Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 02:10 PM   #136  
Southside White Sox Fan

I walked on the treadmill for 35 minutes and went 1.37 miles. That is my 3rd exercise this week. Heel hurts like **** but I MUST lose on Monday. I'm off to a bubble bath with a Cherry Garicia Smoothie.....yum fruit and milk.

My thoughts are will all of you who are the walking wounded; Frouf, Kathy, Angela, Saundra......
Old 03-18-2006, 02:38 PM   #137  
Melissa

Wow, I thought I would be really behind. What's everyone up to?

Frouf, I'm so sorry about your MIL. I hope that you are feeling better by now, too.

Vickie, on exercising even though you don't feel like it. I'm sure you are going to see great results on Monday.

Kathy, I'm sorry to hear that you are at work today. So what is the cause of your numbness, do you know? That's pretty scary to me.

Angela, happy birthday to dd!! I hope that you all can rest out whatever illness is creeping into your home. Kids sure drag it home don't they?

We went to look at two more houses this morning, one of which went under contract last night. So we didn't bother. Went to look at another one that seemed really interesting online but turned out to have the interstate in the backyard. I knew the interstate was close, but it was seriously in the backyard, and there was no guardrail. Crazy, huh? So we think we have decided on this certain area where there are three different subdivisions. We think we're just going to get pre-approved and wait until something we love in our price range comes on the market in one of those three subdivisions. I think that's about the best way we can do it right now (keeping other options of course, but focusing on those areas since they are our favorites).

I hope that everyone is having a great Saturday!
Old 03-18-2006, 05:06 PM   #138  
Southside White Sox Fan

Melissa, are you also watching for people to list house for sale by owner? I have a Nephew In Law who is a real estate agent so I'm not anti-REA but lots of people these days sell by themselves. Sometimes you can get a good deal that way.

I'm going to relax for few minutes before I go mix up my corncakes. I'm really looking forward to them since I'm craving bread so bad.

Nothing planned for this evening or tomorrow. I may get up and shower and go to Walmart tomorrow with Jim. I know I won't be able to walk on the treadmill with how my heel feels. Maybe I could do WATP. I think that was low impact.

Talk to you all later. Seriously quiet here. I hope that doesn't mean bad things for our program!
Old 03-18-2006, 05:13 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Hi, just dropped in for a bit. It's been busy around here. Last night we did a "girls dinner out" which turned out a lot better than I anticipated. This morning, ds and dil did a very nice brunch and had two other neighbour couples who my sis and I know well. They put out quite a spread and a good time was had by all. Natan was wonderful and a big hit. Tonight we go see other ds in Grease, so it is a busy day. Sis is resting right now, and I'm about to veg for an hour.

I'll catch up on all the reading here tomorrow, and until then, have a great weekend.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:51 PM   #140  

Height: 5'7"

I'm home from work now and resting for 30 seconds ... we're going bowling tonight. Uh-uh, you heard me. So I got my very pretty purple and green stuff out ... swirly ball with my KATPO engraved in it, cute shoes, a nice clean purple towel and my purple bag that holds it all. I'm stylin' even though I'm the worst bowler ever, but at least I have fun.

I went to the store between work and home, and got a couple of things. One was a rotisserie chicken which I just took off the bone and put in ziploc bag; also got Judd lots of things for his lunches next week. He's gone with our neighbor to pick up our motorcycle trailer that the neighbor's boss borrowed a few weeks ago. We think Kate might need it to move next week so we want to be prepared. The worst thing about owning a big trailer (this is one of those flatbed trailer with mesh sides like landscapers use) is that everyone wants to borrow it. We should charge them.

I'll check in later on tonight or in the morning -- meanwhile, hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:54 PM   #141  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, you'll be the cutest bowler there. I LOVE to bowl but haven't been able to do so for years because of my elbow. Have fun!

Saundra, you sound like you're having a ball. I'm so jealous of maintenance. I can't wait until I get there. Right now a "spread" strikes terror in my heart!
Old 03-18-2006, 06:08 PM   #142  

Oh yeah, and add to this my very cute clean hair which will be messed up by having smoke in it.

I went to a different hair place today because all the girls at work said it was good. It's a walk-in place so I had no control over who I got. Who I got, though, was this old guy who knew NOTHING about hair. Lordy, why is he even there??? He shampooed it but no conditioner, trimmed the ends (no problem there) and then blow dried it. I looked like a 70s Farrah Fawcett who had just seen a ghost. Frizzy hair with wings and the whole mess stuck out like crazy. I was embarassed to even drive home. I did though, and cleaned it up the best I could. I straightened it, put in some hot rollers, and straightened some more. Talk about a wake-up call! Don't try a new place!
Old 03-18-2006, 07:10 PM   #143  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Too funny Kathy - I think he gave you a GREAT bowling hairdo - shame on you for restyling it - ha ha ha- I guess once it gets smoke filled it hardly matters! Have fun in your fashionable bowling gear!

