Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 02:48 PM   #1  
focused and aiming

Default Core Board #41

okay, here are new pages.

i want to start by jumping onto my soapbox. i am talking about myself mainly.

here's what i'm seeing.

1. i am half-heartedly doing program (whether it be core or flex) and have been functioning this way for several years now.
2. i stay around the same weight which is about 40 lbs too much.
3. i see other people join ww and lose a lot of weight. yet i stay about the same even though i "diet" almost all the time. seems they just hop on ww and lose and then hop off.
4. i get discouraged because i'm staying around the same weight and it's 40 lbs too much. i continue to half heartedly diet.
5. this cycle (or pattern) has been going on for several years now (literally!!)
6. it's almost as if i'm a "professional" half-hearted weight watcher who's stuck in a twilight zone of obesity.
7. i need to get serious and play like i'm a newbie to ww and "just do it!!!!" sometimes i think i'm too comfortable at tweaking program. maybe that's a problem for me. those who join and lose seem to eat sparingly. i don't.

i am going to rejoin ww this friday am. please don't accept any excuses from me for failure. what's the saying? "failure is not an option."
Old 04-04-2006, 02:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Sandra, can't find the new thread. Look likes you're on the mend, hope it lasts. I found it, yeh for copy and paste.

Kathy, did you eat yet? Try not to think about the tension in the house. Just think about yourself for a change, and let everyone take care of you.

Frouf, the Dr. Praeger's were at Herb & Spice on Bank and Lewis. The Wellington location doesn't carry them. They are $6.49 for a small box. I hope they are worth the trip.

Physio gal was very nice. Apparently, my foot suffered severe ligament damage and now everything is tight and stuck. The treatment is quite high tech, with a couple of different machines and then heat and massage. I didn't ever ask how long she thinks it will take, but I only have $500.00 coverage which is seven visits. Our lousy government doesn't seem to care if we hurt or not. Seniors get physio coverage, so maybe they'll put Bernie's name as the patient. I have some stretches to do, and I go back Thursday.

It's cold and windy out there, and I'm glad to be home and warm.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:03 PM   #3  
Melissa

Sandra, you go girl. I need to jump in there with you. Maybe you could move our pea pod on down the scale a little bit. I'm rooting for you.

Saundra, sorry to hear that your foot is giving you trouble. Hopefully 7 sessions will do wonders for you.

I am incredibly tired this afternoon and wondering if something is really wrong with me after all. I still think it's just allergies.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:05 PM   #4  

I'm here again....

Sandra, I read your notes, and I hear you hon. I re-joined every year in the past. I got my life time in 81, and yet always felt that once I would lose, I'd be okay. Well, this time I think it's different. I started in October enthusiastic as always, and yes, I lost the weight. The difference is, I am MORE bound and determined to keep it off. I think being retired is helping a lot. I have time to fill, and WW Core, is filling that time. I know that if you put your mind to it, you can and will succede. I look forward to the time that you too will be on the maintenance journey with me.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:05 PM   #5  
Melissa

Sandra, I saw a sticker on a car today that said "Life is Good." I was wondering where they bought it so that I could get one for you.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:07 PM   #6  

Melissa, I know and YOU know that you can do it! One day at a time, and you'll see the difference.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:18 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

I still haven't eaten anything but know I should. I hate to get up, go to the door, beg someone to come and ask me what I want but that's what I'm going to have to do. This gimpyness is no fun.

Thanks for the new pages Sandra. I feel for you! I've been doing the same thing too. For those who think it's easy to lose 5 pounds, let me say it ISN'T! I have a huge sense of entitlement, and also keep thinking it's no big deal. I also have to deal with people who sabotage me because they think they're being "nice" by bringing me all sorts of bad food. Well, good food that's bad for me! While I appreciate it, it's not helping me reach my goal. I should have been there two years ago.

I suppose I'll get up now and see if someone will bring me something. I never had my cheerios, but that just doesn't sound good to me. Ugh.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:07 PM   #8  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Kathy - you must get them to check on you HOURLY at the very least - where is your walkie talkie radio? and is anyone answering it? I can't imagine being left on your own like that! Wish I lived closer cuz I'd be stopping by at least twice daily! Poor you! And shame on your family for neglecting you like that! (I thought Judd was home today?)

Sandra - sounds like you read my mind. I think part of the problem for me is thinking about that WHOLE amount of weight to lose - seems overwhelming - so need to break it down in bits and pieces to make it seem more manageable.

