Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 08:08 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Patti, I am so sorry to hear about DH's nephew. What devistating news for you both. You are in my thoughts.

Frouf, you poor girl. I sure hope your Rx kicks in. The best thing you can do is lots of rest and plenty of liquids. You shouldn't go out until you feel quite a bit better. Like said before, there are people there to look after you.

Vickie, so glad it was a good tummy day yesterday. You deserve some relief, and it looks like one of the things on your list just might be the trigger. Keep up the good scale stuff.

Sandra, your enthusiasm for archery is a wonderful thing. Not too many people have such a passion. You are very fortunate.

Kathy, glad to hear that Shaun is getting in line. Sounds like you're getting some help keeping him on course. Any news of change of schedule? One thing I don't do is weigh myself morning, noon, and night. Every morning is probably too much (which I do), but don't drive yourself crazy with it.

Coco, just take it easy and don't beat yourself up. Again, I think we need a good dose of Spring to pick up our spririts.

Sis is coming for a visit today. She's taking the bus because the train connection is too long, and flight is very expensive. She leaves London Ontario at 1:30 and gets here tonight at 9:25. She will be here until Sunday, so we've got lots of stuff planned. I hope the weather cooperates a little. I can hear the wind howling away right now.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:38 AM   #77  
Southside White Sox Fan

OHHHHH Saundra, have fun with your Sister. I'd hate it if my Sister lived so far away from me.

I'm off to eat breakfast now. I haven't decided if I'll treadmill today or not. First I need to eat breakfast. I have a pedicure at 2:00 as my reward for starting exercise again.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:53 AM   #78  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! Saundra, I second what Vickie said about your sister. Have a great time! I miss mine every minute of every day and still after nearly four years, I start to pick up the phone sometimes...

I did well yesterday and was down another pound this morning. I'm (once again) basically back to where my ticker says.

Vickie, enjoy your pedicure! It's getting near that time of the year. I have already worn sandals several times since we've had 85-90 degree temps in the last week or so, but I need to get in and let the professional have a go at it!

Poor Frouf!! Girlie, you'd better take care of all that! It sounds exactly like what I had in late January that they wouldn't give me any meds for, despite four days of fever. I'm glad you got something and hope it kicks in very soon.

I'd better get busy. I'm running a little behind and should have already had a lot of work done. I didn't get up until 6:30 so I had to scoot to get to work early. Didn't get here until 7:30 so I'm not looking forward to sitting here until 5:30 BUT THAT'S WHAT I GET FOR BEING LAZY!

BBL!
Old 03-15-2006, 09:01 AM   #79  
Melissa

Good morning! Sorry I've been absent. Thanks for missing me Vickie! Things have been very, very busy between the house stuff and DH's birthday (today! :bday: ). We went out last night with his parents to celebrate. We did finally get ahold of our broker and she gave us good faith estimates--not as low as we wanted due to increase in interest since our last appointment, but still not too bad. We have an appointment on Thursday to get pre-approved. DH is meeting this morning with a friend of ours who is a realtor, we're going to get him to help us with paperwork and finding anything comparable to the house that we are interested in. He actually works with the listing agent on the house that we are interested in.
Well that is a super quick update. Please keep that all goes well and that we make the right decision. Thanks!!

Patti, I'm so sorry to hear about your family's loss. How devastating. I hope that you feel better soon as well.

Frouf, take care of yourself and make DH take care of you too!!

I am trying to watch my eating as the scale continues to be unkind. I guess I am counting points this week due to bday celebrations, everything is kind of haywire. Hope everyone has wonderful days.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:15 AM   #80  
Southside White Sox Fan

Happy Birthday Dear Aaron! Happy Birthday to You!

Melissa, the interest rates are going to continue to rise so I'm praying that this all falls into place with the two of you very quickly. Seek all the information you can so that you can make the best decision.

Kathy, you go girl. I knew you'd start dropping that weight.

