Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 06:11 PM   #106  
Melissa

Kathy bless your heart. I hope that you feel better tomorrow, and that you can sleep tonight. I hope that on top of everything you aren't getting sick!!

I'm so ready to leave this place. If I have to listen to babies crying much longer I might yell. Hopefully they'll be done in the next 10 minutes.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:34 PM   #107  
focused and aiming

melissa, i'm hungry, too. wonder what's up with this? i'm glad you get to leave early friday.

kathy, i hope you can get back to normal soon. i'm feeling a bit more normal today. i wish i could send you some "normal" pills or something.

i just came in from pruning/planting and took a shower. now i'm thinking about throwing on some clothes and going to walmart for more plants. don't know if i have the energy left. guess i'll find out in a few minutes.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:20 PM   #108  

Hey chickies,
its so cold here,,,but Im bundling up and taking my dog for a walk. There are talking the *S* word for tomorrow.........hopenot hopenot hopenot. I was planning on transplanting my starter plants to my greenhouse this weekend.
Sandra and Kathy, you guys are making me feel so jealous with your planting flowers already...I stil lhave to wait about 2-3 weeks.
Vickie Im glad Jim got a good report fromt eh dr.......
Melissa congrats on the A you deserve it after all your hard work.
Ok i better get going or I wont do it.........dont forget AI tonight!!
ttyl chickies,,,,,,,
Old 05-10-2006, 07:23 PM   #109  

Height: 5'7"

Patti, it's in the 90s here and we've had temps over 100 already this year. I really could have used more of a winter season. Not as much as you had, but at least something!

I can't wait for AI tonight!
Old 05-10-2006, 08:50 PM   #110  
Melissa

Well I had a little bit of a meltdown for supper, since it was after 8 when I got to eat. I ended up having a sandwich and some chips, and am making some soup!! I have got to start eating more on these long days.
Anyway, I had a few bites of the dreamsicle and boy is it good!! I will say it is a little lumpy because my cool whip wasn't defrosted before I folded it in. But I used strawberry jello, vanilla pudding, and put pieces of strawberries in it. Very yummy!! I recommend it.

Sandra, sounds like you've had fun today. I hope that you aren't pushing yourself too much!

Patti, I can't believe that you might be getting snow! I couldn't do it. Congrats on getting out in the snow to walk!
Old 05-10-2006, 09:59 PM   #111  

Holy smoke, I am FLABBERGASTED! I've been an Idol watcher since Season 1 and I've never seen anything even CLOSE to this! Not even when LaToya London was sent home, which I thought was bad enough. I'm glad it wasn't my guy Taylor, but I don't think it was a reflection of last night's performances. However, I guess the votes just weren't there.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:12 PM   #112  

Kathy, my dd phoned me long distance as soon as it was announced........shes heartbroken...I felt so sorry for him..he was shocked!!!! Im sure hes going to have a great career ahead of him though. Its always the good guys.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:31 PM   #113  

Oh, I know! As soon as I saw his face, I just wanted to cry. He was more shocked than anyone! I'll bet he has a contract before the week is over though. With David Foster and Tommy Mottola knowing his name, I have no doubt his career will take off immediately!
Old 05-10-2006, 10:55 PM   #114  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Okay - like who got voted off? Name please? (I did not watch tonight) watched "The Amazing Race" in Thailand this week - gorgeous place!

Kathy - I too hope you are not getting sick on top of everything else! Are you off of the pain meds now? could this be withdrawal stuff?

Sandra - it's so funny to me when you talk about a senior center - like I think you are going to visit some old people - and not that you are participating - not in a bad way - just you seem so young and young at heart - I imagine them sending you away and telling you to come back when you've 'matured'! ha ha ha

I agree Saundra must be in Niagara Falls? altho I also thought the trip was coming up later?

Vickie - yes I should be a bit more 'lazy' I guess? I should know in the gov sometimes if you wait a while things either recitfy themselves or disappear! What was I thinking?

And it seems to be hairdo week on the Core Board? I also have an appt on saturday for root color and cut! Can't wait. Now it seems I am also doing roadie work in between hair appt and dd's dance competition. Good says ds - when you get home from hairdresser you can drive me and equipment downtown (4 pm) then take Emily to her dance thing! Ya sure - no problem why should I get a break or rest on the WEEKEND - silly me what was I thinking?

I am taking friday off as well as she competes friday morning - I kinda know where I'm going but the info says something about 'building' a stage next to the main stage? which leads me to believe this might be outdoors? which may be a MAJOR PROBLEM cuz we are expecting rain this weekend? I sure hope I'm wrong! And I am a bit anxious about driving there early fri morning in rush hour traffic! YIKES!

