Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 04:05 AM   #61  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf, it does seem like your plans are really starting to gel. When do you depart on the first cruise and where are you going? I guess you had a night on Saturday like I'm having tonight. I hope you enjoyed your combo celebration and the Japanese restaurant. Did Joel enjoy his gift? You had me laughing out loud at the thought of you driving home like a crazy Frouf with the ice cream cake.

Saundra, I hope you all enjoyed your day at Alexandria Bay. What did you do?

Poor Kathy! I would have been furious at Shaun too. I cannot even imagine what he could say in defense of himself. Is he really moving out? Frouf, has a great point about him living next door with the trashy people! I really hope that you were able to calm down enough to enjoy your party. You put so much thought and preparation into it that it would have been a shame for you not to enjoy it.

Wendy, welcome to our little corner of the world! I've been doing Core now since September of 2004 so I hope to be able to help your through your startup phase!

Sandra, I just knew that darn cell phone was going to be in the car! I'm glad you found it because it is a real pain to cancel everything and start over. I left mine on the commuter train once. Jim picked me up, I missed it, we went straight to cancel it and get me a new phone, and by the time we got home some good citizen had called to tell me he had it and would return it! Too bad I had already cancelled everything. He was clever. He called the first number in it which was my friend Amy and gave her my cell phone number so she would know who's phone he had. Then she called me and gave me his number. Nice to know that there are still good people out there.

Melissa, it was great of you to make a special effort to recognize your Dad yesterday. I'm sure they are going to love being invited to your home. How's the job hunting going? Any good leads. I think about your job search every once in a while but forget to ask you.

So that catches me all up Girlfriends! I'm not sure what I'm going to do now. Maybe I'll just play some Pogo games for a little while. I have WW in the morning and we have the sprinkler company coming to repair a geyser leak in our system. I've got a hair cut/color/highlights scheduled for after lunch and we are still hoping for the pool guy to show up. We are really busy this week. Only about 9 days left to get organized before Jim's surgery.

I'm guessing that I won't be back until much later this morning. I really don't want to go to WW but I must. The first day back is going to be the worst.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:24 AM   #62  
Southside White Sox Fan

It's almost 4:30 and I'm going to see if I can go back to bed. I hope you all have a great day.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:23 AM   #63  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well, I never went to bed. I can hardly see straight so I'm going on to my lovely recliner to catch a snooze. Maybe I'll weigh in and maybe I won't.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:38 AM   #64  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, all! It's going to be a pretty day here -- a scorcher for sure (98°F) but still pretty. I'm at work and about to get started but thought I'd check in. Vickie, I hope you're sleeping soundly by now. It's a rotten feeling to be tired but not sleepy. That happens to me often.

I slept from 12 til 3, then 4 til 6, so I guess I'm good to go until tonight. I started to stay home but decided I had better not. Thursday we are going to the inlaws' house to watch Ainsley (niece) have her swimming lessons. MIL hired someone from the Fort Worth parks dept. to come to her house every afternoon for the lessons. Thursday we're all going to dinner at Texas de Brazil, which is one of those "meat" places (you know what I'm talking about, don't you?) so we thought that should be the day we go watch her swim. Erin is going to babysit for her and Shelby, her little sister who is 18 months old. I think they're leaving on Saturday so Thursday will be our last outing with them. And then in late July we'll be going to visit them in Colorado Springs where they should be settled down in their new house. I think it's like 4,000 sq. ft., three stories, with FOUR full baths. That would be lovely -- no waiting time! Anyway, we're looking forward to the trip.

Nothing else is new. I haven't talked to Shaun because I don't think he has come home yet ... at any rate, I haven't seen him. I did leave him a message this morning to call me, and I will discuss him finding living arrangements that are more suitable to his lifestyle. I'm sure he will say "I'll clean it up" but that might not be good enough this time. I plan to spend the first 30-45 minutes after getting home each afternoon this week upstairs working on it. I'm not going to devote TOO much of my own time, because I have plenty of other things to do besides clean up after someone who has absolutely NOTHING else to do all day long. There is no excuse at all for a mess; if anything, those two rooms should be the cleanest and shiniest rooms in the entire house! GRRRR!!