I cancelled my pedicure. I decided I'm not in the mood. Plus, I can't wear sandals here for another two months anyway. I'll just keep working on them myself and save my money for May! I'll find some other way to reward myself. And maybe I'll walk on the treadmill today again. My heel spur is hurting in my right foot. I have them in both feet but the right is hurting now. HEY! I just thought of it.....my reward should be a new pair of walking shoes. I love New Balance and they just opened a store near me. Maybe I'll go there tomorrow or Friday. Yep...that's it!
Old 03-15-2006, 09:44 AM   #81  
Melissa

Thanks Vickie! Our broker told us that she can lock in our interest rate for 45 days, so I'm sure we'll be doing that. The new shoes sound like a great reward!! And maybe some cushy insoles to help your heel.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:58 AM   #82  

Morning chickies,,,
thank you for all of the kind thoughts and prayers....
My BIL and SIL live about 6 hours away from us so I told Dh to go to the funeral alone but my boss (who is the best) told me to take some sick days and go as well. So as soon as we find out the arrangements we're heading out..so if I disappear for a few days thats where I will be. thanks again everyone!
Old 03-15-2006, 01:47 PM   #83  
Southside White Sox Fan

Great news, Melissa! Are you still thinking about placing a bid on the one you showed us? Fingers crossed for whatever you decide!

Patti, I'll continue to pray for you all. Kudos to your boss for being understanding and compassionate.

Where is everyone? Exercising?

I'm still trying to talk myself on to the treadmill. I only promised every other day but I'm thinking that it won't be convenient for me to get on tomorrow since I have a 1:30 appointment with my Internist.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:39 PM   #84  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Patti - hope you are both hanging in there and I think it's good that you go along - I'm sure you want to be there and you will be a great support to your dh.

Vickie - Glad you had a 'good tummy' day yesterday- maybe you have discovered the culprits? Definitely new walking shoes sound like a great idea - I also wear New balance by the way!

Saundra - the wind is definitely howling! But I bet you and your sister will have lots of fun together. I lived in London, Ontario around 81-82? and just loved the city!

Melissa - good luck with the house bid- keep us posted on your progress...and Happy Birthday to your dh!

Kathy - don't even speak of wearing sandals - it's like freezing here - and I can't imagine baring my tootsies for at least another 3 months! UGH!

My update (warning; explicit whining below)

Still sick - lots of sinus stuffiness and blowing my nose constantly - thank goodness for the lotion tissues. I did venture out today for BOOKS! and food (dh back to his consultant job which ends on Friday so he has to complete his final report). So I parked right outside of the library (instead of the parking lot - okay I'm sick!) - was in there may 5-10 mins and came out to find a $100 parking ticket on my windshield - CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS? I was livid and went back in (library conveniently located in city hall where you pay your parking tickets) and ranted and raved - but ended up paying it anyways - can't they see a person with a fever should not be given parking tickets!

Then to the grocery store to pick up a few things - $90 later I'm home all sweating and coughing and sniffling - and I was only gone for 1 hour.

I am definitely staying home the rest of the week as I am still on the mend. Almost time for 2nd antiobiotic (once a day pills) so far I am not noticing any big difference. This morning had fever of 101 but after medicating myself it was actually down to 99 (which is when I ventured out). Also had a power failure this morning - about 2 hours - could not make my favorite tea which was a bummer - had an apple and a tangerine and went back to bed - woke up at 11 to find power on, fever down so off I went.

Slept fitfully - with two coughing fits - one at 2 am and another at 4 am - so might still try and nap today?

that's it for now!

Frouf
Old 03-15-2006, 03:09 PM   #85  
Melissa

Just jumping in here really quickly...Yes Vickie we are still pretty set on the house that I showed you all. So far it is the best thing in that price range, and the price is very good. DH is meeting with the realtor Fri. morning to look at the house so that he can get an idea of what we should offer.

Frouf, I'm glad you got some books but sorry that you got a ticket!! I hope that you rest a lot and start feeling much better.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:28 PM   #86  
focused and aiming

coco, i hope you're in better spirits now. we all have our glitches along the way. you'll make it to your goal. just think how well you're doing. forgive yourself for glitches and just keep on keepin on.

patti, i hope you're feeling better. i am so sorry for your loss but am glad you will be able to attend the service with dh. he needs you.

saundra, is this your sister who's coming for a visit? i envy you and the others here who have sisters. i just have one brother (but he's pretty nice.)

vickie, a pedicure sounds awesome!! i am going to have one after i heal from foot surgery. i'm thinking they'd just remove my polish beforehand if i had any one.

