Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 09:56 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Hi Emily, you've come to a good place.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:00 AM   #32  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Saundra, DO go on! We need all the help and different perspectives we can get.

Kathy, I think you make some great points about the Core foods. Potato is not a trigger for me. I can eat one serving but I love them and have them often. I'm sure I am going to stay the same or gain again this week. I exercised 2 times on the treadmill and cleaned one day for 6 hours straight. Okay, so what's up with that? Shouldn't I have lost? I didn't start eating more. I have to look at the types and amounts of food I'm eating. If I was losing, I wouldn't weigh and journal, but since I'm not...I think I better start doing something different. I thought the exercise was it but apparently 2-3 times a week is not enough. I guess I'll try 3-4 days this week. WHY IS THIS SO HARD!!!!!

Frouf, I hope to God that you stayed home today. I cannot believe you were even considering going to work after telling us that you are worse. IMHO, you need to see a Doctor. At least let him tell you that it viral. Poor baby, I wish I could help.

I have to go weigh in about 15 minutes. I'm not staying for the meeting because my Cassie Scottie dog is having her ultrasound. I'm trying to stay close to home or to the Vet's office. They say she won't be done until 1:00 but I'm hoping they send her home early. I made quite a pitch for it this morning. She's hungry and she throws up when her tummy is empty. Plus, I don't want them making her hold her urine for a long time after coming off the UTI. I'm sure they called me a crazy babe when I walked out. Oh Well....Cassie and Cameo are my babies! Don't care what they think as long as they take good care of my babies.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:01 AM   #33  
Southside White Sox Fan

Emily, Welcome to Core. I'm slumping a bit too. Maybe your enthusiasm will help me!
Old 03-13-2006, 10:02 AM   #34  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, I think the potato/yogurt comparison comes down to satisfaction. I'm much more satisfied after eating a potato than I am from eating yogurt. Plus, isn't there alot of fiber in the potato and none in the yogurt? That's just my best guess.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:08 AM   #35  

Height: 5'7"

My only question is why fat-free instead of reduced fat? Especially when FF contains more sugar. I didn't really mean to compare the potatoes and yogurt; just meant that I can't believe on one hand potatoes are allowed knowing they cause such an insulin surge, but the yogurt isn't Core. Neither are a trigger for me. I think they should spell out the rules and let everyone decide their own triggers. As for the fiber in the potato, most of it is in the skin so unless people eat the skin, they don't get the fiber.

Oh well! It seems to work for a lot of people. I just have to watch my intake carefully because I can eat three big meals and two snacks (big for me) and still only come up with 1000-1100 calories, and that's including the oil and dairy.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:32 AM   #36  
Melissa

Morning gals! I only have a minute but wanted to say hello.
DH is calling our mortgage-person today to see what we need to do to be pre-approved. We should have already done it, then we could be making an offer.
Hope that everyone is having a good day.
Here's some good-luck blinks for Vickie, Coco, and anyone else who w/i today!
Old 03-13-2006, 11:43 AM   #37  
Southside White Sox Fan

Melissa, I forgot to tell you how happy I am for you. How exciting and kind and wonderful that you'll have help with your down deposit. You can put in a bid in Chicago without being pre-approved. It's just not as great as a pre-approval offer. Can't you place a bid and tell them you are going through the pre-approval process?

Well, I gained 1.6 but I'm ok. My Leader thinks it's partially because I did so much exercise this week after basically nothing for months. I'm scared because I've gained about 8 pounds in the last 5 weeks. It MUST stop and it will. I am also going to increase my exercise. Now I'm mad.

I've got errands to run and a puppy to fret over. I'll be back later.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:11 PM   #38  

Vickie, you'll be back on track soon. Just hang in there. I hope Cassie is doing okay at the doctor's ... I'll be checking back for updates.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:46 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Just popped in to see what's happening. I've cleaned all morning. Did I catch someone's "cleaning bug"? Looking good, now time to enjoy a good bath.

Vickie, sorry to hear about the gain, but you have such determination that I know it will reverse real soon.

Kathy, did I make any sense? You've lost big time, so you're doing something right.

Coco, did you get to WW today? Hope all is well with dh.

Melissa, I'm sure the authorization will go fine, especially with down payment in hand.

Frouf, are you okay? It's so miserable out there. I've got chicken soup in the freezer, if you need some.

Off to warm water,
Old 03-13-2006, 12:53 PM   #40  

You made perfect sense. I know that picking something and setting your mind to stick with it is the key ... this flopping around has sidetracked me more than once. I think that being close to goal is a bad thing for me, because it takes away what I'm aiming for, and I always tell myself I can lose it later. I'm sure if I were to go naked in a houseful of mirrors for a few days, that would be enough to convince me to stay on plan.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:30 PM   #41  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Well Vickie - you were right - what was I thinking when I said I was going back to work??...just the guilt talking? I feel so bad about being away so long but I did call the dr and have an appt later this afternoon - so hopefully 'help' is on the way - it's this nasty coughing which is doing me in - gives me a headache - and certainly not good for resting.