Patti - where in heck is the snow coming from? I too am very anxious to start planning - altho garden still needs to be 'cut' and planned! I guess this weekend is a write off - but we have a long weekend coming up (Victoria day) so hopefully the garden will happen then!

Melissa - I too had a dinnertime meltdown - not sure what that's all about? I am not proud of myself - but tomorrow is a new day? The dreamsicle sounds very yummy!

dh not home from drumming but I shall start getting ready for bed!
Old 05-11-2006, 12:24 AM   #115  
focused and aiming

patti, curtis is telling me i rushed it planting here in montana already. i hope not.

melissa, i melted a little, too. i used 7 wpa's today. i had popcorn for my 2nd time this week. i guess i was hungry cuz of working in the yard. i was really tired when i finished but i'm good to go now. i hope i have a loss friday. i haven't used all my wpa's for the week but i've used several.

kathy, we were shocked, too. and we're taylor fans. i'm going to use that cd of his to help me lose weight. i think trying to dance to his songs should do it, don't you?

patti, i agree chris will have a good career. the idol cd's coming out toward the end of may. he'll be singing "walk the line" on it.

frouf, we watched ar, too. thailand is beautiful, isn't it? ohhhhhhhhh, thank you my dear friend. that's a wonderful compliment. curtis and i try to stay active. we'll be climbing lolo mountain this saturday shooting archery targets. i hope you can find dd's stage all right and don't have too much trouble with traffic.

i got the okay from the doctor to do almost everything i want cept hot tub and bowl. i go back the 22. maybe i can start bowling then. i'm wanting to compete in bowling and archery at the montana senior olympics. i'm a bit worried about my bowling. oh, well. i'm bowling more for the socializing than the medal.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:32 AM   #116  
focused and aiming

frouf, i don't think we've answered your question. chris was voted out tonight on ai. he and kat were in the bottom 2. taylor and elliott were the top 2. we were expecting either elliott or kat to be voted out. never dreamed it would be chris.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:05 AM   #117  

I talked to Judd a little while ago and we were discussing my going back to work. He thought I was going on Monday and told everybody. Now that I'm thinking about it, I might just do that. That means going to the doctor tomorrow to get the release note and faxing it to the disability company ASAP. I think as long as I don't overdo it, and if I'll get my butt up this weekend and try to keep a regular wake/sleep schedule, I should be able to. I can feel bad at home or feel bad at work ... either way, I think it'll be quite a while before I'm normal again and can't stay home forever.

Sandra, I watched the replay of Chris' face on the news a couple of times. The shock is just heartbreaking! I just can't imagine what people are thinking! I voted for Taylor about 15 times and will continue to do so until the end. He's my favorite, and I'll buy his music afterwards. We like the CD we got and I'm glad you do too. If we do our dance moves like he does, we'll definitely lose some pounds AND inches!

I got in all my 20 points and most of the water today so that's good. I'll try tomorrow to push more water. 90% of my foods are Core but I'm still going to count the points for a while to make sure I'm getting enough.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:53 AM   #118  

I can't believe my favorite Idol has been voted off, I think I had the same expression on my face when they said his name. I don't have any idea who is going to win, this is one is tough.

Weather here in NY is real crappy, rain all day yesterday, cloudy & damp today and some bad rain tomorrow. I bettter get moving today, have to do grocery shopping, I am out of alot of my Core foods. I did pretty good my first week, I lost -2.4 yippee.

frouf I am also an Amazing race fan, but since they switched it to Wednesday
I forget it is on because I watch Lost. I watch the reruns on The Game Show channel.

Kathy I am jealous, I wish it would warm up here, 90 sounds real nice, it is going to be 56 and damp today.

Melissa I was hungry all day yesterday, I don't know what was up with that. Seems like all I wanted to do was eat, nothing was satisfying me, I did use a few point but I tried to eat Core.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:03 AM   #119  

Good morning! I got up and will try to stay up for a while. I need to make a few calls and decide what the best "return to work" scenario will be, but I guess I should wait until people get into their offices.

I just ate my cereal so I'm on track for now.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:45 AM   #120  
Melissa

Morning!
I couldn't believe Chris got voted off last night. I'm more upset about him losing than any other "idol" in any season. I think he's great and I hope that someone signs him quickly.

Kathy, don't push yourself, but do what you think is best. Could you go back for 1/2 days or something like that?

Niki, hopefully we won't be so hungry today.

Sandra, you are one active woman. I'm glad you got a good report at the doctor's appt.

Vickie, hope you have fun today at your hair appt.

Apparently it is hair week! I desperately need a cut. It's a wild mess today.
Hope that you all have core-iffic days!
Closed Thread