Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 05:05 PM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

Sandra, you sound so chipper! Enjoy your w a tonight!

Does anyone remember the discussion we had about Terra Chips? Don't you think these would be considered Core as long as I stick to one serving? It's absolutely nothing except sweet potatoes, canola oil and sunflower oil, and both are probably minimal. You can put a chip on a piece of paper and not get an oily spot.

http://www.terrachips.com/products/product/1188.php
Old 07-31-2006, 05:13 PM   #17  
focused and aiming

kathy, i looked them up in cfc. they don't have a check by them and are listed as 4 pts. maybe they could be listed as "core enuf."

i am in an extremely good mood today--and it's monday!! guess it's the cooler weather.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:14 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

They sound and look good Kathy, but I'd count the points.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:41 PM   #19  

Well then NEVERMIND! They are definitely not worth 4 points. I will make them myself out of thinly sliced sweet potatoes (which is really all they are anyway) and spray them with Pam. I've made them before and they turned out very well.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:00 PM   #20  

I think that's a great idea! I just might make some for Bern tonight.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:20 PM   #21  

Patti, I forgot to mention, I used the McCormick's red pepper seasoning for roasted potatoes, and they were oh so goood!
Old 07-31-2006, 08:46 PM   #22  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well I'm in from my second swim of the day. This time I was out there for an hour and 15 minutes. That's a total of 3 hours and 15 minutes. I wasn't exercising the whole time but I was for a lot of it. Problem is that it makes me very hungry.

I'm off to wash the chlorine out of my hair so that I don't turn green. Then I have to write some bills and work on my August budget. Then bed and start all over again tomorrow.

I hope you are all well since I don't have time to catch up right now.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:54 PM   #23  
focused and aiming

i'm home from w a. vickie, i know what you mean about water making you hungry. we just finished dinner. i haven't had my killer brownies yet. i'm thinking i'll just have one with some grapes later on. i'll have to eat before too long, though, cuz i'm trying not to eat very late.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:14 PM   #24  

Lordy! I just got done with taking a bath and doing my laundry folding, dishwasher emptying, kitchen cleaning chores. I didn't get home from work until nearly 8:00. Fortunately, Judd had a frozen dinner at lunch so he just wanted a PB sandwich tonight, Erin had a pizza, and Shaun had eaten late afternoon so he wasn't hungry. I'm skipping because I'm just too darn tired.

Tomorrow is August 1! It's a great time to re-commit because you know we'll all be doing something for Labor Day and might as well go into that weekend a few pounds lighter!
Old 07-31-2006, 10:37 PM   #25  
Melissa

Kathy you need a break!

Sandra, you are chipper today! I hope that you had fun at wa tonight. I was thinking about you when I was swimming in the lake yesterday.

Vickie, and you've gotten a ton of exercise today too! It's going to pay off for you, too.

Saundra, I hope that all goes well and smooth for you son. How exciting to have them close to you!

Frouf, I hope that everything works out with your flights. I got confused just reading about your plans.

Tammy, on your loss! And please, just jump right in with us. We just ramble about everything there is to ramble about!

I'm off to get ready for bed. Good night gals!
Old 08-01-2006, 12:23 AM   #26  
focused and aiming

melissa, i had a lucy moment in the pool tonight. i was wearing a different swimsuit. i almost popped out of the top. when i went to "readjust" body parts, i slipped under just a sec and swallowed some water. i got to coughing and coughing. the instructor came over to see if i was all right. i was just embarassed. no one saw the girls. luckily they never popped out.

kathy, tomorrow is a great day for a new monthly challenge. thank you for posting it for us.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:32 AM   #27  

Good Morning!

7:30 and I'm ready to hit the shower. I'm doing a day shift today and then a meeting at 6:30. This will happen for 2 weeks as I'm helping someone out. Then, it's just Tuesday days, which is enough for me.

It's great to see that we have water babies in our group. DS was a life guard, so just maybe they'll consider puting in a pool??? Wouldn't that be sweet?

Okay, I hope you all have a wonderful OP day......
Old 08-01-2006, 08:52 AM   #28  

Good morning, all! Happy August 1!

I've been at work for a while but need to get busy. Just thought I'd check in quickly to say hello.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:40 AM   #29  
Melissa

Happy 1st of August! It's sweltering here!
Old 08-01-2006, 11:04 AM   #30  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! It's going to be 100 here today and 95 tomorrow with heat indexes of 115 and 110 which is dangerous. Great pool weather though. I think I drank 12 eight ounce glasses of water yesterday. I even drank water in the pool because I was SO hot.

My scale is still up a bit from TOM like symptoms. I'm not concerned though because I'm eating right and getting some exercise. I've just been so hungry. Last night I really wanted popcorn about 10:00 but managed to go to bed without eating any.

Jim has PT today and I'm going to run to Sam's and Walmart while he is there. I'll have to really hurry though because I'll have to come home after Sam's to put stuff in the refrigerator before I can go to Walmart. It's so hot here that it's hard to keep going in and out of the air conditioning. At least Walmart is 2 minutes from his PT. I only need a couple of things from there. Good thing too since I've been spending tons of money lately and I must stop spending on non-essential items. As Sandra said, those doctor/hospital bills are rolling in. They're high and we have good health insurance. I really feel sorry for people who have no or poor healt insurance. We are thankful to have good coverage.

Kathy, I don't know how you deal with the extreme heat for so much of the year. I couldn't do it.

Anywhoooo.....I can eat breakfast now. I slept until 8:45. I told Jim we need to go to bed earlier since I don't like sleeping so late. I did get 9 hours of sleep. I feel pretty darned rested.
Closed Thread