Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 10:28 PM   #46  

Height: 5'7"

Yes, I think she would be very cute on a sitcom or romantic comedy movie, and probably could get a modeling contract or something with Revlon? I think she's just so gorgeous. I haven't had a chance to ask Judd what he thought about the show; he watched it in the family room on DVR. He likes to wait about 20 minutes into a show, then can fast forward thru the commercials and just see the show part. Taylor is his favorite so I'm sure he liked him tonight. Did I tell you I bought him a Taylor CD from ebay? He likes it too.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:55 AM   #47  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I thought I'd stop by for a minute to say good morning while I xerox Jim's Power of Attorney and Advance Directive that we have to bring with us the hospital. I still have a bit of packing to do.

I woke up at 4:45 and couldn't fall back to sleep until after 5:30. I started to fret about my nursing duties. I'm worried about what to do if the bleeding won't stop and about how I will get enough nutrition into him since he's diabetic. I'll be asking alot of questions at the hospital today since that will make me feel better. I think I'm going to buy some Ensure or Glucerna liquid on the way to the hospital today since they are liquid and I think both have nutrition in them. This would work until he can chew a bit better.

Love and light to you all. Thank you SO much for all the prayers. I opted to not have anyone come and sit with me because I want to be with Jim as much as they'll let me and not have to worry that I'm neglecting someone outside. We should be there about 5-6 hours but the actual procedure should only take about an hour and a half.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:13 AM   #48  

My prayers are with you and Jim, Vickie. I'm sure you'll do a great job of nursing him. Sounds like you have been planning very well.

Patti, I'm so happy your dh found a job! Yay! And I bet you're relieved that you don't have to move.

Kathy, getting back to a "regular" schedule sounds good... when do you go back to the doctor?

I'm gearing up to go back on Core completely. My weight has crept up, but not gone down again like it did in the past. It's only 2 pounds above "normal," but it's been steadily there for a few weeks. Time to take care of it.

I'm going grocery shopping today, so I'll make sure to get a lot of good Core foods.

Later!
Angela
Old 04-19-2006, 09:59 AM   #49  
Melissa

Morning all!

Vickie, our prayers are with you! You're going to do great, I just know it. Ask everything you can think of and then relax. I know that all will go well.

Angela, your dedication is inspiring. Thanks for hanging in there!

Kathy, I hope that your "schedule" in on time and going well today.

I've got to get to work, just wanted to check in and say hi. I will probably be back this afternoon.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:20 AM   #50  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Good luck Vickie - hope all goes well!

Kathy - are you up yet? Or still snoozing?

I am at work in my jeans and really REALLY stressing out about moving - I didn't realize what a control and organization freak I really was. It is times like these that make me wonder how I ever get anything done! I hate this 'in limbo' feeling and I only want to be unpacked, settled in and organized. I do a lot of thinking about being organized and what should go where and I am actually thinking about my theme/decorations for my new office.

I noticed my corner computer area/desk is huge! I believe I am getting a flat screen monitor so there will be this HUGE space behind the monitor in front of the wall? Not sure what to put there. I know any 'small' stuff will be hidden by the monitor so I am looking at some major (fake) greenery? Was at the home accessory store yesterday looking at the lovely silk bushes and flowers and vases and such - saw a few possibilities but nothing really called out to me? And of course I don't want to spend a forturne - Would like something pretty and green, maybe some floral accents - to place high enuf that I would see it over the monitor - I think it would add a nice touch to the office?

Already took down all my bunny pics and personal pics from current cubicle and it looks very bare (and very dusty too)!). I will start carrying stuff by hand later today (new office is in the next tower - just a walk thru the little food court/shopping area downstairs).

I HATE MOVING SO MUCH - can you tell how stressed I am? This is ridiculous? And I am losing sleep too? This combined with the dance competition prep will just put me over the edge? Actually I am hoping once I leave for Toronto my mind will be so busy with the dance details that I will finally stop worrying about my office and the move. I expect I will come in next Tuesday and neither my phone or computer will be connected and there will be those big ugly bins everywhere and the unpacking job will begin UGH (I am not looking forward to that).

So that was this morning's moving vent - probably more to follow! (sorry).