Vickie - good for you for exercising - but sorry about your heel? Should you rest it for a while?

Saundra - sounds like you are having a great visit with your sister! So where is Grease playing? (did not notice that anywhere!).

Angela - I bet your SIL will be thrilled with all the work you are putting into the house - and I know warm clothes will come in handy - no matter how warm it is in mid-april I highly doubt it will be anywhere near what she is used to in Columbia.

I am feeling a bit better but honestly can't believe how long I have been sick - still stuffy sinuses and taking ovc meds (decongestant) along with the antibiotics (speaking of which I just realized I did not take today's dose yet!).

Yesterday was a horrible day - with news of the death - dd started crying when I told her - and of course she and her dad had a major blowout so she did not go to his place this weekend - he was certainly losing it - but that is to be understood - she was of course being her 'difficult' self.

Went to bed around midnight - finally fell asleep - woke up around 8:30 am when a small visitor came to our bedroom - but I guess he went downstairs and we fell back asleep and did not wake up untl 1 PM - CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? Just like a teenager - ha ha ha. So a very late start to the day - ate breakfast (can you call it that?) and dh and I went out at 3 pm to do our groceries and lugged it all home and put it away - and I cooked up a pot of spaghetti sauce and before you know it - it's after 6 pm - what a weird day.

Frouf
Old 03-18-2006, 09:38 PM   #144  
Melissa

Vickie, I hope you're right and the slowness around here isn't from us all being bad!!

We ended up with a fairly lazy afternoon. Went to see the house this morning, then met up with my mom for a little shopping and lunch. It was after 2pm before we got home. After relaxing for a little while I went to the grocery for some veggies and stuff on sale. Kroger had Campbell's portable soup (on hand or something like that) on sale for $1, so I got a bunch so that Aaron and I can keep them at work for when we are stuck without lunch. No excuse to go out that way. Now he is studying and I should be doing something productive but I am miserably tired, despite sleeping in this morning. I think I'm going to shower and then head for the bed very soon.

Vickie, I'm keeping my eyes on everything. Thanks for the tip though. I hope that your heel isn't giving you too much trouble. I'm hoping to do some WATP tomorrow too. I was planning on doing it today, but of course it didn't happen.

Saundra, it sounds like you are having a wonderful time with your family. Glad you checked in!

Frouf, I'm sure your body was telling you it needed to sleep all day! It sounds like you are feeling somewhat better and that's great. I know you are sick of being sick!

Kathy, I hope that you are having a great time bowling tonight. I know you at least look good!!

I've been thinking about my weight loss goals this weekend quite a bit. I've been so bad and stagnant as a result. Thursday we found out that DH's high school reunion is 7/22/06. Talk about motivation!! Old girlfriends and the like will be there. We both want to get in much better shape by then. I think it will serve as great motivation. I even pulled out my South Beach Diet book to review some of those principles. It is so much like core, except more restrictive. I'm thinking of restricting my carbs for a few weeks to get myself back into gear. I guess I should say restricting my SUGAR intake, as that is the main problem with me. So I'm planning on doing some adjustments this week to my attitude and behaviors.

Well I guess I'm off to the shower since it seems like no one is around tonight. Good night all!
Old 03-19-2006, 06:54 AM   #145  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I woke up out of a sound sleep at 4:54 from a HORRIBLE nightmare. It was SO real. I started so badly that I woke Jim up. Needless to say, we both ended up getting up. I can feel that I'm very tired and will need a nap later.

Kath, I ususally have better luck than that when someone scouts something out for me first. Too bad because it's always nice to have someone great to do your hair. I like my Stylist now but I can't style my hair the way she does. She does it all modern and then I make it go back somewhere between the old way and the modern way!

Frouf, I'm sure DD is acting out because she doesn't really know how to deal with her grief. You'll all need some time to work through this emotionally. I'm sure you and DH are emotionally drained too. I'm hoping that you both feel better today. Sleep and fluids are probably the best thing you could do for yourself.

Melissa, what a great idea for lunches for you and Aaron. I think you sound very introspective about your weight loss goals. I'm having trouble and I have 120 pounds to lose. You'd think I'd be going like gangbusters. My problem is fat and starchy carbs. I love my margarine. I've been trying to cut back and I'm doing much better. What's really helping is to force myself to count every drop that I'm using. Very eye opening. At least you have 4 months until the reunion. If you work very, very hard you might be able to lose 10 pounds. I couldn't....but you might!!!!!! I just can't make myself give up the carbs any more. Maybe we should listen to Kathy and at least cut back on them. I think my portions of Core carbs get too big.

