Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 08:20 PM   #121  

Hi Everyone
Boy have I missed you all. I am having so much trouble getting on here. I called my internet tech support. They said I may have picked up spy wear. Whatever that is. And if I did. That is why I cant get on here. I will try and go back on and read the post. But not sure that I will be able too.
Hubby is doing ok. Getting a cold now.
The eating is really really bad. I am up about 5 lbs this week. So Monday is not looking good.
I am hoping everyone is doing ok.

VICKIE Hows Cassie. Been thinking about both of you.

SEPETEMBERSGOAL Hows the house thing coming. Thinking of you also.

ONTARGET how are you doing. When is your surgery. I forgot. Hope you are doing ok.

Well i am going to get off here for now. See if I can post this. and then go see if I can read the post.
So if I am not back on. You know that I am having trouble again. Does anyone know anything about this spy wear stuff. How do I get it off. Cause I sure didnt put it on. This is the only site that I have been having trouble with. Cause I told the tech. I didnt put that on here. I want into this site. But said I got it through the internet. So any help would be appericatied.
Take care everyone. I am thinking of all of you.
coco
Old 03-17-2006, 08:30 PM   #122  

Height: 5'7"

Coco, go to Lavasoft.com and download the Ad-Aware personal. Follow all of the instructions and it'll help you.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:12 AM   #123  

Goodness gracious! Is this slow or what? How come all of you have lives and I don't?

Well, here I sit, back at work. It's a rainy day so I'm just as well off being here as anywhere.

Come out, come out, wherever you are!
Old 03-18-2006, 09:20 AM   #124  

I'm here - just fighting off a nasty cold. It's middle dd's birthday today. She's getting sick too, I think. We'll just take it easy and hang around home. I got her the new Barbie Mermaidtopia movie (yes, I know! ) But she will be entranced.

We just got news that my sister-in-law (remember, the one from Colombia?) will finally be coming up here to the States in the middle of April. She's had to wait a whole year. I'm so excited...we're finishing up their house, and I'm thinking about gathering some warmer clothes for her. April in Iowa is beautiful, but it will still feel pretty cold to her.

I hope everyone's feeling well, and has a great weekend.

Angela
Old 03-18-2006, 09:24 AM   #125  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Man, I was busy yesterday doing laundry and other house stuff. I slept until 7:30 this morning and it felt pretty darned good.

I made a new meal last night. It turned out so good and was very easy. I bought already made carne asada from Trader Joe's. It was sirloin with spices on it and no oil. Jim liked it alot. I didn't hate it but there was a spice on there that was just a little much for me. It had kind of a licorice flavor or I guess it could have been too much black pepper which I'm not very fond of. It was garlicky and spicy. I like red pepper but not black. Figure that out. Anyway, I also made a great side dish. I think I'll post it after I make it again. The recipe was a little messed up but I can fix it. It only took a couple of minutes to put together and 10 minutes to cook. It was chicken broth, green onions, picante sauce, diced jalepenos, cumin, a can of pinto beans, and brown rice. Just delicious and perfect with the carne asada. Next time I want to make my own carne asada. Does anyone have any good recipes?

My heel hurts still today but I must walk on the treadmill since the scale is not down yet this morning. I must have a loss on Monday. I can't stay for the meeting on Monday because Jim has an ortho appointment to see about surgery for his shoulder. He also has to go see an oral surgeon on Tuesday. We'll be busy again next week. Thank God for retirement.

I'm going to go read posts. It looks like I didn't miss much last night.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:34 AM   #126  
Southside White Sox Fan

Oh Poor Frouf, I'm crying here after reading your message about your MIL. I could hear the love in your voice. You write so vividly of your times with her. Aren't we so blessed to have love like that in our lives? I think it is really wonderful that you are rising above your hurt to go and honor her memory at the services. Try not to feel guilty about not having called in a while. I'm sure she knows you loved her very much. Are you feeling any better?

Coco, I use the same ad software as Kathy does. You have to run the scan then you quarantine anything suspect on your system. I'll try to find the direct link so that you can download it. I use it about every two weeks. I'm glad your DH is feeling better. Cassie is ok but we are waiting for her urine culture test to come back. If she has an infection we'll treat it but she also has dilute urine which could mean that her kidneys aren't functioning properly. That could be a big problem. We are measuring how much she is drinking and then we'll see where to go from there in about a week with the Vet. Thanks for asking about my little Scottie girl!

So Kath, what's up with Shaun this morning? Did he stay home last night? I'm hoping there is some change in his behavior soon. How are you feeling? I can't think that numbness is easy to live with. Can the Doctor help?

Well, let me go see if there is a menu thread yet.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:36 AM   #127  
Southside White Sox Fan

Angela, sorry you're sick. But what better way to recuperate than by watching Barbie Mermaidtopia! Hope you feel better soon. Happy Birthday to DD. Is there a party in the works?
Old 03-18-2006, 09:39 AM   #128  

Angela, what great news about your SIL! I'm sure the whole family can't wait to have her here, and hopefully she'll get used to the difference in weather. Maybe by mid-April it'll be sufficiently warm. Hey, you have extra garden help starting this year!

Vickie, Shaun was at home last night. I took him to buy running shoes and some shorts after I got home, then we went by a BBQ place and got some food to take home. I went to bed early because I knew I had to get up early for work AND plan extra time for waking up with the numb hand. And sure enough, it happened again. It used to be all the time then quit for a while, and now it's back. Very annoying but I'm sure if I start complaining, they'll try to do carpal tunnel surgery and I can't afford to lose the use of a hand with work. I'll just live with it.

Forgot to add, scale this morning was 149.4. Good grief.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:42 AM   #129  
Southside White Sox Fan

Oh yeah....I get distracted SO easily these days. I forgot to ask you a couple of months ago about your SIL and then forgot. How exciting! Does she know about her house and that you guys were decorating it?
Old 03-18-2006, 09:42 AM   #130  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, how on earth does a person live with a numb hand? Is it your writing hand?
Old 03-18-2006, 09:49 AM   #131  

Yes it is. I live with it by waiting it out and hoping it passes quickly. If I'm in the middle of something, I can use my right hand to do whatever I'm doing. Talk about a pain in the tushie.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:50 AM   #132  
Southside White Sox Fan

Oh you're a leftie! How cool. Some of my best friends are lefties as is my favorite Great Niece.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:51 AM   #133  
Southside White Sox Fan

Gotta go eat breakfast and then exercise. I'll be back later.

What are you all doing this weekend. We have NO plans.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:36 AM   #134  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow! I'm craving bread. What's up with that? I just finished breakfast and Jim just got off the treadmill. I'll give myself 30 minutes to digest and then I'll walk.

Sandra, I hope you're knocking them dead.

Saundra, are you still having fun with your Sister?
Old 03-18-2006, 11:20 AM   #135  

Vickie, yes, my SIL knows we're doing her house. I've sent her a few pictures, but not in a while. I hope she likes it.

Angela
Closed Thread