Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 10:19 PM   #76  

Height: 5'7"

Evening, chickies -- I'm about to wrap it up and go sit for a while. This might be my last night in my little private room upstairs; when DS moves in he will be in that room and I will have to sleep with Judd. Sigh ... actually, I'll be lying there while he sleeps. And snores.

My dad came by on his way out of town. He's coming back tomorrow and will bring all his apparatus-eseses ... which he has plenty of. He's getting ready for knee replacement (already had one, is having the other in the fall after "mowing season") and so there's some sort of brace he has to wear in preparation. He also has three breathing machines at night as he has a paralyzed diaphragm and apnea. And to think he's the older brother! He's 72 and still works every day, whereas his baby sister, the drug addict, can't even tie her own shoes. Anyway, her room is paid up thru Sept. 1 and her stuff can stay, but she can't. She's gone with that enabler friend for the evening. My dad might be able to stay in her apartment at the assisted living place tomorrow night but if not, he can stay here. We'll make room for everyone.

And with that ... I'm off to bed. I have to go think about what I've done. And what have I done, you ask? Um, 5 beers and a coke float. Oh and some fried popcorn chicken. I think that's it. I'm sure the scale will be up in the morning and I dare I be surprised at that? When will I learn??? Although I am certainly still down about 5 pounds from Monday morning, I will have to spend the rest of the weekend in "diligent" mode ... next Monday needs to reflect some sort of loss.

Nighty night.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:47 PM   #77  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, bummer about the beer but I'm sure you'll get back on the wagon. You were very determined earlier and sound like you are again. Hope everything works out for your family. I'm recommending more sleep. Sounds like you might get less sleep when you move back in with your adorable snoring DH!
Old 08-06-2005, 07:56 AM   #78  

Good Morning Ladies. Speaking of sleep, I sure slept late this morning. I have a lot to do to get ready for my bunch to come. DH has been home from work for 2 days, but of course he couldn't clean when he was sick We're gonna do a latish lunch. My DIL is one of those who thinks she is above us. We hardly got to see our granddaughter while our DS was in Iraq. Thank goodness he is home for awhile! I feel very stressed about getting the house ready. I really haven't done anything cleaning oriented in two weeks except the kitchen. I think I am going to try to make a big breakfast before I start and then do a "flylady" crisis cleaning.

Vickie, I'm sure that scale is going to show a loss soon! Congratulations on your core dinner and glad you enjoyed your evening with your family. I followed "doctors orders"

Kathy, Hope it all seems easier to deal with today and that you got some rest last night.

I'm going to start the menu page and then head into the kitchen. I am going to drink a glass of water while I cook breakfast. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-06-2005, 09:13 AM   #79  
Melissa

Hey ladies! I have slept in this morning and am determined to have a better day than yesterday. I keep thinking about all of the things that I should do, like go visit my grandparents, but the fact is that I desperately need this weekend for me. There is enough going on with church. DH is playing tonight at an outdoor event where they will be giving school supplies away. Then of course a couple of hours in the morning. I would consider skipping in the morning for more rest but it is DH's "official" first Sunday, so it's not a good time to do that.

Vickie, you are such a busy lady! Thanks for the encouragement. I feel like I'm dangling by a thread right now. But I guess that happens.
Kathy, I hope that you got lots of sleep. You have so much going on, it's a wonder that your eating wasn't worse. Hang in there.
Rita, have fun with your family today. Sorry to hear about your DIL. But it sounds like you will have a good day today.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:57 AM   #80  

Melissa, I was always very fatigued and overwhelmed-feeling when I was newly pregnant. Just something to think about.

I'm being good today. I exercised and am also exercising restraint when it comes to eating.

I'll be back later,
Angela
Old 08-06-2005, 11:57 AM   #81  
focused and aiming

rita, i'm a stress eater, too. it can be the pits, can't it?

melissa, you are very close to the 180's. i'm proud of you. it won't be much longer! you sound in good spirits this am. you sure have a busy weekend, don't you? we are heading over to paul's archery center with our sponsor shirts on. he's having a big anniversary celebration with lots of factory reps and scads of customers. i guess we'll be kind of models. (now isn't that a hoot?) i'm trying not to be self-centered.

vickie, you will soon get a big payoff on those nasty old scales. don't let them get to you. i admire your spirit. you're a steel magnolia. hadn't thought of the sansone tapes. i have them, t oo. i wonder if my feet would hold up to them. i tried walking in place in the hot tub and made my left heel sore again, but i was barefooted. i'll try the leslie tape with some shoes on. (maybe even orthodics)

kathy, you have a lot of stress around right now. you're doing well on core. think of your accomplishments and smile.

rita, what is a latish lunch? i've never heard the word before. (guess i've led a sheltered life, haven't i?)

