Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 07:01 PM   #76  

HI
Well I hope everyone had a good day. Decided to get on here. Listening to the oldies on the radio. Hubby is taking a nap on the couch. And son playing a video game.
Havent done much today. Fixed lunch, did the dishes, watched some football game. Cause the guys were. You know though. I just dont understand the game. I'd rather watch a nascar race.
Well to eat the rest of the day. A baked chicken breast, 1 1/2 cups sweet potato, 4 triscuts, and a slim fast muffin bar. And 1 cup of fiesta vegetables. They were pretty good. Hadnt had the them before. They consist of broccoli, carrots, small white beans, dark red kidney beans, garbanzo beans, italian beans, and red peppers. Found them in the frozen food selection of Giant Eagle. I was thinking they might be good to take some diced tomato's and some diced chicken and fix it together. Will have to get some more and try that.

ONTARGET I love the celemtines. I will hate it when they are out of season. I also like it. You can have two. And it makes you feel like you are getting alot to eat.

SEPTEMBERSGOAL I love your doggie. He is so cute. I like to do cross stitch. Been thinking I need to dig something out and work on it. I usually do the stamped kind. But want to try and learn how to do the counted.

VICKIE Hope you are feeling better today.

Well I guess I better get off here. Just wanted to check in. I am hoping everyone had a great day. And everyone got rested up.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:01 PM   #77  

Height: 5'7"

Coco, seems like your husband might be a little better. I hope so, anyway.

I went out to get the mail and there was a $10 Chilis gift card in it from one of my rewards sites. I had had a problem earlier in the year with one of their cards and so this was sort of a compensation. I went to Chilis and got Erin a dessert and now she's a happy girl. Kate is at work, Shaun is who knows where, Judd is (of course) in front of the TV. I made his dinner and took it to him. What's wrong with me?

I'm about to put my foot down hard.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:09 PM   #78  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, you are talking the big "D" are you? I'll pray everything works out for you and Judd. I know he can be very sweet when he wants to be. Whatever happens, you know we will all support you.

The Bear game is over. They still have time on the clock but believe me the game is over. Oh Well.

I'm off to have that bubble bath now. I cooked and left Jim to watch the game so I get to leave my mess and go upstairs. Jim will clean it up. I'm a lucky girl. My friends say Jim is lucky too. I'll talk to you all in the morning, probably before my weigh in.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:16 PM   #79  

Yes. Things have to improve PDQ or I can't stand another minute. I know I've said it before but good grief, how much can a person take?

And so ... dinner is over and the dishes are washing and all laundry is done and now I'm just going to sit and dink around on the computer.

Maybe I'm hard to live with but he has no idea how good he has it. NO idea.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:44 PM   #80  

So wait a minute ... no, as much as I feel like I'm beleaguered and put upon, and the one who I know is doing all the right things (****, I'm the only one doing ANYTHING!) I'm going to change my position on this.

I just talked to my mom. Scott and Michelle are separated. They're not even back in their house from Hurricane Rita ... it's a few weeks from being rebuilt. I'm sure this kind of stress would be hard on any relationship. I just feel so bad for them both, and can't assign any blame to either. Scott's grandma just passed away two weeks ago, and his dad dangles money and other incentives if he'll do things "his way." Michelle is headstrong and outspoken and isn't going to take any crap off of anyone, let alone her FIL. I can see where problems could have arisen anyway, but being homeless due to the hurricane just compounded it. The money problems that come with double living expenses added to it, I'm sure (because even though FEMA and insurance were fixing their house, they still had to make the payment on it plus their apartment expenses) ... I'm just sick about it.

So maybe it's time for me to climb down from my high horse and realize that although things aren't always equal ... and perhaps I DO do 99% of the chores around here, but all in all, it's not that bad.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:23 PM   #81  
Melissa

Kathy. I can "hear" the frustration. I'm so sorry that Judd isn't working with you to make things better. It seems like you are constantly giving and giving. Let us know how we can help. I'm so sorry to hear about Scott and Michelle. Sounds like a very difficult situation, topped by all of the stress they've endured.

