a friend specialty -what are my choices? I am good at music, broadway shows, some pop culture - and seem to carry a boatload of miscellaneous trivia in my head! ha ha ha

Sandra - you look AMAZING - gorgeous - and way younger - keep up the good work!

Saundra - your bathing suit pic makes you look so trim and slim - I bet you don't freak out when bathing suit season rolls around!

Angela - glad you are enjoying you 'free' time - and that you are aware of your addictive personality!!! I'm sure you also can't wait til school starts.

Niki - poor you! Hope you and ds are both feeling better soon - did you get a chance to go to the dr? And if you are only a train ride away from Millionaire - I set get thyself on a train and go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy - Hope you are enjoying your smilley underwear? And getting more rest depite Judd's nightly adventures. How is the exercising going?

yes I am busy busy with my company - having lots of fun catching up! They got in wednesday afternoon (as I was freaking out cuz cleaning lady was so late!). We even fired up the NEW BBQ! I ended up doing the grilling - my first time ever - and I am proud to report it was pretty good - burgers and chicken breasts. SIL made a summer salad (chopped up peppers/onions/cucumbers mixed w/lf sour cream)....also had baked potatoes, coleslaw and pickles.

Thursday was a bit rainy/gloomy (sorry kathy!) - went to the mall. We split up (boys and girls ) - took sil to a few stores - did I ever mention how gorgeous she is - young and slim. Like a size 3 or 4? So it was a bit depressing to say the least - I dared not venture to my plus size sections. She is about 5'7 - maybe 110 lbs? Very fit - just completed an 'ironman' competition a week ago - and in training for a triathlon in a couple of weeks (swimming/biking/running). Every morning she and my brother are up and out around 8:30 am for a 4-5 mile run (I think they do like 7 minute miles?)

My eating is off track - nothing too terrible - but definitely not core! I am trying not to go to crazy - cuz I will surely pay the price next week!

Today tho I am feeling poorly - I have had a pain in my upper right front thigh for a few weeks now - nothing more than a twitch - but in the past few days it seems more like muscle spasm? This morning I woke up with shooting pain in this area (like a 4 inch long by 2 inch wide spot) - as if I was getting electric jolts in that area (think cattle prod) and it was literally making me jump and jerk around. With no warning - just piercing pains in this area.

It feels like a deep muscle problem - I can't even reach to massage the pain away? Not sure what it causing this but it sure is freakish. Took a muscle relaxant this morning and dh decided to drive dd to camp so I wouldn't have to be distracted by the pain while driving. Felt better for a few hours after the pill - but now it's back? I am a bit worried esp cuz I am cruising in a month's time and can't have any mobility problems!

If this keeps up I will call dr on Monday and get an appt - I think I need some PT or deep muscle massage or that TENS machine? Asked sil what she thought (given she's into exercising) - says she has had similar problem - only time and stretching will help - seems I may have injured muscles around the area - and this muscle had to compensate and it now weakened? At least she did not make it sound very serious - but it sure it annoying to all of a sudden feel like someone has placed an electric cattle prod on your leg!

Today sil is in a little town about an hour away to visit with her family there (her mom is Canadian!!) - she is staying overnight and we will join her there tomorrow. We did a bit more shopping today - dh got new runners under my brother's tutoring as he is a major runner as well.

We are now preparing to go downtown/to the market area (very trendy) - will probably have dinner there and so some more souvenir shopping. At least I did have a nap this afternoon (still feeling groggy!) - but again having those sharp pains in my leg! OUCH!

Will go change as it has cooled off quite a bit - I am thinking long pants and covered shoes as my feet will probably freeze in sandals!

Company leaving very early Sunday morning - and given the recent airline scares sounds like we might have to get them to the airport around 4 am for a 7 am flight! Also have dh's niece's new baby's christening to go to on Sunday (I have never been to a christening!) - not sure what to wear or gift to bring? Reception after at sil's house (the one with the pool) - so I am considering packing pu the suits and towels - just in case!

Later,

Frouf
Old 08-11-2006, 06:59 PM   #64  
focused and aiming

frouf, it makes me sad that you're in pain. please go to the doctor and see what's happening. i don't want you to be hurting on your cruise. well, any other time either. i'm glad you're enjoying your company. also, i'm glad you didn't join the circus.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:05 PM   #65  

Finally she surfaces!!!

It sounds to me like you have a pinched or inflammed nerve. Anytime there is burning and twinging in an extremity, even at the upper part, I think of nerves. I hope you get relief soon!

It sounds like you're having such a time with the relatives -- good going! I liked the description of your cook-out and have made a note of the cucumber salad. It sounds pretty darn good right now!

My bread is on its first rising and Judd just walked in. He wants to go for Mexican food. Sigh ... what's a girl to do? Options are cooking (don't wanna), ordering in (don't wanna) or going out and eating cheese enchiladas, rice and beans (don't wanna). I'll let you know which one of us wins out.

Shaun has a DEP meeting (his last!!!) at the Navy recruiting office in the morning at 8:30 so I'll drop him off and then go on to work. A few of his friends have called this afternoon but he didn't talk long. Hopefully he told them he can't go out tonight because he has an early meeting. That would be an excellent response, and also very mature. We'll see. I know the friends want to have one last hurrah with him, but I'm a little leery of him going on. I'm holding my breath until he gets on the plane a week from Tuesday. He actually leaves home on the 21st, next Monday, to spend the night in a hotel because they have a very early flight.

