Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 10:27 PM   #31  

Height: 5'7"

I buy the canned black-eyed peas. The only beans I ever cook from dried are black and pinto. Otherwise, the canned taste just as good to me. I didn't make the ones that I posted the recipe for, but just added onion and bell pepper and jalapenos and that salsa. They were very good.

Vickie, I can't believe you're going to be 50 this year! You OLD, OLD woman!! Okay, I can say that since I'm also going to be 50.

I feel like such a nut. I found my WW magazine, sitting right by my bedside. I guess I put it there immediately upon receipt and forgot about it.

I've been watching a marathon on TLC of the show "Flip That House." I really like that show and so I'm glad there's several hours of it on tonight.

Guess I better get to bed. I'm really looking forward to going back to work in a way, but it has been nice to be home. I guess the best thing about my job is that there are no set hours, no dress code, nobody standing around cracking a whip. I get there when I want, wear what I want, do my job and leave when I want. Unfortunately, I have a lot to do in the next few months so I'll probably be working longer hours.

Be back tomorrow! Nighty night!
Old 01-01-2006, 10:42 PM   #32  
focused and aiming

kathy and vickie, you two are just young chickies. i'll be 59 next week. vickie, looks like i'll still be in the 190's. bummer. but my fault.

melissa, when are expecting to hear about the hospice care job?

saundra, do you live close to frouf?

frouf, i hope you're feeling better now. it bothers me for you to be depressed. i like our frouf to be happy.

we're watching football. been doing that all day so it seems. poor cowboys.
Old 01-01-2006, 10:48 PM   #33  
Melissa

Ah, Sandra you are sweet. The mutual acquaintance gave them my resume back around Thanksgiving. I haven't heard anything, but I've been keeping up with their job postings and there isn't anything I'm qualified for in this area anyway. So I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that something will come up and they'll remember me.

Kathy, your work environment sounds great to me.

I'm going to be a ripe 27 this year. I'm the baby in this family I guess!
Old 01-01-2006, 11:01 PM   #34  
Melissa

Hey, what happened to Kim?
Old 01-01-2006, 11:37 PM   #35  
focused and aiming

melissa, you're out little sister. i hope you get a job there if you're still wanting it when they have one open.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:19 AM   #36  
Southside White Sox Fan

I just finished watching a replay of Game 4 of the World Series with my Honey Lamb. It was easier to watch this time knowing we would win!

I have to go to bed so that I can get up in time to go to WW. I didn't go last week and so MUST go this week. It's not going to be pretty but it will be a fresh start.

Talk to you all when I get home.

Sandra, you seem younger than 59 and Melissa more mature than 27. Kathy, I'd have guessed you for near my age.

I'm so grateful that I don't have to work through whatever it is that I have. I'm hungry so that's another reason for me to go to bed.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:02 AM   #37  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Is it good luck to have the last post the night before and the first post in the morning? I hope so.

I'm up to go shower for WW. Then I'm going to Bath and Body Works to buy myself some shower gel. I'm sad that my favorite scent is being discontinued. I really only use bubble bath but they don't make it anymore so I have to use shower gel instead. Not sure what else the day willl bring.

Have a great morning!
Old 01-02-2006, 09:30 AM   #38  

What's the scent? I hate that too -- when Garden Botanika had the pink grapefruit scent, I had everything in that line. Then when I heard it was being d/c, I bought everything I could! I haven't found anything else like it since, even though several of the other brands also have pink grapefruit. There's just nothing that compares to the old one.

I had an unpleasant waking experience this morning. At 7:00 Kate came in my room and said "mom, I need to talk to you." While I'm getting dressed, the only thoughts that whirl thru my head are "I'm pregnant" or "I had an accident" or "I got fired" ... you know, all the bad news. Instead it was ... um, I hesitate to say WORSE, but you can judge for yourself. "Mom, I threw up in the bathtub and now it won't drain." Groan ... WHUUUT? How did you manage that?