Frouf
Old 04-19-2006, 10:41 AM   #51  

Morning chickies
thank you everyone so much,,,,,we sure feel *100* pounds lighter around here..
Coco, I feel so bad for you,,,,,,,,areyou writing down what you eat each day?? you are doing so well with your walking,,,,,give your scale a big old kick and get it going in the right direction
As you can see from my chickie I didnt make my 15 pound mark this week,,,,I was down 1 more,,,Ill take it.
Saundra that is soooo nice your kids will be near you again..enjoy!!
Well Frouf, you may not have found any bunnies but on monday I saw lots of bunnies,,,dh and I were sitting at our favourite coffee place (outside) when a dh saw a real bunny hopping around peoples cars across the street.too cute. Then we went for his interview, out of town, and this town has a pet store. I had to check for some fish for our pond and when I first walked in there was a big cage full of bunnies.....it was open and some kids were allowed to pet them....it was so cute. It was like *Froufy* day! I only left with fish though,,,i left the bunnies there. A cute thing happened though at the store...The owner told me she raised the fish I bought since they were tiny...they are about 4-5 inchs long now,,,,and when she put them into a bag,,,she said goodbye to them...haha it was funny! That tells me shes a good pet store owner!
Sandra I love Taylor Hicks hes my favourite along with Chris...I would be happy if either won!
Vickie,,,sending you big hugs for today....
Kathy, Im glad your able to get around a little more these days...
Angela, I work with kids too,,we should exchange ideas?? Im starting preschool next week for 8 weeks.....they are such busy little guys.

Ok today is my last wed off till summer so Im going to go for a light lunch today and then head outside...our pond is in,,,but we need pond plants. I have to wait untill we get to the city for them. The new fish are settled in. When its looking good maybe I can figure out how to post a pic here..ive done it on other sites but have a hard time here for some reason.
have a good day everyone........drink your water!!
Old 04-19-2006, 11:17 AM   #52  
Card Carrying Princess

Would LOVE to see the pond once it's done! I'm sure the new 'adopted' fish will be very happy in their new home!

I love going to the pet store to see the bunnies - was there on the weekend and they were cleaning out the cages so we got a good view of all the bunnies munching on their fresh timothy hay! I esp like the butterscotch (fluffy) one with the lop ears! And of course I had a nice view of one of our local neighborhood bunnies last night when I went out to hunt down little ds on his bike at the park. So cute cuz when it saw me it just froze on someone's lawn - like I can't see it or something cuz it's not moving!

Enjoy your wed off and congrats on 1 more pound gone forever!

Frouf

P.S. I just noticed this is post 2,212 - so do i get a prize now? or do I have to wait til I hit 2222???
Old 04-19-2006, 01:40 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Good absolutely glorious afternoon. I really should be outside, because it is so beautiful out there.

Vickie, thinking of you and Jim. The liquid meals are a good idea.

Angela, it's a life long commitment, isn't it? I just took three more pairs of pants to be altered. I'm paying $18.00 each, but it's worth it. Two are Eddy Bauers, and one Liz Claiborne. Then, I'll be finished. I'm not planning on changing sizes again, so it's core forever!

Frouf, I can imagine how tedious the office move must be. I like the idea of a fake flowering plant. I know I saw that someone had silk plants on sale. I got some really nice ones at Homefitters last year. We ate at Trattoria Vittoria on Riverside, and it was good. We're going out again tonight, maybe Mr. B's on Bank. I should be a restaurant reviewer.

Patti, we don't have room for a pond, but I think they are beautiful. Looking forward to the pics. Two out of the five perennials that I planted last fall are showing signs of life. I'm told that some take longer than others, so I'll wait and see.

Kathy, how are your sleeping habits going? Are you still on meds? That can sure throw you for a loop.

Sandra, is it warming up? I am absolutely loving our 70's sunny days. (as long as they last).

Okay, out to Walmart for a crock pot......
Old 04-19-2006, 02:10 PM   #54  

Well, good morning! Yep, I did it again.

I laid here all night with every thought racing thru my mind and could not sleep at all! Finally around 3-4 I fell asleep, then woke up when Judd left but went back to sleep. My coworker called around 10 and I woke up and talked to her, then fell right back to sleep and woke up at 12:30. This has GOT to stop! I did take some pills before going to sleep last night but they must have taken a few hours to work.

I'm not sure what I'll be doing today but at this point, it won't be much. I need some water and hear someone moving around upstairs, so I'll yell at them in a few minutes to bring me some.

Saundra, I know what you mean about having those pants altered! I've had some altered, and bought some new ones but as I do, I give away my bigger ones. If I gain weight now, I won't have anything to wear. It's hard to maintain. Angela, I'm sure when you get in the middle of that garden and start working out there every day, plus eating all those fresh vegetables, those extra pounds will be history. I think I'll see if Judd would like to go to the Farmer's Market this weekend.