Okay, now I really should get busy. I'll check in later.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:22 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Oh Kathy, does it ever end? Thank goodness that you're having a nice visit with in laws at least. You must put your (good) foot down, and lay down the law with Shaun. You do NOT deserve the disrespect that he shows. You allow him to live in your home, and he must have rules. Geesh, it makes me angry. I know how lucky I am with my boys.

Vickie, so glad you had fun yesterday. Sorry that you got up so early. It's a lousy feeling, and I do hope that you are asleep now. I had my colour done on Friday and it felt so good. I'm sure that you'll be feeling great this afternoon too.

Sandra, glad you are enjoying the baked oatmeal and that it helped you have a great OP day. Isn't it fun just to socialize and relax? We don't do a whole lot of that, and I miss it sometimes. If only sisters were closer
We had a great day yesterday with Adam. The only thing is, it was very hot there, and even being near the water didn't help. We worry about Adam with his MS, because heat is not good for him. We wound up doing a boat ride on the St. Lawrence, and spent part of the time in the air conditioned section down below. They guys had a big lobster dinner and I ate salmon.

Melissa, glad that you spoke to your dad. I know that he doesn't always react the "right" way, but you are doing a good thing. I'm sure dinner with fil was fun.

Oh, I bought a two piece bathing suit at Walmart. It's a Catalina, and I was surprised. They don't have that kind of selection at ours. It's actually cute, and I even got my discount.

Frouf, did they enjoy the air show? How was dinner? On Saturday, we wound up not going to Prime 360, but instead tried Allium on Holland. It was really nice there and a little different. I had shrimp kabobs with apple salsa and polenta.

Wendy, welcome. We love core here and are ready for your questions.

My aunt just called, and my uncle had a fall at the home. They had to move him to the hospital for stitches, and they are keeping him there because his pressure is down. She was crying and very disappointed that she has to cancel. I really feel bad for her. I was actually making my roast when she called. She had to get off the phone because she was so down. I hope that she can re-schedule soon.

Sandra, when we were driving yesterday I saw "life is good" on a restaurant. You are everywhere!

I'm going to do a little laundry, and then I'll put on a soup. I might as well keep up the momentum.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:26 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 245/217/150

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Thanks

Thankyou for all the welcomes. I really appreciate it.

My first question: is about fructose. I read somewhere it was allowed. Isnt it a sugar?
Are Weight Watchers Yogurts core? They Have Fructose and Sucrolose (spenda).

What about Cane Juice?
Soy milk is core (both regular and FF) I bought lite because there was no FF in my store. It has cane juice.

What kind of Salad Dressing do you use? I am a ranch girl and usually have FF ranch in the house but ran out. And probably wont buy anymore until Friday.
Is FF Catalina or French ok? I usually have them in the house for the kids. but did not know if they were ok. I really dont like Italian. I use it for marinating chicken breast, but dont like it on a salad.

Yesterday went really well for me. It was day 3 on Core and I had used all my Flex points on Friday and Saturday. So I had to stay core Yesterday. And I did.

B ~ Cantelop, LF Ham, scrambled eggs(1 whole and 3 whites) cup Soy milk 2 tsp Safflower oil.
S ~ PopCorn
L ~ Chicken Breast (Grilled), Core Pasta Salad(WW pasta,FF Ranch and FF Italian, Cuc, Tom,Bl Olives)
S ~ Watermelon
D ~ Grilled Tilapia, Salad (lett, tom, cuc, Bl Olives, Chick peas) FF Ranch
S ~ Watermelon, Strawberries, Cantelop, Skim milk, Yogurt dip

I got in all of my requirements. And I figured out the points and found it to be under my regular points, is that normal?

Well, I will leave it at that for now. I will be back later!