got to go. it's almost time to go to paul's.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:01 PM   #82  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghiowa
Melissa, I was always very fatigued and overwhelmed-feeling when I was newly pregnant. Just something to think about.
Angela!
Actually, I would kind of like that! But considering I am currently experiencing TOM, that is unlikely.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:05 PM   #83  
Melissa

Sandra, you are such a sweetie! Thanks! I hope that you have fun being a model today. That sounds like fun. I have been so exhausted this week that DH has suggested I go back to bed. I may just do that. He even offered to go to Wal-Mart with me tomorrow (instead of me going alone today) which is a big sacrifice for him. He hates Wal-Mart with a passion!!! Makes him crazy. Anyway, thanks for the encouragement. You are always ready with it aren't you? I am trying to remind myself that I am only 2 pounds away from the 180's! Surely with how slow I am losing I will keep it off, too.

Well I need to clean up the house some more. And if I'm going to nap, I need some sheets on the bed!! Better get to it.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:15 PM   #84  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Girls! I'm not feeling too well today. I got enough sleep but feel all achey and congested. I'm going to go lay on the couch. I have to be better tomorrow so that I can babysit.

Talk to you all later.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:19 PM   #85  
Melissa

Vickie, hope you are feeling better quickly!
Old 08-06-2005, 02:29 PM   #86  
Melissa

Well I haven't napped yet. I feel so guilty "wasting" the day with a nap. I may yet though. I'm so tired and feeling rather wiped out today, like I'm getting sick still. Anyway, I have managed to do some laundry and pick up around the house.
I'm working on planning a menu now, and just finished chowing on a fresh tomato. Now of course I want something else to eat. I'm a maniac.
Old 08-06-2005, 03:40 PM   #87  
Melissa

Boy I am rambling all alone here today.

I am watching a little bit of "You've Got Mail" and the beginning is fall in NYC. I LOVE fall and can't wait until it gets here. Watching the scenes made me think that I want to be thinner come fall weather. It wasn't a depressing thought, it was motivating. So maybe I need to keep pics of fall around.
Old 08-06-2005, 03:42 PM   #88  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Vickie - hope you are resting up and feeling better! Hugs to you!

Also special group hug to kathy - poor you - lots of stress going on so just hang in there and do your best!

Melissa - you are sounding better and I do hope you take care of yourself first - before anyone or anything else! There is nothing wrong w/resting and sleeping and that is what I am planning to do. Dd has been after me to go shopping w/her - but I said no I'm sleeping...that sure left her w/a puzzled look on her face!...and besides how many pairs of jeans does one girl need??

Well last night was not pretty as I did get into the rolo ice cream and some baguette slices (w/lf cream cheese and smoked salmon) - then of course I was quite disgusted w/myself. But luckily today is a new day and it's saturday so I will be back on track!

Went to synagogue this morning - and the best news was this dressy skirt I have, which I didn't think would fit actually did! (okay it has elastic at the back of the waistband but still....). Last time I tried it on it fit but that damn elastic felt like it was slicing me in half! So this was an improvement.

I made sure to pack a big juicy red delicious apple in the car for the drive back, cuz they usually serve cake/cookies and wine (great combination!) after the service and I wanted to make sure I would not be tempted.

On my way home I stopped at the fruit/veggie place and LOADED up on wonderful core foods: salmon filet, skinless boneless chicken breasts, extra lean ground beef, a couple of steaks, fruits (blueberries, bananas, grapes, cherries, plums), salad veggies, and my new favorites 7 grain salad, and curried couscous/chickpea salad. They are also now making lf egg salad and tuna salad in containers! I bought one small one of each for dd, but I will try them out as well - says they are made w/ultra low fat mayo!

I am really truly now going to try to nap for a while and hopefully will not wake up super groggy! We are invited out for dinner to my best gf's house and she is also on core so I am looking forward to a fabulous core dinner! Will just have to be careful not to eat too much or drink too much wine!

Sandra - aren't you now glad you have that sassy model haircut? Enjoy being the centre of attention!

Rita - your meal definitely sounds amazing! Enjoy it and your family too!

Later,

Frouf
Old 08-06-2005, 03:55 PM   #89  

Hi all, just a quick note before the kids get here. I have cleaned like a maniac and got the table set. I think everything is ready to go. a "latish" is kind of like brunch is to breakfast & lunch. We are running late though, One of the kids was delayed. Turns out my DIL the isn't going to show up and she kept the baby home too. I am I will write more later i've got to finish up a few things. Thanks for everything yall!
Old 08-06-2005, 04:42 PM   #90  
Melissa

Frouf, I hope that you managed to get some rest. Have fun with your gf tonight!
Rita, I'm so sorry that you don't get to see your grandbaby tonight. I hope that you have a good time anyway.

I have to get ready for the church event. I'll chat with you all later!
Closed Thread