Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 10:49 AM   #1  
Melissa

Talking Losing More on Core Board 34!

A nice clean spot for chatting and more!
Old 11-29-2005, 12:06 PM   #2  
Melissa

This is pretty funny...I've been surfing barbosdietkitchen.com for new recipes. Saw one that said, "Black Beans and Rice" for one. I thought, boy that looks like Kathy's recipe from SF. Sure enough, at the bottom it said source: 3FC Core Board. We're famous!

Anyway, I'm posting new recipes from there over here, so check them out! (especially one for peppermint patties that I plan on trying this week!)
Old 11-29-2005, 12:25 PM   #3  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Well I generally hate moving - but this was pretty painless

Kim - congrats on staying clean and eating core for 5 days - very inspiring!

Melissa - didn't know you could actually lose at boggle - well at least the kind we were talking about - ha ha ha

Thanks for the dance video description - I might have a look and see if I can find this one - 10 minutes sounds about right to me? ...and I bet that hip hip is scary - everyone knows you have to be under 16 for your body to move that way right?

Sandra - have a great trip - we will miss you!

Kathy - how are you doing today? Are you going to the dr? or did some of the home remedies work? (guess you can't really boggle by yourself?)

Angela - good luck with the play - I bet they will all be so adorable!

Today is dh's bday - and he wants lots of presents - a real baby! Gave his first present this morning (he loves chocolate covered cherries - has a whole box and I bet it will be all gone by the time I get home).

Hoping to go out for dinner tonight and yes I shall pick up his favorite chocolate cake on the way home - probably going to Red Lobster - not sure how many kiddies are joining us (I think dd is w/her dad tonight and big ds might be working?)

Busy at work - not enuf time - big wine and cheese party happening this afternoon - and I need to get my nails done in the next day or so!

Wish me luck!

Frouf
Old 11-29-2005, 12:26 PM   #4  
Melissa

Share anything that you would like!! But the link didn't work for me. Is it just me, or is something wrong with it?

I know it's hard to get over the emotional side of gaining weight. Especially when I first started trying to lose, I would overeat, then get mad at myself, then eat more because I was upset. That darn emotional eating. But it gets better, I promise! And so much of it is mental. Now that I have crossed over into "only" having thirty-something pounds to lose my mindset has changed so much. It's all mental!! Silliness, but it does make a difference.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:28 PM   #5  
Melissa

Frouf, you are so hilarious. Good luck with that party this afternoon. You guys are always having big events at work, aren't you? Happy Birthday to DH--don't spoil him too much!! Oh, and I got that video at a local Meijer (I'm sure you don't have that there) for $10. It is a workout, that's for sure. After my lunch digests I'm thinking about trying it again.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:42 PM   #6  
Kim

Vicki-That's great advice about the scale. I'll try not to get too hung up on it. I've done that before......started eating when I didn't see the number I wanted to see. I'm trying to break all of those unhealthy cycles though. From now on, food is fuel and nothing else (not to make me feel better).

Melissa-That video sounds like something I would love. I might have to get one myself.

3rd Time-That link didn't work for me either, unfortunately.

Frouf-Have fun at Red Lobster! Good luck staying away from the chocolate cake. That would be hard.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:10 PM   #7  
Melissa

Oh yeah, it works now, that is very cool! Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:13 PM   #8  

We're missing Kathy. I hope you're feeling better today, girl, wherever you are!
Old 11-29-2005, 01:24 PM   #9  
Melissa

I'm hoping that she's at the doctor!
Old 11-29-2005, 01:29 PM   #10  

Height: 5'7"

I'm here! I just got here -- slept until 11 and then decided to come on to work.

Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do!

My back still hurts but darn it, I'm going to tough it out.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:30 PM   #11  

Height: 5'7"

Oh dear, that is hilarious about the SlimFast recipe! But it IS all Core! I love seeing our name up in lights!
Old 11-29-2005, 01:33 PM   #12  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Guys! I just stopped home. I'm on the way to see my eye doctor. I've had an alarming change in my eyesight this morning while we were out doing errands. I'm scared to death and they've agreed to see me at 1:30. My peripheral vision got all blurry and pulsating in the lower third of my right eye. Very scary for a girl with pre-glaucoma. I'm blaming the Enablex. Even though Eye Doc said it was ok to take it, I still think it's the culprit. We'll see what the other Doc says. My Doc isn't available today. They're really great. No Doc's were in today. One is coming in special to see me. Talk to you all later.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:40 PM   #13  
Melissa

Goodness Vickie! I hope everything is okay and that you can get some help. I'll be praying for you and the doc.

Kathy, glad to see that you're okay, but I still wish that you would go to the doctor!
Old 11-29-2005, 01:48 PM   #14  
Closed

Vickie I answered the name thing on my THANK YOU post...but really either is fine...Jocie short for Jocelyne and Joce short for Jocie....
Again I hope your eye(s) are ok......

Kathy I read about your back problem...goodness I hope you're ok too.

Having a good day so far....not bad, not bad at all...even copied some of Vickies and Sandras Smoothie recipes.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:54 PM   #15  

My goodness, we're all falling apart here! I hope your eyes are OK Vickie, and Kathy, your back had better shape up, or I'm going to have words with it.

Preschool went fine - the kids had a blast dressing up and acting out the nativity. I'm glad it's over for today. Just Thursday left, and then it's not my turn for a long time.

I'm going to veg in front of the computer this afternoon...

Angela
Closed Thread