Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 04:23 PM   #151  
focused and aiming

it's hot here today, too. guess i'll be wanting some of this when the snow's on the ground. i'm going to water aerobics tonight. guess that's a given now, though, isn't it? we're taking care of business calls here at home today. not much else going on.

frouf, it sounds like you got a lot done yesterday. that's so funny about dd and the phone. and the record? times have changed, haven't they? i'm doing water aerobics tonight. curtis and i split a sub at subway today. we ran a few errands--nothing much going on right now. sometimes our lives are boring.

kathy, you just reminded me. i have 2 boiled eggs in the fridge that need to go.

thank you, saundra. your weekend sounds like it was a lot of fun. did you get a tan?

nikki, your trip to manhattan sounds neat. i have only been at jfk airport in new york. i need to go visit there sometime. i don't think i can get curtis to go, though. he's more of a mountain hermit type.

vickie, have fun in your pool. you sound soooooo much happier. makes me smile.

nikki and tammy, congratulations on some mighty fine losses. you done good, girls!!
Old 07-17-2006, 04:30 PM   #152  

Height: 5'7"

Sandra, isn't it too bad we can't bottle up some summer and save it until winter, then let 'er loose??? Same with saving some winter! I could use some snow right now.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:58 PM   #153  
Melissa

Hey gals,
I'm not caught up but just wanted to say hi. Today has been really, really hectic at work. I'm hoping to get lots of yard work done tonight. It's unbelievably hot but it just can't wait any longer, it looks awful. I hope that you all have a great evening.

Oh, I did want to say CONGRATS to Niki and Tammy on their fantastic losses!!
Old 07-17-2006, 05:01 PM   #154  
focused and aiming

kathy, i wish we could. we were just talking earlier about how we'll be missing this heat come -13* this winter.

hi, melissa. don't get too hot working in the yard.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:08 PM   #155  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Melissa - good luck with the yard work tonight - it is way too hot here to plant anything - I need to make sure all my 'purchases' are watered in the meantime before I actually plant them!

Niki - SUPER JOB - good for you - you must feel great - CONGRATULATIONS.

Tammy - way to go on breaking that plateau- and sure looks like you need to change your labor day goal? I think you should definitely stay on core for at least a month - and to be honest - it is not a bad 'forever' eating plan - very wholesome, healthy and gets rid of a lot of those cravings! Keep up the good work (congrats to your Mom too!).

Sandra - yes - once you bottle up the heat - let me know how I can release it when the ice and snow are falling!

I am on my way to the gym now - altho I'd rather just go to bed - so tired and droopy feeling! Salmon is marinating and I am so looking forward to eating dinner (what a piggy I am!)....now if I can only convince dh to peel LOTS OF POTATOES - for my very favorite side dish....hmmmmmmm

Frouf
Old 07-17-2006, 05:11 PM   #156  
focused and aiming

frouf, your dinner sounds delicious. i like that side dish, too. i don't know what i'm having yet. i am going to w a earlier today so we'll be having dinner after i get home. ice and snow actually sound rather kewl right now. (pun intended)
Old 07-17-2006, 08:54 PM   #157  
Melissa

Wow, slow night around here! I guess I'll go back out to the yard, where bugs are eating my legs (fortunately not my bum! ).

Frouf, I'm so impressed by your attendance at the gym. Of course it is seriously paying off for you!

Sandra, hope you had fun at wa tonight. I think it's great. I'm jealous in fact, that you now love exercising so much!

Kathy, hope you aren't melted.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:42 PM   #158  

ontarget.. It's slacking a bit, it was for lbs lost, water consumption and hours at the gym. .. it's actually about 250 now. lol
Old 07-17-2006, 10:10 PM   #159  
Melissa

Girls, do not be alarmed, but I not only worked in the garden, then I came in and did WATP one mile. I know, it's really unbelievable for me. I'm proud of myself!
Old 07-17-2006, 10:37 PM   #160  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Melissa - must be the 'heat' getting to you? Seriously congrats on the exercise - good for you! Hope your bitten legs are not too bad!

While I did get to the gym and did my workout - I think i undid most of the good by going on an eating rampage - not sure what it's all about? I am trying hard to understand the 'psychology' of my overeating and not getting anywhere I"m afraid?

Maybe not enuf dinner? not enuf protein today? some trigger food? I had about 1/2 salmon steak, 1/2 baked potato and some green beans. Then settled in to watch tv - still had the munchies - found a baked veggie samosa in the fridge - warmed it up and ate it....and continued eating - some from hunger I guess? but then some cuz it just tasted good? I feel a headache coming on now - probably too much sugar or something? (found some chocolate too!) I am disappointed cuz I do know better and should have some strategies in place.

I am still going to the gym but now having to 'undo' damage instead of moving forward - NOT GOOD! I dare not get on the scale for another couple of days as it will be too depressing - and I am going to start slipping with my goals. Need to stay more focussed!!!!

