Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 11:42 AM   #31  

Oh, I forgot to mention...I have very thick hair. It's fine, but thick, especially on the sides above my ears. Stylists are always surprised to feel how thick it is. It's also naturally curly, so left to it's own devices, it ends up looking like an umbrella on my head every day. I usually just scrape it back into a ponytail. That's about the extent of my styling. I don't even own a hair dryer, and probably wouldn't use it if I did have one. I do use a 75% less frizz, made for curly hair shampoo and conditioner, and it seems to help a bit. I wouldn't mind wearing it down if I could get it to stop fluffing around my face in a gigantic mushroom-like cloud, but I don't have the hair skills/patience to deal with it.

So far, 1 out of my 3 girls has hair similar to mine. The other two have baby-fine, super straight thin hair like my mom and sister.

Angela
Old 06-02-2006, 02:24 PM   #32  
Melissa

Hey, where did everybody go?

Angela, you go girl. I'm so impressed that you didn't have a donut. I hope that you have a special birthday!

Frouf, it sounds like you have quite a weekend planned! What fun things! The open doors thing sounds really neat, and I too was confused thinking you meant houses...that makes much more sense! Have fun tonight!

Rose, hope you are having fun out at your lunch. And don't worry about keeping up with us, we are some chatty chicks.

Saundra, your avocado salad sounds good. I am still trying to figure out how to buy an avacado.

Kathy, don't work too hard.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:36 PM   #33  

Height: 5'7"

Home now. I stopped by Babies R Us and got a bib to use as a pattern so I can make some accompanying pieces to the quilt. Now the fabric is all spread out and ready to be cut. Aaaannnny minute now ... yup ... just any minute.

I'd rather be taking a nap.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:50 PM   #34  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm back from my errands but I'm going to hang out with Honey Lamb. I'll be back later.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:03 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Melissa, using the avacodo at the right time is really important. I bought three, two of which I thought would be okay. It turns out they still weren't as ripe as I like. They should be almost black and soft, but not too soft. I used the mini processor, which helped. I added a bit of lemon juice, onion flakes and a small amount of ff Miracle Whip, turned out very good.

Frouf, I'm sure that you'll love Chicago. I'm waiting for your review tomorrow. We've never done the Open Doors, but my niece in Toronto does their's every year. We're going to the Almonte museum next week. They have an exhibit of the Toronto textile industry. It should be very interesting, and my grandfathers were both tailors and part of it in the early 1900's.

Kathy, you're an ambitious woman, and I can feel your delight. Have fun with your creative work. Of course, I know the pic's will come.

Vickie, is the furniture okay now? I envy all your family events. Mine come to few and far between, but at least I have my trusted phone calls.

Angela have a wonderful birthday. Isn't tonight the one with all the kids? Have a great time!

Rose, I'm sure that you're having a lovely afternoon out, enjoy.

Okay, off to open the mail,
Old 06-02-2006, 03:05 PM   #36  
Melissa

Thanks Saundra. I am going to the Farmer's Market tomorrow (well, I hope to go), I wonder if they will have some there? I have grown to love guacamole so I need to figure it all out.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:32 PM   #37  

Oooh, Farmers Market! Maybe I'll see if we can work that into the schedule. Judd needs to go to Nordstroms to exchange some things his mom bought him and we are going to Pottery Barn to buy new kitchen glasses. Excitement, huh? I'm sure we'll eat lunch out too so I'll have to make a plan and stick to it.

I'm going to tell him that Monday is the dropdead date for getting back on his plan. He's been sick so he can be excused for this week, but if he doesn't watch it he'll regain the 45 pounds he's lost in these last seven months and that will NOT be good. He had hoped to be at his goal by mid-summer. That'll have to be pushed out, I'm sure, to October (which is one year) but he can do it. He started at 290 and wants to go to 200 so he's only halfway there. Still though, he's tall so he doesn't look like he weighs 245. Anyhoo he would kill me if he knew I was talking about this, but I just don't want to see him start slipping and be back to square one.

