Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 09:42 PM   #46  
focused and aiming

would ya'll believe curtis lost our cellphone? it has to be somewhere in the house. we hardly ever carry it with us; and, of course, it's turned off so we can't give it a call.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:59 PM   #47  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Well Vickie - maybe a step stool up to the couch is in order? In matching oak of course! But I am glad you found a solution and I do hope it works out in the end.

Hope nothing serious with Cassie? Enjoy your babysitting duties tomorrow!

I do sure wish I was in chicago longer - but stranger things have happened - like missed or cancelled flights? Maybe closer to the time you can pm me your phone number if you like? and if the situation changes at least we can chat?

Party at Kathy's place - I hear the steaks are to die for!

And I agree with Vickie - biting would just be a first step - I suggest changing your phone number asap - and answering in a foreign language sounding confused if and when she calls!

Saundra - as you said re air show - my dh and ds aborted - got there a bit later than planned - no where to park except like 2 kilometres away and didn't think ds would make it (mostly on the way back). They ended up going to the Diefenbunker (dh volunteers there so they can just go in for free) and plan to rise bright and early tomorrow and hopefully get a dry closer parking spot! so what's the name of the new steakhouse? and your review please?

Patti - sounds like you have been a busy beaver - enjoy the beach party!

It sure is roasting hot here - so very humid and thick - I am pretty sure we will be getting rain soon!

I decided not to go to the fitness place today - but instead woke up, had a small breakfast and went for a power walk! I was planning to walk to the starbucks and back - quite a ways away - but as soon as I got outside (around 10 am) and saw how hot it was I changed my plan and went for a 'local' walk thru the neighborhood and our big park and back home (like a big oval/circle walk - about 40-45 mins)...anyhow I barely made it!

After the first 10 minutes I was dripping wet and clammy - there was a breeze - but warm and humid - by the time I was heading towards home I swear there was steam coming off of my head and I was just burning up - luckily I had brought a water bottle with me and made good use of it. Took a while to cool down - then jumped in the shower! AHH.

Off the to the hairdresser appt - my hair is WAY TOO SHORT - but the good news is it will grow - and I think given the hot weather I will surely be more comfortable. Then off to get my nails done (the palest of pale pinks!). My manicure lady friend has 'inherited' 2 cockatiels - from a couple she knows who are getting divorced! Neither partner wanted to keep them, and they knew she is the Mother Theresa of lost animals - so they are now in her shop! so cute chirping and walking about - cage door is open - then even sit on her shoulder! I must bring little ds by cuz I think he will love to see them!

And of course now she wants to go on the cruise too (this is becoming a regular party) - her eldest daughter was there - and she suggested the two of them go (at this point I'm thinking the more the merrier). She was a bit leery of hurricane season - but heck that's what makes it more exciting (and cheaper too). I guess they are looking into pricing and can decide for themselves - they would be fun to have around.

Did speak with my Toronto gf - she did look up pricing and airfare - she sounds a bit put off :

Her: Isn't Carnival like the 'party cruise line and a party ship?
Me : yes it is and I'm a party kind of a girl.

Her: isn't it hurricane season?
Me: yes it is but I don't care

She is sounding a bit negative already - checked prices and now says she wants an oceanview cabin all to herself - she did mention (as predicted) coming here to fly w/us if she goes - I told her there was absolutely no need - in fact there are tons more (direct even) flights from Toronto to Miami and one of the reasons we fly in the night before is cuz we can't get there in time on day of cruise departure (and we sure don't want to miss the boat!).

My cruising buddy did call this morning - we had a nice chat - I did mention the 'other friend' - of course being the sweet girl she is she didn't think it would be a big deal (I did tell her she was a bit high maintenance). I said I would tell my toronto gf that she hated her and didn't want her to come along - ha ha ha. Anyhow in the end I have decided I can't stop her if she wants to come - I did make it VERY CLEAR - that we were INDEPENDENT TRAVELLERS and there would be times I would choose to do my own thing, or relax on my own - she did ask what kind of excursions my friend and I were planning (I said probably some touring but mostly beach and snorkelling) and she seemed okay with that (she is an avid swimmer!). So we'll see what happens!

I am THRILLED TO REPORT as well that my tracker is now correct! I have made amazing progress this last week - I am almost embarrassed to say what I weighed at the beginning of the week - but surely the food control and exercise have paid off. Will try to keep up the momentum esp as I have the cruise to look forward to!