Frouf
Old 07-18-2006, 12:23 AM   #161  
focused and aiming

melissa, i am having fun at w a. tonight was tough, though. she had us using the water weights almost the whole time. my arms are weak. i came home and overate. later i went out to put liquid fence on my rosebushes. (deer have been using them as a buffet). anyway, when i got to the front yard ready to start spraying, i was met at the front sidewalk by a doe. we had a standoff for awhile. i actually felt sorry for her that she couldn't come eat. curtis said she was like a kid after candy with these rosebushes. a hummingbird was in the pine tree watching. it was soooo kewl!!!! she did decide to back away and leave but we stood face to face for about a minute. after she left, i started spraying.

jenn, that is amazing. i am proud of you. i did a little slacking this evening. tomorrow i need to be more careful. we can do this. i like your idea of saving for a sexy wardrobe. maybe you can show us some photos of your new clothes when you get them. we'll be jealous for sure.

melissa, i just read your post here. i am proud of you. i can tell you're feeling good about your exercising. that definitely makes me feel good, too.

frouf, i'm undoing tomorrow, too. at least we're not giving up. we'll eventually lose this weight.

okay, i'm heading over to the menu to record what i had. it's not a lot but it's more than i've been having. i almost have to starve to lose or so it seems.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:41 AM   #162  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Jim had a good Doctor's appointment. He just needs to be patient, which neither of us are. He's pushing too much and I kind of ratted on him to the Doctor. He'll slow up a bit on some stuff.

I'm still perpetually tired. I hate to keep blaming menopause but I think it is causing my fatigue. That and all the stuff I've been running and doing. Yesterday was very busy but I did get into the pool again with the kids last night. It was very fun but very tiring. I'm sore in a lot of places. Good exercise, huh?! My scale is responding oh so slowly. I've mastered portion control and satisfaction at breakfast and lunch. Dinner and after is my problem. I do not want to maintain this weight forever.

Time to go get on the treadmill and eat breakfast. Jim has PT again today and I have errands. What new?
Old 07-18-2006, 11:02 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Good morning everyone. It's suppose to be more moderate today. I went out on the deck for a bit, but the morning sun was too much, so back to the cool kitchen.

We're moving forward on having the inside of the house painted. It's been five years now, and colour is needed. I have lots of ideas, but think that I'll get someone in to help put it together. I figure late September will be a good time to have it done. I'm also getting a quote on changing the counter/sink in my en suite to a new one piece marble unit. I may also get a quote on granite for the kitchen, but that one is a real maybe.

Melissa, go girl. Looks like you're up to the exercise challenge. Maybe you can send the bug my way. I did reserve the video from the library, so I've done a "little" something.

Vickie, Bernie is seeing my massage therapist on Friday. It took a lot for him to give in to treatment, but he's finally getting frustrated. I do hope they can help him. Sounds like you are really enjoying the pool, which is a very good thing.

Frouf, you're so dedicated to the exercise. Like you said, maybe not enough dinner. Time to make a plan on what to eat when hunger calls. Have you tried the DQ no fat treats? I find them great to have around the house.

Sandra, sounds like you worked extra hard last night. I guess your leader heard that you're having too much fun. We saw a deer in the middle of the road on one of our weekends away. We had to stop the car and honk before he ran off. I love your "love of nature". I can really identify.

Kathy, you must be working your but off. Hope you have time to come up for air.

Nikki, is this a good beach day for you? Can I come too?

Okay, time to get to the house stuff,
Old 07-18-2006, 11:17 AM   #164  

Height: 5'7"

I worked 11 hours yesterday, went straight home and started cooking dinner, and got done around 8:30. Then I washed a few loads of laundry and got to bed around 10:30. I was pretty tired but have to do it again today and for the rest of the week. So Vickie, I know what you mean about being perpetually tired.

I got more stuff heaped on me this morning; hopefully the deadline will be months instead of weeks though. The Air Force is wanting to move some training from one lesson to another and while it sounds simple, it actually has to be recreated -- can't be moved. It's too complicated and I'm too tired to explain it, like anyone cares anyway, but suffice it to say I will be swamped when I get back from vacation.

I'll be back on tonight.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:41 PM   #165  
focused and aiming

vickie, i'm sorry you're still tired. i know i shouldn't ask this, but do you think your body's needing more carbs? sometimes when i am fatigued, carbs seem to help give me energy. congratulations to you for mastering portion control. those scales will keep falling. i am happy for you.

saundra, we're doing a little touch up painting around here now. we had the outside painted earlier this spring. it's still up in the air as to whether we're moving. i did some weeding and transplanting this am and got hot, too. i had 2 hummingbirds out there with me. they are so beautiful.

kathy, you're a very busy gal for sure. i remember when i was working, i hardly ever got to bed before 11 or 12. i hope the new project is months away, too.
Closed Thread