I should see if he would do Core too ... although those SlimFast dinners ARE all Core, he just doesn't realize it. Breakfast and lunch would be his worst meals because he won't eat eggs and would only eat flavored oatmeal. I could make breakfast for him but I leave for work before he does and our morning schedules usually don't intertwine all that much. I'll keep thinking about it though.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:39 PM   #38  
Melissa

That's it with me too Kathy. I would have to make DH's lunches and breakfasts. He loves cereal (but he eats Kashi heart to heart which is close enough) but he also relies on granola bars, fruit bars, frozen lunches, etc. It will force me to do a lot more planning and cooking if we both do core. He can be a picky eater. I grew up eating hamburgers without buns but he still thinks it's weird. Stuff like that he has trouble with. I'm not sure what to do, but either way I'm going to stop buying some of the things he has gotten used to having around the house.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:39 PM   #39  
Melissa

I meant to add that I am sitting here sipping on a Canada Dry Raspberry Sparkling Water. It's funky, but I like it and it really helps with the hunger factor. And because I can't stand to drink too much at a time, it's lasting awhile.

I also meant to tell you all about our Biggest Loser competition...of course I lost nothing. Our boss is reporting that she lost 30 pounds in 5 weeks. I just don't know if I can buy that one!
Old 06-02-2006, 03:51 PM   #40  

Yeah, that's a little hard to believe. Plus, if it's true, it's going to come back. That's not healthy at all.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:56 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Kathy, Bernie eats core without even realizing it. Of course, he has his waffles in the morning, but we buy the ff ones. If you brown bag your lunch, won't Judd eat the same? I guess at the end of it, these guys are adults, and they have to take some responsibility.

I'm with you, Melissa. Even if it is true, that's silly. That kind of loss hardly ever stays off. You have to starve yourself to lose that much, which isn't healthy. Take it from a pro (many years of experience), it's just eating healthy and living healthy. Of course, easier said than done!
Old 06-02-2006, 04:04 PM   #42  

I make our lunches and we usually have LOs from the night before, so that might not be so bad. He'd rather have a sandwich though, and needs a lot more food than me. I can get away with pineapple and FF cottage cheese for lunch -- he wouldn't touch it. The worst would be breakfast but I could probably let him have cereal, milk, banana and he would be happy with it. He could also eat Special K bars (2 pts) or even have a SF shake, which would be 4 pts. If that's all he used in a day, he would be okay.

The dinners I make are always Core because there's no other things we eat: it's usually some sort of chicken or fish, a salad, steamed vegetables, corn on the cob, pinto beans, etc. Only when I make hamburgers will he eat the bun, but I buy wheat buns so they aren't bad. He's a mustard and not mayo eater too, so that helps. He also drinks plenty of water too.

Here's tonight's dinner: panfried flouder, pinto beans (cooking them now), sauteed yellow squash and onions, and broiled portobello mushroom slices with teriyaki sauce. I might even make some polenta cakes to see what he says about it.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:14 PM   #43  
Paula

Good afternoon everyone, I have to get ready for work in a few min but I just stopped in to read posts so I don't get behind. Craig left for his mom's house this morning. He took my car since it is new so I have to drive his old truck to work....yuck! Oh well, I don't have to go very far and I would rather him be safe on the highway and in the mountains. It is pouring down rain here right now. My dogs do not like having to go outside in the rain. They were most anxious to get back inside. I hope you all have a great weekend, I may not post again until Monday afternoon.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:26 PM   #44  
Melissa

I know that my boss did do a major change in the way she eats, because she used to eat everything fried, etc. but it seems like you would be able to see a 30 pound change?

Paula, have a good weekend at work. And be careful in the rain! I have to admit I sure do miss NC.

Kathy, your dinner sounds so good. I'm not sure what we'll be having, but I did buy some hamburger today. I think I'll call DH and see what he wants. Like that ever works!
Old 06-02-2006, 04:29 PM   #45  

How big is your boss, Melissa? If she's quite large, maybe you couldn't see 30 pounds? Or maybe she weighed fully clothed and with a full stomach before, and not this time? Who knows. I say, clap for her in public, and wonder in private.

I've wasted my entire afternoon on the computer. Ha ha ha!

Angela
Closed Thread