And I wish I had the answer to continued motivation - we all start off like gangbusters and then fizzle - I think being here does help. When I see Vickie and Saundra and Kathy and Angela - and how determined they are to lose the weight (no matter how long is takes) and then keep it off! Good role models for the rest of us. I too feel like a slacker and sometimes I do get a 2nd wind and try to make the best of it - at least we know what we need to do!

Saundra - await full report on Dr. Praeger's burgers! so I can determine whether or not to go get some. Hope the physio helps 'unstick' you.

Waiting for the minutes to go by so I can head home - I am so tired. Hope dh is home in time to put chicken breast in oven? (dare I dream?)

Frouf
Old 04-04-2006, 04:23 PM   #9  

Judd's home and has been in the family room watching TV. The batteries died on Shaun's radio but it doesn't matter because he won't come downstairs while Judd's here. Silly, huh? I hate being in the middle of that. Tomorrow when Judd's back at work I'll be able to get Shaun to come down here and do some housework for me.

So finally Judd opened the door to let the dog come sleep with me, and I asked him to refill my water bottle and bring me some root beer. He said "you need to eat" and I said "yes, I know" but that's as far as it went. Maybe by dinnertime I'll be really hungry and will be able to stand eating. Right now when nothing sounds good, I don't think I'd be able to force it.

I hope everybody is having a pretty good day, in spite of us all being disgusted with ourselves and our lack of progress. Just think though ... we have each other to talk to and confess our slip-ups, and we all understand what the others are going thru. I hate to think of where I'd be without this board and all of you.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:24 PM   #10  

Kathy, mention to Judd that it would be nice if he got you something to eat? You've got to express your needs or you no one will hear you.

I picked up salmon fillets (yet again) at Farm Boy. I made a yogurt dill sauce from Turn Around and will grill the salmon later. I also put on some brown rice and am using my GE steamer. I'll add some sauteed onions and mushrooms to the rice.

I just got a call from my WW contact and am going to shadow tomorrow and Friday. I'll bring a notebook and try to write things down as I'm doing them. Maybe I'll be ready for solo one of these days.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:34 PM   #11  

I would ask him and I'm sure he would bring it, but I don't know what to eat. I think I'd just rather have him bring something, anything at all, instead of me having to think of and ask for specifics. I think he's used to me making all the decisions when it comes to food. After all, I make dinner and he eats whatever it is. He has no experience with thinking of what to make and making it; he has to be told step-by-step what to do and that's more work than I have the energy for right now.

At least you have new clothes to wear tomorrow! Aren't you excited about that!!
Old 04-04-2006, 04:59 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

saundra, thank you for your words of encouragement. i am very impressed with how well you've done with your weightloss. i am very happy for you. i'm sorry your foot is causing you so much trouble. i hope you can get all the therapy you need.

melissa, my gf just came over for a visit and to bring me some homemade chicken soup. (she's been in california the past week. we are going to go to ww together this fri. life is good. by the way--i'd love that bumper sticker.

frouf, we're going to have to figure out how to prolong our "gung ho-ness." it's time to move down those scales. like melissa says, we need to move that pea.

kathy, i hope you're getting better attention now. it's time you had a heart to heart with judd and the clan. i know what you mean about not wanting to have to think and plan about what to eat. i'm wanting something "different" but it's not appearing. did i tell you i made chicken/dressing the other day while i still had my pain ball working? we've had several meals out of that. so i know what you're going through with folks not actually cooking for you. oh, yes, curtis brought me some vanilla ice cream but ate it all himself. i didn't need it anyway.

i have to confess there's no tension around here like you have at your house. and i am taken care of. i'm just not being properly spoiled. i miss my mother's pampering. life goes on. it's a shame we can't room together. we could watch movies, etc... and just have some girl fun while recuping. wouldn't that be neat?
Old 04-04-2006, 05:15 PM   #13  

Most of the problem here in this house is that they're used to me being the one who does everything. Nobody else lifts a finger here and when I don't do it, it goes undone. They probably don't mean to be selfish, but they are. They just don't think of anyone else, although they know I can't do anything for myself right now. But I'll be better soon and can get back to doing the things that need to be done.

At this point, it's easier to go without than to spend my time constantly having to ask for everything.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:18 PM   #14  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Here you go Sandra!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search.html...0Life%2C%20The
Old 04-04-2006, 06:20 PM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Chicks! I'm home. Jim just brought dinner home so I'm going to go run and eat. I'll try to come back later.

The Sox lost but the ring ceremony was awesome! I cried.....go figure. We are doing ok and the game was a great distraction.

I see I'm very far behind. I will try to catch up soon.
Closed Thread