Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 06:02 PM   #46  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, THIRD IN THE NATION!!!!! Are you kidding? That's just outstanding. You should be very proud of yourself. I didn't know you'd be home so soon. For some reason I thought the 20th. Maybe that's when you are going back on program?

Melissa, I have a good feeling about the house. I'd say keep the faith but I know that you will anyway! I'm glad that Murphy is feeling better. I know you'll be happy to have him off of the prednisone. Are you using the halter now? Does he like it?

Frouf, I hope you didn't have to wait forever and that you got some amazing drugs to help you along. It is NO fun being sick.

Coco, good luck tonight. I hope DH continues to feel better. Constantly being tired is not a great sign. I hope he has to go back to the Doctor soon.

Kath, are you still working? I know you have 10 hour days this week.

So Cassie had her ultrasound this morning. The preliminary results were great but we won't know for sure until tomorrow. The Vet said Cassie was great. Poor girl had to have her belly shaved. Thank God for a long skirt!

Evidently, Cassie peed not too long after we left her so they caught it to do a urinalysis. Because the urine was still dilute, the Vet recommended bloodwork and also later extracted a clean catch of urine (with a needle through the bladder no less!) that she could send in for culturing. The Vet isn't sure if Cassie still has a UTI but wants to know for sure. She also wants to know if the kidneys are infected and if anything is going on with the kidneys/liver. Before treating the UTI, the old Vet said Cassie's dilution level? was 1001. Today it was 1005, and the Vet said normal is 1020. Whatever that means!

She asked how Cassie was and asked if Cassie was drinking an abnormal amount of water. I told her no because it doesn't seem excessive since Cassie only eats dry food. One of the things I think she is concerned about is ruling out Cushings.

I'll have final ultrasound and bloodwork results tomorrow and the culture by the end of the week. So for now we don't have to do anything. We are going to measure her water intake because we didn't know how much to tell the Vet that she is drinking. We just keep refilling the bowl whenever it is empty.

That's my news for now. I slept for about 2 hours this afternoon on the couch. I always have nervous energy letdown after stuff like this. We got a few errands done this afternoon but we wanted to stay home for Cassie. Jim went to get our Chipotle. No cooking in this house today.

I have to go update my menu. I'll be back!
Old 03-13-2006, 07:34 PM   #47  

Height: 5'7"

Weeellll, buddies ... here's my pledge to you.

Totally Core starting tomorrow. I went to Target and looked for my Core WW cereal (vanilla puffed wheats or whatever they're called) but they were out of them. I had to get something called Flakes 'n Fiber but it's only 1 pt per serving. I can have that for breakfast with my applesauce and milk. I also just made my lunches for tomorrow (one is pinto beans and salsa, and the other is shrimp, broccoli and tomatoes sauteed in olive oil).

I PROMISE.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:39 PM   #48  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Luck, GF! I promise to walk on the treadmill tomorrow morning before I get ready to take my Sister and BIL out for the anniversary lunch.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:40 PM   #49  

HI Everyone
Well just getting on here for a few. It is starting to lightening. So dont want the puter to get zapped.
Anyway. Weigh in was bad. I gained 2 lbs.
Hubby is still feeling so-so. But alot better than yesterday. So that I will take.

VICKIE Will keep you and Cassie in my prayers.

SEPTEMBERSGOAL I will keep you and Murphy and DH in my prayers also. I hope everything works out for you house.

ONTARGET CONGRATS!! That is wonderful to be third. I know first would even be better. But third is great.

Have a wonderful evening everyone.
Will check in tomorrow.
coco
Old 03-13-2006, 08:52 PM   #50  
Southside White Sox Fan

Coco, I'm sorry about your gain but I know you'll be ok. Your extra walking will pay off. Plus, you said your back hurt so maybe your retaining water from some inflammation. Just keep at it! Cassie says thanks for your good thoughts.

I'm off to TV land now. I'll be back in the morning if I have time. Otherwise, I'll be on in late afternoon.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:53 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Sandra, I am proud to say that I know the third best shooter in the US, CONGRATULATIONS! It must have been quite a trip for you.

Vickie, sounds like you had a hectic day. I know how hard it is when you have the unknown to worry about. Cassie's lucky to have you as a "mom".

Kathy, good for you. You sound determined, and I know that you will do what you have to, to get going on the loss.