We did end up taking ds to movie tonight (as we have no 'resident sitters'). Saw the new Garfield - ate too much popcorn and now I am sure feeling queasy. (of course after Kathy mentioned those olives all I want now is big salty stuffed pimento olives! - not good!).

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 06-17-2006 at 10:04 PM.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:09 PM   #48  
focused and aiming

frouf, i am enjoying your traveling saga already and you haven't even gone yet. congratulations on being back on your tracker. i am happy for you.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:28 PM   #49  
focused and aiming

kathy. i got tickled at you when i read "So I said fuggitaboutit and got up." guess we're a pair, aren't we? i just don't know what kind of pair.

speaking of nanners. i'm wondering if i could thaw and mash a frozen ripe one for the cake. any thoughts on this?
Old 06-17-2006, 10:28 PM   #50  
Melissa

Frouf, it sounds like you are feeling better about the cruise and everyone coming along. I'm glad. And yes, we'll all look forward to cruising "through" you!

Vickie, I hope that you enjoy your babysitting duties tomorrow. I'm not sure what we're doing tomorrow.

Kathy, thanks again for all of your hard work with the recipes. It's going to be really helpful.

Sandra, you are so funny. Just dust yourself off. You sound resolved to do better tomorrow, and that's what counts. I hope that you find your cell phone too!

We made a giant mess in the house today, but I guess you have to make messes to get things cleaned up?? We even moved some furniture around. We have the spare bedroom but are trying to keep it open to be a nursery. I don't want to get it all set up (or used as storage) and then have to redo it all again. No thanks! Anyway, I need to put some more stuff away before bed. Otherwise I'll just lay there and think about it!
I hope that you all have great Father's Days tomorrow, in case I don't get back here. Good night!
Old 06-18-2006, 12:14 AM   #51  

Height: 5'7"

Holy cow, it's POURING out there! Judd and I just ran out and moved everything on the back patio up close to the house. I have 9-10 potted plants out there and some are in smaller, like 8 and 10-inch, pots which could blow away. The others are in large planters and they are okay. Anyway, the patio table has a glass top (yikes) so I'm concerned about that. The patio is covered but still -- wind, etc. Oh and the dufus next door who keeps his trash can by the side of the house ... I think Judd's gonna punch him out next time he sees him! One of the cans overturned and now there is trash all in our yard and all over the street. It'll look quite lovely when our guests arrive in the morning. The neighbor won't pick it up so we'll have to. I swear, these are the trashiest people I've ever seen.

Sooo, looks like lunch is a go. We have the steaks, corn on the cob, and rolls. We also got avocados, tomatoes, purple onions and jalapenos to make guacamole. The others are bring the other side dishes, drinks, and desserts. Now I just have to hope it isn't raining too horribly (although the grill is also under the patio cover) and THEN I have to hope not to overeat. I doubt I will though, because I don't feel all that spiffy.

I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. I'm not sure when I'll be on because I'll clean in the morning, have company all afternoon, and then the Mavs play tomorrow night.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:05 AM   #52  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Sandra, better luck today with your food choices. We call them nanners sometimes too! I hope you find your cell phone. Jim and I usually find ours in the car.

Frouf, I love your posts because they make me laugh! I will definitely give you my phone number so you can call when you are in Chicago. When you know the day, I'll try to keep our day unscheduled and if something bad happens, like a long delay, maybe we can drive up. I'm so proud of you for your commitment to exercise. I've always said that we can't do one or the other (follow the program OR exercise). To really get the weight off, we need to do both. Next week will be very busy for me but I'm determined to get exercising again. I'm also happy that it seems the cruise dilemma is resolving itself with the GF from Toronto. You made it clear that you will not be joined at her hip so you are now free to do whatever you want.

Melissa, you'll get those messes cleaned up eventually. What did your plans end up being for Father's Day? Will you see yours?

Kathy, I'm SO happy you got rain! Bad neighbors really stink, don't they? I hope you have a lovely party today. I'm sure that you are a grand hostess.

Jim and I will be having a busy day today. It's getting ready to rain here too and is supposed to be a high of 77. I guess it's an ok day to babysit. I'm a little nervous about baby Sarah since she is so tiny but I'm sure it will be ok. I've already decided to wear no jewelry or watch. She's so tiny and doesn't hold her head up yet. I get nervous about switching them from arm to shoulder and picking her up out of the swing. I certainly don't want to give her back to my Niece with a wobbly head!

I have to go shower in about 15 minutes so I can be ready to eat breakfast and leave by 9:30.

