3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Weight Watchers > Simply Filling/Core

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 08:47 PM   #16
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! I'm back from dinner at my favorite Core Italian place. I'm ready to head for the couch and to spend time with Jim. I'll probably be pretty sparse around here for the next couple of days. I know he'd like my attention and we have preparation to do.

Kathy, I'm glad Kate is settling in. She always be your daughter and friend. I still miss my Mom. She was my best friend in the whole world. Congratulations on your weight. You are a real inspiration to me.

Saundra, I know you'll be back to perky in no time. I'm just one of those really intuitive kind of people. I used to make my employees crazy when I was a manager because I could always tell when they were feeling out of kilter. Sometimes they wanted to hide it!

Thanks, Sandra. You always understand. I will be careful. I'm sort of missing my program. I'm going to be a bit off kilter the next couple of weeks. I'm going to have to force myself to make two meals. One for me and one for Jim. This will be one time that it will be hard to treat myself as if I'm worth it because I'll be stretched for time.

The cable guy finally arrived with the right equipment and we are all hooked up. I'm glad it's done but it is truly beautiful to watch. Today we got a new HDTV DVR and HDMI cables whatever the heck that means. I think it gives less static and intereference in the picture. I'm off to do some laundry and play wifey. Have a GREAT evening and I hope to be back in the morning before we have to go to the emergency Dentist appointment for Jim.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:59 PM   #17
focused and aiming

kathy, guess i was having another of numerous lucy moments. i used to teach reading. doesn't mean i know how to do it myself.

vickie, you and jim are in my prayers. keep us posted on how he's doing--and you remember to take care of yourself, too. you deserve treats.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:58 PM   #18

Hi Everyone
I am bummed. I gained 2 lbs.
I only walked a mile this morn. It was raining. And then when it cleared up this afternoon. I couldnt go.
But will try for my 3 in the morn.
I hope everyone is doing ok. Hubby seems to be feeling better this evening.
I am thinking of everyone. And keeping you all in my prayers. I think I am going to go and eat something. I know that isnt going to help anything. But I am just upset. And for a moment it will make me feel better.
Everyone have a wonderful evening. Take care!!
coco
Old 04-17-2006, 11:26 PM   #19
Melissa

Sandra, (and whoever else), these are some tools recommended by Flylady. They are to help with weekly goals and daily "body clutter." Anyway, they're interesting and it makes more sense if you just look at them.

http://www.thebratfactor.com/tbf.php (scroll down to download the free sheet)
http://www.flylady.net/images/bc_investigator.pdf

Coco, I'm so sorry to hear that you had a disappointing weigh-in. I'd be willing to bet you are building some muscle with all of that walking, and maybe even retaining some water. I read that when one first starts exercising a lot that you can retain a lot of water.

Vickie, sounds like you've had a good evening. And congrats on passing on all that bread! Try not to get too stressed, take each day, each appointment one at a time. You will need all of your energy during the next little bit!

Kathy, glad to hear that Kate is doing well. She seems like a level-headed girl. I hope that you found something you liked to eat. Congrats on the scale being down, although I still wish you were being fed more regularly!

It's going to be a busy week here. Just found out we're going out to eat Wednesday for my grandmother's birthday. And that's just because our church events for the evening are cancelled! Tomorrow night is bible study (the last one thankfully, I just don't have time for this meeting anymore), wednesday is the bday, and Thursday night is my night at the food bank. Shew! This weekend we'll have to write papers and work on school stuff, and PACK, PACK, PACK!!!
OK well that is way more information than you wanted. I hope that you all are doing well and have a great night, and a fabulous day tomorrow.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:28 PM   #20

Yup, Lorena is from Colombia, but she's from the city of Baranquilla, which is near the coast. The average yearly temperature there is 91 degrees.

They came over this evening, and we had a nice chat. I think she's feeling better...she walked down to the grocery store and went shopping this morning, so at least she's getting out. Her English is actually quite good.

I'm off to play on the computer until bedtime. I have to teach preschool this week, but I'm remembering my "laid back" attitude last time, and trying to copy it.

Later,
Angela

Old 04-17-2006, 11:52 PM   #21
focused and aiming

coco, i am sorry you're bummed. i thought of some ww words of wisdom i heard at a meeting long ago but decided not to type them. you already know what to do and will be able to get yourself back on track. hang in there.

melissa, thank you for the website. sure sounds like you're a busy woman this week. things should be settling down for you soon.

angela, you and lorena will probably be close buds soon. i'm glad she's getting out and going places. keep that laidback feeling.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:18 AM   #22

Height: 5'7"

I feel a little better and a little worse: better because I got my jellybeans and worse because now I'm full of sugar. I'm not going to worry about it though since I only had a handful. For some reason, after I get these urges and give in, I'm fine only having a little of it. She also got Club crackers and Easy Cheese so if it survives the night (I think Shaun goes scavenger hunting in the kitchen each night) I'll have some tomorrow. Very soon though I must get back to eating the things I know I'm supposed to.

