Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 11:02 PM   #136  

Height: 5'7"

I'm so LONELY!! AARRRGGGHH!!! Why don't I have any friends that I can haul over here to make them babysit me? This is crazy!!
Old 04-08-2006, 11:46 PM   #137  

Oh Kathy, I wish I could come over there. I'd bring my girls, and you'd definitely not be lonely! I agree with everyone that you may not be ready for full work days just yet.

I'm so sore...I raked and weeded all morning, and my poor, soft, winter body isn't used to the hard work.

Angela
Old 04-08-2006, 11:57 PM   #138  

I would love to have some little girlie-pearls to jump on the bed and make me laugh ... if I were well, we'd make and decorate cookies and play with the dogs and have a pillow fight.

Your body is going to have a great summer though! Just think how toned and fit you'll get with all the raking, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching and lifting, to say nothing of eating the healthy byproducts of all your hard work! I'm very jealous of all the fresh vegetables you get!
Old 04-09-2006, 03:16 AM   #139  

I just can't get over how much you people sleep!

Well, good morning! How's everybody doing today? I'm waiting for Kate to get home; she and Devan had a little fuss because she didn't want to go hang out with him. He's with some guy she doesn't care for, and told him so. I guess it made him mad but she said so what? She went over to one of her girlfriends' houses.

The other kids have just gone upstairs and I guess they're settled in for the night. Erin has to write a paper tomorrow that's due Monday; Shaun is icing his knee which is still hurting.

That's it for now. I'll be back in a few hours to see if anyone is up yet.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:37 AM   #140  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Good Morning my poor little nightowl! Jim and I went to bed at about 11:30 and I slept until 7:30. It felt good. I can't remember the last time I got 8 hours sleep. Jim is still sick but he says not as bad as yesterday. I'm still concerned about him having the dye in the CT scan tomorrow and I want him to call the Doctor to be sure. He's not crazy about the idea. I HATE uncooperative patients!

I'm sorta hanging in there with the scale. I should be losing instead of praying for no gain. I think I need to recommit like Sandra did. It just doesn't seem like the most important thing in my life right now. I don't think I'll have a huge gain but who knows. I forgot about WW when we rescheduled Jim's appointment. His CT scan is at 8:45. If he's done and feeling ok, then I'll run in and weigh in. If he isn't then I'll go on Tuesday. I missed last week and CAN NOT miss two weeks in a row. I shouldn't even be missing one week. It's one of my rules that I've gotten lax on.

Sandra, your picture is adorable! Why did I think your hair was longer and kind of curlie? You must change your hair style occasionally....something I never do. You and I have the same body type and genes. You call it Burly Mountain Woman; my sisters and I call it good peasant stock. I have the SAME legs and calves and you do. We are sturdy!

Melissa, is the fever gone? Do you have any other symptoms? I sure hope you're feeling better this morning. I feel so sorry for you and Kathy and Jim and Saundra.....

Saundra, how was your evening?

Coco, Jim and I are hanging in there. I hope your computer gets fixed soon. I'm not kidding....find a young person and they'll probably help you for free.

Kathy, I hope you are soundly sleeping on fresh sheets now and that you got some food and water. I think Jim is ready to send me away because I'm trying to make him call the Doctor. I'm sure I could keep you entertained. Or, I could send my nearly 5 year old Great Niece who NEVER stops talking. We just marvel at her. I'm worried about school for her because it will be hard for her to yield the floor to the Teacher!!!

Today should be quiet unless Jim calls the Doctor and we are told to go to urgent care of something like that. I'm going to go start some laundry. BTW, I'm getting a taste of what it will be like when he has his shoulder surgery. I'll be very very busy!
Old 04-09-2006, 09:50 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Good morning all,

Vickie, so glad you got a good night's sleep. It helps so much. It sounds like Jim in getting better, I sure hope so. I'm assuming its nice there today, cause it is here. Just having sunshine coming through is a good thing.

Poor Melissa, how are you this morning? Your not suppose to get sick on the weekend hon. Seriously though, I hope you are feeling a lot better today. It's the weekend and I'd hate to see you stuck in bed for the whole thing.

Sandra, what a cutie you are. I almost did picture you that way. Believe it or not, my sweet mother was built like you and Vickie. She was barely 5'2" and always a chubs, but oh so loveable. I'm sending you a cyber hug.

Kathy, do you know the meaning of calm? When will it come into your life. Listen, I'm sitting here with a really nice ff latte. Why don't you come over in your private jet, and we can just hang out. I'll pamper you a whole lot.

Yesterday was nice. We took Natan for lunch and he was just adorable. He loves when grandma and grandpa pamper him. The movie was not my normal type, but had a message. Then off to a good dinner (steak and veggies) and back home. Bernie is working and I'm going to my gf's to start the holiday cooking this afternoon. I think that we might just go out again tonight, cause I may not feel like cooking when I come home.

Hope you all have a great Sunday,
Old 04-09-2006, 10:34 AM   #142  
Southside White Sox Fan

Saundra, I'm SO glad you had fun with Natan and had a great dinner. When is the holiday and which one is it? Frouf is working on improving our understanding of the Jewish faith! You're a girl after my own heart. I took a chicken out to roast for dinner because I thought that would be nice and bland for Jim. We'll see how the day goes. If he can't eat it then I won't cook it. It would be hard for him to smell it and not be able to eat it.