Well, I'm depressed that my scale is up this morning. You'd think after exercising 3 times this week when other weeks was nothing that the scale would be down. I'm hoping that it's just salt since I had a lot of pudding and stuff yesterday. I'm going to drink as much water as I can today. I'd love to go to Walmart today with Jim, but I don't know if my heel will handle it. It's a heel spur and so it feels like a stone bruise on the bottom part which makes contact with the ground with every step. I'm sure Sandra understands. I'll decide if I want to pursue that surgery after I hear from Sandra what it entails!

Ok I'm off to make a menu thread and surf for a while. I can eat breakfast in about 20 minutes.

Hope you all have a great Core day!
Old 03-19-2006, 10:34 AM   #146  

Good morning! It's raining cats and dogs (and horses too) here and is expected to last all day. What a great excuse to be lazy, especially since there won't be a security guard at work so I can't go in. Judd's golf game is cancelled, of course.

I've got lots of laundry to do and must go to the Neighborhood Market for some drinks and snacks for work. I'm also going to make a cake for work -- finally. Oh and I'm so mad at myself I could spit. Last night I put a pork tenderloin out to thaw for today and forgot to put it in the fridge before bed. It was still out this morning but it was cool to the touch so I'm going to contact the pork council and ask what they think. I'll probably end up throwing it away and that won't make me happy. It was like $14 or so. Grrrr!

We got home from bowling around 10 but I was tired and smelly so I just took a bath and went right to bed. It was okay but I certainly would have rather stayed home. Oh well...

Frouf, my prayers are with your entire family. What a terrible situation! I also can't figure out why someone couldn't make a simple phone call to let XDH's side of the family know instead of having them read about it in the paper. Sad stuff. I hope Emily does okay at the service.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:30 PM   #147  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, I'm glad the rain got you Judd's company and a day off.

I'm off to eat lunch. Just thought I'd stop in.
Old 03-19-2006, 04:26 PM   #148  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow....this program is cancelled for lack of interest. I've been known to talk to myself but this is crazy!

I just stopped in before I started making applesauce and preparing for dinnner. I'm still praying for a loss tomorrow. My heel is feeling a bit better.

I guess your all having fun enjoying your Sunday!
Old 03-19-2006, 04:37 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Hello there,

Company left this morning and when we got home from the station, we decided to tackle the basement. Wound up doing a major purge. We brought boxes and boxes to Goodwill. It feels so good to do the early spring cleaning. There are things that dated back many years. Lots to go to the garbage too.

It was a good visit. The play last night was delightful, and when your kid is in it, it is extra special. Adam was good, and it was nice to see the players after the performance. They are a nice group of young people. The majority of them are in university and are adorable.

Now it's quiet here (which is a good thing), and back to the routine.

BTW, Vickie, I didn't partake of the "spread" yesterday. I only had the salad and a cup of tea. it is overcautious of me, but that is where I am at this time. One day, I'll let go more, but I guess I just don't want to go back to the place I was and am still nervous about it.

Frouf, hope it went okay for you all today. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, and know how difficult it is to get through times like this. Your love and fond memories will help you through it.

Off to the kids now,
Old 03-19-2006, 04:48 PM   #150  
Melissa

Well today has been interesting!! I woke up this morning with an excrutiating pain in my knee--well it only hurts when I bend it/put pressure on it (stairs, sitting on the potty etc). It is terrible pain too. I'm not sure what to do. I didn't do anything strenuous. It scares me because that's what happened when my disc ruptured--I had some pain off and on for years and then one morning I woke up with a ruptured disc. I have had "bad knees" for years, they pop and creak and when I was younger I had to wear a brace for awhile on the OTHER knee, but nothing like this. I have felt cruddy today and after lunch have just been napping on the couch. And I had every intention of WATP today, but with my knee it just isn't going to happen.
Does anyone else care about the NCAA tournament? I can't believe how awful UK is doing--there is 18 seconds left and they are 2 behind Connecticut. I think they're going to lose already.

Vickie, I'm sorry that you were talking to yourself earlier. I was being lazy. Thanks for your encouragement, I really appreciate it. My plan is to try to eat salads every day this week for lunch with some sort of protein. I'm sorry that your scale was up, you really deserve to see it go down.

Saundra, you might be overcautious, but your discipline is quite remarkable. It's inspiring in fact! I'm glad that you've had a nice weekend.

Well it's official, UK lost. It was quite depressing. I'm getting ready to run to the grocery store (probably along with the rest of Central Kentucky now that the game is over) to pick up a prescription and some things I forgot yesterday. BBL!
Closed Thread