Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 06:40 AM   #46  

Mornin' All...how is everyone!! Well I for one am OFF today--yeah!!!!!
Seems like things are going well here.....I live about 1/2 hr from the SF Home Headquarters in WPB...Awesome looking building...just like on thier website! SF is close to Core but not quite the same, many processed thingys going on. At our meetings they tell us, if you have to tweak this or that, you are better off counting Points, don't make Core what it wasn't intened to be. That's what we're told...I'm only passing the info on Guess it's hard to think any other way when you work there I'm sure most would hope I just don't say much about it....but hey I am one of the worst offenders, always switiching from Pts to Core to Pt and back again Always pulling a swith-a-roo!! Whatever works at the moment!!
It would make for a nice change though.....good luck to both of you. It is an interesting concept and one that most could probably live with. Let's face it....it's not the SlimFast of days gone by!!

Great job, Judd!!

Congrats to all our losers!!! Great job and inspirational...
And speaking of Inspiration, Vickie........ I hope you are ok, haven't seen anything recent from you or perhaps I missed it. I don't get to get on much. I do remember reading you weren't feeling well, so I hope you are ok out there.
Are you still doing your 100% Core?? You have never faltered or swayed, that in itself is inspirational!
Yet I have our Leader (friend) Vickie who lost her 121 lbs on Flex, and after 3 years has never falter either and ALWAYS weighs in under goal, and still to this day journals EVERY morsel that she eats...God Bless her, she looks awesome!!!!!!
Remember this is a tough time of the year....let's do the best we can no matter what we choose. This time last year is where things went wrong for me (ut-oh)
Anyway ......have a good day out there....Stay Warm...........

Last edited by L.J.; 12-16-2005 at 09:17 AM.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:11 AM   #47  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Linda. Sweet of you to ask how I am. I'm still here, plugging away on Core. It's my way of life choice and I'm sticking with it. I know if I stick with it, sooner or later, it will pay off. Really, no matter what we do it will work if we stick with it and follow the plan. And, for me, I NEED to exercise and can't right now. As soon as I start exercising again, I know I'll start to lose again. I'm even planning to weigh in the day after Christmas.

I'm still unwell and just sick to death of thinking and talking about it. I guess I'm probably a bit depressed and it's making me get quiet, that's all! It's taking all my energy to get ready for the holidays. My entire house needs to get cleaned and all the baking is left to be done. And even at this late date, there are a few decorations I want to pull out for the day after Christmas party that I host here.

Frouf, I hope you're feeling better and that you had a little fun at your party.

Well, I'm off to finally put those bows on the packages that I've been procratinating about. Jim went to Walmart for me at 7:00 and will go back to Jewel for me later with a 2 page list of all the things I need for the holidays. He's such a great guy. I haven't been a very great wife these last 2 and a half months. Hope you all have wonderful day/weekend.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:12 AM   #48  
Southside White Sox Fan

Geez, Linda! You did it again......I just responded to your very nice post and it's gone.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:33 AM   #49  

Hey Kath, can you revive what I tried to fix but deleted and then I can try an edit it again...Thanks!!

Vickie I know - I know when I make a change I hit delete thinking it's going to delete what I edited and the whole thing gets gone.
Not used to the new concept I guess.
I am so glad you are sticking to your conviction of Core. You never sway, that is SUCH a NSV!!
I hope you feel better about all that is going on.....your truely are an inspiration and I MEAN that!!

I'll wait for Kathy to fix me up!!
Old 12-16-2005, 09:11 AM   #50  

Height: 5'7"

All done! Good morning, everybody!

Well, actually ... not so good. I'll jump right in with my bad news and get it over with.

Shaun had a bad accident last night. His car is totalled but I guess he's okay. The police called Erin (middle DD) at 2:30 this morning for her to come pick him up. I guess he didn't want to call the house phone in the middle of the night. When I left at 6:00 this morning for work, she came out to tell me about it. I had noticed that Shaun's car wasn't outside. Anyway, he hit a curb, then over-corrected and hit a pole. It caught fire, and he was burned some (hair and clothes and hand) and then it exploded. He was already out, thank God. But now he has no car and it wasn't insured since the insurance had gotten cancelled last month for nonpayment. He was supposed to start a new job this morning -- Erin is calling the business to explain it and ask if he can call them when he gets up. She said he was hysterical when she got there and so she got him home, gave him some Benadryl to calm him down, called her boss (pharmacist) to find out what to do about the burns, and she said he finally got to sleep around 5 this morning.

Poor guy! I just don't know what to do for him anymore! And I hate to keep saying it can't get worse, because it always does! Right now I'm on the Army website looking for info. He has wanted to join and has tried twice in the past (once Coast Guard, once Air Force) but the first time, a medical question got him disqualified because he had been in the hospital with bronchitis a few years prior. That's now been like 12 years ago (the hospitalization) and shouldn't stop him. Plus, I hear they haven't been meeting their quotas for the last several months so they would probably be more apt to take him. I'm going to strongly suggest it. He needs the structure and a way to climb out of this downward spiral he's in.

