Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 06:16 PM   #1  
Melissa

Thumbs up The Support is Great on Core Board 38!

Old 01-28-2006, 06:23 PM   #2  
Melissa

Well we are back from running to the grocery and then to the park for some picture-taking. I got a couple of nice shots. I need to update my website with some new pictures. I wonder if anyone would ever buy them? I need to set up a way to do that. Sorry, just rambling.
Well we are working on a budget today to determine how to pay for school. Yes, it starts Monday and we have waited until now. Looks like we'll be pinching some pennies if we want to go to school and save $ to buy a house. So I'm going to try to do more budget-friendly meals, as well as eat in more. Today I stocked up on some healthy choice meals for when we are in a hurry (to keep us from eating out). This may impact how "core" my menu is but I'm going to do the best I can for now. I know you all have heard this sad story from me before. But that's how it is.
When we made our budget we decided that we would each get $50 a month to do with whatever we needed (a new pair of jeans, shoes, whatever). SO Aaron and I now have a wager going. Whoever loses the most weight by the last day of class (in May) will get the other's $50 for June. I'm sure that I will lose but maybe it will be motivating!!
Off to make some supper.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:27 PM   #3  
focused and aiming

thanks for the new pages, melissa. hey, that's a great idea about the $50 prize. i'm rooting for you, girl.

hi there, chickies. i'm still op and going strong. we overslept this am and i didn't go to ww for wi but i weighed here at home 191 so my binge last sunday didn't do too much damage. i exercised an hour yesterday and have already done 40 minutes today. i'll do some more tonight while tv'ing. i've been teasing curtis about how "cute" i am already after 2 days of exercise. he'd tell you all he's living with lucy. he never knows what to expect from me.

i guess frouf is in florida by now. i know she's having a good time. i'm waiting to hear all about her trip. does anyone know when she's due home? i miss her already.

vickie, i know you and i are retired. are you like i am about not wanting to do housework on weekends? it just doesn't seem right, does it? (but then my working mother used to clean house every sat am. not me, though)

kathy, are you feeling better? i just noticed your post from yesterday saying you hoped you'd feel more like talking today. i am worried about you.

coco, do this: highlight this post. then go to edit at the top of the page and left click. scroll down to copy. left click on copy. then go to the blank place at the bottom of this page where we type in new posts. left click on the spot where you would begin typing something to post. after that click, your cursor should be on that blank place. go back to edit at the top of the page and left click it again. scroll down to "paste" and left click "paste." this post should appear in the blank space as if you had retyped it there as a new post. this is how to copy and paste.

if you want to copy and paste something original, then you can either type it in the blank space before going to edit to copy or you can open up a new email and type your message there. (that's what i do. i'm typing on a new email box right now. when i finish typing, i will (1)go to "edit" at the top of the email and left click on "copy". then i will (2) go to the post new reply spot on the 3fc page and click my mouse on the box for new reply so my cursor appears. (3) then i will go to the edit at the top of the 3fc page and scroll down to paste and left click paste. my message will appear in the 3fc box because that's where my cursor was. (4)then i can click "post reply". if it gets lost in cyber space, i just repeat steps 2, 3 and 4. hope this helps.

melissa, looks like we weigh the same again. okay, girl. let's head down that tracker together.

patti, i hope all goes well with dh's job.

kathy, you are doing so well losing weight. i hope you reach 145 monday.

curtis and i have decided to only go out to eat once per week (instead of multi times) except when we're traveling. we're thinking we'll lose better if we eat at home where i definitely know what's in the food.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:35 PM   #4  
Melissa

Sandra, we're together again!!! We are so silly. Of course the way you're exercising, you'll pass me up in no time!! You're doing great! Aaron and I decided to eat out only 1x/week also, for weight loss and $ purposes. I'm sure it will help.
OK, I really have to go fix supper. I'm so hungry!
Old 01-28-2006, 06:58 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Well, hey there. I just got home from the store ... only got SlimFast Optima for Judd and regular SlimFast for Kate. Poor girl is 110 soaking wet (at 5'8"!!) but she drinks it in the morning for breakfast on the way to work. She's done that since she was about 15. I don't mind keeping it on hand for her because at least it's much better than going hungry until lunch.

