Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 05:01 PM   #106  
focused and aiming

vickie just in case. i have a good feeling about your wi. let us know how it goes. i congratulate you on your positive attitude. you've been through a real test.
Old 08-07-2005, 05:02 PM   #107  

Vickie, for your weigh in tomorrow! Enjoy your dinner! Hope you enjoyed the babies!

Sandra, Preparation is at least half the ball game. It is great that you are planning ahead and preparing some of your meals, that makes it alot easier to resist temptation.
Old 08-07-2005, 05:03 PM   #108  
focused and aiming

i just posted 2 recipes over in desserts. i'm going to try one of them. i was going to try one today, but it's too hot to cook any more in the kitchen. i'll either try one tonight or maybe tomorrow.
Old 08-07-2005, 05:22 PM   #109  
Melissa

Sandra, I saw the recipe for the cobbler. It looks so good. Is that the one you are going to try? I can't wait to hear how it turns out.

Vickie for w/i in the morning. I hope that you are feeling much better and enjoy baby-sitting.

Rita, sounds like you have had a good weekend.

Kathy, we love you!

We've had a busy weekend but pretty good. I've been trying to sleep and rest and get myself into gear. I don't know what my problem is, I'm still pretty tired. DH and I are going to go out for some dinner and then head to Wal-Mart. What fun! I'm planning on stocking up the kitchen with core-licious foods, and I even have a menu planned for the week. I am actually planning on making some old favorites dishes that I have overhauled to be core minus one or two ingredients. I think this will give me something to look forward to in the evenings, and may keep me from using excess points during the day b/c I know that I am going to use some that evening. Does that make sense?
I hope you guys are having a great evening.
Old 08-07-2005, 05:28 PM   #110  
focused and aiming

rita, you're right. i definitely do better when i'm prepared. i heard the difference between a dream and a goal is planning. i think lanny bassham said that.

melissa, hi there. you're making perfect sense. what you're doing is that "planning" that rita and i are talking about. i have the ingredients and am planning to make the peach cobbler (that's listed as berry, i think) (it's the one listed right before the pumpkin one. but it's too hot to bake right now. i'll have t o wait. i think it will be good. i may try the pumpkin one, too. i'm not sure. all this may be "tweaking" the core program and eating too much. i don't know. have fun at walmart. let us know what you cook. i'm eager for new ideas.
Old 08-07-2005, 05:45 PM   #111  
Melissa

Sandra, I don't think we tweak too much as long as we use core ingredients and principles. If it weren't for variety, where would we be? I am very interested in that cobbler. Sounds tasty. I'll let you know my recipes this week as I make them.

I just got some serious motivation just now to be good this week. Seems we are going to visit the town where we used to live several years ago, where Aaron worked as youth minister. We haven't seen most of these people for 3 years. So I am now extremely motivated to be good this week. Maybe I could get down to the 180's, which I think is where I was when we moved away. MOTIVATION!
Old 08-07-2005, 06:23 PM   #112  

Height: 5'7"

Thanks to my sweet friends. I sure need those hugs right now.

So ... my dad left at 9:00 this morning. Judd got back around 2:30 with the face mask and hose, so dad went straight to bed. He was supposed to pick up crazy aunt at crazy friend's house around 9:30 but was late getting there. And I haven't heard from him since.

I made a big breakfast for the DDs and both are at work now. Also made chicken enchiladas out of night-before-last's chicken breasts. We'll have LO meatloaf tomorrow night. I'm trying to do an alternate day thing with the leftovers so we don't get burned out on them.

I suppose I should try to call my dad and find out what's going on. I know he hasn't left town because he left all his stuff here this morning. DS is, of course, dragging on the moving in but whatever. Matters not to me. I just sent Judd to big Walmart to buy an eggcrate or memory foam thing for our bed. If I have to sleep downstairs, I'm going to have to be comfortable and last night I was not.

I can't think well enough to respond. I hope everyone's doing well. I will weigh in the morning and change my ticker to reflect. Hopefully I'm down at least 2 by then although who knows what I'll do between now and bedtime!
Old 08-07-2005, 08:39 PM   #113  

Unhappy

I am going over the edge. I am eating like a My ds came over and we had words about the dil. I should have just but I had a serious We made things right before he left, but it left me seriously stressed. All I have done since then is eat. I didn't cook my supper as planned, just ate the potatoes. I've had a bag of popcorn, a peach, some grapes, 2 fudge bars, a bowl of jello & some oatmeal It's like the just came out of me in my eating. I hate to feel like this. Now I feel about my son and my eating. Throwing a fit itsn't going to change things, but at the time it was that or spontaneously combust. I felt like I just could not hold back my feelings any longer. My poor dh feels the same way and I can see it just eating him up, I think that is what gets me the most. To top it off, I'm thinking about fixing another bag of popcorn.

I have drank my water today, though!
Old 08-07-2005, 09:33 PM   #114  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Okay - let's try and keep it all together - sending good vibes and hugs to Rita and Kathy - to help you cope with the stress going on right now - this too shall pass - so just hang in there and take care of yourselves the best you can!

Vickie - hope you are feeling better and were able to enjoy your babysitting duties!

Angela - what a great idea - we could just throw a weeding fest ( and maybe make a little spelling error on the invite?? ) and see who shows up to help with our depressing lawn!

Melissa - glad you found that little special something to keep you motivated! Good for you.

So despite my "rest is precious" resolution I certainly did not follow my own recommendations. I did rest a bit yesterday pm but don't really think I slept.