So after that story, now I'm wiped out. I'll be back in a minute after I collect myself.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:20 AM   #51  

Oh man Kathy, that's awful! Poor guy, and poor you! I hope he's all right, and that he finds a way to get out of this mess his life it in now.

Vickie, I am so impressed by your resolve. And I'm sure Jim understands about your troubles the last few months. He seems like a great guy, but remember that you're a great woman too!

As for me, I'm just plugging along here. Christmas party after Christmas party keeps coming up, and I do my best. I actually decided to skip the PTA one yesterday...don't need to eat junk every single day!

I've finally gotten most of my Christmas shopping done, thank goodness. I just have to mail one thing to my grandma. Yay! Me, a 4 year old and a 2 year old in line at the post office today. What could be more fun?

Well, the morning is rolling along, so I'd better too..
Angela
Old 12-16-2005, 09:21 AM   #52  
Southside White Sox Fan

OMG, Kathy! I'm so glad he's alive and fairly unhurt. I'll be praying that you can help him....or should I say that he'll LET you help him. I think the Army sounds like a great idea. I had a friend in high school who joined and made it his lifelong career because he literally did NOT want to decide what to wear and what to eat every day. He was a rule follower and took great comfort in the structure.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:22 AM   #53  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks, Angela. You're very sweet. I'm so emotional lately, I could just cry. Must be that darned menopause just like they say!
Old 12-16-2005, 10:16 AM   #54  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

OHMYGOD KATHY - I am so glad Shaun is okay - what a horrible freak accident and I don't blame him for being hysterical! I hope he recovers quickly and is able to get his act together after that! What an awful thing to happen to him!

Vickie - hang in there - you are DOING GREAT - anyone else would have just given up - but you are so good at being able to see the big picture and realize this is just a blip and you will be feeling better soon and on your way again! You keep us all inspired - remember that!

Angela - good luck in the line up with the kiddies! A rousing game of "I spy" always worked for me!

Sandra - you are AMAZING to stay away from the sugar cookies - in fact I would be more than happy to taste test some of them for you so feel free to send them my way! Your determination will certainly pay off in the end!

I am home today - as my throat is a bit sore, did not sleep well and let's just say the BIG WINTER SNOW STORM that hit us during the night is also a good motivator for staying under the blankets.

I am happy to report that yesterday my headache did eventually subside - yes I did drug myself - took another 2 advil around 11 am and by noon I was feeling substantially - it was like a miracle - I was smiling and feeling okay!

Went to the restaurant and had the taco salad w/grilled chicken (ranch on the side), and two spoonfuls of deep fried ice cream (passed around the table) and a diet coke. Then off to play pool - what a hoot - we are all pretty pathetic pool players - which is a good thing. I did manage to sink a few balls (I think we were kinda bending the rules a bit anyways), and my team managed to win a game only by having the other team sink the 8 ball - oh well it's still a win. It was great fun tho.

Then we pulled numbers and did the gift exchange where "stealing" was allowed. We open our gifts right away and before you pick from the wrapped pile (according to your number) you have the option of stealing something someone already has that you like and have seen obviously.

So my can of mocha peppermint mix and starbucks gift card were of course "stolen" from me - but I did end up with a gorgeous and heavy solid glass picture frame - very modern looking and I do love it! Now to find an appropriate pic to display!

Dropped dd off dancing (6-9 pm) and off to the mall to brave the crowds - do you know how hard it is to find some simple black t-shirts or mock necks? Okay I know it's winter - but I wanted short sleeved ones - as I generally wear a sweater or blazer anyways - only long sleeved ones so I was pretty disappointed! Did buy a fancy beaded purse - ya what a necessity! ha ha ha

I have a lovely formal dress that I just love (got married in it) - like a winter white/cream color w/pearl beads. Anyhow I know last cruise I took it along but could not find the purse I had to go with it (yes I know it's somewhere in my messy walkin closet) so i actually borrowed an evening bag from a cruisemate I was corresponding with but never met (she actually emailed me a pic of her purse and offered to bring it along to loan to me! and it worked out great).

Anyhow I have been on the lookout for something suitable for that dress and I found something that would work - like a bone color little square bag with clear/shiny square sequins on it and a bone corded rope for the shoulder -only $20 so I got it - even tho I don't envision wearing the dress anytime soon - at least I now have a bag to go with it!

...and the worse news of all is dh does not want to travel - and I feel bad too. I found a great trip early Jan to mexico - and I so wanted to go w/dh and little ds but seeing as dh is unemployed (and his insurance has just run out) he feels very guilty about using $$ to travel. Now I do have the inheritance I got from my aunt and I don't mind using a bit of it for a trip - and dh is getting a contract in the new week or so - but why don't I feel guilty about spending the money? Am I just immature and want what I want? Or am I so desperate for a vacation? Dh thinks I need a break and has no problem with me going alone/with a friend - unfortunately don't have anyone to go with so would be travelling alone! The only other option is doing the cruise in January by myself.- but I know a couple on the cruise so at least I wouldn't be all alone! Of course having to pay the single price almost defeats the whole purpose tho!!! sigh.....