Anyway, when I walked in, Judd asked if I wanted to go to Spring Creek BBQ for dinner. I don't!! But I said I would, so we will. There is plenty that I can eat like chicken or turkey or even sliced beef, green beans, corn, etc. It won't mess me up, but I had planned to not eat dinner because I had a little run-in this afternoon with a bottle of champagne. I saw it over on the wine rack (I think someone brought it here on New Years Eve) and thought I'd chill it and have a glass. I put it in the freezer, and when I went back a little later it was toooo chilled. I opened it and immediately it all went running out. I tried to catch what I could but half of it went onto the counter. Anyway, I drank the rest. First no-no drink I've had in two weeks, and it was terrible. I said right then ... okay, that was my dinner. Guess not, huh?

When I get back, I have to cook sausage and bacon for Erin. She makes taquitos for breakfast and I usually keep a bowl of cooked sausage (crumbled) in the fridge. This morning she didn't have any before going to work and so she ate whatever she could find. She works sooo hard, because their pharmacy is 24-hours and so they have a lot of business. Anyway, again I don't mind keeping the things on hand that she wants because it keeps her from having to eat a lot of fast food. Both my girls are very thin and in perfect physical condition; I'd hate to have them mess that up by not getting good nutrition. So ...

I suppose we're leaving now. I'll be back on here when we get home.

Thanks for the new pages, Melissa. I was thinking that #37 was getting long.
Old 01-28-2006, 07:45 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

melissa, you'll prob get as much exercise as i will. don't you gazelle? i think it's going to be neat to lose together. we can do it. just think how much fun this is going to be.

kathy, i love spring creek bbq. we don't have any up here but "famous dave's" is being built here right now. i looked at their website. yummy! curtis and i are anxious for it to open. sounds like your girls eat healthy foods. i'll bet you looked just like them when you were their age.

i am picturing you trying to mouth-cork that bottle. wish you had gotten a photo. sounds like you're a lucy clone, too. so am i.
Old 01-28-2006, 07:46 PM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi All! I'm back from dinner. It was Core and Life is Good as my friend Sandra says! You are all right though. It is much cheaper to eat at home and it is also gives much better control about what is going in the food. Even though I interrogate them I have no real way of knowing if they follow my directions. I think they do though. Oh Well.....for now I'm not really going to restrict my eating out. I enjoy it too much.

Kath, good luck at dinner but I know you don't really need it. You'll be great because I know you are so motivated.

Melissa, good for you and Aaron for planning. Planning and budgets are the only way to achieve your objectives. Planning your meals and shopping ahead of time is definitely going to help you with your plan. I'm excited for you. Good luck on the bet.

Sandra, I'm so impressed with your exercise. I'm just not ready to start yet. I'm still hurting and walking makes it worse. I'm SO hoping my procedure will make me well.

I'm heading for the couch. Not feeling real great. I'm sure I'll be back in the morning. Have a great evening.
Old 01-28-2006, 07:48 PM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, Famous Dave's is yummy! I stopped going there though because nothing is Core. They have one of the best burgers around and their barbecue beans and drunken apples are fantastic. Enough now! I'm sure I'm still sporting a couple of Famous Dave's pounds somewhere on my body.
Old 01-28-2006, 07:48 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

vickie, i'm sorry you're not feeling well. i hope you get "mended" when you have that procedure. this has gone on long enough.
Old 01-28-2006, 07:55 PM   #10  

HI
Well not much happening here this eve. Had a nice day here. The sun was shining and it was warm. The wind was a little cool. Just put you in mind of a nice sprind day. But I guess we are to get some rain tomorrow sometime. And then on Monday the temp is to start dropping. And the rain change to snow. I wish it would make up its mind.

ONTARGET Thanks. I didnt try to copy and paste yet. But I will. I am pretty dumb when it comes to this computer stuff. About all I know how to do. Is get on here and check my e-mail and send e-mail.