Old 06-19-2006, 01:33 PM   #67  

Good Afternoon ladies, I have been MIA for a while, just trying to keep the kiddies occupied with activities in this hot weather we are having. We had a nice day yesterday for fathers day, spent the whole day in the back yard with the kids playing in the little pool & sprinkler and I barbequed steak & marinated eggplant. My 6 year old ds made his father a fathers day hat that he made him wear, that was too cute & funny. I get sad on Fathers day, dh's & my father are both deceased so it is a bittersweet day.

Frouf, it seem like your plans are really coming along, I am also a cruise virgin. Which cruise did you decide on. Did ds like his gift? Did the cake make it ok?

Kathy did ds call you back or is he in hiding, he knows why you called. I would have been furious too.

Wendy, welcome!

Sandra same thing happened to me with my cell phone, only mine was taken out of my bag & used, thank goodness I called them as soon as I saw it was missing, glad I went to use it, sometimes I can go days without using it. Glad you found it!!

Melissa great that you saw your dad yesterday & had a nice time with IL.

Vickie good luck with the pool & sprinkler guys, glad you had fun with baby sarah. Hope you got some rest, I hate when I wake up and can't fall back asleep, happens to me quite often. Good Luck at WW

Saundra hope your uncle is Ok. Don't you think sandra should patent the phrase "Life is Good" Like Donald trump did to "Your Fired"
Old 06-19-2006, 01:45 PM   #68  

Hi Wendy,

I'll try to answer your questions.

FF Ranch and Catalina are core.
I looked up cane sugar and 1tsp is 0 points, so i guess that's why the soy milk is okay. The ww yogurts are not core unless plain sf ff, but they are only 1 point. It sounds like you and core are a good fit, enjoy.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:48 PM   #69  

Niki, I agree, I think Sandra could be rich and share with us.

Sounds like you're having fun with kids. It's raining here now, so not as hot. I've really been busy with laundry and cooking. I just might have a nap later on.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:50 PM   #70  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Saundra - sorry to hear about your aunt having to cancel her visit - hope your uncle is okay! (At least you can still enjoy the roast?)

Dh and ds enjoyed the airshow - altho I understand both sets of runners are wet and mud coated? (dh is investigating how to wash them!). I understand little ds did start to CRY when the jets were flying around - due to the noise - and they had even passed out earplugs to the crowd (and this is the child that wants to be an astronaut?). Came home tired and cranky - but a bit of tv, and a shower and he was as good as new.

Had a lovely dinner out - I ate a lot - I was very hungry as I did not eat before I went which I should have (breakfast at 11:30, coffee drink at 2 pm - then nothing til 7pm!!). I had the sherbet but was able to avoid the ice cream cake - yes it made it home in one piece (7 minutes from bells corners Saundra!) driving like a crazy frouf!

Vickie - sorry about the sleep troubles - hope you got a good nap in. I also again had trouble falling asleep - and I am sitting here yawning like crazy. I feel tired, but then lights go out and I start thinking and worrying and staring into the darkness. Of course dh is beside me snoring away!

Is the pool ready for swimming yet? (last one in is a rotten egg).

Kathy - for goodness sake - YOU ARE NOT TO CLEAN UP SHAUN'S MESS - get him home - better yet go get Judd to drag him home - and make him clean it up spic and span! There is no reason on earth he is not able to take care of his own messes!

Niki - sounds like a fun father's day for all. Little ds did one of those 'fill in the blank' cards with pics - very funny to read. Dh's favorite food of course is "chocolate'...and favorite activity with dh and ds was 'shopping for chocolate!" ha ha ha

Wendy - I think both cane juice and fructose are sugar? You might also check the ff dressing cuz sometimes they have added sugar as well (to make them taste better cuz they're low fat - go figure). You might try making your own oil and vinegar dressing using your healthy oils! Keep up the good work.

Melissa - at least your dad knows you are thinking of him - I"m sure he will be thrilled to come over and visit!

