Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 09:10 PM   #136  

Height: 5'7"

Hey, all. What a slow day, huh?

Melissa, I can't give advice on such matters because my last pregnancy was over 20 years ago! I know that the tests have changed so much ... I think back then, EPT was the only one and it was like $15! It was actually cheaper to go to the doctor for the test. I do hope we're not jinxing you by talking about it! Good luck though and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I had a pancake and two pieces of bacon tonight for dinner. It has probably been two years since I had pancakes and was afraid of going crazy with them, so I told Erin (she was cooking) that I wanted ONE and she mixed just enough batter. It was really good.

I should go to bed early since I'm doing the 10-hour days. Shaun said he would make sure he was up to let the dogs go potty.

Hope everybody's doing okay. I'll see you tomorrow.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:19 PM   #137  
focused and aiming

kathy, pancakes sound good to me, too. i'm glad you got one and some bacon tonight.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:28 PM   #138  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Hey Kathy - hope you had a nice relaxing day and a good visit with Kate! I too am 'prepared' for tomorrow!

Paula - wow - what a great yard sale result! Good for you - and I can only imagine how exhausted you were - bet you were glad to get rid of some of that stuff tho - less to move!

Niki - yes that tooth fairy is quite a sneaky little thing - my eldes ds when he was little claimed to have seen her - too funny as he sat there describing her in infinite detail! The shawl idea sounds like it would work!

Angela - glad your meds have kicked in and that you are feeling better!

Melissa - I agree to test again in a week - but sometimes it does take awhile when you're off the bcp to get back to a regular cycle - so your body may just be adjusting to the new regime!

So last night we took little ds downtown to the see the Sound and Light show on Parliamment Hill (nothing like being a tourist in your own town). It was a gorgeous night - not a cloud in the sky and a lovely cool breeze. You get to sit on the lawn right in front of the parliament building (centre block) and at 9:30 (and 10;30) when it gets dark there is a 'light' show which is screen right onto the building! with narration and special effects - so cool and interesting. It was quite fun and everyone brought blankets and chairs to enjoy the show! (http://www.canadascapital.gc.ca/bins...8-22878&lang=1)

Then we walked to the Chateau Laurier hotel (a very old landmark - a marble floor old style hotel - very aristrocratic) - dh and I got married there and I took little ds to this staircase and said 'remind you of anything"? He right away started getting excited - ya' that's the staircase in the wedding picture of you and dad that hangs in the living room! I was impressed!

We wandered around a bit (little ds tried to crash a wedding - ha ha ha)...then came upon a room with VERY LOUD MUSIC - lots of cheering and clapping and loads of young girls in FULL MAKEUP AND WONDERFUL COSTUMES - yes you guessed we stumbled upon a DANCE COMPETITION!!! Can you believe this? (Like I haven't see enuf of those) but no we went in to watch a few dances - which were AMAZING! Of course dh and ds lost patience so we had to leave after a couple!

Did not sleep well - up at 8 am (after going to bed at 1 am) - up and trying to get organized to go out BRA SHOPPING - is there anything more depressing? So there's this big sale at Sears and every woman in town is there looking for bras - big lineups for the change room and the line at the cash was long too! I tried on 3 'groups' of bras (like 8 each time I went in) and zilch nada - nothing that fit right or looked good - okay I did find a nice pink bra - but I was there for a BLACK ONE - so I put it back!

Good sales on today so luckily I did manage to get a new nightie (for my cruise - prefer long ones when I'm travelling as opposed to the short ones I wear at home) - pink and white of course! Then found the cutest little pair of fancy black/silver sandals - my new cruise sandals of course! I have such trouble finding shoes that fit that I grabbed them after trying them one. I wish I could find a pic of them - they have a toe loop and a swirl of silver crystal like things over a black elastci over the ankle area (with a silver sole) - okay now that sounds pretty gross? And they were half price ($25 instead of $50) - now they also had them in red - and altho I don't have a lot of red stuff I am thinking I might go back and get the red pair too??

