Cookware

• I'm full of questions today. I really need to get new cookware, but I want to get something a little nicer than the T-Fal that I have. DH had the nice idea of picking out a line and buying a piece here and there as we can afford it. But I don't want anything so expensive that I'll never get a full set (a.k.a. the Kitchen Aid saucepan that I saw today for $120!!).
    Just wondering if you all have any cookware that you particularly like, or don't like. I need both sets of info equally! Thanks!!
  • sorry. i'm no help here. i'm anxious to hear what you find out.
  • I'm a QVC girl. I love the Cook's Essentials line. I have a set that I've had since 1996 that I wish would die already because I'm so tired of them. They are nonstick and you can use metal utensils in them.

I have the hardcoat enamel in blue to match my kitchen. http://tinyurl.com/ok37e

They also have their version of Calaphon. http://tinyurl.com/opb8x

Go to QVC.com and type in Cook's Essentials and you'll see the tons of stuff they have at reasonable prices.
  • Well, those links didn't work perfectly. I'm not as good at this as Kathy is!
  • Vickie, I probably spent half an hour today looking at Cook's Essentials. I was already leaning towards that! That's exciting. I was trying to decide which line would be best for me. I love the line you mentioned just because it is colorful. I like the red, even though my dishes are blue. Thanks!
  • I like the enamel anodized ones. They're new. They just had them as a Today's Special Value a couple of weeks ago. I almost bought them but decided not to because the handles are metal. Same with the silver anodized ones. I never use potholders and I'm sure I'd burn my hands off. The regular enamel pans have what they call phenolic (sp?) handles which keep you from frying your palm.
  • I love this stuff
    Hi,

I only use All Clad and I swear it has greatly improved my cooking. It is pricey but will live to be passed on to the next generation. I got the stainless version though they have others. You really don't need a lot but a few great pots make all the difference. By the way I have nothing to do with the company- though for all the free praise I give them they should send me a little something but I am really just happy to have found them.

Sheridan
  • Thanks for the tip Sheridan. Those look very nice but are a little more than I can afford.
  • I forgot this
    Hi again,
    I forgot the most important thing. If you are in the PGH Pennsylvania area or have friends there-2 times a year they have an All Clad factory sale with heavy discounts on seconds.If you search carefully the bargains can be substantial.One sale is in June I believe and the other in December.I found accidently after buying my set.

I think also that Emeril is doing a less expensive All Clad set which I have not seen but have heard some good things about.

Someone also said Wolfgang Puck sells a terrific set on HSN. I have had poor luck with HSN but this might be the exceptional item. Worth a look I think.

I know you will find the perfect set for you.
    Sheridan