Okay, I'm off to see what's going to happen tonight. Be back later! Meanwhile Frouf, don't go joining the circus.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:03 PM   #66  
Melissa

Okay, drumroll please....here are the shelves! We just finished touching up the paint tonight. I don't know how well you'll be able to see the colors and whatnot, but here they are!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shelves.JPG (33.0 KB, 16 views)
Old 08-11-2006, 09:27 PM   #67  

That looks REALLY good!! I can tell and I love the colors! Congratulations to you and Aaron for pulling off a major home improvement!!
Old 08-11-2006, 09:39 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Totally Classy, and I love the colours. A job well done, and worth the wait!
Old 08-11-2006, 10:01 PM   #69  
Melissa

Thanks!! But Aaron really did them, I just helped paint.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:14 PM   #70  

Oh, no! Don't you back down now! Did you two consult on the colors? Did you bring him a drink of water while he was working? Mop his brow? Stay out of the way? If you can answer "yes" to any of the questions, you helped.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:18 PM   #71  
Melissa

I guess I did then.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:19 PM   #72  
Melissa

By the way I don't know if you can tell...I meant to tell you all that the fireplace (center) is red and the other walls are brown. I don't know if you can tell the difference in the picture. And the molding has a nice wavy pattern on the front that you can't see in the pic either.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:50 PM   #73  
focused and aiming

melissa, i love it!! and you two did it as a team. what are you going to build now?
Old 08-12-2006, 12:07 AM   #74  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Hi again!

Wow - Melissa - super job - I LOVE the shelves - and I have always loved that 'built in' shelf look - great job on the colors too! (yes I could see the difference in colors - but not sure where I am looking for the wavy molding?)

We are back from our outing! The most exciting part was actually finding a very decent parking spot at 8 pm in the market on a Friday night! I noticed someone who looked like they were leaving? ....and that was that!

Had a nice walk around the market and a visit to my favorite store - and this is the real name: Boutique Frou Frou (need I say more?) - very cute stuff esp the purses and shoes - but the 'boys' got bored there so we left after a few minutes. Kids then hauled me into their FAVORITE stores - got ds a hoodie and 2 t-shirts for dd ($120 dollars later....). The best part was when the sales guy (young latin american?) told dd she had a nice mother (nothing like shmoozing up the Mom when she's shopping)...and did she appreciate me? And did she ever cook for me? or bring me flowers just because? I just loved it of course!

Then to Lush (www.lush.com) to get a pack of those lovely smelling bath bombs for my sil as a gift (since she was not with us ) and my brother was looking for a belly ring for her as she lost part of her belly piercing ring thing (from that very flat tummy of hers) and said it would grow back - so he was on a mission - found a very funky jewellery store (I could barely leave they had lots of sparkly baubles, bangles, earrings and watches!) and he bought her one there.

Then the hunt was on for a dinner place - first spot (Blue cactus - mexican place) had a 45 min wait (it was about 9 pm by now) - too long - off to the japanese place - a bit of a wait - but food was very good - everyone had fun - altho I still found the place a bit busy and noisy - I was hoping for a more serene/quiet atmosphere - hard to hear my brother regaling us with tales of our childhood -too funny - yes I remembered him throwing the shoe at me when I opened his bedroom door to bug him (yet again) and it hitting me in the eye! The kids were hysterical hearing all of this!

Drove home the long way along the canal - very pretty at night - all lit up - and now home. Can't sleep cuz ate too much too late? Need to digest some.

Up bright and early tomorrow - going to little village - 1 hr away - having a huge puppet festival tomorrow - should be fun. I am considering going to the gym if I wake up early enuf - but will sleep in it if happens.

My leg/muscle spasm thing still bugging me on and off - I shall call dr on Monday if it doesn't let up!

Hoping for nice weather tomorrow!

Frouf
Old 08-12-2006, 09:18 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Frouf, sounds like you're having a wonderful visit with your brother. It's so good to laugh at the past. Guess you're off to Almonte today. Looks like another nice one.

Melissa, the colours came out good, and again, hats off to you and Aaron. I guess you're week off is winding down now, any plans for the weekend?

Kathy, can't believe that Shaun is actually close to departure day. It seems like so long ago that you talked about getting him into training. Sounds like things have been quiet at your home front for a while.

Niki, how are you feeling, hon? Hope you got to the doctor. I thought I might be coming down with something yesterday, but so far, so good. Is ds feeling better?

Sandra, sounds like yesterday was fun for all. You're such good grandparents. I'm sure Texas will be really special for you. They'll be so delighted to see the new and improved version of you.

I called and invited Natan to spend the afternoon here. It will allow the kids to go to a movie. It's going to be nice, so we'll at least go to the park. Maybe I'll take him over to his cousin's house. It seems so weird to have my "other kids" here, but I'm sure that I'll get used to it real soon.

Hey Vickie, what's happening. I'm off to take a bubble bath, and every time I put the bubbles in, I think of you.
Closed Thread