Melissa, just one more day. With your faith, you will get through the wait.

Coco, I'm sure all the stress that you've been through hasn't helped your weight. Just treat this week as a new one.

Frouf, how did you make out with your doc?

Dinner was a diappointment. We went to a restaurant whose chef does fish with a side of marinara clam pasta. Well, the clam pasta was done in a cream sauce that I had to send back. I wound up with potatoes and veggies which were okay, but I missed the "special" pasta. I was even willing to eat non whole wheat stuff. They're now off my list.

Now, into the clean family room for R&R,
Old 03-13-2006, 09:18 PM   #52  
focused and aiming

vickie, you're right. we are coming home for good on the 20th. we're just between tournaments right now. we're leaving thursday for louisville. i am excited about getting back home on the 20th and working on weightloss. also, we'll be finished with archery for awhile. that will be good, too. we've been working pretty hard and haven't smelled too many roses lately. we need to start sniffing.

i just finished reading all your posts. i apologize if i don't respond to all of you, but i'm trying. sure has been a lot going on since we left last week.

first off, melissa, i noticed your "baby making goal." i love it!!!! i will work on a cyber aunt goal. lol

kathy, we had a great time. on the way down we saw a bald eagle in her nest in a tree a few yds from the interstate, we saw several (prob a couple of hundred) mule deer around the montana/idaho border. on the way home we saw a blond coyote in the median and 2--2!!--golden eagles perched on light posts next to the highway. they were watching some young calves. curtis says they often hunt in pairs. they were on poles about 100 yds apart. we saw a lot of snow and some cold weather around monida pass. at times the snow was over the fence posts.

in salt lake the weather was beautiful cept for sunday am. it snowed buckets sun am for a couple of hours. by the time we finished shooting around 4:30 pm, the roads were clear so we didn't have any problems driving.

we saw a lot of folks we've met through archery, and we made some new friends. saturday i shot in a group of 4 that included a woman who is a pro shooter. sunday i shot in a group that included a young man (30ish) who won the indoor world championship over in europe (i think more than once.) there were a lot of prominent archers at the salt lake site. there were also a lot of kids--the future of archery. we had a great time.

curtis shot well saturday but his shoulders didn't hold up for him sunday. he's pretty sore tonight. hopefully, he'll be feeling better in louisville. but i have to tell you i doubt he'll be able to compete both days. (120 arrows same as in salt lake)

last night i lay awake a long time rehasing the tournament and planning my weightloss attack that begins tuesday march 21. curtis is going to help me come up with some chair exercises that i can do while recuping from foot surgery. i am very serious about losing weight. both of us are. we are tired of being chubby. we also think our endurance will be better when we get ourselves back in shape.

kathy, i am interested in finding out about the pinto bean cake.

melissa, how exciting about your house prospect. that's awesome that your inlaws are giving you the down payment. we did the same for curtis' daughter a couple of years ago. we called it early inheritance. we have helped each (3) of our kids. now there's not much left and they are on their own.

coco, how is your dh? i can't remember what his health problem is. is it heart problems? i was thinking his being tired might be congestive heart failure. is he on medication? i'm thinking of you two and sending good vibes.

vickie, i am so sorry you've had problems losing lately. i know you, though, you'll get the weight off.

saundra, you are amazing. such willpower!!

we're about to watch tv now. deal/no deal. we're tired and need some down time. 'll be back tomorrow. have a good evening.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:26 PM   #53  

What a great report, Sandra! Yes, I'm ready to get serious about this (again!) after some major soul searching. One of the things that steers me towards Core is being the mod for this group. How can I stand myself if I eat any other way? I guess whatever works, huh?

So tonight I talked to the chief (Shaun's recruiter) and found out that he has been less than truthful with the guy. I was pretty much livid, and when Judd got home from the gym I told him. The two of us drove up to the nearest bar and yup, there Shaun sat on a bar stool. Judd put his hands on his hips and said "let's go." We dragged him home, yelled at him for a while, and stood there and made him call the recruiter while on speaker phone. Then we took it off and let him talk to the guy. After about 30 minutes, he walked in and gave me the phone, saying Chief would be calling me back. So far he hasn't called, but Shaun was pretty teary. We asked if everything was okay and he said it was. We then asked if he was still a "go" for the Navy and he said yes. Judd and I have agreed that if he could go in tomorrow morning as a cook or toilet scrubber, then that's what should happen. No more holding out for the perfect job and creating a huge window that could allow for plenty of time to screw up. Still waiting for the call ... my throat is sore from all the discussion. I don't need this.