The dinner at my gf's place was amazing! It was an all Core Indian feast! We had dahl (lentil soup stuff), raita (yogurt/cucumber stuff), this mango/tomato salad (very refreshing), and tandoori chicken (marinated in ff yogurt/spices), brown rice, steamed spicy veggies...dessert was fruit salad and indian rice pudding (ff evaporated milk/splenda). I had about 1/2 glass of wine and sparkling water the rest of the evening...and some indian tea.

We also watched a movie and did a LOT of chatting - so in the end we did not leave until 1:30 am - so now you now how extra tired I am after hoping this would be the weekend I would catch up - ha ha ha.

Got to bed after 2 am and did kinda sleep in til around 11 am. Hung around the house til late pm when we went shopping to the mall - yes dd got a new pair of jeans at The Gap (on sale for $20!!!), and we took ds and his little friend w/us and went to the "discount" movie theatre there to see Rebound ($15 for all 5 of us!). Yes I had popcorn and diet pepsi - when I got home I was not too hungry, but did have some 7 grain salad for supper.

I had made some Pineapple Lush this am for dessert - and I had some tonight but did not like it that much? I think it's the pistachio flavor - and also the pineapple was causing that nasty tongue reaction. The bad news is I can't seem to resist that Rolo ice cream - and when ds wanted some and I served him, I ended up having some myself. The trick is to either a) always get dh or siblings to serve it or b) NEVER bring it into the house!

I think I will now get ready for bed as I feel a headache brewing and I know I still have a lot of sleep to catch up on

I have packed lunch for tomorrow and planning to stay on track!

nitey-night

Frouf
Old 08-07-2005, 09:34 PM   #115  
focused and aiming

melissa, that is good motivation. you can do it!! i'll let you know about the cobbler and you let us know about the recipes. you're prob right about our not tweaking. it would be dull without it, wouldn't it?

kathy, hang in there, girlfriend. all will be better soon. when is dd moving out? could ds have her room?

rita, your eating doesn't sound so bad. isn't most of what you're eating core? sometimes we just have to blow off steam or blow up. sounds like you and ds ironed things out all right. he's probably agreeing with you even if he doesn't say so.

it's almost time for "deep impact," i'm going to pop some popcorn and have a nutz over chocolate luna bar. (i love chocolate and popcorn together) doesn't this sound like a treat? i've waited all day for it.

have a good evening. i'll be back tomorrow some time. the grands are coming in the am to bake their entries for the fair. i may be late in the day getting here.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:42 PM   #116  
focused and aiming

frouf, your evening at your gf's sounds fabulous. what a different menu you had from the ordinary day to day. that had to be exciting. sounds like 2 good plans for the rolo ice cream. good for you.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:54 PM   #117  
Melissa

Hey gals. Just wrapping up for the evening. We did live through the wal-mart trip and I'm glad to have it behind me!

Kathy, I don't know what to say except that things have to get better.

Frouf, it sounds like you had a great evening with your gf. Hope you are getting some rest tonight.

Sandra, your treat sounds really good. Hope you are enjoying your movie and the treat! I'm not sure what I'll fix tomorrow but I'll let you know and see if you're interested in the recipe. Of course these are things that I am making "core" for the first time, so we'll see how they turn out.

Rita, for you too. I'm so sorry that you have had a rough evening. It sounds like you are bingeing on all core foods though. That's amazing! I would have already been through McDonald's and a gallon of ice cream.

Girls, I'm hoping for a renewed core addiction tomorrow. At lunch we are going to a restaurant I've never been to for a farewell luncheon for a co-worker. I'm going to see if they have a website so I can try to plan ahead. Night!
Old 08-07-2005, 10:00 PM   #118  
Melissa

OK if anyone wants to play the menu game...
http://www.joebolognas.com
It doesn't look like I have many options, really! I have heard that their pizza is amazing but I really don't want to spend the points on that.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:22 PM   #119  
Melissa

BTW, I haven't posted a challenge for this week. I just feel like a big nerd b/c I have personally been so unsuccessful recently in achieving my goals. If anyone else would like to post one, go for it! (Not like you need my permission or anything...you know what I mean)
Old 08-08-2005, 06:24 AM   #120  

Smile Good Morning!!!!

Hope Everyone got plenty of rest last night. A good night's sleep can make everything seem better. I certainly feel better or maybe my worry has already shifted to work

Yall are right, I was bingeing on core food. That's all I have in this house. It is 20 miles for me to go to a grocery store or a There are some perks to living in the middle of the woods. I only have one neighbor and that is my BIL & SIL and they live 1/4 mile away. I guess what bothered me the most about the eating was that I was out of control and I know that is what I have to learn to control if I am going to be able to maintain my loss.

Frouf, That truly sounds like a "feast" I know with children home you can't just empty your home of treats. That makes it so much more difficult to avoid indulging, but when you do it you truly have made an NSV!

Melissa, It sounds like you are truly motivated this week! It's always fun to visit with familiar faces.

Kathy, Hope you got the egg crate and got some rest last night. for a great weigh in!

Sandra, I remember when we used to have a county fair. They don't do that here anymore. It was so much fun! Enjoy your time with your grands & Good Luck with their entries What are they making?

Vickie, Hope you are continuing to feel better. You are so right about the water. I think it looks like I am going to have a really great loss this week and I know it is because I have been drinking more water. And watching those sneaky points

Hope everyone has a truly Great Day
Closed Thread