Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 09:40 AM   #1  
I've had a rough week...

S/C/G: 245/234.5/230

Default Just a few Questions

Since no one at the WW meetings seems to admit they follow the core plan I have a few questions!

Why is this plan successful for you?
How much success have you had on the core plan?

Thank you very much for your help!
Old 05-09-2006, 09:47 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I started in October of 2004 at 160, stuck with it TOTALLY for one month, and lost 12 pounds. After that, I basically maintained that weight until recently when I've lost a little more.

I am a journaler though, and can't stand not to write down everything I eat. I guess it's just a habit that I couldn't break. I do it so that I can balance my progress against what I eat ... and during times of loss or gain and I can look back in my journal and see what I was or wasn't doing at the time, then make adjustments. Most people here though don't journal and that's what they like best about Core. As long as you stick to the list, watch the portions, get in all the water and oils and other healthy guidelines, the program will work.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:49 AM   #3  
Melissa

What I like best (even though lately I have NOT been following the plan!!) is that on flex I was obsessed over how many points I had left for the day. I was always thinking about it. On core you don't really have to worry about it. Less stressful for me!
Old 05-09-2006, 10:06 AM   #4  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

I agree with the above - besides the WAY HEALTHIER way of eating on core (fruit, veggies, whole grains and very limited sugar or processed foods). On flex I would be hoarding points and using them for treats instead of on good nutrition.

I was also always obsessed w/counting and thinking about what I was going to eat. With Core I know I need never go hungry and keep a fruit basket and other core goodies in my office so if I need a snack I don't have to go crazy and reallocate my points in a panic!
Old 05-09-2006, 02:21 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

I started Core in September of 2004 and lost 45 pounds by my first anniversary. I've basically kept that weight off without losing any more but it is NOT the program's fault. I've had a variety of health/emotional issues in the last 7 months that have left me less than dedicated. I've continued to eat Core, though, and have not gained back more than a couple of pounds which I think is MARVELOUS!!! I still have 120 pounds to lose and I intend to do so by following the Core plan with the helps of my friends here.

Here's my 2 cents worth. I do not journal but when I am being successful I DO track (on the tracker provided by WW) the main components; healthy oil, fruits and veggies, milk, WPA's used, and AP's earned and used. I also religiously drink 8 eight ounce glasses of plain water each day and try to get more if possible. I'm convinced that this is necessary with all the fiber and whole grains that we consume. When I do all of these things AND exercise at least 3 times a week, I lose weight.

I love not weighing, measuring, and tracking. Having said that, I try always to be aware of what one portion of any food is and I try to start with one portion. If I'm still hungry then I have more. That's one of the greatest beauties of Core....if you are still hungry, you may eat more. I was ALWAYS hungry on Flex because I would not choose wisely and I never ate my fruits, veggies and milk.

You should check out our recipe board especially if you have a hard time getting in fruits and milks. We have some absolutely to die for smoothies that help you get in these items.

I hope this helps.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:07 PM   #6  
I've had a rough week...

S/C/G: 245/234.5/230

Thank you all!!

This definately seems like the plan to me! I too save my points for "Treats" and thusly have not been eating any healthier really...
Old 05-09-2006, 03:21 PM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

You got it!!!!! It's also easier not to go off plan for me because I'm not starving all the time.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:00 PM   #8  
banned

i have a question about the original post... why wouldnt somit admit to core??
Old 05-09-2006, 08:02 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

'... why wouldnt somit admit to core??"

what do you mean, andrea?
Closed Thread