Well the dryer just dinged. So have to go check on it.And I have another load to dry. dont know. But the dryer hasnt seemed to be drying very good today. Seems to be taking things a long time to get dried.
Well I hope everyone has had a great day. I bet Froufy is having a good time. She deserves this cruise.
Hope everyone has a good night.
coco
Old 01-28-2006, 07:58 PM   #11  
focused and aiming

coco, i have puter problems, too. just hang in there and don't let it frighten you.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:01 PM   #12  
Paula

Good evening everyone. We are back from TN and had a good day with Melissa (daughter). We went to flea markets and walked all day long. I think I will wait until tomorrow to go to the gym. I am really tired!
I hope everyone is feeling better and had a good day.
Melissa, we decided when we started WW to only eat out 1X a week. I can't believe the amount of money we were spending just going out. It was hard to get used to it but we do try. We usually go out to lunch after weight watchers and the rest of the time we eat at home. I did have to buy another freezer though so I can keep stuff on hand and won't have an excuse to go out because I don't have anything to cook.
I am going to go look at my treasures from the various flea markets today and then just relax for the rest of the night. Have a good night everyone.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:18 PM   #13  

We're home. I had sliced beef, green beans and coleslaw. Oh and a big glass of water. I'm full though ... thinking that tomorrow I'll just drink my green tea and water and forego any heavy eating in preparation for the week. I know I'll be eating a lot next week because there will be food everywhere. I'll just try to keep it on plan though with lots of lean meats, vegetables, and my egg for breakfast.

As for Core, I've found that my body doesn't respond well to potatoes, pasta or rice. It just sets me off on a hunger binge, so it's better that I get my carbs from vegetables. I've been trying to stick strictly to what I posted above: fish or chicken, steamed vegetables or salads, and an egg for breakfast. I get in plenty of good oil because of either the salad dressing or what I cook the protein in. As for dairy, I've had some full-fat cheese (pts) but we're out of milk and since nobody else drinks it, I haven't gotten any more.

I'm just glad that I finally got a clue and didn't let myself get any farther out of hand than I did. Plus I have decided to call the body wrap place at 11:00 tomorrow when they open. If nothing else, it'll make my skin feel better. I'll make sure to report back after I get it.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:25 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarget
i am picturing you trying to mouth-cork that bottle. wish you had gotten a photo. sounds like you're a lucy clone, too. so am i.
Sandra, it was definitely a Lucy moment. I ended up just mopping it up using a few rags and wasting it all. However, if I had drank what spilled, it would have still been a waste in a way, so no big deal. I'm glad there were no cameras around.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:22 PM   #15  
Melissa

Evening all! It's almost time for me to hit the sack. But I wanted to stop by here first.

Sandra, I don't gazelle very regularly. I'm hoping to do better. I would like to do 15-20 mins on the gazelle and then the same with one of my dvds every day. But so far, it's a no-go. I did gazelle for almost half an hour tonight though. Yeah! I found some design shows that I love so I'm taping them to watch while gazelling. As much as I like my dancing dvds, I like being able to watch a fav show while exercising. Anyway, you are doing GREAT!!

Kathy, you did a really good job at the restaurant. I, too, am impressed by how determined you seem. Imagine that, figuring out what works and doing it. If only we could all learn that lesson!! You are a great mom taking care of your kids (ALL of them).

Vickie, sounds like you've had a good day. Thanks for your encouragement. I'm going to make a real effort to get back into planning and shopping accordingly. I always plan, and then forget what I planned, sometimes wasting the ingredients that I bought! That isn't a good way to spend my $!

Paula, I know that we spend way too much money on eating out. Part of it is that we really enjoy eating out, but a big part is just laziness/being busy.

Coco, it was beautiful here today too. It was so warm and gorgeous. I got a few pretty good pictures. I know that we are going to pay for this warm weather, probably around March. We'll probably end up with a huge snow storm, that's usually how it goes.

Well I guess I'm signing off for the evening. Looks like everyone is gone anyway. Good night!
Closed Thread