Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 04:18 PM   #91  
focused and aiming

judd must be a fantastic salesman. i agree with frouf that you might think of buying yourself something else. i have a feeling you'll use if on vacation, though. that's good that it can come in handy for that.

nikki, i know that scared you. i'm glad ds didn't swallow that old tooth. my son used to sleep with his dad and me when the tooth fairy was coming. he was afraid.

frouf, we do have cheapo walkie talkies but don't use them. they would scare away the animals. we do have a "whistle" system for contacting each other--however; a couple of years ago i had a mountain lion within a few feet of me and i couldn't whistle. i was high in a tree and the lion was in a ditch right below. i must have looked huge to him cuz he didn't come get me. i wouldn't carry walkie talkies around on the ship either. would cellphones work for ya'll? i'm thinking you wouldn't use them unless it was an emergency and then long distance wouldn't matter. (but what do i know?)

we took mil to lunch today. i had fish and green beans. i had a good loss at ww today. i've been changing my tracker every day (if my weight changes) so i won't be making a big change on it today. i'll just make sure i'm updated. i weigh 3 lbs less now than i have in over 2 years. i checked my ww card and i weighed 189+ april 9, 04. i never got below 188 until now. today i weighed 186.4. sorry for bragging but i can't help it.

where is everyone? i hope you're all out there having some fun today. i'll be back later to see what's up.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:27 PM   #92  
Melissa

CONGRATULATIONS SANDRA!!!

That is so wonderful!

Last edited by septembersgoal; 07-07-2006 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:40 PM   #93  
focused and aiming

thank you, melissa. i really really appreciate your support ane encouragement. now you know if i'm losing, you'll be losing, too, cuz we're 2 peas in a pod.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:50 PM   #94  

Height: 5'7"

Yay, Sandra!! Way to go!! I know you must be sooo excited -- I can just hear it in your words! And hey, brag all you want! YOU DESERVE IT!

mrshillflipper, welcome to our little corner! I hope you'll stick around because we most certainly would love to have you! Now to cut right to your immediate issue, which is going out on the boat tomorrow, do you have one of those things you tie around your waist? Like a sarong or big scarf or something like that? I have one that I wear over my swimsuit while not in the water. It makes me feel not quite so exposed to the world -- okay, it's not like everybody's looking anyway, but still. If you're wearing shorts, could you wear longer ones? Like capris or something? I really know what you're feeling because I go thru the same thing. We're about to be on vacation with my two (VERY much younger) sisters-in-law and both are runners in excellent shape. Of course, when I was 32, so was I! Still, I'm going to feel like the blob while with them, especially if we do anything that involves being less than fully clothed. I hope you do go though, because you might really have a good time.

Anyway, welcome again!
Old 07-07-2006, 04:56 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 185/157/145

Yes, I have a few of them but they don't fit any more....I know, I am having a big poor-poor-nanny-poo-poo party. I am glad to hear that other people get insecure about it. Thank you for the welcome, that was very sweet of you.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:37 PM   #96  

Okay, now let's fix this. The capris don't fit or the big scarves? Do you have some fabric that you can make a big square out of? An old sheet? ( okay that's stretching it a bit) How about a very long t-shirt to wear over everything? Oh and what about the other women going? Are they runway models?

Well ... hopefully you'll go, have a FABULOUS time, and come back to report that it was fun and you didn't feel one bit self-conscious!
Old 07-07-2006, 06:37 PM   #97  

Oh my, my ds wants to have his first sleepover at our neighbors house, whom I trust 100%, I know her for 6 1/2 years. I am freaking out, I know he wants to and I don't want to baby him too much, but he is still my baby. This is too much for me today, first he loses his first baby tooth and now he wants to sleep away from home(sob). Ok I guess I should let him, knowing my son he will be calling me around midnight saying he wants to come home. How am I going to deal with teen age years AAAHHHH.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:46 PM   #98  

Niki, let him go. He'll have fun, nothing will happen (you know these people well, right?) and if he makes it thru the night, you'll feel better and it'll build confidence and independence in him.