Last edited by Vickie; 06-18-2006 at 09:16 AM.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:16 AM   #53  
Card Carrying Princess

Happy Father's day to all the dads!

I am just wiped, not sure why I'm even up now? Did some more travel research (yes I booked our precruise hotel in Miami - very good price on easyclick!), and then read til 1 am! Do you think I feel asleep then? No I was tossing and turning til close to 2 am - and poor dh - he set the alarm for 7:45 so he and ds could get to the airshow early today - yes I did hear the shower and blowdryer - and was expecting them to come up and say goodbye but looks like they took off as soon as possible. So instead of lying there like a lump decided to get up!

I guess I have almost another whole day on my own? Isn't that amazing? but it is supposed to be hotter out than yesterday (is that even possible?). My first idea was to go for a walk - but my hips feel a bit sore - and I think exercising indoors today would be a better idea? I do have some of my old richard simmons tapes somewhere as well as the WW dvd so I shall do one of those if so inclined.

Otherwise need to go to store to return ds's white shirt (of course this will including some solo browsing of all the women's clothing.) Dh needs more white sports socks so I shall pick them up there! Will pick up some groceries - then must not forget to go t DQ to pick up ds' ice cream birthday cake this afternoon.

We are going out for dinner tonight - combo father's day/ds' birthday celebration (must make 'driving lessons' gift note to put inside!) to a japanese grill place restaurant. Food very good - and of course the show is lots of fun. I will probably eat most everything? (clear tofu soup, salad w/ginger dressing, shrimp appetizer, white rice, maybe fish or shrimp for main course with the stir fried veggies, instead of steak?, it comes with sherbet or ice cream - I will pass and I am not crazy about ice cream cake so will try to avoid that too!). I know the stuff is probably salty as well so will try to drink lots of water (or green tea?).

Sandra - any luck finding the cellphone? I once 'lost' mine - turns out I left it in some store in the mall (of course emptying my purse to find what I realy wanted?) - I was so relieved - but I had already called to cancel everything!

Melissa - good luck with all the organizing - I think keep the potential nursery clear is a good idea - any inkling as to color scheme? Is the room painted yet?

Kathy - sure hope your bbq is not rained out - and what about asking the neighbour to clean up his mess? (or is it not worth it?). I think we are now getting the heat you had a few days ago!!! Very hot, muggy and humid out.

Maybe I shall go and visit some nurseries on my own and get some plants? I was hoping to do this with dh tho?

My plan for the week is to try and stay organized and get some serious meal planning going - also hope to get to the gym 3 times this week, and need to work on my sleep hours!

Frouf
Old 06-18-2006, 09:54 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Good sunny hot morning to you all.

Adam will be coming over at about 11:00. He and Bernie will drop the car off at the body shop, as the 1993 Corolla is getting some work done. They'll come back here, and we'll leave for Alexandria Bay. It's a good place to be on a hot day. I do hope that the rain holds off until this evening.

Frouf, I'm sure if dh and ds left early, they'll be fine. It really was a good show. Natan was so sweet, and stuck it out till the end. Your little guy will love it. Your cruise plans sound great. Glad it's all working out for you, and with your determination OP, you're going to be ready to show off.

Kathy, thanks so much for the index. I'm going to be using it a lot, you are such an organized woman. Have a fun day. Isn't it ironic that you may be having a rain problem down there. Sounds like you'll be okay either rain or shine.

Vickie, have fun with Sarah today. I love them when they are tiny. My favourite thing is to cuddle a wee one to my bosoms. They stay little for such a short time, enjoy. Btw, happy to see that you have a solution for the furniture.

Sandra, hope you find your phone. I couldn't find an almost new eye shadow compact the other day, only to eventually see that it fell behind a shelf. I also wondered about using frozen ripe bananas and figure, why not? You'll really enjoy the finished product.

Melissa, planning a nursery can be so much fun. Leaving your room plain is a good idea. You'll have so much to look forward to. I also am wondering if you'll be seeing your dad today.

Patti, sounds like yesterday was fun for you. Guess you're having the heat too.

Okay, better go shower and get ready. Have a wonderful day out there.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:47 AM   #55  

Height: 5'7"

Whew, I am tuckered out! I still have 2-1/2 hours of cleaning yet to do but I'm sitting down for a while because I got hot. Actually the only things I'm going to do are sweep the tile and wood, and mop the tile. It is a pretty day so we're hoping it'll mostly be spent outside anyway. Judd and Zuki went to Home Depot and got some more plastic stacking chairs so that we'll have enough for everyone. We like to keep 10-12 of them for parties but had to throw some away after last winter.