Vickie, your dinner sounds great. I hope that you enjoyed it. I saw that the panthers were beating your bears. Sorry but I had to root for the Panthers, being that I lived in NC and KY has no football team.

Sandra, sounds like you are having a great weekend. Miss you! Glad you came by to check in.

Coco, I did cross stitch many moons ago but not since then. I don't know if I could now. Those veggies sound really good, I'm going to look for those next time I'm at the store.

We had a great time at my parents. Ate too much salty food but it was core...except for the small piece of cake.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:36 PM   #82  

Hey you know what? I just have to get over myself. And that's the bottom line.

As for salt, you tried to warn me last night not to weigh after the Chilis chips and salsa. I wish I'd listened! It was about 1-1/2 pounds up this morning, but I think I'll give myself a break and not go crazy about it.

Lunch for tomorrow is done. Judd's still doing SF but he's about to go "no meat" with me, so instead of a turkey and cheese sandwich for lunch, he's going for PB&J. I'll have to remember that, and so I've made a list of what all gets made/packed for lunches.

Do you guys watch Desperate Housewives? I'm cracking up at it tonight!
Old 01-15-2006, 10:12 PM   #83  
Melissa

Kathy, I tried to warn you! I used to watch Desperate Housewives but haven't recently. We are DVR'ing the season premiere of 24. And now we're watching "Sell This House."
Old 01-15-2006, 10:15 PM   #84  

Judd's watching 24 and TiVo'ing football ... or maybe it's the other way around. Anyway, I am determined to get Season 1 and 2 of Desperate Housewives on DVD so I can watch them whenever I want.

I don't want to go to work tomorrow!
Old 01-15-2006, 10:21 PM   #85  
Southside White Sox Fan

We watch Desperate Housewives. It's being DVR'd right now. We've both showered and cleaned up the kitchen (well, Jim has) and are ready to plop on the couch.

Kath, I'm sorry about Scott and Michelle. Maybe it won't be permanent. As for you....you are entitled to your feelings. Life is about compromise. It's ok to give 90% sometimes as long as there are days when Judd gives 90%.

Melissa, you win! I'm not as big a football fan as I am a baseball fan. Our defense crumbled. Better luck next year.

I just made plans to go out to lunch with my Sister and BIL after weigh in tomorrow. So, I'll weigh and stop at Walgreens for my lovely test beverages and come home and pick up Jim to head out to their house. There's a restaurant that I like to go to that's close to them in the town where I grew up. So we're going there for some comfort food. Nothing terrible. I'll just have to pay points for the stuffing. I don't eat gravy and I'll bring my FF salad dressing with me. Then tomorrow night we'll just eat cold LO cornmeal chicken and a salad for dinner. I like having a plan.

See you tomorrow.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:45 PM   #86  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Do u know the meaning of bitter cold - LIKE BITTER BITING COLD - it's freezing here - and just being outside for any lenght of time is wicked! I can barely stand it!

Vickie - Hope you are hanging in there and glad to see you are making plans to keep busy and happy - hope you have a wonderful weigh-in and visit w/your family!

Patti - sounds like you did great - and what a busy and exciting weekend u had!

Kathy - so sorry Judd is not "getting" it - sometimes a good discussion does clear the air - sorry about the other bad news about the separations - but you never know - they might work it out? and yes we should all ALWAYS count our blessing!

Melissa - Murphy is adorable - how sweet he looks! How is the house hunting going? Yes Vickie we paid the extr like $30k to be closer in and in a fancier neighborhood - but it will eventually pay off in resale (ya ya sure sure)...at least we are close to the major east/west highway which is nice for us! (and was a great bonus when I was driving downtown all the time when doing my MBA!)

This morning again woke up a little too late - had to take ds to a bday party at this fun centre place at 10:30 (what were they thinking making a kid's party so early? Barely made it in time - dh and I ended up going out for breakfast after as we had not yet eaten - yes I had pancakes and sausages and did enjoy them!

