Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 09:53 AM   #16  
Southside White Sox Fan

Va Va Vavoom, Saundra! You have got to post your picture that you posted on the BCB board. If that isn't encouragement for me to stop whining and get my little old perimenopausal/menopausal self going the I don't know what would be!

I often read BCB even though I don't post there. I love to look for new recipes. We'll you know I'm all struggling with menopause, so I read a thread there about menopause. There, lo and behold, was Saundra looking gorgeous and telling/showing everyone that there's alot to look forward to once I pass this stage. Thanks, Saundra!
Old 08-10-2006, 10:10 AM   #17  

Good morning ladies! Vickie, sorry to tell you, more rain is on your way. It's been thunderstorming off and on all morning, starting at 5 am, which of course, woke up all my kids and disrupted the household. Oh well - it's summertime.

We had a fun little jaunt window shopping at the mall yesterday with SIL. She left smiling and chatting, so I think it was good.

I think I'm handier than my dh...at least I read and follow instructions better. But he's good with wiring and cables and stuff like that. We put together our own theater room, and actually did a fair amount of work when we were building our house. However, for plumbing and electricity, we call my Dad. He's a handy guy to have living nextdoor.

My kids are getting restless...I think it's time for school to start soon. My 5 year old, especially, NEEDS something more than hanging around home. They're doing their chores with great gusto this morning because I told them we could take a walk in the rain after they were done. The joys of childhood!

I'd better hop off now, because they're almost done.

Angela
Old 08-10-2006, 10:24 AM   #18  
Southside White Sox Fan

Angela, it's here! It's black as night and the radar is all orange and yellow. I think I'll get off and go eat breakfast now.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:40 AM   #19  
focused and aiming

good morning. i'm heading out to get my hair cut in a couple of minutes but wanted to say, "hi." first.

kathy, i didn't realize it had been over 100* that long. no wonder you're looking for some rain from someone.

thank you for your sweet words and hug, vickie. we have family in texas and montana so we're always away from someone. i am much chipper now after the phone conversation. (thank goodness!)

saundra, i need to see that photo. please post it for us here.

angela, our grands are ready for school to start, too. so are their mothers. some things never change.

curtis is much handier than i am. his osteo-arthritis handicaps him, though. putting in the new toilet was hard on his knees. (does that make sense?)

gotta go. the kitchen timer just told me to get off the puter and head out. see ya later.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:40 PM   #20  

Good afternoon, today is not off to a good start, ds was up at 3am having a coughing fit, everytime he gets sick he ends up with such a bad chronic cough, so at 4am I am sitting in the bathroom with him with the shower on letting him breath in the steam, it seemed to work his cough subsided a bit and he was able to fall back asleep. I am taking him to the pediatrician today at 2:30 because he was also running a fever of 102.7 last night, the pediatrician says he has asthma, he gets the inflamed airways which causes his cough, thank goodness he never has had weezing or shortness of breath.
DD was sick last week but she recovered in a couple of days. I am also feeling under the weather, throat is scratchy and I am sneezing, woke up with a major headache.

Will check back later, have to give them lunch and get them ready to head out. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:08 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Default http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d631b3127cce8beb521082f700000016102AbtXDhm1aMX

oops
Old 08-10-2006, 01:09 PM   #22  

Default http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d631b3127cce8beb521082f700000016102AbtXDhm1aM

Niki, sorry about ds, hope she's better soon.

Vickie, thanks so much, you're a sweetie. You and i are exactly the same when it comes to fixin things. I do all the research and go through instructions, but have no patience when it comes to repairs. We keep the workmen in business.

Sandra, so glad you spoke to your family. I'm loving having the kids here and Brayden and I are becoming great friends.

Kathy, you and Judd are a great team. If you lived here, or in Chicago, Vickie and I could hire you.

Okay, here's the pic...

Old 08-10-2006, 04:49 PM   #23  

Niki, sounds like spasmodic croup to me. My dd used to get it almost every time she had any kind of respiratory bug. It's scary, but you are doing the right thing by getting him in the steam. If that doesn't work, sometimes taking them out in the cool night air works. Once we had to go to the emergency room and get a breathing treatment and steroids, and she was on a nebulizer for a bit after that, but I think (crossing fingers) she's outgrown it now.

The rain has stopped, and it's nice and sunny now...so maybe there's hope for you and your pool tomorrow Vickie.

Later ladies,
Angela
Old 08-10-2006, 05:16 PM   #24  
focused and aiming

nikki, i hope ds is better. and you, too. let us know what the doctor says.

saundra, that's a great photo. you are adorable. okay, i am duly impressed. i need to stay on track now. thank you for posting. this is a great inspiration.

here are before and present photos of me. i took the present one today (by myself) the before was taken in spring 05. i just cropped it off another photo. i'm about halfway to where i'm headed now.

Old 08-10-2006, 05:19 PM   #25  

Sandra, looking great, you are absolutely adorable.

Wow, can I ever see the fantastic difference.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:30 PM   #26  
focused and aiming

thank you, saundra. i am already feeling much much more confident in myself. today we were in a store that had full length mirrors. i caught myself in my periferial (sp?) vision and didn't know who i was. lol i still have a ways to go but i'm having fun on the journey.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:17 PM   #27  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, what a difference! You look terrific girlie! You look younger.

Niki, I hope DS get better quickly. You sound tired. I hope you take care of yourself.

Saundra, thanks for posting your picture. You ahve a fantastic figure. I hope I look half as good as you when I get to your age!

My eyes are still dialated so I won't be here long. Jim had to drive himself to therapy. We weren't thinking too clearly when we made his PT appointment after the eye doctor. He says the driving doesn't hurt but this is a lot in a short period of time.

We're going out for dinner although our plans keep changing. Niece/NIL and the kids might be coming. We'll see.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:30 PM   #28  

Height: 5'7"

Happy evening, goilies! I'm finally home from work -- and ready for a few hours' rest.

Tomorrow starts my gym routine where I will get up at 5:00, get to the gym by 5:30, do my weight training until 6:00 or 6:30, and then get cleaned up and on to work.

I'm making portobello mushroom ravioli with Newman's Own marinara right now; after it's done I will be putting FF mozzarella on it. Judd is riding his mountain bike tonight so it'll be a while until he's done, home, and ready to eat. I have also made a big salad.

Sandra, that is just an incredible difference in you! Look at that big smile! It makes me giddy to know that I might be seeing it in person this November!!
Old 08-10-2006, 08:09 PM   #29  

Sandra, there really is a big difference! Way to go on your fantastic progress.

Angela
Old 08-10-2006, 08:47 PM   #30  
focused and aiming

vickie, that's impressive that jim can drive already. where did ya'll go for dinner?

know what curtis said when he saw the photos? something to the effect that you could tell a more realistic difference if the photos had been the same size. he owes me a compliment.

kathy, i'm ready to see you, too. i like mushrooms but they don't like me. i can't eat them without getting sick. it took several hurting sessions for me to realize that.

angela, when do your girls start to school? my grands in tx start monday.
Closed Thread