Lunch is made and I'm excited!
Old 03-13-2006, 10:05 PM   #54  

Got the call. The two of us concur that shipping out asap will be the best thing for him. I know Shaun has issues with things that happened in the past, but he has to remind himself that it IS in the past and can't be changed. Chief is now aware of all that we're dealing with and will hopefully be my ally.

I guess I should go to bed now. It's going to be another loooong day.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:18 PM   #55  
Melissa

GREAT JOB SANDRA!!!!

Kathy, I'm sorry you've had so much drama tonight, but glad that it all worked out in the end.

Vickie, glad to hear that Cassie is doing okay. I know it's so scary!

I'll be back tomorrow to chat with you all, I'm heading to bed right now.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:00 PM   #56  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

CONGRATULATIONS SANDRA - we are all so proud of you! Hope you get some good r&r before the next round!

Kathy - so glad you straightened things out w/recruiter and Shaun - and now that he's on your side I think things might go better - and any job is definitely a good idea at this point! Hang in there

Vickie - glad that Cassie seems in good shape - hope all tests come out okay. Have fun tomorrow with your family.

Melissa - stay positive - you might want to check out the cheaper place - but in the long run $3K will not make a big difference - and definitely get the place if you like the location/backyard! Good luck w/the pre-approval docs.

Coco - stay focused - only a temporary number!

Saundra - name of restaurant please? (inquiring minds want to know!).

Did not wait too long at dr's (about 1 hr?) - she was surprised to see that I was not getting better and said definitely the antibiotics were not working (biaxin) and even if it was viral I should have been already feeling better. So new prescription and a note saying I could NOT RETURN TO WORK TIL THURSDAY!!! Can you believe this? I am freaking out here - and wondering what my desk, emails etc will look like. And I think my mgr will be upset when she returns to find out I've been away so long - what a sicko I am.

So off I go to the pharmacy (via grocery store to stock up for my next couple of days at home) - told a 20 min wait for drugs - which turns into 30 mins - turns out the printer is broken and they can't print the labels! They are on the phone to the printer company trying to get someone out to fix it??? I ask how long- they say 20 mins -ya right! I don't think so!

...and did I mention dh is calling me every few minutes re new crisis at home w/dd - thankfully the reception was bad but the message was get home now!

So figure will get prescription later - head home. Turns out dd actually went into the den while dh was on the phone (cancelling his drumming jam session for tonight as he was not feeling well), and turned on the computer, sat on a chair reading a magazine waiting for him to finish - of course he thought this was extremely rude of her (to come in and turn on computer and disturb him on phone), asked her to leave- she of course refused and then all **** broke loose.

I of course have to 'deal' with this and dd keeps saying she did nothing wrong - altho being asked to leave and refusing is not very mature - dh has turned off internet and banned her from the computer for the evening - which was causing major whining! She also upsets her little brother by telling him he can't use the computer either - which was untrue and then makes fun of his dad in front of him! She still thinks she did nothing wrong and I am unfair and 'always taking dh's side". Lots of door slamming and loud music in her room after this.

The weirdest thing is she reappeared in the family room about 30 mins later, where I was watching tv, sat and watched with me and started talking to me as if nothing had happened????? Very strange!

Oh ya - dh went back later to get my prescription - turns out dr prescribed an unusual dosage - which they don't have in stock - and it has been ordered for pickup tomorrow morning (we hope). I am still to take the cough syrup w/codeine for nighttime so I can rest!

....and did I mention I still have no paycheque? Seems like in the year 2000 I worked for Health for a few months (assignment) and now that I am back the computer insists I was overpaid? and is holding back not only my paycheque but an overtime cheque as well ( = $2500!!!)....I asked if they would also like my first born child as well? It's like 6 years later? and it's not like I skipped the country (even if this was for real). So they are now doing some sort of pay audit which will take a couple of days! Maybe I won't even get my next paycheque - I guess I will go live with the payclerk when the bank repossesses my house when I don't pay my mortgage?

Time for bed!