Cruise coming together nicely (leaving sept 9 -83 days away - not soon enuf). My cruise buddy is so very excited as we filled in some online details today and discussed our plans for dinner sat night in Miami (Bubba gump's!). I was able to book our pre-cruise hotel - right near the port - also very exciting, and I"m ready to sail.

No news from Toronto gf - says she needs to speak to her dh about the cruise (i guess due to the $$ involved?). So I shall wait and see what she decides!

I am up a lb today probably due to last night's extravaganza - trying to stay focussed today - drinking water - and going to the gym after work!

It is a muggy gloomy day today - we are expecting rain!
Old 06-19-2006, 01:52 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 245/217/150

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Thankyou Saundra

Thanks Saundra, I appreciate the quick response. Thanks for answering my questions.

So far I think it is a good fit for me.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:12 PM   #72  
focused and aiming

well, i see that some of us have been having trouble sleeping. include me in that group. i guess it's just part of being a woman.

i went to my primary doctor today. my cholesterol is high so he's helping me lose weight. i am to continue on core (he's on core, too), take meridia, and come back to see him next month bringing my weight watchers card with me. talk about accountability!!! i am bound to lose weight now. life is good.

vickie, what a nice person to help you get your cellphone back. there are a lot of wonderful folks on this planet, aren't there? i made that banana oatmeal cake that angela/saundra posted. it saved me yesterday.

kathy, i've never heard of that restaurant, but it sounds like the kind of place i'd love to visit. enjoy your relatives. i'm glad you're going to colorado this summer. that will be a good trip.

saundra, i'm sorry your uncle was injured and your aunt had to cancel her visit. i know you were all disappointed, but your main thoughts are with your uncle. we don't do enough socializing either. archery is our greatest outlet. it was nice to just go visit this time and not hike the course. that's toooooooo funny about the "life is good" sign. i love it!!

wendy, i see your questions are already answered. again, i want to welcome you to our little chickie coop.

nikki, i'm glad you had a good father's day. i know what you mean by bittersweet, but my thinking is that our fathers are up there watching over us and smiling.

whoa!!!! wish i could get rich with it. but that phrase is already in a lot of places. a gf sent me a kitchen magnet that says it. i'm very happy that "life is good" appears in more places than "life goes on."

frouf, congratulations on going to gym today. keep chugging that water. the pounds will start melting away and you'll be feeling frisky on your cruise.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:38 PM   #73  

Sandra, I'm glad to hear the your doctor is taking good care of you. He sounds like a good guy. I know what you mean about our parents looking down at us. I've been known to look up and chat with my mom.

I think I figured out why I'm so beat. I washed my comforter today and that thing is sure heavy when it's wet. My laundry is in the basement and I've probably been up and down ten times today. Gee, maybe I actually earned AP's today.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:04 PM   #74  
Melissa

Hey everybody! Today has been an incredibly busy day. I'm wiped out and there's two hours to go. It should be pretty quiet though, and I don't plan on being very productive the rest of the day.
It seems like you're all doing pretty well. I've done well eating-wise today except I'm sucking on a coke. I know, I know.
I'm going to call DH and get him to make something for supper since he's at home today. At least I'm going to try!
Old 06-19-2006, 04:10 PM   #75  

Height: 5'7"

You know what? I am starting to wonder if I might have mental problems. I weigh 145 pounds and am 5'7" and am still trying to lose more. When I step back and take a look at the numbers, I start to think that maybe that's enough. I wonder why I feel as though I NEED to see 139 on the scale. It's puzzling.

I came home from work early; actually, I had to go to Costco for work snacks. Now I'm drinking a glass of white wine, just had two rolls that were LO from yesterday, and am wondering what's for dinner. Judd said he was going to leave early today too but he isn't home yet.

At least the house smelled like one big Bounce sheet when I walked in. Between all the Glade plug-ins and Airwick scented oil dispensers and Oust fans, I think you'd never know we had three dogs in this house.

Oh and Shaun still isn't home. You think I'm not starting to get really ticked?
Closed Thread