I'm supposed to go back to the doctor on May 3 but would like to push it up to Apr. 28 if possible, so that maybe he could release me to return on May 1. I don't know though.

Okay, I'm tired. I'll be back in a little bit. Vickie, I hope Jim is doing okay. I guess by now he's already having the procedure done.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:07 PM   #55  
focused and aiming

hi there. been wrestling with puter problems and just gave in and restored it to "as was" april 1. now all is better. for some reason it had popped into vision impaired mode.

vickie, i am thinking of you and jim.

angela, you'll get those 2 off soon, especially when you start gardening again.

patti, i didn't realize taylor had cd's on sale. i'll have to go peek.

frouf, i'd give you a prize if i could.

saundra, it's 60ish here today. beautiful!!

kathy, i can tell you're getting antsy. i hope you can go back to work soon.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:12 PM   #56  

Sandra (Lucy), I bought the Taylor CD. I got it from ebay and it's called Under the Radar.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:24 PM   #57  
focused and aiming

thanks, kathy.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:25 PM   #58  
Card Carrying Princess

Well I see "Sleeping beauty" is up now and has joined us for a bit? Hope you got your water and some food? I would also get cranky if my sleep times were so messed up - but honestly that is why you are home - rest when you can and when you feel like it!

Saundra - it is so gorgeous out there that I can barely stand being in my (now very ugly and bare) office. I actually threw some binders and files into a bin and got some applause from the gang as I am 'making progress' and actually packing.

I love Trattoria Vittoria - esp the one on Riverside - I go there every few months with one of my gfs for a girls night out - we have a blast and the food is very good (as are the drinks!) Never been to Mr B's but I hear it is good!

Did I mention how sick I was of Passover right about now? Ends tomorrow night but not soon enuf for me!

Sandra - sounds like your weather is warming up a bit too? Is the snow all gone now?

I think I shall now try and move my coffeemaker and gear to the next building - need to 'stake' a claim on the tiny counter in our other (much smaller) kitchen before it's too late! In our current location we have a very nice kitchen w/2 microwaves and 2 fridges (and water cooler, toaster oven, etc). In the new spot we have a strangely shaped smaller kitchen - with very little counter space and ONLY ONE FRIDGE! (no room for another if we could even get one).

I can only imagine how crowded it will be in there - as the 2 we already have here are pretty full most of the time. I also think we are supposed to take one of the microwaves with us - but again it will need to go on the counter (cutting down on even more valuable space) - of course in this kitchen we do have a microwave shelf - go figure!

(Guess that was my afternoon 'moving rant"?)

Now I can look forward to going home to do laundry and pack and remain calm and unstressed while dealing with dd! YIPPEE

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 04-19-2006 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:37 PM   #59  
focused and aiming

frouf, there's no snow in the valley but it's still all around higher. we're not due any more precip till sat/sun. curtis will probably have to shoot in that tournament in the snow. it's at a much higher elevation than here. i'll be toasty warm in the registration area. (i doubt he'll shoot for long and will be joining me.)

kathy, just ordered the cd's.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:03 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Your "old" lady friend is losing it! I remember taking my Rx glasses out of the case to read something, and then puting them back, but not in the case. However, I can't remember where I was at the time and where I put them. I've checked all of my pockets, and now am down right mad. They are $400.00 glasses and mighty attractive (if I do say so). I'm sure they'll turn up one day, good thing that I have backups.

I went to Walmart and bought my Rival slow cooker. It was "rolled back" to $40.00. My gf made an amazing pot roast last week and I'm going to try it. I've seen so many good core recipes using the crock pot that I figure it's time to have one.

Kathy, I can understand that you want to go back. Do you find it any easier to sit upright, or is it easier to be lying down? I know how bad my foot still is and can't fathom how painful your's must be. Don't rush back until you're ready.

Frouf, do you think that I can claim Worker's Comp for my hip? LOL Bernie would be thrilled if I told him what you said. (you're probably right) I sure hope that you got out today. Of course, they are predicting rain for the weekend, but you'll be in TO and probably inside. Are you staying at gf's?

Sandra, glad it's getting warmer there. Is it common to shoot outside when it's cold? You've got to send more pictures of your area, because it is oh so pretty.

Vickie, looking forward to hearing how Jim and you are doing, thinking of you both.

Melissa, you must be having a busy day.

I'm going to call ds back again soon and bug him. I want to make sure that the vendor faxed the signed offer back to them. (he was going to his lawyer with it today).
Closed Thread