Got home did laundry, and more travel research as I think I have just about convinced dh I want to head south - found a great selloff to Cuba and hoping price drops some more by tomorrow in which case I might just go ahead and book it and start packing - give me white sandy beaches and warm blue water - wow I can hardly imagine it (my toes are freezing right now and I am wearing big fluffy socks!).

Ended up going to movie w/dh as I am not yet bloated enuf w/salt this weekend and yes I forgot to weigh myself this am - but sure looks like I just maintained this week which is okay given the TOM situation. Need to start working it a bit harder this week....and use up that 150 min exercise allotment! as well as my floor exercises.

Almost forgot to mention that friday night as we were pulling into the driveway (like midnight) my headlights kinda lit up that back left bumper of dh's little red honda civic - and he says "OHMYGOD - looks like someone hit my bumper and scraped it!" - did you see that - how did it happen - was it you? I don't even know when or where that happened.

No I did NOT confess - he of course had to go out of the car to get a closer look altho I insisted he come in as it was late, dark and cold out. He has not said anything further - but as soon as he sees that "red scratch" on my car I'm pretty sure he will figure it out? Only time will tell - stayed tuned for the next exciting chapter of "The Red Honda Civic Bumper Mystery"!!!

Bedtime!

Frouf
Old 01-16-2006, 12:30 AM   #87  
focused and aiming

vickie, i'm sending you "all better" vibes. your dinner made me hungry. i think i'll make some cornmeal chicken this week (if i ever cook again).

when the class was over tonight, i had 2 palms' worth of mixed nuts. i gave away all the lo cake and cookies and a lot of other goodies, too. i am really hoping to have a loss this week. i have earned it. but you never know how those iron monsters will react, do you? if i have a non-loss, i'll just have to bite the bullet.

curtis and i are going to sit in our recliners and enjoy the rest of the evening. this was our last level 2 course to ever host. i'd say we went out with a bang. this was one of the best groups of participants ever. life is good. (even though we all (20 of us) came out of it totally exhausted and ready to get away from each other.) lol

coco, i'm debating on having a couple of clems now. hmmmmmmmmm...... good idea.

kathy, i hope everything smoothes out for you and judd. that is sad about scott and michelle. they have a baby, too, don't they? we watched about the last 15 min of desperate housewives. it's one of our nighttime shows but we were late getting home from the course. what about the redhead? is she turning into an alcoholic?

frouf, i know!!! i know!!!! (i'm jumping up and down in my chair with my arm raised.) remember when my hair froze a few weeks ago.

melissa, sounds like you and aaron had a good time at the il's. your dinner was almost all core. i think you did well.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:51 AM   #88  

Hey guess what? This morning we got some proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy! IT'S SPRINKLING!! Yessiree, bob, real honest-to-goodness rain.

And that's all I'm going to say about it. Don't want to jinx anything.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:15 AM   #89  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

I am so GLAD you finally got rain Kathy - hope it helps out! We are still frozen solid here - minus 31 with the wind chill - it just never seems to warm up (as I found out driving in to work this morning!!!).

Vickie - hope you had a good sleep and have a good weigh-in. I am up a few ounces but I believe I did have many salty foods this weekend so I am back on track and trying to drink more water today. I also even did my floor exercises this morning!

Sandra - you and Curtis definitely deserve a good rest - put those feet up and relax a while - I am so glad everything went well - and sure sounds like you were able to control your eating - good for you!

Saundra - where r u? Packing I hope - I bet you are anxious to get out of this cold?

Melissa - I too hate monday mornings - had to literally drag myself out of bed as I again stayed up way too late!...I know I will regret it later.

Was supposed to go to see dd's therapist w/dh but she just called to cancel which means I am here all day. Did not really bring a lunch (a small salad & dressing) but I know I have a can of soup and/or tuna hanging around here somewhere!

I will now try and "defrost" a bit and warm up.

Later,

Frouf
Old 01-16-2006, 09:21 AM   #90  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm on my way to weigh in. Scale is up. I guess I shouldn't have put so much salt on my oven fries?!

I'm out for lunch then to the Niece's to see her new Toyota Van. I probably won't be back here until late afternoon. Have a GREAT day!
Closed Thread