I wonder where our Froufie is today? We worry when someone doesn't check in for a while; now I know how you guys felt when I was in the hospital those two days and couldn't tell you!

Old 04-18-2006, 12:26 AM   #23
focused and aiming

kathy, we were worried and knew something had to be wrong. we are definitely family here, aren't we? is shaun moving to kate's room?
Old 04-18-2006, 03:25 AM   #24

Well, I don't know. Kate has to come back and get lots of stuff out yet. She's off this Friday and Sunday, so it should be one of those two days. I haven't even talked to him about it yet but I have a list of reasons and so I'm hoping he is agreeable. It'll benefit us both. The room he's in right now has no storage because the closet is full of sewing things, boxes of books, and old clothes. He has no place to put his stuff. Her closet will be empty so he'll at least have a closet.

I'm up because I just couldn't sleep. I guess I'll sit here in the family room until morning when Judd leaves, then I'll go back to bed. I'd like to try again on the carpet though, and think I'll also set the Roomba loose in the front rooms. I can only do it while I'm home because Bindy attacks it if nobody's watching her.

Old 04-18-2006, 09:50 AM   #25
Melissa

Morning all! Last day of being boss-less here.

Angela, I can't imagine moving from Colombia to Iowa. Talk about culture shock! Good luck with preschool this week.

Kathy, I hope that you got some rest last night, or are right now! I heard on the radio that it is supposed to be around 100 there today. Bless your heart! I can't imagine having heat like that already.

I guess I'd better get to work. Have a good day everyone!
Old 04-18-2006, 10:29 AM   #26
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Melissa, heck, I tell everyone my whole day's plans. I like when we share what others might consider TMI. You are going to be one tired girl this weekend. Is the birthday party going to present eating challenges for you? Enjoy the last of your mini-vacation without your boss.

Coco, I really do know how you are feeling. How is your eating doing? Are you eating past satisfied like me? Let's try to have a great week together.

Angela, I agree that you'll be great friends with Lorena soon. You are so kind that I'm sure she'll see out your company.

Saundra, where are you? I hope you're feeling back to your old self today. It's not fun to feel out of sorts.

Kath, have fun with Roomba today! At least you can get your carpets vacuumed and protect Bindy from the dangerous Roomba. How is Bindy these days anyway? Is his little problem fixed?

Sandra, I sure do need some of your strength. I'm floundering with the quantity of food I'm eating and don't seem (psychologically) inclined to fix it. I'm up at least 2 pounds this morning. I need to get a grip and maybe even try to exercise a bit. Maybe it's time to try to walk to a Gilmore Girls episode tonight. Maybe it will even help my stress level.

Jim is going for a haircut, then we have lunch and the dentist and a bunch of errands to get taken care of before tomorrow. I'm feeling a bit sick to my stomach with the idea of what Jim has to go through tomorrow. I'm also upset because I just found out that my best GF's health is failing and she might be progressing to acute leukemia. I called her last night because she had more tests. She sent me an email today. She didn't want to call me last night because she didn't want to send negative vibes Jim's way before his surgery. She's a wonderful, kind woman, much like all of you. She got me through my grief when my first fiance died and she and her husband stood up for Jim and my wedding. I've been her friend since November of 1979. If her brother's aren't matches for her then I'm going to need to such it up and go see if I'm a match because she is likely to need a bone marrow transplant. I'm off now that I've thoroughly depressed all all of you. Sorry.

I probably won't be back until much later.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:34 AM   #27
Melissa

Vickie, you haven't depressed anyone here. It's good to share the troubles and the good things as well! Last night in class we talked about how sometimes grace takes the form of things that appear negative. We always talk about being blessed or receiving grace when good things happen, but sometimes grace is in the things that seem like curses at first. I don't know if that makes any sense, but it is reassuring to me.
Yes I'm sure the bday will present eating problems but not too much. We're just going out to eat (cracker barrel) and there probably won't even be any cake. So as long as I can control myself at dinner I should be okay.
I hope that you two can enjoy your day. I think exercising would be great for your stress level as well.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:03 AM   #28

Good morning! I stayed up until 5:30 then got on the couch and slept until around 7:30 when Judd came and got me to go back to bed. He left for work a little while ago and I went to take a bath because I couldn't stand myself anymore.

