Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 02:13 PM   #1  

Default NSVs

Is it ok if I start a floating NSV thread? I saw a few daily ones back in October, but none lately, so I thought an any-day one might be ok.

I need something to remind me of my good days, when I'm having a bad day [week] and it all seems hopeless, but I didn't want to interrupt any of the other threads. I hope the rest of y'all will use it too.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:35 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

You bet! We need the affirmation every chance we get!

Someone just told me today that I looked very good. I wanted to say "well I'm still needing to lose another 5-10 pounds" but instead I just said thanks.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:48 PM   #3  

This morning I took the stairs, with my purse, "lunchbox," and laptop. And I beat the elevator to my floor! (By a lot.)

Let's hear yours!
Old 11-10-2005, 04:22 PM   #4  
Melissa

Oh, I've got one. We served donut holes to the clients this morning and I was VERY tempted to try a chocolate one (that voice in my head saying "one won't hurt!") but I avoided them and did not have any! Of course I did eat some Raisinets later.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:17 AM   #5  

I raked leaves for several hours yesterday, but I'm not all achy today. I expected to be a mess. It's a good thing, too, because I still have a lot left to rake!

[Note to self: Cut down a few trees in the spring. ]
Old 11-13-2005, 12:17 AM   #6  
Livin' La Vida Mocha

Um... what does NSV stand for?
Old 11-13-2005, 07:52 AM   #7  

Non-Scale Victories.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:10 PM   #8  

Non-scale victories are when you know you're doing good and it shows everywhere EXCEPT for the scale! Clothes fit better, you pass up a favorite treat to stay on plan, people say they can tell you're losing/toning/looking better ... things like that!
Old 11-13-2005, 02:50 PM   #9  
Livin' La Vida Mocha

Something like the other day when I had a thousand errands to run at the mall, and the only think I left the food court with was a Diet Coke?
Old 11-13-2005, 02:55 PM   #10  

Exactly like that!! Good job!
Old 11-13-2005, 02:56 PM   #11  

Exactly! I don't think that's ever happened to me. Somehow the corndog place, or Subway, or Bourbon Chicken, or Manchu Wok, or Chick-Fil-A ... well, they all know my name!! They scream at me from across the food court until I have to buy something to make them stop!!
Old 11-13-2005, 05:12 PM   #12  
Melissa

yummm...chick-fil-a.....
Old 11-21-2005, 07:50 AM   #13  

Here's a bizarre one:

There was a branch that had halfway fallen during a windstorm a few weeks ago, and it was starting to lay on the hood of my jeep. I tried to pull it down, but it had twisted, and I could tell it was going to have to be cut down.

So I went and got the clippers, and climbed the tree. What?! After I was up there, I realized, I just climbed a tree. I haven't done that since college. Ok, I'm certainly not back at my college weight (yet), but I never would have even tried it a month ago. I'm already so much more limber, and more confident. And the branch I was standing didn't even break off!

I bet that's an NSV no one's ever written before.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:13 PM   #14  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Does this count?

Had a craving the other day for some poppy seed danish - yes a treat from days gone by - but they do carry this at the grocery store.

Went shopping last night and THERE IT WAS - but it was a HUGE SLAB - way too much for a little froufie - so I bought the big slab - had a normal size piece - then cut up the rest, put it in a tupperware and now it's here at work FOR SHARING w/my work buddies (and they are all loving it by the way). I certainly did not want it at home all week where I would be nibbling on it.

Frouf
Old 11-21-2005, 03:08 PM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

Mmmmmm......my Grandma used to make poppyseed coffee cake from scratch. It was to die for. I think it had Crisco or lard in it!
Closed Thread