...and I dare not even get on a scale as I know my weight is way up there and I am not doing well at all!

Frouf
Old 12-16-2005, 10:38 AM   #55  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf, GO ON THE CRUISE! I'm glad you were able to enjoy your party. I sure hope your throat feels better soon.

Back to presents!
Old 12-16-2005, 10:58 AM   #56  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Come with me! I was just doing the research (jan 22 out of ft lauderdale) and it's so silly.

For 2 people an outside/obstructed view cabin is $1242 (plus insurance and airfare from wherever you might be) whichi is only around $650 pp for cruise while the single rate is $1092 for the same cabin - HOW CRAZY IS THAT?

Open invitation to all cruising chickies - I think we should do a group Core cruising trip!

Frouf
Old 12-16-2005, 12:01 PM   #57  

Oh good grief. Let me go buy a lottery ticket. I need a vacation in the worst way -- and would love to go on a cruise with the famous Frouf.

So I told Judd about the Shaun situation and he just blew up. I mean he absolutely had a fit. He ranted and raved and cursed and screamed at me ... and I retreated to the bathroom with the door shut until he left. I might have to help him cut his losses and ask him to hit the road. This latest thing isn't Shaun's fault, and even though he's had such a run of bad luck and lots of it has been self-imposed, this is definitely not the time to start turning on him. Judd is wanting him out. Now how can I do that? No money, no place to live, probably no job (the new employer just called a few minutes ago but I have no idea what the conversation was about), and now no car. No hope of getting any of this resolved in the very near future. Merry freakin' Christmas, huh?
Old 12-16-2005, 12:26 PM   #58  

Kathy My Lord God, good grief...but .....first and foremost thank God Shaun is Ok.....then be upset with him.
I am sorry however that Judd got so upset with you, that has to be tough. We all know how much you love your kids...maybe Judd's reaction was just a knee jerk reaction. Hopefully he is calm by now, but I hope you are Ok. Don't know how you handle it all, and stay sane and fit!! Me I am such an emotional eater, I'd be grabbing everything in sight just to calm me.
I wish I could do something for you, if not then go for a nice drink or cup of coffee and just talk.

Vickie you are doing so well...keep up the good work, you are definetly an inspiration..... but please feel better soon.
Angela have you thought more about becoming a Leader with WW?? Think you'd be great!!
Frouf, go for it!! I don't like the thought of being waaayyy out there in the middle of the Ocean.......wuss that I am !! I like land under my feet.
Although last week end we went on the Jungle Queen out of Ft Lauderdale and cruised Millionaire's Row....now that was depressiing, the homes and the yatchs (sp?) were not to be believed......
Oh and for your frame..how 'bout a 8x10 glossy of all of us

Sandra and Melissa hope your SF day is going well. It really sounds like a great concept. Funny the Optima Shakes are 3 pts and the regular are 4pt if one wanted to count them as WPA.

I did post a first time menu....Thanks Vickie for not thinking it was too much.
I did have my AM snack at 11:45.....2 oz tuna with FF mayo....Almost time for lunch now....

It is soooo warm here I still cannot get into the Holiday Spirit...it's too weird still for me.
Well I feel like I am getting hungry.....it is so nice to be off!!
See you all later........................

Last edited by L.J.; 12-16-2005 at 12:45 PM.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:45 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 272/245/174

Height: 5'10

Kathy - yikes! I'm glad that no one was hurt seriously and the only thing he has to contend with is the loss of the vehicle. Tough, tough situation

Froufy - I was reading a bit recently about some of the reasoning behind the high charges for cruising solo - the cruise line's reasoning is that by putting just one person on a cabin, they are missing out on all of the on-board purchases, bar sales, etc. I think that is where the cruise lines make all of their money. I believe that I read that Celebrity actually charges more for a single occupant cabin than it does for a double occupant, i.e., the solo cruiser pays more than the couple pays. They may have backed off that policy due to the backlash.

That is a really good price, though.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:53 PM   #60  

Well alrighty, I just talked to Shaun a little. He said when the airbag went off, evidently it ignited something in the back seat. The fire started there. His door was jammed and he tried to kick the window out but couldn't. He kept kicking on the door itself and finally it opened, then he got over into the grass. Said about 15 seconds later, the fire hit the fuel line and it exploded.

Now ... 28 years old and no home (except for this one, which is less than pleasant right now), no job (presumably), no money, no medical insurance, no car, no car insurance, the financing company will probably put an injunction against him ... cell phone got cut off, student loan was defaulted on. Dad is in prison, mom wants to help but stepdad won't allow it. Hmm ... sounds like a bad after-school special.
Closed Thread