This morning's scale was back at 147 but that's okay. I ate quite a few jellybeans last night and drank no water yesterday. Today will be better although after the bath I'm sorta tired and can't get back up for a while. I'll just drink my water for now.

Vickie, I'll be putting your friend on my prayer list. That must be scary for everyone involved. I also hope that a donor is found for her if it is needed. And you just settle down about tomorrow! Jim will be fine and you will be fine too! You tell that tummy of yours to just deal with it!

Melissa, enjoy your last day of freedome. I agree with the mini-sermon -- I have found a lot of positives in some of the worst situations, including this injury. One of the best things (to me, anyway) is that I have had no beer since it happened. While that might sound odd to you normal people, it's something that I have struggled with for a long time. It's not like an addiction as much as it was a bad habit. I think stopping at the store after work was as much of the habit as drinking it was. After I stopped going to work, the habit was broken. It also came during Lent, when Judd wasn't drinking. Now that Lent is over, he has decided that he's done with it completely and so have I. He has found that he can play golf (and probably much better) without drinking beer, and almost feels sorry for his friend who is now quite annoying. He never noticed before. Anyway, I feel better about the decision and I know I won't have to be faced with the "should I or shouldn't I?" dilemma when we go out somewhere. Plus there's the added benefit of saving money and losing empty calories!

I would LOVE to go to Cracker Barrel with you tomorrow night! Thanks for asking! Everytime Sandra mentions it, it makes me want to go. I think she gets grilled catfish and green beans, and that just sounds so good! I always forget about CB when we're looking for somewhere to go. MIL loves it too, so maybe I should call her up and suggest we go! I enjoyed the time we spent with them last Friday night and also Sunday afternoon and wonder why we don't get together more often, but I think they get on Judd's nerves sometimes. Oh well!

Nothing on my dance card for the day except for the Roomba and carpet cleaning plan. That depends on Shaun though because I'll need a little help. Oh and Bindy is the pretty Border Collie -- she's actually everybody's favorite dog because she's smart and playful. Zuki's problem still pops up (pun intended) from time to time but the doctor is disinclined to do more surgery so we just put "it" back in for him.

Happy day to all!

Old 04-18-2006, 11:46 AM   #29
Melissa

I'm sorry, it's not funny, but the mental image of you putting "it back in for him" is too much!
Sure you can come to CB with me! If you start now you might make it in time. I am going to have to either decide to eat very little tomorrow and then splurge tomorrow night or behave myself tomorrow night...hmmm...my very favorite thing there is the chicken fried chicken...yummmmm....okay I'm drooling now.
I think that's great about the beer thing, because I know that you have struggled with trying to stay away from it for dieting reasons and if Judd isn't drinking it then you probably won't either. Sounds like a good plan to me!
Old 04-18-2006, 12:44 PM   #30
focused and aiming

vickie, you're not upsetting anyone. all this is part of life. we are always here for each other even if all we can do is lend an ear. i don't really know what to say about the eating, though. you know i'm a queen flounderer. right now things are working for me. the only explanation i have is that weightloss is a priority at the moment. i can do that because we don't have much other stress to deal with and archery is in the background. i don't know how long i will be able to maintain this "priority" but i hope long enough to get in a weightloss groove. i completely understand why you're having difficulty at this time. with so much stress going on in your lives, you need a place to retreat. you're like me. food is a haven sometimes. i don't know why we do it. that's just what happens. the plus side of this is you know what's going on and will be able to get back into that groove when the time's right for you. till then hang on and try to maintain. (did i say the right things here?)

melissa, i haven't been to cracker barrel since before surgery. are you "into" grilled catfish? i've had that with turnip greens and pinto beans. they bring me sliced onion and chow chow to go with it. (and, of course, there's ketchup) sounds like core to me. and on flex it's just 4 pts for the catfish, 3 for the beans, and 0 for the greens. (you prob already know all this)

kathy, i do get green beans a lot at cb. they are core and also 0 pts on flex. thank you for sharing with us that you and judd have decided to stop drinking. my first husband drank a lot. when you told about the golf cart accident, i was reminded of my ex and a motorcycle incident. i know you already know this but i'm going to say it anyway. it's hard to be the only sober one in a group of folks who are not sober, and i don't mean difficulties caused by peer pressure. i wish you both success and happiness. you and melissa are right. sometimes good comes from bad. what is it nitsche (sp?) said, "what doesn't kill us makes us stronger?" (something like that anyway)

we are heading to the archery center to fling some arrows. i have on a new top and my jeans. i still weigh in the 190's but feel like i'm near goal. make sense? just being op for a few days fools my feeble old mind somehow.

have a great day, all.