Dh sounds a bit better - and dd also seems to be on the mend - no more fever and coughing less frequently - what a mess we are here!

Dull gray rainy day out there and I am not looking forward to going out (still in my jammies right now).

Vickie - don't fret on the slight gain - I know you won't give up - exercising more frequently will certainly help - have you ever tried entering your foods on fitday? I still do that once in a while to see my calorie/fat/fibre/protein intake -like a mini spot check.

Hope Cassie is okay!

Saundra - I can't even imagine having to talk about eating more! But I agree that if you have to stay OP cuz you know yourself and how you react then by all means do so. I like many others have regained weight previously lost due to 1 too many treats!

Melissa -good luck with the house bid- we shall wait with bated breath for some good news.

Kathy- I think the issue w/core is whole natural foods so ff PLAIN yogurt w/added fruit is probably better than one with artifical sweeteners and other chemical enhancers??? As for the potato triggering a surge - I think it depends on the person? I would not binge on a baked potato - but give me some mashed potatoes and I could eat the whole pot (big comfort food when growing up!). I also would not even think of binging on yogurt either - but I do eat sf/ff yogurt which I consider core even tho it is not.

Coco - did you get to your WI? and how is your hubby doing today?

Angela - any leftover pumpkin bread for the rest of us?

I should probably be napping but don't really feel like it- will have to shower and get dressed to go to dr eventually - very late appt which leads me to believe dr is way overbooked and working late - and I will probably be there for a couple of hours! At least it's March break here so no dance classes or other shuttling duties for the week - yippee!

Frouf
Old 03-13-2006, 02:07 PM   #42  

HI
Just checking in for a few.
Hubby is feeling better today. He says he just feels real tried. But ask if he felt like going so I could weigh in. And he said yes. So will get ready and go here in a little bit. He likes to go. Cause I always get him a coffee to drink while we are there. And some kind of bar. Like slim fast or something like that. And then he always gets the USA Today. And reads it while I am there for the meeting. But told him if he didnt feel like going just tell me. So will see what happens.
Well I guess we are suppose to get some bad storms after bit. So not sure if I will be able to get on after weigh in or not. Will depend on the weather.

VICKIE Sorry about the gain. But I think I am going to have one too. How's Cassie. Hope she is doing ok.

SEPTEMBERSGOAL That is wonderful your in-laws want to help. That will be great. How exciting for you.

FROUFY Sorry you arent feeling good. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

KATPO I know I have had the same questions about some stuff on core. But if figured well they know what they are talking about.

Well going to get off here. Just wanted to check in. Hope everyone has a great day. Thinking of all of you.
coco
Old 03-13-2006, 03:51 PM   #43  
Melissa

Hi ladies, sure is quiet around here!

Frouf, I'm glad that you stayed home. I hope that you are able to rest and feel better soon.

Coco, I'm also glad to hear that your DH is feeling better. How was w/i today?

Vickie, I'm sure the gain is related to exercise. You sound like a determined woman, which is great. Being in pain has sapped so much out of you (rightly so, you've done much better than I would have in your situation). How's Cassie?

Murphy is feeling much more like his old self. I just hate that he has almost a MONTH's worth of prednisone left!! He has to go out constantly.

Well turns out our broker's father is ill and she is out of the office today. Said she would call DH back in the morning but that we will have to go there (about 30 mins) to do paperwork, etc for pre-approval. I'm frustrated because I wanted to go quick. But if we are supposed to have it then everything will work out. I actually just saw on a for sale by owner website that another house on the same street is listed 3,000 less than the one we are looking at. We'll have to drive by it. The one we are looking at is almost at the end of a dead-end and backs to greenspace though, and that's why I like it. That's worth 3,000 to me.

Another hour of work!!! And almost everyone is gone from the office so I'm feeling useless.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:55 PM   #44  
focused and aiming

what a great surprise seeing a new thread--and 3 pages already!!! i'll have to go back and read later. i just wanted to pop in with an update. i wish i had some good excuses but i don't. unofficially i am 3rd in the nation with this week's indoor nationals. a lady from michigan and one from massachusettes outshot me. i am 8 points behind 1st place. all this isn't official until combined scores are posted on the us archery website. right now, all scores are posted as turned in by their regions. they are just not "put together" yet.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:59 PM   #45  

Welcome back! Third sounds good to me although I'm sure you'd rather be first -- did you have a good time?
Closed Thread