Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 06:21 PM   #16  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm cooking dinner now. I already did about 4 loads of laundry. We are going to watch lots of TV tonight too. I'll shower if the storms aren't too bad. We have severe thunderstorm warnings and tornado watches. Welcome to Spring in Chicago!
Old 03-12-2006, 06:36 PM   #17  

Height: 5'7"

Vickie, I would LOVE some rain right now. It's nearly 90 and just miserable. Judd has been in the yard all day fertilizing and edging and mowing and bagging and pulling weeds and watering ... and on and on and on. He's about ready to drop. He didn't go to the gym today though; said this labor would count as his workout. Darn right!

I'm all clean with damp hair, and when it dries a little more I'll straighten it. He's having LO turkey burgers and corn from last night; kids will have whatever they can find. I'm not having anything but water and one diet root beer later on.

Where is everyone?
Old 03-12-2006, 06:59 PM   #18  

Evening Everyone
Just thought I would try and get on.And did.
Hubby still isnt feeling very good. But still cant get him talked into going and getting checked out.

VICKIE I will be thinking of you tomorrow for weigh in. And I hope Cassie gets along alright tomorrow also. Give her a hug for me.

KATPO Love the picture. Did you get to ride your new bike yet. I bet you had a blast. Just be careful.

Well it did clear up here some today. But then it is going to get colder. I hope hubby feels better in the morn. If it isnt too bad or pouring the rain. I want to try and walk. But will have to wait and see how he is feeling. Maybe son will stay with him so I can walk. I dont know though. I may have to try and weigh in in the morn or afternoon tomorrow. Will depend on how hubby is. If he isnt feeling any better I will go while son is here. Cause son has school tomorrow night. And wont be here. And right now I dont want to leave hubby.
Well I hope everyone had a great day. Just wanted to check in for a few.
Hope everyone has a great night.
Will check in tomorrow.
Night everyone
coco.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:40 PM   #19  
Melissa

Hi all! It's been a good day. We went to the open house and took MIL and FIL, then they came over for taco salads. And then offered to pay our down payment. Can you believe it? I am so excited and antsy I don't even know what to do with myself. I just really like this house and there is nothing comparable in the price range. The carpets and two doors need to be replaced ( have cat doors in them ) but other than that it is in good condition. DH is going to call about getting us pre-approved tomorrow so that we can make an offer.

Vickie, thanks for caring! It's been exciting. I hope that you are relaxing and enjoying yourself this evening.

Kathy, I don't blame you for not making the cake. You need to rest!

Coco, I'm so sorry that your DH isn't feeling well. I hope that he is doing better tomorrow. Congrats on doing all of that walking!

Speaking of walking I am so sore today from aerobics that I am actually limping. Isn't that just sad?
Old 03-12-2006, 07:49 PM   #20  

What an incredible surprise, Melissa! I am so excited for you two!

Go rest those muscles. Can you believe the weekend is already over???
Old 03-12-2006, 08:06 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Wow Melissa, how wonderful for you and Aaron! You deserve it. I can't wait to hear about your progress. All the best.

Vickie, sounds like you are ready to relax tonight, I hear you girl. I've been on the go since 11:00 this morning. The kids just left, and the kitchen is done. I made a big salad and salmon, egg and tuna salads with ff mayo and miracle whip. I also put together some avacodo, shrimp and egg salad. I had fresh bagels for the group and I had ww bread, which is more than I usually will eat. Everyone enjoyed, and dil helped my a lot with prep and cleanup.

Kathy, smart girl to put off making the cake. Time to look after yourself and just sit and take it easy tonight. We'll have to discuss Tony and the gang tomorrow.

So, off to the couch and just hope that I stay awake for the action....
Old 03-12-2006, 09:22 PM   #22  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Hi there

Sicko Frouf checking in - do you know what it's like to cough so hard your lungs almost escape your body? Well I do! Wow - I am getting worse not better. I did take some cough medicine w/codeine last night so was able to sleep - and have been taking meds most of the day but this is getting ridiculous. Dh is also not sounding much better altho the pills are giving him some pain relief.

I am planning to go to work tomorrow and will see how I do! Will bring some cough medicine with me just in case.

Melissa - sounds like the house is a happening thing! How lovely and generous of your inlaws to help you out - it will certainly make a great difference. My parents gave us $10K when we bought our first home and it was so helpful - esp when we added our own savings to come up with a big downpayment! Good luck!

Saundra - sounds like you had a lovely day and busy dinner w/your family! Hope all your ice has melted (we still have a bit of a lip/dip at the end of our driveway - but in the middle you can actually see pavement!!!!)

Kathy - Definitely relax and take care of yourself first! Your bike looks gorgeous - have fun with it.

Vickie- sorry to hear about the continuing tummy troubles- I hope your internist can help you figure out what the culprits are! Good luck w/Cassie's ultrasound tomorrow.

Coco - how is your dh feeling? I also would not want to leave him alone! Make sure he gets to the hospital if that is what is needed!