Of course all this shopping got dh, ds and I to the nursery place too late (they were closing at 5) so I was very upset that I still have not found my 'tree' - I cannot do any planting until I have everything plannned out so for now the other bushes are sitting on the front garden patch in their containers - must remember to at least water them tomorrow!

I think I ate too much today? For some reason I feel puffy - maybe too much salt? It was hot and humid today and I did a ton of walking so maybe that's it? Oh ya we also got a PATIO SET on sale - even tho our patio is not quite ready yet - it was a good deal....we are also planning on a new bbq in the very near future.

Can't believe it's monday tomorrow and back to work UGH! At least I did pack up my goodies - I know being prepared for me is half the battle!

Frouf
Old 07-10-2006, 08:37 AM   #139  

Good morning. Frouf, that sounds like quite an exciting weekend you had! I hope you were able to get some good rest along with all the fun. Good luck with the cruise clothes and bra shopping.

I slept horribly last night; didn't go to bed til around midnight, woke up at 1:00, then at 4:00, then had to get up at 6:00. It's going to be a bad day, I already know, because when I got here the VAX (classified engineering computer system) was down and the person who usually fixes it is gone. They're waiting for someone else to get to work. Meanwhile ...

Scale was a solid 143.0 this morning so at least that's some good news. I told Erin and Shaun we would go out for dinner tonight and for them to decide on the place. I can find something suitable no matter where we go, I'm sure.

Well, on with the day ...
Old 07-10-2006, 08:57 AM   #140  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Good morning - I too am at work - went to bed around 11 pm - but had a hard time falling asleep - I was up a couple of times - mostly cuz dh was up - he is a very very light sleeper - heard him creeping about and resting on the loveseat in our bedroom nook! Dragged myself out of bed around 7:15 to start the day. Dh and ds also up early cuz little ds is going to Aviation camp today - very excited! (remember he is planning to be an astronaut!). This camp takes place at the Aviation Museum - and on thursday he gets to go up in a Cessna! Only challenge is the place is way across town and dh needs to fight morning traffic to get him there by 9 am! (we also had to rush out and get ds a new backpack last night - got quite upset when he realized all he had was either 'bob the builder' or 'buzz lightyear' - both of which were too BABYISH and no way was he going with those! wow!)

Kathy - I think you just should have stayed home in bed today - hope they can fix the system - I guess that might affect your work schedule??? I dared not get on the scale this morning - I had a run in with some olives last night (and salty ginger sesame marinade) and felt very puffy (even my rings are tight today) so I shall try to 'water' myself a bit today.

Speaking of which it is already pretty warm out and as we didn't get any rain last night - we shall be getting some later this afternoon/evening - and for the next couple of days - whooppee!!! Still no plants actually 'in' the ground but they shall get watered by the rain I guess!

I am now having breakfast - I got this fat free/sugar free yogurt (Source) and the flavor is CHOCOLATE CHERRY FONDUE - I was a bit leery (esp cuz I usually have yogurt for breakfast and this did not sound like a breakfast flavor) and I am having it now and it is STUPENDOUS! Very nice light cream chocolate flavor - but it is the chunks of black cherry that really add to the experience. I might even get dh, the resident chocoholic to try some- that would be amazing if I could get him to eat yogurt!!!

Planning on going to the gym after work - need to work on getting to those first 10 lbs!

