Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 02:13 PM   #1  

Default Core chili ?

Hi, I want to thank everyone for helping me with my questions. I promise you i will get use to Core soon enough

I am making the core chili, I could not find the 94 % ground beef so I bought the 90 %. Also the diced tomatoes I bought seem to have tomato juice but I didn't see any sugar added. Is this ok to use or am I going to mess up my diet.

Thanks in advance,
Old 05-05-2006, 03:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Unfortunately, if you don't get the lean ground beef that's on the Core list, then the chili won't be Core. One thing you can do if you can't find the right ground beef is to go to a store that has a grinder, buy some London broil, and ask the butcher to grind it. At the store I go to, ground London broil is actually cheaper than the leanest ground beef.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:10 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

I tend to agree with Sheila. I think you'll be okay on the tomatoes, but the ground beef can't be considered Core at 90%. I'm sure you won't be eating a whole lot of the beef though since it's made into chili. If you count the points for it, it shouldn't be much.

I've never thought about getting the butcher to grind sirloin for me. It's a good idea!
Old 05-05-2006, 06:05 PM   #4  

Thanks, that is a good idea with the butcher.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:40 PM   #5  

I use tins of whole tomatos ,that I whiz with my hand blender, in my chili instead of using tomato juice. You could grind up chicken breasts in a food processor too instead of ground beef.
Closed Thread