Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 03:51 PM   #451  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Welcome back Vivian - glad to see you back on track and being pro-active about taking care of yourself - good for you!

Kathy - sorry about the pain you are feeling when exercising - I can't imagine it to be fun! Hope Kate is feeling better too.

I'm sure you will love getting out to get your hair done!

Sandra - congrats on your amazing weight loss! Hope you are able to celebrate and pick up a little something for yourself as a reward!

Saundra - I hear the cold weather is coming? Had lunch at dow's lake but ate inside - many on the patio but the wind is still a bit chilly. Also rain expected so I guess not too much garden work will get done!...and for goodness sake please stop starving Natan! Shame on you!

Late getting up - had to pick up bday cake on way in as well - very busy day!

Had lunch at mexican place - not the lunch so much as the nacho chips - seems if you put a small bowl of nacho chips and salsa in front of me I am compelled to keep nibbling at it? Had the california salad (artichoke hearts, shrimp on bed or romaine w/tomatoes, onions a bit of cheese - avocado vinaigrette on the side). Also had a sliver of bday cake - instead of the big honking piece I really wanted? ha ha ha

Now drinking earl grey tea to fill me up w/more liquid. Went to bed too late and I am sure feeling it now.

Vickie - hope you cold is gone soon and I am impressed that you are being so diligent with your exercise - it will surely pay off!

Later,

froufie

Last edited by Froufy; 05-06-2006 at 12:16 AM.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:00 PM   #452  

Height: 5'7"

I'm back from my errands and wasn't able to get my hair done. She doesn't do appointments for minor things like this and was busy with highlights. I can make an appointment for my own highlights and along with it will come the shampoo and blowdry so I might do that tomorrow. I'd like to get my check first though; still not received even though processed on Monday. Of course, who knows what "processing" means? It could go to 40 desks before getting printed and mailed out. I won't panic until next week sometime.

Meanwhile, I'm tired. I got a few things from the store that I missed on yesterday's list and it just wore me out.

Saundra, I think I'm a long way away from regular therapy. Since it's so much more than ligaments, it's pretty complicated. The broken bones are healing but frozen. The nerves aren't healed yet, and neither are the ligaments and tendons (sprain). I could deal with a sprain, or even the broken bones, but the nerves part of it is what drives me crazy. Having a foot stay "asleep" for six weeks is absolutely ridiculous -- I need to feel my toes! I know they're there because I can see them, I just can't feel them! There's a knot on the back of my heel where the screw was inserted and the therapist thinks an internal stitch is trying to surface. I'm supposed to be rubbing it. I tell you what, if it's not one thing, it's 10 more things.

Judd's home ... be right back.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:27 PM   #453  
focused and aiming

okay, now frouf. i'm not starving natan at all. in fact, i'd probably overfeed him. thank you for the congrats. i appreciate them. we had mexican food today for lunch, too. when curtis came into the kitchen, i said, "happy cinco de mayo!!!" he was so surprised he kissed me. life is good. now a big honking piece of birthday cake? that sounds totally awesome to me. i have been known to buy one topped with lots of decorative flowers and have "happy pigout" drawn on it. the last time i did that i was wheeling my buggy down the aisles looking really proud of myself when this little girl whispered to her mother, "mommy, that lady got the cake we wanted." i felt lower than dirt.

kathy, i am glad you're getting out. i know exactly what you mean about getting tired easily. i just got home from walmart and am pooped. i guess it takes a lot of strength to drag this old body around.

we're going to get the grands in a few minutes. life is good. have a good evening.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:32 PM   #454  

Sandra, I hope you're still here. I wanted to ask if someone had seen or used the WW calculator that is new for this year. I bought one from ebay. It says they are like 2-1/2" square ... quite small, maybe like the size of a compact. I needed a calculator to keep at home because my other one stays at work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg calculator.jpg (7.7 KB, 10 views)
Old 05-05-2006, 05:51 PM   #455  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

How much did you pay, Kathy? They had them here for a while, but now they aren't available. I was going to buy one.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:54 PM   #456  

I paid $18.95 plus $2.50 shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

The seller said that they had originally been recalled because putting in fiber more than 4 grams resulted in 0 points. I never put in more than 4 grams anyway because that's always been the cap.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:09 PM   #457  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Chicks! I just wanted to say hello but I can't stay. I just got back from taking Jim out for his birthday dinner. A big juicy steak but no dessert. I walked on the treadmill today so now I'm up to 80 minutes. Woo Hoo! I can't stay because I have to make ww pasta salad for the Great Niece's birthday party tomorrow. My family likes it "melded" a bit so I need to make it tonight and not tomorrow. It's ok anyway because we have to be there tomorrow at 3:00. There won't be much time to screw around tomorrow anyway.

I hope you're all well. I'll be back in the morning to read and respond to posts. Good Luck tomorrow, Melissa!
Old 05-05-2006, 10:49 PM   #458  

I hope you got your salad made, Vickie. We were supposed to go to MIL/FIL's house for their Derby party but Judd decided he doesn't want to. I didn't take Shaun to the doctor because he found some antibiotics from February when he had bronchitis. While that's probably not the best treatment, it'll do until I get paid. He might be feeling a teeny bit better but still can't talk.

Tomorrow morning I am going to start counting points for a few weeks. I only get 20 but that's okay -- I usually have trouble getting enough food in me so at least I can keep track of it and make sure I'm eating enough. If I don't eat, I won't lose these last 5 or so pounds and I'm tired of thinking about it. I just freakin' want to BE there already! Don't we all!?!?

See you tomorrow.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:32 AM   #459  
focused and aiming

kathy, i'm sorry i didn't get back earlier. i've been offline all afternoon/evening. the calculator i have is the old one. i can punch in more than 4 fat grams because it was built during the older program. (it's that old) i don't know anything about the new ones. the one you got looks good, though. and handy? sure looks like it is a good size to be carrying around.

vickie, congratulations on being so dedicated at getting your exercise in. i'm proud of you. jim's bday dinner sounds yummy. we went to cracker barrel tonight for the first time in weeks. we had a great dinner. i had the fried cod, green beans, and carrots. i have to confess i had a biscuit, too.

kathy, good success to you counting pts. my leader told me to make sure i followed the healthy guidelines. of course, i still struggle with that. hopefully, you'll do better than i have.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:46 AM   #460  

Sandra, I have no problem getting in the milk and I get oil in my salad dressing, and I cook my egg in it, and then drizzle a little on vegetables so I think I'm fine there too. My problem is that I fill up too quickly and am usually not hungry. I swear I could probably go three days before eating if I weren't on this website all the time where I'm reminded of nothing but food!

It is POURING right now -- with loud thunder. Erin's finally home from work so I can stop worrying about her, but Judd isn't home yet. He and his friend probably went to some bar after the ballgame. He's a big boy though, and it's the weekend. I'm sure he's fine.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:33 AM   #461  

This one's too long! Time to go on to Core Board #43...
Closed Thread