Seems as though she was nauseated most of the night, then got up to take a bath to see if that would help. She was about to get in and then all heck broke loose. We have trouble with that tub not draining anyway (yet another AHS call that needs to be made!!) so I just told her to go back to bed. I went to the store and got some drain opener stuff, then came home and gagged thru unstopping the drain and cleaning the tub. She was grateful, of course, and felt bad about it but is still feeling nauseated. She has to go to work at 2:30 so hopefully she'll be better by then.

I was wide awake by the time that was all over so I went ahead and cleaned out / reorganized the freezer, washed a load of towels (most of them had been used in my tub cleaning) had my breakfast smoothie and am now watching Match Game reruns. I'm hoping the rest of the day is not as exciting.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:45 AM   #39  
Melissa

Thanks Vickie and Sandra!

Vickie, I'm curious what the scent is too. It seems like they discontinue the strangest choices. Or don't give them a chance to do well. Good luck at w/i!

Kathy, what a morning! Happy new year!

I think I'm going to run to Kohl's to return something. I look pretty scary but they'll survive.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:49 AM   #40  

Morning all! Boy, what a thing to wake up to Kathy! But at least she didn't do it all over you or your bed.

Yesterday wasn't as great of a Core day for me, although it still wasn't too bad. I'm enjoying my last lazy morning before school starts again tomorrow. Aaah. It's 8:45 and I'm still in my pajamas!

I got awoken several times last night by thunderstorms, of all things! It's January in Iowa...we should, by all rights, be getting snow. Weird.

I'm 30, in case anyone didn't know.

Later!
Angela
Old 01-02-2006, 09:50 AM   #41  

Hey, Melissa! I know what you mean about looking scary. I broke my main "goal" this morning by going to the store without makeup. However, it was an emergency and it was Walmart Neighborhood Market -- nobody was there and I just needed to get the stuff and get back home in a hurry.

Now I'm trying to figure out what to do because she can't hold down water. What do you do in that case? She said no suppositories ... don't even mention it! Maybe some 7-up or something like that will help.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:55 AM   #42  
Melissa

Wow, I don't think I've ever been so sick that I couldn't hold down water. Yeah, maybe Sprite or 7-up would sit better with her. Bless her (and your!) heart! What a terrible way to feel.

Angela, did we miss your 30th bday? Have fun being "lazy" today--but something tells me that your definition of lazy isn't that lazy.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:04 AM   #43  

Melissa, don't scare me like that! I had to go look up Angela's birthday real fast! It's in June. WHEW!

Angela, you slacker, you! 8:45 and still in your PJs! I think you're entitled! I would love to have some rain if you can spare it.

I suppose I should be working on the laundry but just can't see myself getting out of this chair right now.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:54 AM   #44  

When my girls are too sick to hold down water, I give them ice chips. Once they can hold that down, I have them slowly eat a popsicle. That way it goes in more slowly than water, even if you're sipping it.

I'd let her rest for an hour or two before trying to give her anything though. She's old enough she's not going to dehydrate or anything. Let her stomach settle down, then offer ice.

That my $.02.

Angela
Old 01-02-2006, 11:00 AM   #45  

Default Hi!!!!

Hi everyone
I hope everyone is doing well. I havent gotten into much yet. And here it is almost 11:00am. But it is raining here and so dreary. Makes you want to just go curl up somewhere and take a nap or read a good book.
Well I weigh in tonight. I am afraid it isnt going to be good. But I will get back on track. Now that all the extra stuff is out of the house. And not having to run here and there. I can get back into some kind of routine. And that will help.
I am going to leave a little bit early tonight to go to my meeting and see if I can find the new WW magazine. I am thinking of maybe just ordering it. Would be easier. Cause sometimes I have a hard time finding it.
Well I best get off here. Just wanted to say HI. I will check in tonight after weigh in. Hope everyone has a great day.
Coco
Closed Thread