Dh and I were 'awakened' by little ds at 8:53 am and he had a bday party this morning at 9:30 like across town. We whipped on some clothes, wrapped the gift, fed ds and were zooming cross town (120 km/hr) and made it by 9:33 - not shabby. Went out for breakfast - then picked him up at 11:30 -then headed home for a NAP - yes I actually slept from 1 to around 3 pm....then drove big ds downtown to pick up equipment (drums, amps) from downtown club. Dh was furious w/me and ds as he feels I shouldn't be doing anything when I'm sick-ya right- like life goes on whether I want it to or not!

Otherwise trying to keep the house clean as long as possible - hahaha....and I have not been doing any cooking so it's been pretty easy! Will try and go to bed early tonight (altho dd now insists I have to tuck her in every night or she can't sleep? very strange for a 14 yr old? - told her too bad I'm going to bed early tonight! - wonder what she will do?).

Frouf
Old 03-13-2006, 08:34 AM   #23  

Frouf, I don't know how you are going to work today, but hope it goes well. Haven't checked the temp yet, is it spring or winter? Our pavement is all back now.

We really enjoyed Sopranos last night, it keeps you going. Then I watched Grey's Anatomy by myself as Bernie can't take that type of show. BTW, Sandra Oh went to school with ds and they were in improv together. My guy was captain of her team.

I don't have a car, so it's a quiet day here. Weight went down again, so I really do have to ad more points. I made scones yesterday, guess I'll put some jam on one.

Bernie works till four and then we have an appointment with finanancial planner since last week was cancelled. Probably have dinner out and then pick up car from ds, how exciting.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:03 AM   #24  

Saundra, I think Grey's Anatomy might be my favorite show on right now. I love the music and the characters and the writing is just fabulous! I used to be a big Desperate Housewives fan as well (so Sunday nights were a happy time for me) but it has gotten so campy and a little far-fetched.

Now tell me how you managed to lose more weight. I'm taking notes ...
Old 03-13-2006, 09:13 AM   #25  

Good morning all! We also had rain here yesterday, along with some hail and high winds. As Vickie says, welcome to spring in the midwest! (I modified her statement a little ) This morning I'm cleaning house furiously. Since I was gone this weekend, the house has pretty much fallen apart. I also have loads and loads of laundry to do. But it's all good. I'm also going to make some pumpkin bread for the girls for breakfast tomorrow. I got tired of giving them cereal and granola bars every morning, so I decided to follow the school breakfast menu. It's kind of fun, really. They get a variety, and it's very affordable foods too. Like last week they had breakfast burritos, muffins, bagels w/cream cheese, etc. The menu for tomorrow says warm cinnamon bread, but I'm taking liberties with it and making pumpkin.

I'd better go now and make dd's lunch.

Later!
Angela
Old 03-13-2006, 09:19 AM   #26  

Okay Kathy, start writing....I'm sticking to core foods and not adding enough WPA's. I have not been exercising, so it's just intake. However, I was 144.5 today, and I don't want to be that low. I've just got to let go a little.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:21 AM   #27  

Hi Angela, sounds like you have a busy day ahead. I wish we had any type of spring here, it just seems to go from winter to almost summer which can happen in June. We do get nice days here and there, but you never know what's around the corner.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:22 AM   #28  

So a little bit of intake or a lot? Do you snack? Eat all your meals? Get dairy? Do you eat potatoes?

Here's a thing that puzzles me about Core. Everything is FF this and FF that, which of course adds sugar. But a teeny bit of sugar in my Dannon Light 'n Fit yogurt (4 oz. container = 60 calories and has splenda) is a no-no. And a medium-sized white potato triggers the same blood glucose response as 29 tsps. of table sugar, but it's okay?

Still writing ...
Old 03-13-2006, 09:39 AM   #29  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Hi all!

I usually post on the WW at Home and today is my first day with Core - I've been going through a slump lately so I thought this would be perfect to give my body a shake up

I'm looking forward to eating a lot of fruit with this plan. I made the blueberry corn muffins last night and was pretty pleased with them. I also made the CORE Cobbler for a dinner Friday night and everyone really liked it so that's definitely a keeper
Old 03-13-2006, 09:50 AM   #30  

You see, Kathy, I'm not doing a whole lot of counting. You're like my niece, very scientific. Don't get me wrong, i understand what you're doing, but for me, it's just working being really basic. They say, ff only, so I do ff. I ad fruit and Spenda or DaVinci to yogurt. I get milk in cereal, coffee, tea and yogurt. I like a glass of milk, so have no problem with it. I'm not as good as I used to be about the water, but I do have more than before WW. I don't have trouble with the five fruits or veggies, cause I make salad every day and serve at least one other vegetable. Ad that to the fruits, and I'm pretty close. I snack with fruit or core banana loaf during the day and popcorn at night when I feel like it. Sometimes, I think I want something and don't want to go downstairs to get it. That means I'm not hungry, so that's okay too. Having slipped off so many times, I know that for me, I must stay OP. I will have a non core treat one of these days, but it can't be a habit, but a REAL TREAT. I've gone on too long, but I hope it helps.
Closed Thread