kathy, did shaun get to the park to exercise? i imagine exercising will help lift his spirits.

melissa, happy bday to aaron!!!! we're flying to louisville in the am. i guess in an odd way i'll be further away from you than when i'm in montana cuz i won't be online. i have my fingers crossed for your getting your home. keep us posted.

vickie, i just read your other post about not getting the pedicure. and i was living my life through you. the idea about new walking shoes. i'm going to talk with my doctor about what type he thinks would be best for my poor old tootsies. my plan is to do a lot of daily walking after i have recuperated. i am even planning to go downtown and walk the sidewalks along a busy street. (because there are fast food places close by with restrooms. i have to go a lot.) well, guess that comes under the heading of too much info, doesn't it?

poor frouf! what a time you're having. i hope you're feeling better by now. you're not going to work tomorrow, are you?

guess i'd best close for now and go pack. i'll prob get back here tonight. if not, ya'll have a good weekend. i'll see you mon night.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:36 PM   #87  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf, you poor girl! When it rains it pours. Did you hear anything about your pay check. Must have really been hard to take that parking ticket on top of everything else. I'm guessing you won't feel better until the morning after you've taken the third dose. That's what my Doctor always tells me. I'm so glad you're home until Monday. Just try to rest and read your books.

Sandra, you sound so busy. I hope you have fun on your next trip and that you win your tournament. No matter what...you are our number one Archery Chick!

Melissa, I'm so glad you're still looking at that house. I can't get the memory of it out of my brain. It was SO cute. Believe me....I saw a lot of starter dogs! Does it have a basement?

Well, I'm off to shower. I didn't walk on the treadmill today. I decided my heel was too tender. I'll walk tomorrow since it is my regular day anyway. I had decided to start back every other day. As long as I make that, I'll feel like a success. I think I won't be back tonight.

I'm looking forward to my dessert. Fresh strawberries with splenda on them over SF/FF cheesecake pudding and 2 tablespoons of FF cool whip. Yum.

I must have a loss this week.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:30 PM   #88  

Height: 5'7"

Evening, all. I'm taking a break from all my household chores ... have I ever said how much I hate working 10 hours a day and coming home to cooking, cleaning, dishes, laundry ??? Um, well I do. Just in case you didn't know.

Alright ... I made stuffed bell peppers for Judd with WW pasta and spaghetti sauce. He should like that -- he'll be home around 9 from bowling and then we'll watch American Idol.

My food is ready for tomorrow's lunch; I'm going in a little late to work so I can drop Shaun by the city park at 7:30. If I get to work at 8:00 that means working until 6 and I don't like that one bit. But it is how it is.

Kate told me today that she can't move out on Sunday because her apartment isn't ready. The cabinets haven't been installed because the granite countertops aren't in yet ... yada yada yada. The new date is the weekend of April 1. I have my baby with me for two more weeks but it doesn't matter because I never get to see her anymore. Her work schedule is 2:00 til 11:00 p.m. Of course I'm in bed by the time she gets home and she's asleep when I leave in the mornings. She still calls me every few days to keep me informed of what's going on. I'm really going to miss this one.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:59 AM   #89  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I had 8 hours sleep and it was much better rest than the last two nights.

Kathy, enjoy your next two weeks with Kate. Maybe she and you could take a day off and just spend the whole day together before she moves out?

Angela, we haven't heard from you in a couple of days. I hope you're well.

I can't stay. I must walk on the treadmill and get ready for my appointment with my Internist. I haven't been there since before I went to the surgeon, so we have a lot to talk about.

Have a great day. Snow is expected here but it is expected to be heavier North and I live South. Fingers crossed.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:47 AM   #90  
Melissa

Morning!

We had a busy day yesterday. I made cupcakes and took them to band practice, then we went out for dinner (pizza) around 9pm (too late for me!). Then they came over for awhile, we watched AI (still can't believe Kevin is still there). It was a lot of fun.

Vickie, hope all goes well for you at the doctor today and that you miss all of the snow. The house doesn't have a basement, unfortunately. If it did, we would have already put an offer in. There aren't any basements in our price range (in an area where we want to live).

Sandra, hope you are having a great time!!!

I've got to get to work but wanted to check in. Have a good day all!
Closed Thread