Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 10:47 AM   #391  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning All! Wow...you're not kidding it's quiet here. I thought I would be pages behind. We had a MILLION errands to run so I was very busy yesterday. Kitty is sick from her vaccinations and has been throwing up all over the house. I'll be showering in a few minutes and taking her back to the Vet for a shot to calm her stomach. We were trying not to do this because she hates the car so much. She got her shots on Tuesday and was throwing up yesterday. But then, she seemed ok last night so we didn't take her in. This morning she woke me up by throwing up her breakfast and vitamin in our room. So....my day will be busy again since I already had things planned. And, now I'll have to walk on the treadmill after I already showered. Oh Well. I'll be back later to respond to posts.

No Rita still. She got sick last Thursday night. Hope she's ok.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:25 AM   #392  

Morning everyone! It has been quiet - I think we're all still digesting the hurricane info.

Today is FIL's birthday, so we're going out to lunch. It's a buffet, so I'll try to stick to salad and lean meats, and STAY away from the desserts. We'll see how I do.

I'm off to hang up laundry now.

Later,
Angela
Old 09-01-2005, 03:56 PM   #393  
focused and aiming

hi ladies. today is wi. i think i may have lost a few ounces. i need some blinks out there, please. i just finished making a batch of homemade granola flavored with sf banana snow cone syrup. it's delissh! i made some low pt oat bran muffins and put the granola in for a nutty crunch.

i haven't had the tv on all day but will prob put it on when i get off here. my heart breaks watching what's going on. so sad.

angela, your angel hair pasta dish sounds good. congratulations on getting back on track and for all the walking you're doing. i'm proud of you.

melissa, this pain has you in a depression. been there done that. that's what was going on with me most of the summer due to feet probs. okay, we'll get to 180's. we may have to get there before halloween, though. my feet are holding up all right. i hurt last night but i hadn't taken an anti-inflammatory. i may have to keep taking them for awhile longer before weaning off.

melissa, you will definitely know when i get to the 180's. you prob won't need a puter either. i'll be screaming! i can change the ticker. i'll go do that now. it will have the countdown to 180. that should be more motivating for me anyway.

frouf, sounds like you and dd had a good day together. first day of school is coming up soon. that should keep her more occupied and happier. congrats on the new look. photo?

billie, i'm glad you're going to do the halloween challenge. i need a kick, too. let's kick then hug each other. poor anna. sometimes don't you wonder how kids make it?

kathy, sure having a lot of potty breaks, aren't you? i hope you can get some rest tonight. i have a new dell notebook, too. you'll prob have fun buying the accessories. i've bought a new mouse (don't like the built in one) carrying case, oodles of ink cartridges. their stock should go up.

melissa, if you'd like to start a challenge thread, go ahead. i was just piddling till after labor day cuz i thought several had labor day challenges still enforce. why don't you open one? (you're better at that than i am.) i am ready to start this challenge any time. sounds like you and billie are, too, and maybe some of the others if they aren't still working on labor day.

hi, vickie. i'm worried about rita, too. i hope she's all right.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:08 PM   #394  
Melissa

Sandra! You don't have to change your ticker for me!! You are so funny. I just love reading your messages. I am ready for something, let me tell you. I am so weak-willed, I don't understand it. Maybe I need to look at losing weight like I am supposed to view my clients' substance abuse problems--it is not a matter of being weak-willed, but something that is out of control that they must submit to a higher power. Sounds good anyway, right? My eating is definitely out of control, and that's not something that I want. I want to live life, not be a slave to food! OK, enough of that.
I can start a challenge thread if you would like. What are we challenging exactly? Just our own personal goals for Halloween? Sounds good.

I am going to exercise tonight. There, I said it. Feel free to hit me over the head if not.

I've GOT to work!
Old 09-01-2005, 04:10 PM   #395  
Melissa

I forgot Sandra!
Old 09-01-2005, 04:49 PM   #396  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hello, Cameo the kittie got a shot to settle her tummy and some antibiotic since she probably has everything all inflamed. She can't have anything to eat or drink for an hour. As soon as we can put it down for her, Jim and I are going for an early dinner to my favorite Core dinner restaturant. I'll be ignoring the all you can eat free garlic bread as always!