Frouf
Old 03-14-2006, 08:04 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Oh Frouf, you can always get a part time job at Yuk Yuks. It's 8:00 am and I'm sitting here laughing at your coments. Your household sounds like a zoo, but great material for Howie Mandel. I don't know what pharmacy you deal with, but they should have called another one to see if they had the med. Hope you start on the mend real soon. BTW, it was Oggi's in Manotick. After everything else, we think we were overcharged.

Sandra, your trip sounds beautiful. We absolutely love nature, and your descriptions made for beautiful images. Did you take pictures?

Gotta do some computer stuff for Bern now, check in later,
Old 03-14-2006, 08:18 AM   #58  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I don't have much time but wanted to stop in. I have to plan my lunch at Champps, www.champps.com. My plan is to eat my big meal today at lunch and then just have a smaller lunch sized meal at dinner time. Confusing huh?

Frouf, I'm very relieved to hear that you got different medicine, although you don't have it yet?! Your DH doesn't sound too much better either. If you Doctor knew you couldn't get your medicine last night, she'd probably tell you to stay off all week. Don't worry about your boss. If you die, she'll have to fill your job and then she'll be REAL crabby. You can't help it, so try not to worry about it. You'll get through the pile on your desk eventually. I would be LIVID about no paycheck. With the US government, when this happens, they are required to keep paying you your normal rate (even if it's wrong) until they complete the audit and figure out what's wrong. Then they are only allowed to take out a maximum percentage amount until you are paid back. Shame on them! If I were you, I'd be calling your boss's boss today (the one you say is nice) to plead with him to get you a check. I hope you get your medicine early today and that it starts working immediately.

Sandra, you sound like you had a blast and the scenery sounds just breathtaking. I'm glad we got the halfway through report. You do sound tired, though, so I'm happy you went and rested last night.

Kathy, I believe you can do this too. You've already been unbelievably successful. I can't believe the drama you had last night but I'm really happy that it doesn't seem to have hurt Shaun's chances to get into the Navy. You guys had a real life intervention last night! Someday, Shaun will realize how much you and Judd love him and he will be grateful. I'm guessing you slept well?

Saundra, I hate when I go to a new restaurant and am disappointed. But, I love trying new ones out so that's the price I pay. It's certainly harder now when trying to eat Core.

Melissa, when will you know about the pre-approval?

Gotta go post my menu and pick something to eat from Champps so that I know what condiments to bring with me. I will treadmill today. I promised myself and Kathy that I would.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:18 AM   #59  

Good morning, everybody! It's a beautiful sunny day here in north Texas and I'm zippin' to go!

Frouf, I hope today is much better with the new meds. That home situation is funny although I'm sure at the time it was anything BUT. Is Emily still going to counseling? Sounds like Mr. Frouf could use a few more sessions on exercising patience but I know that all that flies out the window when people don't feel well. Anyway, hopefully it'll be much better very very soon.

My day has started off well but that's because I didn't have to speak to anyone this morning except for the cat (shut up, I'm not feeding you!) and the dog (go potty and come right back in!) and the clerk at 7-11 (thanks, you have a nice day too) ... I'm sure when people get to the office and start messing with me, my pleasant mood will deteriorate rapidly.

But my food is all lined up for today and you guys would be proud of me! The scale was even down a little over a pound this morning despite some heavy beer consumption last night after all **** broke loose at our house (seems as though that's almost the norm sometimes, isn't it Frouf?). But still ... I'm on track again. I have even reprinted my journal pages for the rest of the month and added a little place for two oils and two dairy products and put two cute little check mark boxes beside. By the time this journal evolves thru all these revisions, it will be suitable for mass reproduction and selling on the open market!

Good morning, Vickie! You sound great today! I hope you're feeling well and have a nice lunch. I'm going to check out that place you're going. Oh and that reminds me, I saw a Ruby Tuesday's commercial the other day. We don't have one nearby but I think probably there's one in Dallas or Fort Worth. I might have to check it out because they had these teeny little hamburgers that were soooo cute!

I'm off to post my menu. I hope everyone has a super day!
Old 03-14-2006, 08:22 AM   #60  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'll either have the sirloin or the salmon broiled with no butter. I'll have a baked potato if they have it and try to get the fresh veggies grilled with no butter.
Closed Thread