I'm working on getting Jim to call a Doctor to see if he should have the dye tomorrow. No luck yet.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:46 AM   #143  
Melissa

Morning friends! I am feeling much much better today. My fever is gone thank goodness. My stomach is still a little queasy, but I can sit up and walk around, and I couldn't yesterday! I even managed to take a shower, so I'm feeling pretty good. Even managed to lose 2 pounds in all of this. I'm sure it won't stay that way.

Kathy my poor friend! I wish that you were closer to at least one of us so that we could come check on you and cheer you up. I'm so sorry that you aren't getting the kind of attention that you would be giving to any one of them.

Vickie, it sounds like you are in better spirits today. I'm glad that you got good sleep and that today should be a quiet day.

Saundra, sounds like you had a great time with Natan. I can't wait until I have some kids to have fun with.

Angela, what great exercise you got yesterday! It was pretty gloomy and chilly here yesterday but today the sun is shining. I can't wait until we move into our house and I can do some planting. I know it will be a little late for some stuff, but I want to plant at least a small veggie garden.

Well I think I'm going to try to do a little bit around the house. I'm sick one day and the place is a pig sty. I hope that you are all doing great today.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:56 AM   #144  
Southside White Sox Fan

Melissa, I'm relieved to hear that you are better this morning. Sheesh. It will be a red letter day here when we are all well at the same time.

Off to do more laundry and play Florence.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:10 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Melissa, so good to hear that you are on the mend. You sound a lot better. Enjoy your sunshine day.

Vickie, it's Passover. The first night (sedar) is Wednesday, and there is another on Thursday (we're only doing Wednesday). We don't keep kosher, but my friend does. That is why everything has to be done at her house. She buys everything, and I reimburse her. We aren't very religious, but I do enjoy celebrating the traditions. Both our dil's aren't Jewish, but are good about celebrating the holidays with us. I'm pretty sure that Natan will have a Bar Mitzvah (boy at 13) when the time comes, but I don't know about Brayden. I don't mix in, it's their coice.
Chicken soup is a great cure for everything, can't go wrong. I do make a good old fashion one that everyone enjoys.

Okay, better take my shower...
Old 04-09-2006, 11:25 AM   #146  
Southside White Sox Fan

Saundra, thanks! I love learning about other religions. Jim and I don't go to church every week but consider ourselves to be good people and we try to live our lives kindly and compassionately. We, too, celebrate our holidays and traditions. Jim is having chicken and rice soup for lunch. I'm trying to get some rice into him. It's not homemade but it'll have to do!
Old 04-09-2006, 12:45 PM   #147  
focused and aiming

good morning. just called costco and they have electric carts for gimps. we're going after lunch. i hope they have clementines. my foot is feeling better but i still have a ways to go.

coco, i was receiving the bronze medal for 3rd place at the NFAA indoor national championship. my plan was to win one of those big bowls (1st place) but it didn't happen. the man in the photo is the president of the national organization.

thanks again, kathy. i know i'm being stubborn and bossy, but i still think you need to tell shaun exactly what he is to do. he has to be bored just sitting in his room (which is really your room). i bet he'd like to feel productive. why don't you give it a try? let him know how much you need him. being needed is something we all crave.

melissa, i think you need a thorough check up. you've been sick a lot the past several months. are you around a lot of sickness where you work?

angela, i sooooo need to do yard work. i envy your already being started. did you get to soak in a hot tub last night?

vickie, we are study stock, aren't we? i like what frouf's signature says about special shape. have you read it? silly question. of course you have. i hope you get to go wi tomorrow but you have your priorities correct. i'm glad you're going with jim for his test.

i've been sleeping 10+ hours each night. last night was the first time it wasn't drug induced.

saundra, when i was teaching high school, i weighed 228. when my students found out i was going on phen fen and was going to lose a lot one of my 18 yr old boys came to me and hugged me and asked me not to do it. he said i wouldn't be the same "miss moore" any more. i lost 90 lbs. i've regained 60 of them. so i know i can do this. i just have to make up my mind. sounds like you had a good day with natan yesterday.

got to go cook lunch. curtis is cleaning out closets and drawers in the upstairs bedroom. am i lucky or what?
Old 04-09-2006, 03:21 PM   #148  

Here I am finally! I went to sleep around 6 and slept until 1, then got up and let the dogs out / in and am now watching the Rangers game. I haven't ventured out into the chair yet but know I need to.

No, I'm still on the same sheets and don't have anything to eat. Judd will be home later on this afternoon or early evening, and when I talked to him last night he said he would make me some dinner. I think he could tell how miserable I am and was feeling sorry for me. Hoo boy, here's come the pity parade again! Watch out!

I guess I'll try to get up and see what sort of things I can do. I need to wash and dry my hair, find clothes for tomorrow, make some eggs and tuna for work lunch and pack up a few more things to take to work.

I'll be back later.
Old 04-09-2006, 03:52 PM   #149  
focused and aiming

curtis is gone to the archery range and i'm surfing for ideas. did ya'll know there is now SUGAR FREE COOL WHIP?
Old 04-09-2006, 03:55 PM   #150  

I saw it on their website but haven't seen it in the store. Cool Whip is so low in calories and everything else though -- I've been having the regular because it's what everybody else in the house will eat. You just can't beat SF jello and Cool Whip, in my opinion!
Closed Thread