Melissa, my Sister and I have talked about our approach to eating for a long time. Her husband eats to live and we live to eat. We keep trying to be more like him. Food just does nothing for him. I'd like to get inside his brain!

Sandra, I've stopped watching CNN. My heart and chest can't take it any more. I'm looking for a good source to donate to where I think it will do the most good AND get directly to the people who need it. Good luck on your weigh in ! I hope I managed to the the in before it was too late! I have a feeling you've done well with all the extra exercise.

Angela, Happy Birthday to your FIL and good luck to you at the buffet. It would be hard for me! I cannot wait to hear how your Sister does. Jim and I are really looking forward to the next season. My favorite Carpenters song is "Close to You". I'm not sure if you could sing that solo or not.

Kathy, I get up at least twice EVERY night. Probably because I'm still drinking stuff up until right before I go to bed. I'm jealous of your Dell notebook. I have so much to do in the house, I just can't justify ordering one. Jim and I like to have no credit card debt so I guess I'll just have to keep saving my pin money!

Billie, you sound like a great Grandmom! I'm sure they are all doing the best that they can. I'm happy that you are still enjoying your birthday. We like to have birthday week if we can!

Frouf, I'm glad you're enjoying your new "do"! DD might be rebelling as much from personna of DS as she is from you and DH. I really hope the therapist has called you back by now. I'd still leave the principal a message so that you can let her know the state of affairs. I'm impressed with your DH sometimes. It seems like he really does love you in the little things that he does but forgets to show you/act right in the big ways. It was nice of him to try to do something nice for the kids for the trip. When do you leave.....or have I missed you already? My toes are deep rose! They look very, very nice.

Vicki, stress and it's affects are deadly. I hope you figure out a way to deal with yours in a more productive way. I'm sorry you got that diagnosis but at least you now know what you are dealing with. I hope Core and exercise help. And you enjoy water exercise so that's great. Hmmmmm.....so many of Curves injuries? Wonder if there is something to that?

Well, gotta go soon and give kittie her food and water back. Then a couple more errands after dinner. Jim and I are getting up to meet the Niece and her Son (our Great Nephew) for breakfast at 6:45 a.m. tomorrow. It's his 2nd birthday tomorrow and she's taking him out to celebrate before going home to get ready for his big party on Saturday. It will be fun and worth getting up early for. So, I'll be in bed early tonight. I'll probably talk to you all when I get home tomorrow morning!
Old 09-01-2005, 05:08 PM   #397  

Hi Everyone, We are back from Orlando. I am exhausted. Unfortunately, I am also still sick. If my stomach is still acting up in the am I am not going to work, I am going to the doctor. I have had diarrhea for a week. I have only had 4 meals in a week and I was very ill after 2 of them. I am not going to weigh in tonight. Chaille' didn't even get to go to the conference because she is sick also. Chris is in bed right now sick with it. DH is gone to the store to get some soup & crackers. I am not going to be online for a bit as our phone was struck by lightning while we were gone, so I am having to use the computer line for the phone. Hope everyone is well, maybe tomorrow I will be able to catch up with everyone, if they don't put me in the hospital! I am worried about being dehydrated after so much sickness.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:12 PM   #398  
Athlete in Training

Hi all,

Thanks for the birthday wishes. My gap experience went well. Details are on the birthday thread.

We had no electricity on Tuesday and part of Wed due to a mishap with billing. All is well.

Frouf, I'm so sorry to hear that your dd is having more trouble. For what it's worth both my dh and I dated Wiccans prior to our meeting each other. We also have a mutual friend who is a Wiccan. Wiccans are pagans -- not associated with devil worship or black magic. They're very ritualistic and unusual, but overall they're ethical decent people. I'd be concerned if my dd was getting involved with them, not because they're bad, but because their beliefs are so different from mine and because they tend to have lots of influence on their members. The other stuff you're finding is scary. It sounds like you need more help than you're getting from her current therapist. Maybe even consider those camps where troubled kids go on survivor-style trips to learn self-confidence and trust. Whatever you do, please be sure to pamper yourself -- you are going through a lot and need to build up your strength in order to support her.