I just went upstairs to take some towels and one of Shaun's rooms (how stupid that he is now spread out over TWO bedrooms) had the door open. Holy wa, it was a freakin' landfill in there! Cups, glasses, plates, cans, bottles, forks and spoons, fast food containers, chip bags, cookie bags, you name it and it was in there. I was absolutely LIVID! I marched downstairs and called him at his friend's house where he spent the night -- of course I had to leave a message. I am going to tell him that he is now officially de-invited to live here and he should find a place to stay for the next 9 weeks and 2 days. I will absolutely not allow it. You just can't imagine what it looked like, but this will give you a clue: I had to stop cleaning because I started throwing up when I found a container of avocado dip under the dresser. And believe me, the only way I knew it was avocado dip was because of the words on the container and that it was a putrid green liquid, rotten stinking something-or-another in there. I couldn't see putting it in the trash like that, so I dumped it down the sink and hence the gagging, etc. Lordy, I am furious! The worst part about it is that he's been lying, telling me he's working on it, nearly done, should finish up any day now. And he KNOWS we are having people over today and some haven't been here and what if they want to go upstairs? Well, believe me, they are NOT going to! NO WAY IN ****!

So that pretty much ruined my day right there. I can't stop shaking, I'm so mad. And I don't even care about what I eat right now. Judd just went to get us something, and I asked for a corndog and a coke. I will deal with it later. Or maybe I won't, who knows, but it sure won't be today.

Vickie, enjoy your babysitting! Don't worry about breaking her; I'm sure you're more careful than most new moms. Once you've handled her for an hour or two, you'll be slinging her around with no problem! I know you're already gone and won't even see this, but anyway, have fun.

Sandra, you remember last time when Judd went to Whiteman AFB he lost our phone? We have never found it. It was in a conference room and when he went back the next day, it was gone. We figured someone would have turned it in but they didn't, but also there have been no calls made on it. It's cancelled anyway. Good luck finding yours, and a very happy Father's Day to Curtis.

Melissa, I was also wondering what was up with your dad and whether or not you'd see him. I hope they don't mess with you today but at least you have your FIL. Your moving stories remind me of when I was little and my dad got transferred every year. We were pretty good at moving after a couple of times, but do you know that man wouldn't let anyone go to bed until every box was unpacked, pictures were on the wall, clothes hung up, dishes put in the cabinet, and boxes disposed of. By the time we went to bed, it looked like we had always lived there. Do you suppose that's where I got some of my neurotic tendencies?

Frouf, Happy Birthday to Joel and Happy Father's Day to Mr. Frouf. I hope you have a great celebration -- those places are among my favorites. It sounds like the cruise is shaping up so I know you're happy about that! Enjoy your "alone" day!

Saundra, enjoy your day with your boys and Happy Father's Day to Bernie! Alexandria Bay sounds like a nice place; I know absolutely nothing about it but the name is peaceful and pretty. I also hope your rain will wait until the day is over.

Ours lasted until maybe 3-4 this morning but it slowed down a bit. Since it's going to be 97 today, it'll be humid with all the wet ground but hopefully it won't be too bad. Oh and Judd did go next door this morning, knocked on the door and said "your trashcan blew over last night and trash went everywhere and you need to go clean it up." The guy did, but did a poor job of it. We have toilet paper or kleenex or something in plops all over our yard. These idiots don't even put their trash in a bag before putting it in the can, they just throw each individual thing in there. And it sits open on the side of the house, where animals can get in or rain will wet it down. Talk about stupid. Ugh -- we really despise them.

Okay, I guess I'm cooled off so it's time to start back sweeping.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:39 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 245/217/150

Height: 5'6.5"

Hello everyone, I am Wendy, I started WW on April 27 and just started Core Friday the 16th of June.

I am just jumping in if you dont mind...I do have questions. I want to make sure I do it right.

I will post my questions later, I have to go get dinner for the family.
Chicken Breast marinated with FF Italian dressing, Core Pasta Salad (whole wheat pasta, FF Italian and FF Ranch, Tomaote, Cucumber and Bl Olives)
and a side of Salad. I can not wait to eat.

Talk to you later!
Old 06-18-2006, 04:54 PM   #57  
Card Carrying Princess

Kathy - I think Shaun should go live with the TRASHY people next door - sounds like they have a lot in common!

