3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   From Flex to Core? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/89388-flex-core.html)

Shanon78 07-17-2006 11:27 AM

From Flex to Core?

I have been back on WW since 01/2006 doing the Flex plan and I'm down 20 pounds, with 10 more to go. But now I'm stuck!!!! For the past 4 weeks I've been stuck in a plateau that I cannot overcome. I've been considering switching to the Core plan, but I'm scared. My biggest concern is the "comfort zone" concept. Does this work? I'm worried that the Core plan will give me too much freedom and eat waaaay too much since I'm not limited to points.

Any feedback, advice, etc. would be GREATLY appreciated!

:?: :?: :?:

Katpo 07-17-2006 11:43 AM

My opinion: For people who are really close to goal and experiencing a plateau, you really have to pay close attention to portions. It's important for everyone, of course, but at this stage of the game it's easy to get lax and regain. A lot of us (okay, maybe just me?) eat Core foods but still count points. That works well for everyone just starting out until you get an idea of how much is enough ... and how much is too much.

Shanon78 07-17-2006 12:37 PM

I agree with the portion control and I pulled all my measureing cups out a few weeks ago. One of the side-effects of this plateau is that I've started obsessing about points. I spent all weekend thinking about nothing but food - what I can, can't, should and shouldn't eat and my choices are getting less and less healthy. If I have only a few points left for dinner, I'll use those points on light ice cream or other junk instead of something healthly because I'll be darned if I'm going to run out of points without my daily "treat." I'm thinking if I was on core, I'd make better choices and then my "treats" would come from my weekly flex points and therefore be limited to 35 points a week on junk. Right now I probably use a third of my daily points on less than ideal food choices (ff chips, WW snack cakes, etc.), to the point where I even avoid skim milk because I don't want to drink 2 points.

That's a great suggestion to eat core but still count points. I'm going to try that this week.

Katpo 07-17-2006 03:13 PM

That's exactly the whole premise behind the Core program -- you summed it up beautifully. It sounds like you would be a good Core person! Plus, with you being so aware of the junk dangers, you probably won't even have to count if you don't want to. The people who come in saying "oh boy, I can eat as much as I want of xxx and xxx" ... those are the ones who really need portion control. And while it's true that you CAN eat some things unlimited, you can gain if you don't watch it. Oatmeal, for instance, is Core approved, but if I ate 7 packages every morning ...

:nono:

Welcome!

QuilterInVA 07-17-2006 03:58 PM

That is probably why you aren't losing - making poor food choices does not give your body what it needs to be healthy. As far as the comfort zones, even WW says people are not going to count points the rest of their life so we all need to get in touch with what and how much to eat if we are to maintain.

Losingitin06 07-17-2006 09:07 PM

this is exactly why i switched to CORE.. i was stuck on flex

Shanon78 07-18-2006 09:19 AM

Losingitin06, have you had success switching from Flex to Core? All the offically WW info I've read talks alot about switching from Core to Flex, but there's not much said about going the other direction.