Later,

Frouf
Old 07-10-2006, 09:04 AM   #141  

Good Morning chicks,
well after a longggggg bus ride I made it here. Im enjoying a quiet morning so nice. After I get off here Im getting my dvd out and doing my WATP and then having a healthy breakfast then hitting the mall beside me.. Dd and I are going to a fruit and veggie market tonight after she gets off work..can you belive im excited to go to a fruit and veggie market?? shows you I live in a very small town..none even close to me.
Where the heck is Vickie?? Hope everything is alright?? She didnt mention going away did she?
Melissa, Im like Kathy..except I have never tried a pg test..went to the drs each time. But the puking every morning gave me away before I tested positive each time. haha
Frouf the weeping pea shrub you want is it a caragana tree?? I love those..and want one for my backyard as well. Ive also seen weeping flowering crab trees that I love as well...thats why I dont have either ..i have to choose between the two.
Kathy, why dont you try growing your own tomato plant. from seeds..the growing season you have (like all year long haha) you should be able to start one now .
Sandra Im sure that pic will be fine...sleeves or no sleeves. Too funny how everyone feels about sleeveless. I wear sleeveless around the yard...I dont care what the neighbours think but if I go out..I change. or throw a top over.
Paula thats a great yard sale..
Mattandgabbysmom, an iced coffee sounds so good! I love them. Way to go on avoiding the fries too.
Ok IM off to do my dvd here....put it off long enough haha
Have a great day everyone.
ttyl
Old 07-10-2006, 09:07 AM   #142  

Morning Frouf,,just noticed your post and had to add Ive had the chocolate cherry fondue.. I got mine in a pkg of yogurt called dessert selections..now with a name like that I couldnt resist. I liked all of the flavours in it. My favourite was apple/vanilla with cinnamon. ( forgot the actual name) but it sure was good. I couldnt believe how good they taste and only 50 calories in each one too.....wow!
Old 07-10-2006, 09:14 AM   #143  

Good morning, I am also very tired, dd got me up at 5:45am. Not much planned for today, I will probably take them to the lake, ds is getting very brave he actually dunks his head under water, last year if you splashed water in his face he acted like he was drowning. DD is blowing bubbles in the water which is also a start. Suppose to rain here also tonight and for the next couple of days so I figured those will be good days to clean out the closets.

Kathy hope you get some rest today, and being the computers are down I hope your day doesn't get more stressfull.

Frouf your ds must be so excited to go to Aviation camp. Too big for Bob the builder & Buzz lightyear, didn't you know that was in style when he was 5, come on mom he is now 7 My ds is now fascinated with Superman he keeps watching the original movie on HBO on demand.

Sandra i am actually doing leg exercises in the lake, what fun.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:18 AM   #144  

p.a. we must of been posting at the same time, you inspired me to go to the library and see if they have watp dvd's and try them out.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:25 AM   #145  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm here and have been reading and trying to hang on to the wagon with both hands and 10 fingers and 10 toes. Life is seriously trying to throw me some curves right now and I'm desperately trying NOT to use them as an excuse to give up. It's what I'd tell all of you. That's part of why I've not been posting. I feel like a fake for trying to advise any of you when I am not doing what needs to be done myself. Also, my hormones are all out of whack and my normally extroverted personality was just gone. I remain committed to dealing with this whole experience naturally and I'm hoping that healthy eating and exercise will do the trick.

I'm very, very crazy buzy. I'm still trying to support Jim. The menopause symptoms are bizare and difficult to deal with. All that said, I'm a newbie today with loads of grim determination. I'm hoping the joy and enthusiasm will return as I start to become successful again. When I get off of here, I'll be going on to the treadmill. It's the only way. I cannot count on my pool season here to help. That just has to be extra exercise...although a kind I enjoy.

Saturday and Sunday were wild getting ready for Sarah's christening and for yesterday which was the actual event and party. My Niece loved the angel (as you all said she would) and we had a beautiful day. I ate mostly Core but not all. I tried to limit the non-Core items. It wasn't too hard because I am ready for today to begin again.

So I know I can't catch up with everything but I know there was some terrific losses. I'm going to go back to look for those so I can celebrate those with you.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:35 AM   #146  

Hi Vickie, I am glad you are Ok, don't be so hard on yourself, I can't begin to tell you how many times I have fell off the wagon before. Everyone is here to support you so don't ever feel like a fake, you try your hardest, we are all doing the same battle and it is not an easy one. Glad you had a wonderful time at the Christening and your niece loved the Angel, it is beautiful.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:53 AM   #147  
Southside White Sox Fan

Angela, I hope you're continuing to feel better with your meds. I knew someone who had the scope. It wasn't pleasant but she felt much better afterwards.