Linda -- glad to hear you're okay.

Sandra, here's some blinks for you. Hopefully the few ounces will add up.

Billie, I celebrated an extra day too. Hey, it's only once a year.

Now I'm trying to get back on the wagon. When our power was out for a day, lots of frozen food thawed, so I have plenty to cook and eat. Too much. I should have thrown out my melted WW ice cream bars, but I ate the whole pack. Plus for some insane reason, I was at the grocery story and saw this giant Reeses. I had to have it. It's still just two PB cups, but they're huge. It was wonderful, but I didn't even consider the points. Today I've been doing okay except for several handfuls of almonds. I'm hoping this is it and I've gotten all the birthday badness out of my system.

Oops, gotta run (and I really mean it). I'm meeting my running buddy at 4:30.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:13 PM   #399  
focused and aiming

melissa, remember when i had my pity party at the doctor's? i remember the doctor shaking her head saying, "you definitely have an eating disorder." to me that sounds worse than "you like to eat a lot, don't you?" maybe a new approach is the key. maybe we need to look at this as something that's "attacking" us and we need to fight back.

vickie, you might check with some local radio stations. or maybe some radio stations out of dallas or houston. that's a good idea. it's never too late for . i don't wi for another 2 hours and 18 minutes (or so). a bday bfast sounds like fun. enjoy!

frouf, do we have a photo of you yet? just wondering.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:17 PM   #400  
focused and aiming

rita, i hope you and the others get better quickly. we've been worried about you. it's good to see you posting.

terry, thanks for the blinks. have fun running.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:21 PM   #401  
banned

Afternoon All,

I had a nice lunch but I am still stuffed. However, I ate sensibly. They do take all the fat and calories out of food when it is your birthday, don't they?

One DD called with car trouble and said that she is struggling with finding a way to make ends meet. She and hubby don't really know how to manage money very well but when you don't have much, I know it takes a genius and a strong willed person to do a good job....been there, done that when I was young.

The other DD called and said that she and hubby were going to have to cancel an anniversary trip they were planning because of an unexpected bill that raised it's ugly head and also the uncertainty of the gas situation.

It takes everything you have nowadays to work and raise a family, doesn't it? I don't know how they do as much as they do.

Enough of that......I am going to try to set me up a new Challenge ticker. I am excited about doing this.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:10 PM   #402  

Height: 5'7"

Hey, all! Whew, what a day!

The patio builder came and gave a quote. It was more than we expected. The painter came and gave a quote. It was LESS than we expected -- and they evened each other out! What luck!

Vickie, we don't do the credit card thing either. It's too easy to get in trouble. The computers will be delivered tomorrow, so we have some moving around to do this weekend. Mainly, my desk has to go in the garage and the sewing machine has to come down here. I have GOT to get that quilt finished for my niece before Thanksgiving. Right now I'm not interested in being secluded upstairs on my own to sew. I like to be in the thick of things!

Rita, I am so sorry you're still sick, and it sure looks like a trip to the doctor is necessary. We'll be thinking about you and your family.

Terry, that was some good info on the Wiccan thing. I knew what it was but have no idea on the particulars.

Melissa, Sandra, Angela, and whoever else I've missed, have a good evening. I'm off to see what we're having for dinner. I have no idea at this point.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:10 PM   #403  
Athlete in Training

I think we are actually going to be able to move my dh into his office this weekend, freeing up the dining room so we can move the kitchen cabinets and such into the dining room, freeing up the baby's room. (Someday we'll actually put the kitchen stuff in the kitchen and have a dining room.)

So now I can decorate her room. I don't want to paint or do anything elaborate, but here are my thoughts. I have one of those sun/moon plates (where the sun and the moon come together sort of like a yin/yang). Both the sun and moon have faces and Claire seems to really like looking at it.