I hope that by now you have relaxed a bit - but I can certainly understand your horror and anger! I too would have been livid (and if I wasn't having company probably would have gone over to his friend's place and dragged him home - make him eat that avocado horror thing!). How disgusting for a grown person to be so sloppy.

I am always adament about eating in other rooms of the house - esp in BEDROOMS!. I know the kids eat in the family room - attached to the kitchen - and sometimes in the den...and ds may have friends in the basement from time to time so we do find old sticky glasses down there -but I too go nuts if ANY FOOD is left around. I think I have freaked out my kids from a young age - telling them how bugs and cockroaches will come into their rooms if they leave food there. Ya maybe they're traumatized - but at least it works!

Glad the rain is gone and hope you enjoy your bbq father's day event.

I had a few hours alone anyways - did a bit of shopping, groceries - then a panic with the ice cream cake - trying to get it home. It is like 105 degrees out there - parked car in shade, turned air on full blast and drove home like a maniac hoping the thing didn't turn to soup in the back seat!

Now back in my cool house - getting father's day cards/presents ready! Just 'created' a certificate for ds for the 'driver's ed' classes he wanted - very funny as I used pics of the characters from the "Cars' movie! ha ha ha

Looking forward to my dinner out!

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 06-18-2006 at 05:12 PM.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:45 PM   #58  
Melissa

Wow what a quiet day! I know everyone is busy.
Thanks for asking about my dad. He coaches my brother's baseball team and they were playing in a tournament this weekend. Earlier this week I had asked him to bring the family for dinner last night but they couldn't due to baseball. Anyway, they had a game this afternoon and I went for awhile, delivered a card with a gift card to Macaroni Grill in it. I am going to make an effort to have them over in the next few weeks. I think my dad was so focused on the tournament that he wasn't too interested in Father's Day, but hopefully he appreciates the efforts.

Kathy, bless your heart. I hope that your day is going better and that you're having fun with your family.

Frouf, I hope that you're enjoying your dinner out tonight. It sounded like a tasty menu!

Saundra, did it rain on you? I hope not. I'm sure you're enjoying your family time either way.

Wendy, welcome to our little chatty board. We talk about everything, as I'm sure you can tell.

Well I better get some things done around the house. We took FIL out to eat tonight and I've not been nearly as productive as I wanted to be this weekend. Need to make a lunch so that I don't go haywire tomorrow. Have a good night everyone.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:33 AM   #59  
focused and aiming

curtis found the cellphone. it was in the glovebox. today i'm on core. i did great. we went to the same 3d tournament with the same concession stand. yesterday i just ate whatever they were selling. today i packed us a lunch. am i proud? you betcha. now i need to work on tomorrow.

melissa, sounds like you're having a productive day. a nursery? i am one happy "aunt-to-be." i'm glad you made contact with your dad. that's important.

kathy, i didn't realize ya'll had so much rain last night.

vickie, i just read your post. lol the cellphone was in the car.

frouf, i'm going to try to get to the gum 3 times this week, too. maybe we can "go together."

saundra, i used 1 frozen and one fresh banana. it worked. i've had 2 pieces today. saved me!

kathy, i hope things have settled down for you now. hang in there.

hi, wendy. ask away, girl. i'm sure folks here can help you find answers. this is a fantastic group.

we had a good time today at the tournament even though we didn't shoot. visited with a lot of folks. life is good. got to go now. it's late.

i'll catch you tomorrow.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:46 AM   #60  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! It's the middle of the night and I'm up because I can't sleep. I guess I was all wound up from my day. My stomach is burning like the old days before my Prevacid. We went to bed at 11:00 but I woke up from a bad dream and here I am!

I had a great day with Sarah and Ethan. Ethan is such a sweet boy and he really loves his Uncle Jim. Of course, Julianna was at her recital so it was a bit easier on me. I got to primarily concentrate on Sarah. I was nervous at first but it got easier as I went along. I haven't handled a babies head in probably 20 years. With all of her kids, my Niece has mostly handed them to me and taken them back when I was done. I wasn't even sure if I'd be able to pick her up and switch her to my shoulder. You know.....all the things you Mom's take for granted! By the end of the first feeding nature had taken over and I had her burping like a pro. It was a REALLY long day though. We got there at 10:00 and didn't get home until almost 5:00. Jim had to drive home once after Ethan went down for his nap to take care of Cassie since she could not have gone 8 hours without going outside. We ate dinner and then I called my GF to see how she was feeling. The chemo shots were rough on her. We are looking forward to her anniversary party on Saturday.

Well, that's what's up with me. Now I'll go see what you all were up to.
Closed Thread