Now as for those teenage years. Sandra, Saundra, Frouf and I are here to tell you that there will be days when you will NOT miss him. You'll be begging him to go somewhere ... and will be sobbing when he comes home instead of when he leaves. Teenagers are God's punishment for having sex. I'm serious.

Okay, maybe not ... but still. Just wait. Oh and meanwhile, remember what a brat YOU were when you were a teenager!
Old 07-07-2006, 07:38 PM   #99  
focused and aiming

mrshillflipper, (what a cute username!), i hope you go and have fun. i have been places before where i was not the largest person but i was feeling very inferior (yes, inferior) and embarassed by my weight--then i noticed that the larger person was having a blast and was surrounded by a lot of friends. i decided to change my way of thinking. people like us for who we are, and they want to be around people who are happy and make them feel happy, too. please go and have fun.

kathy, curtis says our grandkids are our rewards for not killing our own kids. when is it you're leaving for the springs? i can't remember. are your hamilton in-laws joining you?

nikki, let him go. if he makes it through the night, just think of the fun you and he will have when he tells you all about it.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:45 PM   #100  

Sandra, we're leaving two weeks from tomorrow. And yes, the Hamilton folks will be coming down. I sorta feel sorry for them because they have 14 hours in the car with three kids; Judd and I have 11 hours with just each other, no kids. We'll have fun on the way but I can't say the same for them. Anyway, we're driving straight thru and will get there Saturday evening, and then will leave Friday to head back. The only thing I know for sure is that we'll be going to a Colorado Rockies game. We don't go to other towns without going to a nearby MLB game.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:58 PM   #101  
focused and aiming

kathy, it sounds like you're going to have a fun trip. we've made the drive many many times from here through the springs on our way to texas. you're right. they prob won't have much fun on the trip with little ones. there are miles and miles between some exits in wyoming (but the scenery is gorgeous!) i usually count antelope but lose count fairly soon. of course, it's always been just curtis and i. maybe they have those dvd players and movies for the kids. that's what my son uses when they travel.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:01 PM   #102  

Oh yes, they have a new '07 Tahoe with the built-in DVD player. Couldn't travel without it -- I think their last 3 vehicles have had it.

Judd just got home from the gym and is hungry. Now I have to either drag out the leftovers or find him something else. I'm leaning toward something else ... it's easier to go pick something up.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:55 PM   #103  
Melissa

mrshillflipper, I hope that you have a great time tomorrow if you go. I agree with Kathy that capris (maybe some some nice stretchy comfy ones) would be a good choice. In any case, we hope you join us around here more often!

Kathy, please get some rest and take care of yourself at some point this weekend!

Sorry I'm so out of it. I'm so tired and thinking of heading to bed. We have to go to the vet in the morning but then I'm hoping to go to Farmer's Market for some fresh fruits and veggies.
I hope that you're all doing great.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:21 PM   #104  

Melissa, get some rest yourself! I'm only working 7 hours tomorrow and probably none on Sunday since I can't find a security person to come in and open up. However ... my deadline was pushed out a week so I'm easing up on myself a bit. I had 50 hours this week and will have 60 next week; the trick will be getting the kids to help me with the animals since I'll be working longer hours. Judd will be leaving on Sunday for Whiteman AFB and will be back on Friday. He usually potties the dogs in the morning but I think I'll see if the little ones can sleep with Shaun. If they're in the bed, they'll hold it as long as necessary, and Bindy can hold it no matter where she is.

I'm going now -- the stinking lamp by my bedside keeps going on and off. I guess maybe the wrong type of bulb is in there; in any case, it's very annoying.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:15 AM   #105  

Yay! I get the prize!

I'm at work and hope to leave at 2. Then I'm going home and doing a whole bunch of NOTHING. I have some tired leftover from yesterday.

Where's everybody?
Closed Thread