Her room has bright yellow/gold walls and deep redwood furniture. I'm thinking of trying to find fabric with the sun and moon pattern and attaching the fabric from the ceiling about 1/4 of the way down on the wall. So the bottom 3/4 of the room will be yellow (for the sun) and the top will be whatever color the fabric is (likely to be a dark color) for the moon. I'm going to try to find some big wooden flowers at a craft store, paint them bright colors and put faces on them and have them come up from the floor like they were planted there. Maybe add few wooden suns near the top of the sun area and a few moons in the moon area.

I want to do something really interesting on the ceiling. The ceiling is white and there is going to be a ceiling fan. I'd also like to put something like stars or planets up there so she will have something to look at while she lies on her back. Maybe find a solar system mobile or something that will move when the fan is on.

I'm going to redo the cushion on the rocking chair that is going in the room, and I'm thinking I'll use the same material that is in the "moon section" of the room. Maybe even make some curtains with it.

Any thoughts? Does this sound like it would be cute?
Old 09-01-2005, 08:12 PM   #404  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Talking Long Distance Froufie!

:D So here I am in Toronto - wouldn't you know it our "guest" bedroom is in the den and lo and behold here is a desk w/a computer - turned on no less. So being the curious frouf that I am I just had to see if it was working! :D

Hope I'm not too late Sandra - some special ;) ;) ;) for you!

Angela - good luck to your sister - please let us know how she does - I do hope she makes it - that would be so exciting. Good luck at the buffet.

Billie - you sound like a wonderful grandma - and definitely no calories in birthday meals - everyone knows that!...and I can relate to the expensive gas situation as it cost us like $42.00 for 1/3 tank on the way here!

Vickie - hope kitty is feeling better! Have fun at the bday party!

Terry - thanks for the info and esp the support! I am very concerned and will keep my eye on things - will talk to principal once school starts and have been playing telephone tag w/therapist - obviously she can't reach me now so I will try again when I'm back!

Kathy - the renovations sound like they're coming along quite nicely. Good luck with the rearranging of things...and I do hope you get less choppy sleep tonight!

Rita - I am so sorry you are not feelilng well yet - definitely a trip to the dr for meds is definitely in order - I hope you are drinking a lot to keep from getting dehydrated!

We had a pretty good trip down about 5.5 hours w/a 1 hr stop for lunch (at a mcdonald's no less!). I was pretty good - had the chicken mcgrill - no sauce, and a side salad w/lf balsamic - one french fry and bottled water.

Did munch on pita chips and tangerines and water in the car. Had dinner here already - along w/glass of red wine - now I am so sleepy! Guess what my gf made? Chicken burgers on the bbq w/salad!! I also had a huge amount of green grapes and yes a few handfuls of potato chips but basically in control and did not go crazy. The dh's are talking now, the kiddies are playing and my gf had to go out to meeting tonight - she will be back around 9 pm and wants to go out w/me for drinks or coffee - I think coffee is my best bet as I will just become drunk and useless!

Tomorrow night her sister, bil and nephew arrive and sleeping arrangements get even tighter (altho it looks like dh and I keep our private den/bedroom!). We are going out for dinner and dancing sat night - I am very excited for this. Sunday night is the bday party and it seems they are now ordering in chinese food!!!!!!!!!!RED ALERT, RED ALERT. This will be challenging for sure.

My gf also ordered this supposedly amazing cake she keeps talking about! I really don't want to have any SUGAR - or you know what will happen. I think I heard her say the cake has pistachios in it so I will use my (very slight) nut allergy to decline gracefully - wish me luck and hopefully I won't be drunk w/wine so I can stay strong!

oh ya - the "official" at home wi took place this morning and my scale read 198.8 w/clothes on! Which is pretty good I think - I will leave my ticker as is and hope for the best next week!

Will try and check in when I can!

Out-of-town, but not out-of-mind Froufie
Old 09-01-2005, 08:49 PM   #405  

Height: 5'7"

Terry, here's a cute one:

http://www.brylanehome.com/Product.a...oductTypeId=2&

I know it's big, but maybe you could do something with the sheets? Just a thought ... I found it last night when I bought little DD a new comforter set. Her current one is quite ghetto (as the kids would say).
Closed Thread