Kathy, I'm sure you'd love a weekend in Chicago in October. It's usually so beautiful here then. When was the last time you saw a tree with leaves all orange and red! Bummer about your bike.

Frouf, despite my blue mood, I did laugh at your mashed potato post. I, too, have a love affair with mashed potatoes. I've been putting FF sour cream in mine and chicken broth and they taste pretty darned good. Did you know that lo's will freeze? I do it all the time. I put them in 1/2 cup containers and then I have them to go with lo whatevers! Have you found a bra yet? You must go to Lane Bryant. They have the bestest sexiest bras around in our sizes and they fit like a dream. The have pretty colors and patterns too. I highly recommend the trip for you if one even if one is not nearby. Wow Frouf! for being 8.2 pounds down and probably more by now! You are going to be the cutest Frouf ever on the cruise. I just know that your dedication to the gym is making a big difference. Did you sign up for 3 months? I never heard of that brand yogurt but you surely make me want to eat it. I guess it would be Core. I don't think we have it here.

Paula, awsome yard sale results! I'd have celebrated too.

Patti, I'm here! I love fruit and veggie markets. I need to go again. Maybe I'll have Jim check the papers.

Melissa, I've never been to a Pampered Chef Party but I hear it's very lucrative to be a demonstrator. Maybe you'd enjoy that. Are you hearing the pitter patter of a tiny guitar player this morning?

Sandra, on your FABULOUS loss! I couldn't tell exactly how much you lost but you're lower than you've been in a long time. I know you must feel so proud of yourself. Keep up the great work!

Nikki, my parents showed love with food too. I'm still having a hard time seperating those emotions.

Well, that's as caught up as I can get. I must get on the treadmill by 9:00 so that I can eat breakfast, shower, and get Jim to therapy on time. Then errands.

Thanks for missing me. I still don't feel myself but I'm trying.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:34 AM   #148  
focused and aiming

good morning. i'm up early getting ready to go back to the dentist. i think i have some cement where it shouldn't be around my crown. it's been giving me fits. they are working me in this am.

frouf, i'm glad you, dh, and little ds enjoyed the touring and shopping. what kind of tree are you getting? we almost bought one of those maple trees that turns the pretty pinkish color in autumn but decided not to get it. we enjoy seeing them all over town, though.

kathy, you're going to enjoy going out to eat with the kids. that will be a treat for all 3 of you. i don't mean anything about judd. it's just good every now and then to have time with just the kids.

patti, have fun at the market. i get excited about them, too. we stopped at one sat on the way home from the shoot. i got some beautiful bundles of green onions.

nikki, don't you just love doing those aquatic exercises?

vickie, it's good to have you back. you are needed here and missed. i am glad you're going back on your treadmill. i think we have to have some kind of committed routine, don't you? june 16 i weighed 199.4 at ww. last friday i weighed 186.4. i am weighing here at home (my scales are with the ww scales) and i weighed 185.6 yesterday am. the weight is melting right now. the diet pills and water aerobics are helping me a lot to get past my yo-yo point. i was afraid i'd feel like i was cheating, but i don't. i need help.

got to go get dressed for the dentist. i'll be back later. have a great day, everybody.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:03 AM   #149  

Sandra, I know what you meant about Judd. It's nice to have him gone for a while and to do things with just the others. When he's home, Shaun is pretty much ignored (by him, at least) and like I told myself last night, I should be making more of an effort to make him feel special. As much as I want him to get on with his life, these last six weeks are going to be hard on us both.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:14 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 185/157/145

Default Beware of the Boat Part 2

Good morning ladies!

First thing, I just wanted to say THANK YOU so VERY much for all of your support regarding my little shorts issue. I ended up going, bearing my legs, and had a great time! You all, of course, were right when it came to just going and having a great time. No one cares about how I look buy myself...So yes, it was a much smaller issue than I thought it would be. Thank you again, so very much!

I hope you all have a great Monday!
Closed Thread